Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 15:22   #3766
BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 931
Thanked: 505 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Idiot View Post
I am using the usb one under the armrest.

Have usually stayed away from the 12V , since I feel the add-on s don't send the proper current, (just a feeling) apart from them being bulky..
I didnt face any issue in using the 12 V socket. In fact it used to power two phones (MotoG and K3 note) and my dash cam without any issues on my swift. Worked like a charm. In fact Maruti does sell one of those car chargers made by Tom Tom which i have and didnt face any issues till date (Touch wood). The USB can even read a 1TB hard disk as reported by Tbhpian Mi10.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:21   #3767
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,373
Thanked: 9,807 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Idiot View Post
I am using the usb one under the armrest.
I'm sorry but the USB port that is located in the armrest storage cubicle is for ICE to read from pen drive for playing songs. It isn't for charging the mobile.

If you are looking for charging, then get a car charger and put it into the 12V socket. That will do the needful. I am using Tom Tom charger (has 2 USB ports and one 12V socket). Been working like a charm since 5 years. Charges my mobile from 5% to 100% in just over an hour.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 17:30   #3768
BHPian
 
cjsarora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 42
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodest View Post
T All you need to do is connect the iPhone to the head unit using the lightning to USB connector. Immediately you will see 'CarPlay' on the iPhone screen and 'Apple Car Play' in the fourth quadrant on the touch screen unit.
@TheGoodest: Can you please guide as how to connect the iphone to the head unit. Maybe a step by step pictorial.....That would be great help.
Thanks in advance
cjsarora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 07:07   #3769
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 97
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

You just need to physically connect iPhone to USB port under arm rest. Once connected, it will prompt for siri activation and security access. Once both are set, you will see selected apps on screen.
prasanna_indaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 08:59   #3770
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Goa
Posts: 25
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsarora View Post
@TheGoodest: Can you please guide as how to connect the iphone to the head unit. Maybe a step by step pictorial.....That would be great help.
Thanks in advance
Its very simple. Just like prasanna_indaje mentioned. You can also watch some videos of how CarPlay works on Baleno and S-Cross on youtube. I tried it after looking that those videos.

My first service is due on 26 March (which is just under a month) and I believe the odo will be just under 700 kms. Should I go for the first servicing on that date? I'm thinking that I will wait another week and do the servicing as the odo will be 1000 kms by then. Is it worth waiting or better to do it immediately? Also do I have to change the engine oil after the 1000 kms? The oil was topped up recently (11 March 2016) after the oil leak incident. The odo reading was 57 kms then.
TheGoodest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 09:45   #3771
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,767
Thanked: 10,659 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodest View Post
My first service is due on 26 March (which is just under a month) and I believe the odo will be just under 700 kms. Should I go for the first servicing on that date? I'm thinking that I will wait another week and do the servicing as the odo will be 1000 kms by then. Is it worth waiting or better to do it immediately? Also do I have to change the engine oil after the 1000 kms? The oil was topped up recently (11 March 2016) after the oil leak incident. The odo reading was 57 kms then.
Suggest to stick to the scheduled date for the first service.
Oil change is not needed at 1000 km, rather do it at 5k km though the recommendation is at 10k km.
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 15:01   #3772
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 61
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Maruti offers compensation to S-Cross early buyers.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/51536835.cms
Respect ! This must be an industry first. Only if ford could take a hint.
spookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2016, 15:02   #3773
BHPian
 
shivasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poona
Posts: 105
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I finally took the plunge and finalized the 1.6 2015 Alpha under 14L (I cannot give you the exact price at this moment).
I am also looking to upsize the tyres and alloys.
Alloys to 17''. Looking for top end like OZ, MOMO, Lenzo.
Tyres to Michelin Primacy 3T. Can the experienced members please help answer the below:
1. Is up-sizing to 225/50 R17 be fine? OR should I go for 215/55 R17?
2. I am looking for good road grip and braking, road presence is secondary.
3. Alloy shops in Pune. I have contacted a few. Plan to visit Poona Motors tomorrow.
shivasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2016, 15:57   #3774
BHPian
 
Sree73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 382
Thanked: 379 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
1. Is up-sizing to 225/50 R17 be fine? OR should I go for 215/55 R17?
If you go by 215/55 R17, the speedo error will be ~2.3% on the higher side.
But, if 225/50 R17 is used, the speedo error will be negligible (0.8% on positive side).
You can go with 225/50 R17. Already some members here have done the upsize to 225/50 R17.
Sree73 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2016, 16:18   #3775
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: BLR, DMM, TRV
Posts: 85
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
1. Is up-sizing to 225/50 R17 be fine? OR should I go for 215/55 R17?
Congrats for the purchase of 1.6 :thumbup: . Among your choices, 225/50 R17 is the right upgrade with minimal change in overall dia of 0.7% , with 225/55R17, the overall dia will go up by 4%, which is not a recommended practice.
lovetorque is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2016, 17:48   #3776
BHPian
 
shivasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poona
Posts: 105
Thanked: 120 Times
Question Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
If you go by 215/55 R17, the speedo error will be ~2.3% on the higher side.
But, if 225/50 R17 is used, the speedo error will be negligible (0.8% on positive side).
You can go with 225/50 R17. Already some members here have done the upsize to 225/50 R17.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
Congrats for the purchase of 1.6 :thumbup: . Among your choices, 225/50 R17 is the right upgrade with minimal change in overall dia of 0.7% , with 225/55R17, the overall dia will go up by 4%, which is not a recommended practice.
Thank you guys . I will inquire locally now. Michelin Primacy 3 ST shows to be 13.5K on tyres.cardekho.com/! Wow, those are expensive.
I will be visiting few local shops over the weekend to get quotes. If they quote similar, I think its expensive. Better to stick to the stock size.
shivasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2016, 19:47   #3777
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 166
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hi,

Got 3M CR70 for the front windshield of my car along with Nomad mats. Went for beige as black was not at all seen inside. Total loss = 12k (with foam wash)

Had lots of hard water marks on the windshield and thought 3M will take care of it. But nothing changed. So, thought of making use of the Good Friday and DIY.

2 hours of time + harpic + bucket of Cauvery water + used toothbrush = Clean windshield.

Here are the results

Before



and after,


Girish
girishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2016, 20:18   #3778
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,353
Thanked: 959 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
2. I am looking for good road grip and braking, road presence is secondary.
.
Shivasi congrats for the car.

Just wanted to ask if road presence is a secondary requirement, why do you want 225 / 17" wheels ?

Stock wheel size provides sufficient road grip and braking.

Last edited by kpzen : 25th March 2016 at 20:22.
kpzen is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2016, 08:34   #3779
BHPian
 
shivasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poona
Posts: 105
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Shivasi congrats for the car.

Just wanted to ask if road presence is a secondary requirement, why do you want 225 / 17" wheels ?

Stock wheel size provides sufficient road grip and braking.
Thank you.
I read in the earlier posts that the 1.6 cries for 225 rubber. Also the international version comes with 17" wheels. That is why.
But now I will evaluate the total cost of 16" and 17" configuration.
shivasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2016, 09:45   #3780
BHPian
 
Sree73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 382
Thanked: 379 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Thank you.
I read in the earlier posts that the 1.6 cries for 225 rubber. Also the international version comes with 17" wheels. That is why.
But now I will evaluate the total cost of 16" and 17" configuration.
Size of the tyre is more than adequate for the car. People are mainly changing because of the mediocre look of the alloys and a very noisy tyre.

When the decision to change is taken, they look for higher size which is justifiable. Otherwise, the tyres size of 205/60 R16 perfectly OK for this car.

Has any one here tried for dual tone colour modification for S-Cross? Would like to see how does it changes the character of the car.

Last edited by Sree73 : 26th March 2016 at 10:03.
Sree73 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38) .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1220 25th July 2015 11:33
Fiat Avventura vs VW Cross Polo vs Toyota Etios Cross vs Ford EcoSport a4anurag Hatchbacks 14 16th July 2015 10:22
CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio devarshi84 What Car? 19 4th December 2014 03:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks