Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2016, 22:28   #4306
AWD
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Drivers seat
Posts: 805
Thanked: 215 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I've tried all the 3 new offerings from Maruti; Baleno, Brezza & Scross. My initial reading about Scross was nothing great, blame a part of it on the pricing strategy Maruti adopted. Which was later corrected to some extent. Now after having tried all the 3, I can say that if one is in the market for a "Maruti", then Scross is the best offering amongst the 3. Brezza scores on looks, Baleno on features but its the Scross that offers the most car per car among the 3. Its much better built, has better quality inside-out.

Think of it with an open mind & from a different perspective, you'd see that its a better car overall.
AWD is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 07:35   #4307
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,817
Thanked: 10,745 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

In UK SX4 S- Cross is listed in the top 20 Most reliable 4x4s and SUVs 2016!

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 2059
Size:  83.0 KB


http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-new...-and-suvs-2016

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th May 2016 at 07:40.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 09:42   #4308
BHPian
 
Aston Singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 321
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

For those of you who are witnessing steering vibrations at high speeds, are you still running JK tyres with after market alloys or have you swapped the rubber as well? Is the steering vibration a result of switching to after market alloys? I am trying to understand the main reason behind this because I am sure no one would appreciate steering vibration on highways since it clearly spoils the whole fun of this brilliant machine and most importantly, it just does not inspire confidence.

Also, anyone here who frequently drives the S cross on Pune-Mumbai expressway? The expressway is not even close to being a smooth highway so I am just looking for a feedback on the ride/steering control since I have driven a lot on the expressway and it'll give me a clear idea of how the car really behaves on this particular surface.

Thanks in advance.
Aston Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 09:49   #4309
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Navsari
Posts: 62
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
For those of you who are witnessing steering vibrations at high speeds, are you still running JK tyres with after market alloys or have you swapped the rubber as well? Is the steering vibration a result of switching to after market alloys? I am trying to understand the main reason behind this because I am sure no one would appreciate steering vibration on highways since it clearly spoils the whole fun of this brilliant machine and most importantly, it just does not inspire confidence.

Also, anyone here who frequently drives the S cross on Pune-Mumbai expressway? The expressway is not even close to being a smooth highway so I am just looking for a feedback on the ride/steering control since I have driven a lot on the expressway and it'll give me a clear idea of how the car really behaves on this particular surface.

Thanks in advance.

As far as my experience goes with 1.3 S-Cross, at around 9K mark I was experiencing minor vibration at brake pedals on my highway runs, but all got sorted after 10K service and WA+WB.
I would suggest you to check:
1. Tyre pressure
2. Wheel alignment and balancing
3. Disc brakes/pads (if you are experiencing anything while braking)

Try driving the same speed at a good road (conditions provided). Sometimes roads are also to be blamed.
chintu_91 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 10:17   #4310
BHPian
 
sandygordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 457
Thanked: 865 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I have not experienced steering vibrations in the 1.3 even at very high speeds. I have gone in those speeds only a few times. Else my cruising speeds are between 80-100 kmph (2000-2200rpm range in Vth gear)
I think the JKs are to be blamed for the vibrations. The TD car in those tyres give vibrations even at 100kmph.

Last edited by ampere : 7th May 2016 at 22:06. Reason: Removed high speed references
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 10:21   #4311
BHPian
 
shivasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poona
Posts: 105
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
For those of you who are witnessing steering vibrations at high speeds, are you still running JK tyres with after market alloys or have you swapped the rubber as well? Is the steering vibration a result of switching to after market alloys? I am trying to understand the main reason behind this because I am sure no one would appreciate steering vibration on highways since it clearly spoils the whole fun of this brilliant machine and most importantly, it just does not inspire confidence.

Also, anyone here who frequently drives the S cross on Pune-Mumbai expressway? The expressway is not even close to being a smooth highway so I am just looking for a feedback on the ride/steering control since I have driven a lot on the expressway and it'll give me a clear idea of how the car really behaves on this particular surface.

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
As far as my experience goes with 1.3 S-Cross, at around 9K mark I was experiencing minor vibration at brake pedals on my highway runs, but all got sorted after 10K service and WA+WB.
I would suggest you to check:
1. Tyre pressure
2. Wheel alignment and balancing
3. Disc brakes/pads (if you are experiencing anything while braking)

Try driving the same speed at a good road (conditions provided). Sometimes roads are also to be blamed.
I just did a 900km Pune-Goa run on my 1.6. I have upgraded the tyres to 225/50 R17 and the alloys to Lenzos. Have wheels balanced and aligned with hub rings fitted.
I did NOT have any steering vibrations over 120 kmph. The clutch vibration has been reported in this forum and I experience the same. But I think it is a non issue.
Otherwise the 1.6 was a pleasure to drive. I was easily keeping company with D+ segment cars/SUV. Engine+braking combo inspire confidence to do such speeds on the highway.
shivasi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 10:27   #4312
BHPian
 
shivasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poona
Posts: 105
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Thanks for all the responses
I am logging off the forum for a while and am going to td the 1.6 and the remapped 1.3 back to back. I feel that I need some time to decide on the upgrade.
Think he is hooked OT, but didn't we do this when we feel in love with a girl who we could not get? We isolated ourself from all things that reminded us of her (Orkut, FB, friends).
shivasi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 10:32   #4313
BHPian
 
Aston Singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 321
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
As far as my experience goes with 1.3 S-Cross, at around 9K mark I was experiencing minor vibration at brake pedals on my highway runs, but all got sorted after 10K service and WA+WB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
I have not experienced steering vibrations in the 1.3 even at 140kmph. I have gone in those speeds only a few times. Else my cruising speeds are between 80-100 kmph (2000-2200rpm range in Vth gear)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
I just did a 900km Pune-Goa run on my 1.6. I have upgraded the tyres to 225/50 R17 and the alloys to Lenzos. Have wheels balanced and aligned with hub rings fitted.

Thank you guys for your feedback. I don't own the S-cross, at least as of now, but it's definitely a top contender in my next car upgrade list.
Aston Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 15:10   #4314
Newbie
 
STORM_REGALION's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 22
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Thank you everyone on this thread as well as all the people who have posted their impressions on the S-cross. All of your actions and reviews have helped me make the decision on buying my new car.

S-CROSS 1.6 ALPHA Granite Grey

I've a SX4 (2007) and I love that car. Selling it would not have fetched more than 2.5L (that too being optimistic). It gives an avg. of 7-9 km/l(petrol) but still drives like hell and the steering is lovely. So decided not to sell it.

Thus buying a new Sedan felt redundant and not like an upgrade. So started searching the market for something else. S-cross was not even on my radar before that. I've only seen it on road twice or thrice before that.

Finally came to Creta and decided to check it out. It looked pretty good but the top spec model was on expensive side and goes into Jetta's territory (I love Jetta but cant afford it yet, maybe in another 4 years). I had a budget of 15L.

It was only after I got myself into the 'Crossover/SUV-ish' vehicle territory that I came across S-cross.

I have done 'decent' TD on S-cross, Creta, Duster, Ecosport.
In the end it came down to Creta vs S-cross.
And I found S-cross to be the best of the lot.

For me what got me hooked to the car was :

1. The 1.6L engine. It works supremely well and refined till 1800rpm. Enough for everyday city needs.
But once you cross that limit the engine truly wakes up, the Torque surge pulls you to the moon and You get pinned to your seat. It really took me by surprise the first time and I was grinning like an idiot. I went for S-cross TD thrice and the effect was still there. Somewhere along that 1st test drive itself my mind was made.
Its THRILLING ! (After this I knew there was no point in getting a car with a smaller incomparable engine. After all I beat Dusters, Ecosports and Cretas everyday on my way to college.)

2. Superb INTERIOR Quality. Its refreshing from any other Maruti. Way better than my old SX4. Infact it even beats the expensive Creta in this department in my opinion.

3. PRICE. After the price cut (which happened even before I started hunting for the car) the top spec Alpha 1.6L S-cross fell right into my budget without even bargaining. This made S-cross an extremely attractive option for me.

4. In the time I've spent with S-cross, I can say that the car felt planted all along. The RIDE QUALITY and HANDLING are both VERY GOOD in this car. It doesnt feel like a compromise in either department. Like many before me I'll agree that the car feels more Europian than Japanese.

My views on the car will only get more reinforced after I get the car and start driving it everyday.
Till than I would like to say Thank you to everyone here.
This thread has been a major contributor for my decision.

In the same way, I hope my impressions on the car can also help someone who's asking the same questions that I once did.

Excited and Happy, I'll be collecting the car next week.
STORM_REGALION is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 15:26   #4315
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,483
Thanked: 2,223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM_REGALION View Post
Thank you everyone on this thread as well as all the people who have posted their impressions on the S-cross. All of your actions and reviews have helped me make the decision on buying my new car.

S-CROSS 1.6 ALPHA Granite Grey

I've a SX4 (2007) and I love that car. Selling it would not have fetched more than 2.5L (that too being optimistic). It gives an avg. of 7-9 km/l(petrol) but still drives like hell and the steering is lovely. So decided not to sell it.

Excited and Happy, I'll be collecting the car next week.
Congrats buddy! I too own SX4 and booked S cross 1.6 in same colour. I am being impatient to get the car. Dealer is not giving even tentative date. When did you book? Any discounts offered?
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 16:28   #4316
Newbie
 
STORM_REGALION's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 22
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Congrats buddy! I too own SX4 and booked S cross 1.6 in same colour. I am being impatient to get the car. Dealer is not giving even tentative date. When did you book? Any discounts offered?
Hello. I am also a MBBS Student.

Somebody earlier said that the Dealers get allotted a certain set of cars. That might just be true. The NEXA RM (Relationship Manager) showed me such a page. Can't confirm it though.

Thankfully for me, there was an ALPHA 1.6 Granite Grey (just one). So I didn't have to compromise on anything. Neither the engine, nor the trim. Even the colour I wanted was available.
So Yes, It was pretty bang on for me.
And the car was already in transit.

Being in medicine I have developed skills (out of necessity) to make a good rapport with people.
I got the car 'blocked' even before I booked it (there was just one left after-all).

After I got a 'Go' from Home, I booked it (around 2 weeks back).

Speaking of Discounts, If you buy a car which the dealer already has (i.e. belongs to that assigned set to that dealer ), then push for discounts and you will get it.

This was my first car buying experience. And I did everything from start to end.
My bargaining skills aren't good and I still got a 'decent' discount with few accessories thrown in. Experienced/Veterans would be much better than me at this. But the car was already well under budget for me so there was no impending need for it. I still tried my level best.

However, If you buy a 'New' Car (with a combination that the dealer doesn't have), then there will be a 45 day waiting period and No discount.
This car will be manufactured to your preference by Maruti. (This could be your case.)

All the above information is what I've observed/told to me/ gathered from all the visits and interaction with the NEXA RM and Head-Manager.

My car is already ready. The only thing left is Registration.
Once that happens, I'll collect it the next day.

Even I'm impatiently waiting for it.
This will be my first New Car.
STORM_REGALION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 16:42   #4317
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,483
Thanked: 2,223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM_REGALION View Post
Hello. I am also a MBBS Student.

Somebody earlier said that the Dealers get allotted a certain set of cars. That might just be true. The NEXA RM (Relationship Manager) showed me such a page. Can't confirm it though.

Thankfully for me, there was an ALPHA 1.6 Granite Grey (just one). So I didn't have to compromise on anything. Neither the engine, nor the trim. Even the colour I wanted was available.
So Yes, It was pretty bang on for me.
And the car was already in transit.

Being in medicine I have developed skills (out of necessity) to make a good rapport with people.
I got the car 'blocked' even before I booked it (there was just one left after-all).

After I got a 'Go' from Home, I booked it (around 2 weeks back).

Speaking of Discounts, If you buy a car which the dealer already has (i.e. belongs to that assigned set to that dealer ), then push for discounts and you will get it.

This was my first car buying experience. And I did everything from start to end.
My bargaining skills aren't good and I still got a 'decent' discount with few accessories thrown in. Experienced/Veterans would be much better than me at this. But the car was already well under budget for me so there was no impending need for it. I still tried my level best.

However, If you buy a 'New' Car (with a combination that the dealer doesn't have), then there will be a 45 day waiting period and No discount.
This car will be manufactured to your preference by Maruti. (This could be your case.)

All the above information is what I've observed/told to me/ gathered from all the visits and interaction with the NEXA RM and Head-Manager.

My car is already ready. The only thing left is Registration.
Once that happens, I'll collect it the next day.

Even I'm impatiently waiting for it.
This will be my first New Car.
You are right buddy! Now my dealer has placed an order for 1.6 S cross. Maruti has imported around 4500 1.6 engines from Italy till December 2015 and no fresh imports in 2016. I see sudden surge in demand for 1.6 after price drop and Maruti is still not importing new engines which is bothering me.
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 18:34   #4318
Sip
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: HR 06
Posts: 96
Thanked: 76 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
You are right buddy! Now my dealer has placed an order for 1.6 S cross. Maruti has imported around 4500 1.6 engines from Italy till December 2015 and no fresh imports in 2016. I see sudden surge in demand for 1.6 after price drop and Maruti is still not importing new engines which is bothering me.
As per PASCO MG Road Gurgaon, they are not taking booking for 1.6 Delta and Zeta. You said it right that last consignment of engines was dated 17 Dec 15 and total import were appx 4500 only.

It is not clear if it is being imported by CKD or otherwise. But those booked 1.6 may feel concerned with this. When we analyse in detail stock of 1.6 engine seems exhausted
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 18:59   #4319
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,483
Thanked: 2,223 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
As per PASCO MG Road Gurgaon, they are not taking booking for 1.6 Delta and Zeta. You said it right that last consignment of engines was dated 17 Dec 15 and total import were appx 4500 only.

It is not clear if it is being imported by CKD or otherwise. But those booked 1.6 may feel concerned with this. When we analyse in detail stock of 1.6 engine seems exhausted
Same concern buddy!! Bank has transfered the amount and I don't want a shocking news like all imported 1.6 engines are exhausted and delivery delayed

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20160505191110_com.android.chrome.png

I guess these are ECU imported for 1.6 S cross from Italy. It is also around 4500 units and last import was in December 2015. There was an article in autocar professional claiming 24k total sales for S cross till April 2016. They had also mentioned that 30 percent sales were 1.6 S cross which is ~7200 units. How could Maruti sell 7.2k 1.6 S cross with only 4.5k engines imported? Only possibility is they have started CKD import/autocar article is wrong. I wish for the former.

http://www.autocarpro.in/news-national/maruti-cross-sales-cross-units-september-2015-11019

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 5th May 2016 at 19:23.
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 19:36   #4320
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 20
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by
I guess these are ECU imported for 1.6 S cross from Italy. It is also around 4500 units and last import was in December 2015. There was an article in autocar professional claiming 24k total sales for S cross till April 2016. They had also mentioned that 30 percent sales were 1.6 S cross which is ~7200 units. How could Maruti sell 7.2k 1.6 S cross with only 4.5k engines imported? Only possibility is they have started CKD import/autocar article is wrong. I wish for the former.

[url
http://www.autocarpro.in/news-national/maruti-cross-sales-cross-units-september-2015-11019[/url]
Hi Dr, I check this with my Nexa RM and I was told that currently Maruti is making 1.6 Engines locally and this is one of the main reason for price cut which happened earlier this year.

Hope Maruti will incoperate this 1.6 across other variants. That's the only way to keep this 1.6 alive
pdeep4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38) .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1220 25th July 2015 11:33
Fiat Avventura vs VW Cross Polo vs Toyota Etios Cross vs Ford EcoSport a4anurag Hatchbacks 14 16th July 2015 10:22
CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio devarshi84 What Car? 19 4th December 2014 03:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks