Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2016, 20:57   #3061
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 166
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Booked: White S-Cross DDiS320 Alpha!!!

I am back to the forum...other owners on their thoughts on this.
Can you please let me know what is the final on-road price? As volkman suggested, they had two 1.6 alpha, so, I presume both of them are sold right?

girish

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 25th January 2016 at 23:16. Reason: Large post quoted.
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2016, 21:02   #3062
BHPian
 
rednikhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bangalore.
Posts: 162
Thanked: 145 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
[b]I always wanted to go for tire and alloy upgrade, but now since I have already over-shot by budget by 2 lakhs, I am still not finalized on those aspects. I am looking forward to hear from other owners on their thoughts on this.
If you are short on budget keep the original alloys but be sure to change the tyres. The stock JK Elanzos are just plain lousy. I made the mistake of sticking to the JKs and now after 4.3K KMS am regretting. The 1.6 Alpha is a gem of a car and will surely satiate the enthusiast in you! Wish you many safe and exhilarating miles
rednikhil is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2016, 21:04   #3063
BHPian
 
engine_charan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Booked: White S-Cross DDiS320 Alpha!!!
=========
I am looking forward to hear from other owners on their thoughts on this.
Congrats on booking S-Cross 1.6 Diesel. Iam sure you must be excited and eagerly waiting to drive the car. Please post the price break-up
engine_charan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 01:16   #3064
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Delhi
Posts: 120
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I'm a sedate driver, don't care much for ICE. What I insist on are safety features as a must have. Good to have would be NAV system and rear parking camera.

So I am thinking of going for a Sigma, since safety features appear to be standard. My question is, how much would it cost to install a NAV system and a rear parking camera post purchase? Thanks in advance folks.
C'estlavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 01:19   #3065
BHPian
 
Vigkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 604
Thanked: 978 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I have a question to other S-Cross owners. Where is the VIN marked in the S-Cross. As I was discussing with my RM today, he told there is nothing like a separate VIN for S-Cross - it is same as the chassis number. I did not buy that - but having the exact info will be very useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Can you please let me know what is the final on-road price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine_charan View Post
Congrats on booking S-Cross 1.6 Diesel. Iam sure you must be excited and eagerly waiting to drive the car. Please post the price break-up
Thanks Girish and Charan. I do not have the price break-up at this point of time. What I can say is the final offer made to me by Bimal for the 2015 model is a little less than the reduced prices of the 2016 model. It is in around the figure most of the members felt was reasonable for the S-Cross DDiS 320 during launch. Other dealers offered me 2015 models at the same price as 2016 price. Since the offer was better at Bimal and since it was the nearest to my place, I went ahead with them. I will post the final price and the break-up once I complete PDI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
As volkman suggested, they had two 1.6 alpha, so, I presume both of them are sold right?
No Girish, Volkman's post was regarding the Delta 1.6. They still have those 2 cars with them. They also have a couple of Zetas. In Alpha, they have at least the following 1 Blue, 2 Browns (one modified and one original), 1 Grey. I took the last white that was with them. I was looking for Silver and had reached out to other dealers, but none of them had a Silver Alpha and I was not interested in Delta. Silver Zeta would have got me thinking but since it was not available anywhere, I went with the white one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
If you are short on budget keep the original alloys but be sure to change the tyres. The stock JK Elanzos are just plain lousy. I made the mistake of sticking to the JKs and now after 4.3K KMS am regretting. The 1.6 Alpha is a gem of a car and will surely satiate the enthusiast in you! Wish you many safe and exhilarating miles
Yes Nikhil, I am very keen on upgrading the tires, especially after my bad experiences with the JKs on our Dzire over the last 2 months. Alloys, I am not sure. Even though I dont like them, I can definitely live with them.
Vigkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 01:39   #3066
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Hi Vigkey, the VIN number can be seen inside the engine bay its on the metal part along the hinge of the bonnet and numbers are etched into the metal and the Month and Year is the last two alphabets following the chasis number. Hope this helps.
mindovermotor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 03:58   #3067
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,418
Thanked: 9,326 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijujj View Post
I got my 1.3 zeta last week. Very happy with the car so far. A few quick notes on the irritants experienced
1. The control buttons on the door are not illuminated. Till you become familiar with the buttons, you tend to fumble with them in the dark.
2. NVH compared to my previous car (1 gen Jazz) is inferior. It is a noisy engine and the noise does creeps in.
3. Nexa experience was not great. They are understaffed and not yet reached that optimum operational efficiency.
So far FE shows 16 in city traffic, hope it will improve a little more after the run-in period.
Congratulations.

I feel both the 16kmpl in traffic efficiency figure and the diesel engine refinement compared to a petrol Honda shouldn't be called as irritants. But yes- illuminated window buttons should have been provided.

Is there a NEXA showroom at Trivandrum? MS website shows only three dealerships north of Cochin.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 21:08   #3068
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 70
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

16 kmpl is definitely not an irritant sorry for clubbing that along with 'irritants' :-). I am in chennai now though my location still points to Trivandrum.

I like the car. Today mapmyinfia routes me tthrough some really bad roads which I wouldn't have been able to drive on my Jazz. S cross to its credit managed without scrapping the bottom. The 15mm additional GC translates to much more in real life.
bijujj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 21:29   #3069
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: BLR, DMM, TRV
Posts: 85
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijujj View Post
16 kmpl is definitely not an irritant sorry for clubbing that along with 'irritants' :-). I am in chennai now though my location still points to Trivandrum.

I like the car. Today mapmyinfia routes me tthrough some really bad roads which I wouldn't have been able to drive on my Jazz. S cross to its credit managed without scrapping the bottom. The 15mm additional GC translates to much more in real life.
Its not just the 180mm GC that helps, but the stiff suspension make sure that the GC is maintained even at higher loads, unlike few sedans / pseudo SUV's that bottoms out at higher load . I felt the 180mm GC of S Cross is more handy than 190mm+ of few other cars I've tried.
Is there any Nexa outlet opened in Trivandrum now? I was surprised to see none during may last year end vacation outing. Most of the guys in our capital city are even not aware about this vehicle! In fact I did my first service at Hercules Motors, seem to be the first S-Cross visited there then!
lovetorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 23:26   #3070
Senior - BHPian
 
romeomidhun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,382
Thanked: 1,402 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
Is there any Nexa outlet opened in Trivandrum now? I
Not now. 2 in cochin, 2 in calicut and 1 in cochin.
romeomidhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2016, 15:35   #3071
BHPian
 
Vigkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 604
Thanked: 978 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong thread. But I am posting here as this will be my best chance to get attention of S-Cross owners.

I am looking for suggestions on tire and alloy upgrade for my S-Cross.

This is the first time I am looking to buy new tires and have no clue on how to choose between different options. I will mostly be using the non-existent Bangalore roads, beautiful 6 lane highways in Tamil Nadu and Ghat roads in Kerala. My primary focus is on reliability, comfort, grip. I am not looking to upgrade the size. So, looking in stock size of 205/60 R16, my shortlists are.
  • Bridgestone Turanza GR90 (92 V)
  • Michelin Primacy 3 ST (92 V)
  • Yokohama Db ES501 (92 H)
  • Pirelli P4 4 Seasons / P7 Cinturato
  • Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 (92V)
With regards to alloys, I am looking at Momo and Plati. Are there any other brands that I can go with confidence. MSW sounds expensive, but they have some beautiful designs.

Again, I am not sure on the various factors to be checked in finding the right alloys.
  • What should be the width?
  • Should I go with the wheel matching the exact PCD?
  • I saw some posts about hub ring. When do they come into picture?
I see a lot of owners have got decent buy back for the JK tires and stock alloys. I would like to know the tire dealers who accept these JKs and stock alloys. I spoke to one of the dealers in Kammanahalli and he said he will give 1,700 for JKs and will not accept the alloys. I said Good Bye to him. Any information on the right guys to reach out for the swap will be really helpful.

Request all experts and other S-Cross owners to help me with these queries.

Last edited by Eddy : 27th January 2016 at 17:12. Reason: Added Info
Vigkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2016, 16:47   #3072
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 44
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Sorry if I am posting in the wrong thread. But I am posting here as this will be my best chance to get attention of S-Cross owners.
Hello Vigkey, Congrats on your new ride. Regarding to your queries,
Momo has couple of nice looking alloys and they well built well too.
S cross has a PCD of 114.3 with 5 hole configuration. So, get a alloy in this spec only. I am not a fan of hub centric rings. Only when you dont get an alloy of the required PCD, hub centric rings are used.
If you have 1.3 version of the S-cross, then the stock size more than adequately sized. For 1.6, a size bigger would definitely help putting all the torque on tap to better use. I would recommend either Pirelli P7 or Michelin Primacy 3ST. Few of the best tyres out there.
For the existing JK Elanzos, you should get anything between 4k to 5k. 1.4k is way too less. Ask around with few more tyre shops. Try to get rid of your stock alloys on Olx.
Hope this helps
CarMaster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2016, 17:14   #3073
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 71
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
This is the first time I am looking to buy new tires and have no clue on how to choose between different options. I will mostly be using the non-existent Bangalore roads, beautiful 6 lane highways in Tamil Nadu and Ghat roads in Kerala. My primary focus is on reliability, comfort, grip. I am not looking to upgrade the size.
My choice for tyres would be exactly in the order that you have listed
[*]Bridgestone Turanza GR90 (92 V) - First Preference[*]Michelin Primacy 3 ST (92 V) - Second Preference[*]Yokohama Db ES501 (92 H) - Third Preference[*]Pirelli P4 4 Seasons / P7 Cinturato - Fourth Preference

I feel that Bridgestone has mastered the art of making tyres that suit Indian conditions. If you are keen on this, try the Bridgestone Select Store near Indira Nagar BDA complex. They offered 3.5k for exchange and quoted around 7.4k for Bridgestone Potenza G3.

You can try Sai Iyengar opposite ESI Hospital on Indira Nagar Double Road. They offer the best exchange rates for JK. You should get minimum 4k a tyre. Avoid places in and around Kamanhalli. It's way too expensive & the exchange value that they offer is a joke.

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th January 2016 at 05:09. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2016, 17:22   #3074
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: BLR, DMM, TRV
Posts: 85
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Sorry if I am posting in the wrong thread. But I am posting here as this will be my best chance to get attention of S-Cross owners.

I am looking for suggestions on tire and alloy upgrade for my S-Cross.
Congrats for the new acquisition. For tyres, best bet among the list should be Michelin or Bridgestone.
As far as alloys are concerned, ideal size for stock tyre size (205) should be 6.5" wide (6.5J), but most of the after market wheels are available only in 7" (7J) wide, that should not be problem for 205 though. In fact by having 7" wide wheel will help you to upgrade the tyre to 215 or 225 in future . PCD must remain at 114.3mm.
Hub rings are good to have see various threads and Mi10's ownership report for more clarity. I'm also in hunt for doing that, need to figure a supplier in Bangalore.
I got 4k per tyre as exchange price from Hercules, fyi.

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th January 2016 at 05:10. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
lovetorque is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2016, 19:01   #3075
BHPian
 
Vigkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 604
Thanked: 978 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
Hello Vigkey, Congrats on your new ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
Congrats for the new acquisition.
Thanks CarMaster and lovetorque!!! However, I have not got the car in my hands yet. I have booked and blocked the car. I will be doing PDI this week and make more cash payment + start loan processing. As I am not in much of a hurry, Im planning to get delivery in the second week of Feb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
Momo has couple of nice looking alloys and they well built well too.
S cross has a PCD of 114.3 with 5 hole configuration. So, get a alloy in this spec only. I am not a fan of hub centric rings. Only when you dont get an alloy of the required PCD, hub centric rings are used.
Yes, Im liking Momo alloys too, but there is little option in 114.3 and I dont want to go for the most common Momo - the Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
If you have 1.3 version of the S-cross, then the stock size more than adequately sized. For 1.6, a size bigger would definitely help putting all the torque on tap to better use. I would recommend either Pirelli P7 or Michelin Primacy 3ST. Few of the best tyres out there.
I will be getting the 1.6, but not planning for upsize mainly due to warranty issues. Im sure Maruti will quote that as a reason in case something goes wrong in the future. Michelin seems to be the most popular choice in this forum. However, I will evaluate the options further and take a final decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
For the existing JK Elanzos, you should get anything between 4k to 5k. 1.4k is way too less. Ask around with few more tyre shops. Try to get rid of your stock alloys on Olx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
My choice for tyres would be exactly in the order that you have listed
  • Bridgestone Turanza GR90 (92 V) - First Preference
  • Michelin Primacy 3 ST (92 V) - Second Preference
  • Yokohama Db ES501 (92 H) - Third Preference
  • Pirelli P4 4 Seasons / P7 Cinturato - Fourth Preference
Thanks SafeDrive. I listed down the first 2 in my order of preference. Im not too sure of Yokos or Pirellis or Contis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
I feel that Bridgestone has mastered the art of making tyres that suit Indian conditions. If you are keen on this, try the Bridgestone Select Store near Indira Nagar BDA complex. They offered 3.5k for exchange and quoted around 7.4k for Bridgestone Potenza G3.

You can try Sai Iyengar opposite ESI Hospital on Indira Nagar Double Road. They offer the best exchange rates for JK. You should get minimum 4k a tyre. Avoid places in and around Kamanhalli. It's way too expensive & the exchange value that they offer is a joke.
I will try Sai Iyengar. I hope they have a decent collection of alloys too. I dont expect more than 4-4.5k for the JKs. Yes, the Kammanahalli guy's offer was a joke. I vowed that I would never go in that direction looking for tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
For tyres, best bet among the list should be Michelin or Bridgestone.
Thanks Lovetorque. These are my top 2 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
As far as alloys are concerned, ideal size for stock tyre size (205) should be 6.5" wide (6.5J), but most of the after market wheels are available only in 7" (7J) wide, that should not be problem for 205 though. In fact by having 7" wide wheel will help you to upgrade the tyre to 215 or 225 in future. PCD must remain at 114.3mm.
That is a great suggestion. The extra width of the wheel will help in a future up-size also. And Yes, I will definitely go for PCD of 114.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
Hub rings are good to have see various threads and Mi10's ownership report for more clarity. I'm also in hunt for doing that, need to figure a supplier in Bangalore.
I got 4k per tyre as exchange price from Hercules, fyi.
I read his report, but I did not get the exact purpose. He has already got alloys of PCD 114.3, but has also got hub rings. Guess I am missing something. I will PM him to get more details
Vigkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38) .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1220 25th July 2015 11:33
Fiat Avventura vs VW Cross Polo vs Toyota Etios Cross vs Ford EcoSport a4anurag Hatchbacks 14 16th July 2015 10:22
CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio devarshi84 What Car? 19 4th December 2014 03:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks