Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 20:35   #3556
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 39
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Please keep us posted on the options offered by the dealer. For my better half, leather is a deal breaker, which is holding me back from considering the S-Cross.
Sure KiloAlpha,
I'm looking forward to some innovative solution from dealer. S-Cross driving experience is far superior to just let it pass for incompatible seat covers.
bliss_now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 21:38   #3557
BHPian
 
Sree73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 379
Thanked: 377 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
Agree with you about the brochures but here is a set that I found online on another site which seems to be doing a pretty good job of comparing all variants of S-Cross across 1.3 and 1.6. Never saw them at the dealership though.
This feature list comparison is very much a part of Nexaexperience site. Go to the E-Brochure and download pdf.

https://marutistoragenew.blob.core.w...ure-scross.pdf
Sree73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 21:42   #3558
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,121
Thanked: 1,124 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
@KiloAlpha, Why not look at Zeta ?
Because I really want the HID Projectors
that come with the top end model. Retro fit of those are also ruled out as being too complex.




Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss_now View Post
Sure KiloAlpha,
I'm looking forward to some innovative solution from dealer. S-Cross driving experience is far superior to just let it pass for incompatible seat covers.
Which is exactly why I am holding out for the S-Cross 1.6 Alpha.
KiloAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 21:47   #3559
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 166
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hi,

Here is my Delta 1.6. Has done 1200km over this weekend and planning to
take it for first service on Saturday.

I have a small problem. The cover in the boot (above the wheel) was damaged at
the corners and the RM told me that they will correct it during the first service. Shall I accept the repair or shall I ask for replacement?

cheers,
girish
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross.jpg  

girishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 21:48   #3560
BHPian
 
Sree73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 379
Thanked: 377 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Because I really want the HID Projectors
that come with the top end model. Retro fit of those are also ruled out as being too complex.
Mi10 has done an upgrade to projector lamps recently. If interested, below is the link to his ownership thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3926773 (Crossbreed® | Mi10's Maruti S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 320 - Remapped!)
Sree73 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 22:29   #3561
BHPian
 
dass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 900
Thanked: 303 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Hi,



I have a small problem. The cover in the boot (above the wheel) was damaged at
the corners and the RM told me that they will correct it during the first service. Shall I accept the repair or shall I ask for replacement?
You should not have accepted the cover in the first place. Is there a mention on the delivery note that the cover was already damaged? If not, I am not sure if they would offer a replacement.
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 06:21   #3562
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 91
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hi Friends,
Do we have the latest prices of S-Cross On-road in Hyderabad. Considering the Vitara Brezza Launch, which might affect S-Cross sales - There may be further discounts on revised On-road prices. Anyone have this info

Looking at Delta 1.6 and Zeta 1.6 - are there major features missing which we need to consider going for Zeta 1.6 (as we have abs, Airbags as standard) - Anyone can please help on this.
Veels n Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 08:44   #3563
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 22
Thanked: 7 Times
Thumbs down Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

MSIL have a really bad PR team which only knows how to use all sorts of adjectives from the dictionary to fill up content. Its totally stupid to see 10% technical spec and the rest all is of some flashy sentences which add no value for a person seeking information. If it was possible to me, I would have fired the entire team making brochures and websites, and though I have no experience with both, I would have just copy pasted info from the specifications provided by the engineers instead of copy pasting from some dictionary.

I saw the S-Cross brochure sometime when I was researching and I found out so many statements which were a waste of space. I quote the accessory brochure:
I agree with you. Even Nexa website and brochure shows S Cross 1.6 with 88 bhp and 1.3 with 66 bhp only.
ashtrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 09:39   #3564
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: BLR, DMM, TRV
Posts: 85
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtrix View Post
I agree with you. Even Nexa website and brochure shows S Cross 1.6 with 88 bhp and 1.3 with 66 bhp only.
Buddy, the website shows power in KW, which is correct.88BHP = 118BHP=120PS . The brochure values are also right in the way.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross_engine.jpg  

lovetorque is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 10:06   #3565
BHPian
 
Dani7766's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 49
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
Hi Friends,
Do we have the latest prices of S-Cross On-road in Hyderabad. Considering the Vitara Brezza Launch, which might affect S-Cross sales - There may be further discounts on revised On-road prices. Anyone have this info

Looking at Delta 1.6 and Zeta 1.6 - are there major features missing which we need to consider going for Zeta 1.6 (as we have abs, Airbags as standard) - Anyone can please help on this.
I don't have information, but it'll help you when you bargain.
Comparing 1.6 Zeta and delta you'll miss Touch screen system with navigation with better speakers (read somewhere in the forum the speakers are different), so called alloy wheels, rear wiper and demister, rear arm rest, driver side height adjustment, parcel tray, engine push start. Not sure if the price difference between 1.6 delta and zeta is justified, but if you push yourself to 1.6 zeta, might as well get 1.6 alpha. You get lot of useful features for that money (auto ac, projector head lamps, leather seats, auto wipers, auto headlamps, reverse camera). I made the mistake of getting 1.6 zeta and repenting my decision. But if its 1.3, the 1.3 Zeta is definitely value for money, especially in places like chennai, where 1.3 alpha crosses 10 lakhs and the taxation changes. You end up paying 60,000 rs extra as taxes and then the price difference between variants.
Dani7766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 11:25   #3566
BHPian
 
Sree73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 379
Thanked: 377 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani7766 View Post
But if its 1.3, the 1.3 Zeta is definitely value for money, especially in places like chennai, where 1.3 alpha crosses 10 lakhs and the taxation changes. You end up paying 60,000 rs extra as taxes and then the price difference between variants.
Agree with you. In 1.3, Zeta is the best VFM. It does not loose out much on feature list compared to Alpha.
Only missing features are

1. Projector head lamps (Auto)
2. Rain sensing wipers
3. Leather seats
4. Auto dimming IRVM.

These features do not justify the price difference between Zeta & Alpha when you consider the differential road tax also into account once the ex-showroom price crosses 10 Lakhs.
Sree73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 11:41   #3567
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 97
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani7766 View Post
Not sure if the price difference between 1.6 delta and zeta is justified, but if you push yourself to 1.6 zeta, might as well get 1.6 alpha. You get lot of useful features for that money (auto ac, projector head lamps, leather seats, auto wipers, auto headlamps, reverse camera).
With the current pricing scenario, Alpha (1.3 or 1.6) seems to be the best buy. Price difference between Zeta and Alpha is less than 1L.

However, I bought a 1.6 Zeta. 2.4 L price difference between Zeta and Alpha (2015 models) helped to sort out the confusion.

No regrets for buying 1.6 Zeta. I miss ACC sometimes, but can manage.
prasanna_indaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 12:00   #3568
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,353
Thanked: 959 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Because I really want the HID Projectors
that come with the top end model.
Please note, spec wise the Indian Scross HID lamps aren't same as the European S cross.

Indian version has a 25w D5s bulbs.
European Scross has 35w D4s bulbs.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 12:02   #3569
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 22
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
Buddy, the website shows power in KW, which is correct.88BHP = 118BHP=120PS . The brochure values are also right in the way.
Thanks for correcting me. My bad.
ashtrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 13:27   #3570
Senior - BHPian
 
carwatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bardez, Goa
Posts: 1,100
Thanked: 866 Times
Default

It feels quite good to see that the fanbase for S-Cross is ever increasing on T-Bhp and that too for its drive and ride quality.
This is making me seriously consider it to replace my Linea T-Jet with S-Cross 1.6 MJD someday.
carwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38) .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1220 25th July 2015 11:33
Fiat Avventura vs VW Cross Polo vs Toyota Etios Cross vs Ford EcoSport a4anurag Hatchbacks 14 16th July 2015 10:22
CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio devarshi84 What Car? 19 4th December 2014 03:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:38.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks