Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 23:56   #3166
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 75
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Has the 4th quadrant of the ICU ever worked for anyone here? I have tried everything, but it just doesn't sync with my S6 Edge. For sure, S6 Edge is supported for MirrorLink as per the official website. Are there any other settings?
Try using the original data cable that came along with the phone. That worked out for me. Also, as suggested in another post check if phone has mirror link in it. I have a car app in my phone (came with phone) and it shows options from that in a text menu like call, navigate, music, voice commands, etc. Once I select any of them, it mirrors the car app on screen. Took a few photographs of the screens but guess do not have permission to upload pics yet.
@viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 11:25   #3167
BHPian
 
pannags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 290
Thanked: 374 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
The price quoted was for the Bi-Xenon HiD kit and does not include the projectors.

The accessories guy confirmed that manufacturer warranty remains intact with this mod. Wouldn't mind spending on the projectors, but there is no news of that coming anytime soon.
From the tens of articles on the forum related to lighting, it is amply clear that HIDs provide way better illumination compared to Halogens.

However, in the context of using HIDs without a projector housing, can someone clarify the following,

1. To start with, does the law permit using aftermarket HIDs?

2. Are they safe to use, especially since they are in a reflective housing with glass light-spreading lenses?

3. I was told the hi-beam bulb would continue to work independent of the bi-Xenon. Is this really true and does this mean both would light-up on switching to high-beam?

Planning to get them installed this weekend and hence asking.
pannags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 11:36   #3168
BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 931
Thanked: 505 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
From the tens of articles on the forum related to lighting, it is amply clear that HIDs provide way better illumination compared to Halogens.

However, in the context of using HIDs without a projector housing, can someone clarify the following,

1. To start with, does the law permit using aftermarket HIDs?

2. Are they safe to use, especially since they are in a reflective housing with glass light-spreading lenses?

3. I was told the hi-beam bulb would continue to work independent of the bi-Xenon. Is this really true and does this mean both would light-up on switching to high-beam?

Planning to get them installed this weekend and hence asking.
1-Yes,but only in projectors.
2-In normal reflectors,the light blinds the on coming traffic,plus the light gets scattered.
3-Bi xenon basically uses the same bulb for low and high.It consists of a mechanism that simple moves the bulb in and out.If the mechanism fails in either of the position ,the bulb remains there.
rakesh_r is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 11:43   #3169
Senior - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 2,584
Thanked: 2,933 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post

2. Are they safe to use, especially since they are in a reflective housing with glass light-spreading lenses?

3. I was told the hi-beam bulb would continue to work independent of the bi-Xenon. Is this really true and does this mean both would light-up on switching to high-beam?

Planning to get them installed this weekend and hence asking.
2. Safe to use in terms of electricals or the light output? There will be a considerable amount of light scattering so cant make use of the entire light output with a reflector. This is where a projector will do a better job of putting all the light from the bulb into the right place.

3. Since the Zeta comes with a H4 bulb which is the same for high and low beam, your HID kit will also be of the same type. One bulb for both beams either HID or halogen. No combination possible.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 13:52   #3170
BHPian
 
Vigkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 601
Thanked: 974 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

So friends, I have completed the PDI and approved the dealer to go ahead with the further formalities. It was Oct 2015 manufactured and newest S-Cross 1.6 Alpha in their lot. The final offer was 14.7 lakhs - all included which is 41k less than the 2016 model prices and 3 lakhs less than the non-discounted 2015 prices. I think it was a decent deal considering the tax structure in Bangalore for the 4+ m cars with 1.5+ L diesel engines. 14.5 lakhs was considered to be the best price for the 1.6 Alpha when the car was launched and since I was getting around that mark, I went ahead and accepted the offer. I did not bargain much - was asking for 14.5 lakhs as the final offer, but they did not agree. Once I chose the white color they were adamant on the price they quoted and said they were sure to sell the 2015 model White at even the 2016 prices. Not sure if I got the best price, but Im pretty sure that it is a very reasonable price for this car.

Since I have a pre-approved ICICI loan, I am going ahead with that. The interest rate is 9.65%. That was the best among all banks when I checked in bankbazaar as well. HDFC also offered the same rate, but went ahead with ICICI as I already have an account with them. My RM was asking to make the rest of the payment by Monday so that they can start the registration formalities.

The dealer was suggesting to go for Royal Sundaram insurance as they are more flexible when it comes to claims. Is this true? What insurance have fellow S-Cross owners opted for? I am not opting for insurance outside as I will again have to negotiate with the dealer regarding the final price and stuff. Thought I will go ahead with this dealer offered insurance now and probably change to a better offer when it is time for renewal.

The Basic accessory list has been changed by Bimal Nexa and they are no longer offering the sill guard. The current accessories are.
  • Transparent PVC Mat (Rs 1190)
  • Front and Read Mud Flaps (Rs 580)
  • Lifestyle kit - Black / Beige (Rs 2990) - even RM had no clue what this is. I guess, it will have things among T-shirt / cuff link / wallet / watch that was showcased as lifestyle accessories in the Auto Expo
  • Tyvek Body Cover (Rs 2790)
  • Premium Tissue box (Rs 690 )
  • Xtreme exterior Microfiber cloth (Rs 179)
  • Sonax Glass Shampoo (Rs 529)
  • Customer Docket kit (Rs 550)

In addition, he said they will give Ganesha idol and perfume also. I think I should try to get the additional mat (which was part of the accessory set earlier) and normal sill guard (earlier illuminated one was offered) also.

I am planning to get delivery on Feb 19th, when my parents will also be here. I have asked them to deliver after finishing the registration and all other formalities.

This weekend I plan to go to Sai Iyengar and finalize the deal for Tire and alloy upgrade. I am still in 2 minds for alloy upgrade For Tires, I will get the quote for each and then make a final decision.

Since this is my first ever purchase of a new car, I might have missed a lot of things. Any inputs from the forum with regards to the whole process is welcome and highly appreciated.

Last edited by Vigkey : 5th February 2016 at 14:15.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 17:08   #3171
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Goa
Posts: 25
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Considering that the prices of the 2016 S-Cross models have been revised downwards, do you think they have cut corners with the features of the new models or their build quality? Does anybody here own a 2016 model and has noticed something of this sort?

Also I have received a quote from the local NEXA dealer (Sai Service) and the quote shows price of extended warranty for 1.3 Zeta (the model I'm interested in) as something like INR 14k. On checking the NEXA website, it shows the price of extended warranty as INR 12587. When I enquired with the dealer, he says that the extended warranty indicated on the quote is the one offered by the dealer (and not the NEXA extended warranty) and the stipulation is 4 yrs/unlimited kms as opposed to the NEXA extended warranty of 4 yrs/80000 kms. Do you think that it is wiser to go for the NEXA extended warranty or the dealer supplied extended warranty?
TheGoodest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 17:09   #3172
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 33
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
Since this is my first ever purchase of a new car, I might have missed a lot of things. Any inputs from the forum with regards to the whole process is welcome and highly appreciated.
If you have any old car in your name and has NCB, you can consider transferring it to your new car (can be done across the insurance providers.) I have done this recently; if you need more info, I can help you with it.
For insurance, I went with New India Insurance; this is due to some personal acquaintances I have. I had good experience with HDFC Chhubb and Royal Sundaram as well for my other cars.

BTW, are the dealers making it mandatory to buy the accessories or you opted for it? Asking this because of tissue box, cloth and shampoo!

Have you opted for extended warranty? You may want to weigh in your options there.

Question for others who bought the car:
do the dealer provide separate warranty cards for battery? I have not got one with my car; hence checking.
sagara999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 18:18   #3173
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,714
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagara999 View Post
Question for others who bought the car:
do the dealer provide separate warranty cards for battery? I have not got one with my car; hence checking.
There is no separate warranty card for the battery. I had the exact concern and I spoke to the Senior Manager Sales. He said that the warranty that you get is a comprehensive warranty which also includes all third party parts such as battery, bulbs, etc... He confidently said that they will take care of everything, so no need to worry. Let's hope he is right.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 18:37   #3174
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,353
Thanked: 959 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodest View Post
Also I have received a quote from the local NEXA dealer (Sai Service) and the quote shows price of extended warranty for 1.3 Zeta (the model I'm interested in) as something like INR 14k. On checking the NEXA website, it shows the price of extended warranty as INR 12587. When I enquired with the dealer, he says that the extended warranty indicated on the quote is the one offered by the dealer (and not the NEXA extended warranty) and the stipulation is 4 yrs/unlimited kms as opposed to the NEXA extended warranty of 4 yrs/80000 kms. Do you think that it is wiser to go for the NEXA extended warranty or the dealer supplied extended warranty?
I'm in the same boat.
Different quotes from MASS and NEXA.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
There is no separate warranty card for the battery. I had the exact concern and I spoke to the Senior Manager Sales. He said that the warranty that you get is a comprehensive warranty which also includes all third party parts such as battery, bulbs, etc... He confidently said that they will take care of everything, so no need to worry. Let's hope he is right.
Battery is covered under warranty, bulb is not.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 19:00   #3175
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 75
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

I have Aug-2015 S-Cross 1.3 Alpha in Pune.

One thing that I keep missing are the DRLs. Wanted to know if anyone has got DRLs done or any suggestions around it?

Also, while idling at red lights when RPMs go below 800, I feel vibrations in the car. Is that normal?
@viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 19:52   #3176
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,153
Thanked: 5,029 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
.....The dealer was suggesting to go for Royal Sundaram insurance as they are more flexible when it comes to claims. Is this true? What insurance have fellow S-Cross owners opted for? I am not opting for insurance outside as I will again have to negotiate with the dealer regarding the final price and stuff. Thought I will go ahead with this dealer offered insurance now and probably change to a better offer when it is time for renewal...
Congrats on the car!

I suggest you get an insurance quote too from outside and ask the dealer to match it. The savings will be substantial. And its better to get the insurance which the dealer suggest as they'll have some rapport with these vendors which makes the approval process lenient.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 20:04   #3177
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 33
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post

Battery is covered under warranty, bulb is not.
Are the tyres also covered then? I hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congrats on the car!

I suggest you get an insurance quote too from outside and ask the dealer to match it. The savings will be substantial. And its better to get the insurance which the dealer suggest as they'll have some rapport with these vendors which makes the approval process lenient.
When I got the insurance, I got a call from a number from Chennai (+9140.) and the lady from Maruti Insurance explained me the details of the policy, the premium, coverage, etc. and she also told me the insurance provider. I asked for options insurance providers and she told 6-7 of them. Initial one quoted by her was ICICI Lombard and I asked to change that to New India Assurance. She confirmed the same once again.

So, I dont think there is any dealer rapport involved.
sagara999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 20:27   #3178
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,353
Thanked: 959 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

SCROSS Foam Bath

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20160205_161553.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post

Also, while idling at red lights when RPMs go below 800, I feel vibrations in the car. Is that normal?
Is this with or without AC ?
With AC I think RPM fluctuation is normal for a 1.3 DDIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagara999 View Post
Are the tyres also covered then? I hope so.
Details given in user manual
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20160205_201159.jpg

Last edited by kpzen : 5th February 2016 at 20:30.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 20:29   #3179
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Got my S-cross (1.3 Delta Pearl White) on the new year!! Wanted to share the experience so far with fellow owners/followers:

Booked the car on 31st Dec. at Pasco Nexa Gurgaon with delivery made on 6th Jan (post disbursement by bank). The whole experience from negotiations through delivery was a pleasant surprise. Never once I felt that I am in a Maruti showroom! It was an awesome experience. Sales representatives are well trained and they understand the difference between aggression and assertion. Also, they have been proactively following up on all after sales activities like servicing, rc, number plate etc.

OTR 9.2L and includes (door mats, mud flaps, reverse camera, gps unit, fog lamps, multi-charging unit, steering cover, seat covers, alloys, spare rims).

So far, I have driven 2000 kms and the performance has been as expected. Absolutely nothing to complain about and the car truly give a luxurious feeling both in terms of features and performance. Got the first service done at Pasco and they delivered the car in flat 90 mins. Planning to take it out for a long haul and would share the experience with the group.
SandyKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 22:11   #3180
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,153
Thanked: 5,029 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagara999 View Post
... I asked for options insurance providers and she told 6-7 of them. Initial one quoted by her was ICICI Lombard and I asked to change that to New India Assurance. She confirmed the same once again.

So, I dont think there is any dealer rapport involved.
They gave you options since you asked for it. Otherwise, they'll always pitch in first with their favorite insurance provider.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38) .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1220 25th July 2015 11:33
Fiat Avventura vs VW Cross Polo vs Toyota Etios Cross vs Ford EcoSport a4anurag Hatchbacks 14 16th July 2015 10:22
CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio devarshi84 What Car? 19 4th December 2014 03:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks