Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2016, 14:20   #3976
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,424
Thanked: 2,170 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I finally booked 1.3 Zeta today in premium silver colour. I should get the delivery in 2 weeks. 2015 1.6 delta was available with 70k discount along with new reduced price. I couldn't convince my dad for it. Heart always say 1.6,but couldn't help. I would have got delta 1.6 at same price as 1.3 zeta.

Maruti has silently tweaked S cross and baleno. New stocks get slight change in shade of alloys and S cross is updated with Apple car play. Also, RM said there was fine tuning of 1.3 engine and lag is reduced now. I am posting the pics of alloys in old and new S cross.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160413_123514.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160413_123018.jpg  


Last edited by Dr.Naren : 13th April 2016 at 14:22.
Dr.Naren is online now   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 14:27   #3977
AYP
BHPian
 
AYP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 185
Thanked: 230 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I finally booked 1.3 Zeta today in premium silver colour. I should get the delivery in 2 weeks. 2015 1.6 delta was available with 70k discount along with new reduced price. I couldn't convince my dad for it. Heart always say 1.6,but couldn't help. I would have got delta 1.6 at same price as 1.3 zeta.
If you don't mind me asking, why didn't he agree for the 1.6 Delta? Is the usage going to be specifically in the city only? Or was it the extra features?
AYP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 14:32   #3978
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,492
Thanked: 1,509 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post

I finally booked 1.3 Zeta today in premium silver colour. I should get the delivery in 2 weeks.
Congrats Dr.Naren on your booking and as you have mentioned, you should have at least tried confusing your dad for the 1.6, as convincing failed!!

That 1.6 is really the cheapest 'Thrill Inducing' crossover currently and the crazy discounts being offered only makes its all the more desirable.


Quote:
I am posting the pics of alloys in old and new S cross.
This again is a rip off of Fiat's idea in which they did the exact same thing on the 2013-14 Punto Lineup

I think Maruti must really consider changing those dumb looking alloy design rather than offering such pointless changes.

Just for that 1.6 DDIS heart, Maruti MUST give a better looking rims.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 13th April 2016 at 14:39.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 14:32   #3979
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,763
Thanked: 10,650 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
I would like to know your valuable opinion on S-cross.
When compared to the Baleno here is my take on the S cross,

Build quality
- S Cross is miles ahead in its build ( You can check in Nexa)

Performance
- Handling and stability are the USP's of this Crossover

Interiors quality
- Again beats the Baleno ( You check in Nexa)

Service experience at Nexa and regular Maruti showrooms for these nexa cars
- aleady replied on this,

Kitna Deti Hai (S-cross mileage will be very low )
- This depends on your driving, traffic condition, etc. - For my driving style and conditions I get an average of 20+Km/l ( have clocked 7000+ km )

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th April 2016 at 14:33.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 14:34   #3980
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,424
Thanked: 2,170 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
If you don't mind me asking, why didn't he agree for the 1.6 Delta? Is the usage going to be specifically in the city only? Or was it the extra features?
He is concerned about long term maintenance. We drive our cars for at least 1.5 to 2 lakh kms and keep it for 7 years. Engine part costs of 1.6 is way higher than 1.6. Also maruti is not importing 1.6 engines now and 1.6 is built on order with engines imported couple of months back. I dont know what would be the fate of 1.6 once maruti plonks all the imported engines in stock. These are not my concerns and I would have happily bought 1.6 delta. Maruti will definitely provide the spares even if 1.6 is discontinued. But things don't work as we wish always.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 13th April 2016 at 14:36.
Dr.Naren is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 14:42   #3981
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 34
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I finally booked 1.3 Zeta today in premium silver colour. I should get the delivery in 2 weeks.
Congrats buddy !!
Probably the best combination of Baleno and Scross, both in premium silver colour.
You have a mini NEXA showroom at your home !!

Can you please share discounts and in which dealership you booked?

Cheers !!
kashyapz8055 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 14:55   #3982
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,424
Thanked: 2,170 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyapz8055 View Post
Congrats buddy !!
Probably the best combination of Baleno and Scross, both in premium silver colour.
You have a mini NEXA showroom at your home !!

Can you please share discounts and in which dealership you booked?

Cheers !!
I wanted to book granite grey S cross. But when I saw both silver and grey together, I felt silver goes well with S cross. I have booked at Mandovi Nexa and not yet confirmed about discounts. They said no discounts for 2016 models(both 1.3 & 1.6). Current cars at home are Baleno, SX4,Grand i10, Maruti 800 and HM ambassador. I should have got kwid by now but delayed due to minor issues. I will sell grand i10 and make space for my new beast-S cross
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 15:08   #3983
BHPian
 
TRANSAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 548
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

The alloys on the limited edition Scross, are different from the regular version of this car. There are a few cars up for grab at nexa, priced surprisingly lower than the regaular mid model of the scross, the difference is primarily the HU which is with the touch screen, whilst the limited edition one is without the touch screen.

if a customer would like to install the touch screen HU, the SA at nexa informed me that it would cost a whopping 75k or so.
TRANSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 15:10   #3984
BHPian
 
sri_tesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 40
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
When compared to the Baleno here is my take on the S cross,

Build quality
- S Cross is miles ahead in its build ( You can check in Nexa)

Performance
- Handling and stability are the USP's of this Crossover

Interiors quality
- Again beats the Baleno ( You check in Nexa)

Service experience at Nexa and regular Maruti showrooms for these nexa cars
- aleady replied on this,

Kitna Deti Hai (S-cross mileage will be very low )
- This depends on your driving, traffic condition, etc. - For my driving style and conditions I get an average of 20+Km/l ( have clocked 7000+ km )
Thank you Volkman10 for your reply.

Also, there is another option which is Dec 2015 model with around Rs 50,000 discount on 2016 model. Is it OK to go for the 2015 model? He is intended to keep it for long term.
sri_tesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 15:23   #3985
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,424
Thanked: 2,170 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
The alloys on the limited edition Scross, are different from the regular version of this car. There are a few cars up for grab at nexa, priced surprisingly lower than the regaular mid model of the scross, the difference is primarily the HU which is with the touch screen, whilst the limited edition one is without the touch screen.

if a customer would like to install the touch screen HU, the SA at nexa informed me that it would cost a whopping 75k or so.
Limited edition is basically a dealer modified delta variant. It is priced in between delta and zeta.
Cheers!
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 15:26   #3986
Senior - BHPian
 
romeomidhun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,376
Thanked: 1,393 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I finally booked 1.3 Zeta today in premium silver colour.
Congrats!

Didn't you sell off your Baleno as you mentioned earlier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I dont know what would be the fate of 1.6 once maruti plonks all the imported engines in stock.
They surely can import more 1.6s if the demand is surging. Or, if they really plan to launch the international Vitara here, they should manufacture the 1.6 engine here. I don't think Vitara will come with an imported 1.6 engine, as they might have learned a lesson from SCross 1.6.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 13th April 2016 at 15:39.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 15:29   #3987
BHPian
 
Sree73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 375
Thanked: 371 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
When compared to the Baleno here is my take on the S cross,

Build quality
- S Cross is miles ahead in its build ( You can check in Nexa)

Performance
- Handling and stability are the USP's of this Crossover

Kitna Deti Hai (S-cross mileage will be very low )
- This depends on your driving, traffic condition, etc. - For my driving style and conditions I get an average of 20+Km/l ( have clocked 7000+ km )
Travelled Bangalore Thrissur today in S-Cross. Did 506KMs (door-to-door) in 8 Hrs including a 35 Minutes break for breakfast. Wonderful handling and excellent stability. Started at 4:45AM reached home @12:45PM

The fuel economy for this trip stands at 23.4 KM/L, with full time AC @24 degC.

Wish you all a very happy Vishu !!!

Last edited by Sree73 : 13th April 2016 at 15:35.
Sree73 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 15:44   #3988
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,424
Thanked: 2,170 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Congrats!

Didn't you sell off your Baleno as you mentioned earlier?



They surely can import more 1.6s if the demand is surging. Or, if they really plan to launch the international Vitara here, they should manufacture the 1.6 engine here. I don't think Vitara will come with an imported 1.6 engine, as they might have learned a lesson from SCross 1.6.
No buddy. I have decided not to sell baleno. I have updated about the same in my ownership thread. I have no issues going for 1.6 but those were the points put forward by dad. There is a good chance of maruti localising 1.6 engine in 2017 when they launch Vitara. I am planning to sell my grand i10 but price quote was very less from Nexa.
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 19:36   #3989
BHPian
 
shivasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poona
Posts: 105
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Thank you Volkman10 for your reply.

Also, there is another option which is Dec 2015 model with around Rs 50,000 discount on 2016 model. Is it OK to go for the 2015 model? He is intended to keep it for long term.
I got a Sep-15 model 2 weeks back. Works perfectly. But make sure you check the car well and drive it for some distance. I took my mechanic to check the car before giving them the cheque.

50K for a 1.3? Which version? Note that the dealer got this before the pre-budget hike and shows you the post-budget price on which they apply a discount. Post the budget the price went up by approximately 40K. So he is basically giving you a 10K discount

I think 1L can be easily got on a 2015 S-Cross. I forced them to give more
shivasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 20:32   #3990
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 166
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Thank you Volkman10 for your reply.

Also, there is another option which is Dec 2015 model with around Rs 50,000 discount on 2016 model. Is it OK to go for the 2015 model? He is intended to keep it for long term.

I got a discount of Rs. 1.6l on the current price list for a 2015 model car last month. So bargain hard, you may get more as it is a last year model.

Girish
girishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38) .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1220 25th July 2015 11:33
Fiat Avventura vs VW Cross Polo vs Toyota Etios Cross vs Ford EcoSport a4anurag Hatchbacks 14 16th July 2015 10:22
CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio devarshi84 What Car? 19 4th December 2014 03:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks