Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2016, 11:31   #1441
BHPian
 
ashishk29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 169
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post

One query - In the Trips section, if you go inside (i.e. click the map), it shows you exact path your car took for that specific journey. But does it differentiate by colour coding, e.g. does it show hard-braking, idle-time, high speed etc. in different colours? For me - it doesn't (it always show in RED). I am planning to show it to Honda service guy during first service. Please let me know.
Indeed it's a very handy feature.
It does differentiate. I'll check my recent ride and upload an image once I reach office.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 13:04   #1442
BHPian
 
Makin Rulesz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 88
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

The route taken is always marked in red color, but the other events such as high speed, sudden brake are highlighted with respective color dots on the route. See the below images.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20160425125549.png  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20160425125814.png  


Last edited by Makin Rulesz : 25th April 2016 at 13:05. Reason: spell correction
Makin Rulesz is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 13:16   #1443
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 41
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Some pics from my newly acquired beauty:
Couldn't help myself posting my beauty as well, its a looker for sure! Please forgive the poor clarity for my Nexus4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
The route taken is always marked in red color, but the other events such as high speed, sudden brake are highlighted with respective color dots on the route. See the below images.
mmm..mine doesn't show any such dots, only during breaks it shows, but no idletime/highspeed etc. I will definitely show this thing during the first service this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20160416_175510.jpg  

dieselOmaniac is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 13:45   #1444
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 41
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Another thing I'm gonna habituate to is no separate hatch release.
Yesterday evening had an awkward experience folks. This was my first time with Jazzy inside a shopping mall (we went for a movie). It was tremendous rush during evening 7pm-ish and when the mall security asked me to open the hatch, I suddenly realized that there is no separate hatch release here (it was there in my last car - so 4.5 years I didn't have to think this angle). It took me a while to think what should I do then I unlocked the door and asked the security fellow to open it by himself. He tried for a while and failed, then I had to step out of the car (in that incline) and believe-it-or-not, I couldn't open it myself either! Already there was long queue of cars piled up so the security fellow allowed me to get in (in good faith) without checking my boot.

Not sure if there is an issue or I was flustered under pressure? Whats to be done to open the hatch release in such mall entries - whats the standard operating procedure guys?
dieselOmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 14:49   #1445
BHPian
 
ashishk29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 169
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post

Not sure if there is an issue or I was flustered under pressure? Whats to be done to open the hatch release in such mall entries - whats the standard operating procedure guys?
I believe you just need to disengage central locking and the hatch can be opened by itself. No separate procedure as such. Took me a couple of minutes to figure this out as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Couldn't help myself posting my beauty as well, its a looker for sure! Please forgive the poor clarity for my Nexus4.


mmm..mine doesn't show any such dots, only during breaks it shows, but no idletime/highspeed etc. I will definitely show this thing during the first service this weekend.
Fantastic looking car there! Congratulations. The image is absolutely fine.

Honda connect doesn't show all markers for me either. All I've seen so far are hard braking and idle > 4m.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 16:01   #1446
BHPian
 
praveen_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 454
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Yesterday evening had an awkward experience folks. This was my first time with Jazzy inside a shopping mall (we went for a movie). It was tremendous rush during evening 7pm-ish and when the mall security asked me to open the hatch, I suddenly realized that there is no separate hatch release here (it was there in my last car - so 4.5 years I didn't have to think this angle). It took me a while to think what should I do then I unlocked the door and asked the security fellow to open it by himself. He tried for a while and failed, then I had to step out of the car (in that incline) and believe-it-or-not, I couldn't open it myself either! Already there was long queue of cars piled up so the security fellow allowed me to get in (in good faith) without checking my boot.

Not sure if there is an issue or I was flustered under pressure? Whats to be done to open the hatch release in such mall entries - whats the standard operating procedure guys?
I had a similar incident with my office security. I used to unlock the central lock when I stop for the check and the security would be able to open the hatch and complete the check. On one of the days, I was pre-occupied and got a bit delayed in opening the central lock. By the time the security tried to open the hatch but the lever was opening/closing fully without the hatch getting opened. I got down and tried and same result. The lever will move freely but the hatch wont open.

I then checked the central locking and it was in open position. I locked and opened the central lock once again and this time the hatch opened right away. I was thinking about this behavior and it seems to me that if the security (or someone else) is keeping the hatch lever pulled and if we do the unlocking at that time, it could cause this problem. Of course, this is just my theory. I havent gotten around to verifying yet.

On a related note, I personally hate this cental-lock tied to hatch release behavior and would prefer a separate hatch release.
praveen_v is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 16:09   #1447
Senior - BHPian
 
adimicra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,541
Thanked: 1,006 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

^
This happens in the old Jazz as well. If you try to open the door when the car is being unlocked, it gets locked.
Don't panic. Just lock it once more and then unlock (either through the remote when outside or through the driver side door lock when inside) it will work.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 17:16   #1448
BHPian
 
venkikewl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 51
Thanked: 27 Times
Smile Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Completed all the documentation & the loan process today, & I am about to get my beauty this friday for delivery. As it is summer, would like to know the best suited sun shades for Jazz & the source to purchase. If any shop in Hyderabad does sell the, let me know the address so that I can ride & get them. Also planning to get the Arm rest ordered from Ali Express as suggested by fellow BHPian VPrabhu sir. Getting Floor mats & body cover from the dealer. Any other accessories which needs to be purchased upright do let me know... I am super excited
venkikewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 18:06   #1449
Senior - BHPian
 
adimicra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,541
Thanked: 1,006 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Hi Venky,
Congrats on your new car and wish you many happy miles.
I will not advise the body cover unless your car is parked without a shade... Personally, I have found it a big hassle and can scratch the paint if not handled properly.
You can go for other accessories like mud guards or parking sensors instead.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 18:18   #1450
BHPian
 
ashishk29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 169
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
^
This happens in the old Jazz as well. If you try to open the door when the car is being unlocked, it gets locked.
Don't panic. Just lock it once more and then unlock (either through the remote when outside or through the driver side door lock when inside) it will work.
This is something I've noticed even in my father's alto K10. If you try to use the door handle while unlocking the car, the lock on that door gets stuck half way.

Locking and then unlocking it works.
ashishk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 18:35   #1451
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 489
Thanked: 606 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Thanks ashishk29 for sharing the screenshots for Honda connect. Me too have opted for it from day1 (I took delivery on 16th April) for my V iDtec. Its really cool - and very useful IMHO.

One query - In the Trips section, if you go inside (i.e. click the map), it shows you exact path your car took for that specific journey. But does it differentiate by colour coding, e.g. does it show hard-braking, idle-time, high speed etc. in different colours? For me - it doesn't (it always show in RED). I am planning to show it to Honda service guy during first service. Please let me know.
Dear dieselOmaniac,

The Honda Connect has started working on my Honda Jazz VCVT just TODAY.
Even I could not understand how the like showed red all the time. THEN - I realised - the line is red and has nothing to do with the color code! For example, when I braked hard - then it shows a red dot or circle. I will see if I can share the view with you later.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2016, 09:50   #1452
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 41
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
The Honda Connect has started working on my Honda Jazz VCVT just TODAY.
Even I could not understand how the like showed red all the time. THEN - I realised - the line is red and has nothing to do with the color code! For example, when I braked hard - then it shows a red dot or circle. I will see if I can share the view with you later
Dear GKMahajan, Nice to know that you have activated Honda Connect too. The more people opt for it and become aware, HCIL will enhance the app and add more features to it (I believe).

After going thru my recent trips, I could finally detect 2 red dots, one for break point and one for hard brake. And not even one instance of high speed, although I have driven at 110 on rare occasions (just to check the 6th gear) - so not sure what speed it considers as 'high'.. Attaching the 2 views.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20160426000113.png  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20160426000221.png  

dieselOmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2016, 11:14   #1453
BHPian
 
ashishk29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 169
Thanked: 123 Times
Question Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

First casualty caused by the absence of a reverse beeper :(
Scraped a bit on the bottom most edge of the rear bumper. Thankfully not directly visible from afar.

I'm so habituated to the beeper system that parking with just the camera is quite a challenge for me as of now. Thinking of getting one installed in a week or two.
Any chance I can get a paint touch-up from Honda? How much would it cost?

Also, most importantly, I haven't been getting any fuel economy above 13-14kmpl. Is that normal? Or something I need to check? This includes highway, city, peak traffic city. I have yet to see the MID show anything above 15kmpl. And it's been about 300+km by now. I'm suspecting under-inflated tyres.

Last edited by ashishk29 : 26th April 2016 at 11:34.
ashishk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2016, 11:44   #1454
BHPian
 
fash_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 210
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Yes redcruiser - there is a Fuel Log section in the app which does this for you - you wont need a separate app.
Is it feasible to export the data from the fuel log?
fash_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2016, 12:03   #1455
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 489
Thanked: 606 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
First casualty caused by the absence of a reverse beeper :(
Scraped a bit on the bottom most edge of the rear bumper. Thankfully not directly visible from afar.

I'm so habituated to the beeper system that parking with just the camera is quite a challenge for me as of now. Thinking of getting one installed in a week or two.
Any chance I can get a paint touch-up from Honda? How much would it cost?

Also, most importantly, I haven't been getting any fuel economy above 13-14kmpl. Is that normal? Or something I need to check? This includes highway, city, peak traffic city. I have yet to see the MID show anything above 15kmpl. And it's been about 300+km by now. I'm suspecting under-inflated tyres.
Dear ashishk29,

Sorry about the casualty.

My 2 bits:
Put a reverse sensor. I have put the Honda one. It is good. I got it from Deccan Honda, Pimpri, Pune.
Touch up cost should not be significant - do it.

I have done 7000+ km as of now on my Jazz VCVT. For about 165x2 km per trip x 2 trips per month of highway/main road driving and about 50x2 to 100x2 km of city traffic driving per month, I get about 15 kmpl. I have done these 7000+ km in 6 months of ownership. On the Pune Mumbai leg from Aundh to Mira Road - about 165 km done in about 3 hours, I got 21 kmpl on the MID. Till the Panvel end of the highway it was about 22 kmpl and dropped slightly after that. For a couple of trips I had maxed at 24 kmpl till Panvel!

Maybe you need to watch and see what you can improve in your driving.
My trick - watch the IFE and the Eco indicator (green/blue). It took me just a few days to decide what to do and what not to do. For example, sudden acceleration and/or sudden braking kills the FE. Similarly, wrong rpm for the particular load/speed also kills FE.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got Jazz'd! - Tafeta White Honda Jazz JRD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 25th November 2010 17:14
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
HONDA JAZZ Specs : Sometimes, we have to pay to be (jazz)y in our country sidindica The Indian Car Scene 507 10th June 2009 15:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks