Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 19th May 2016, 06:45   #4591
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHarPree View Post
Well my dear friend, I am one of the many who was hell bent on buying the cover when I brought the car home the first time, the fit wasn't perfect and the name S CROSS was written clumsily.

Going was okay till the heavens opened up to my utter dismay, leaving my pristine white hunk stained with the cover's inside colour! !
The cover is of very inferior quality, the colour runs and bleeds and my call to the concerned representative of NEXA ended with an empty promise to replace it after a conversation with the accessories team (guess that would never happen). I am sad to say that you haven't missed out on anything great or worthy. The floor mats that were supposed to be fitted before delivery is still on the camel's back.

I had been handed over the car on the 6th of May and am patiently waiting for it with all my calls regarding the same concern, the RM only buying time from me. Patience is a virtue indeed!
Why not just surf Amazon, PAYTM and the other web commerce sites to find a suitable cover?
I did and it works perfectly. Cost only some 2000 Rupees...
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 07:08   #4592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Now Suzuki accepts that it cheated about fuel economy figures. Is SCross affected due to this or not is not clear.
Suzuki issued a statement on the same, also the issue is likely to have little bearing in India as mileage data disclosed for our market is not the manufacturer claimed figure but efficiency as certified by ARAI after conducting laboratory tests set to a prescribed Indian driving cycle.

Quote:
The above issues do not apply to products sold under Suzuki badge outside Japan.
and also in Japan,

Quote:
In the course of the investigation, we measured actual data through the coasting test in addition to the data already obtained by the time of application for certificate through the coasting test. As the result of verification of all certified fuel efficiency value with these actual data through the coasting test, all certified values remained within the range of measurement deviation.
Therefore, we consider it not necessary to amend the driving resistance value applied, nor the fuel efficiency value measured using the driving resistance value.
http://www.globalsuzuki.com/globalnews/2016/0518.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th May 2016 at 07:12.
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 09:44   #4593
BHPian

Cross-posting from the Ciaz forum.
Don't you guys think it's time for Maruti to introduce SHVS in the S-Cross now especially with the new round of tax breaks? The car price would come down by about 100k and would be extreme VFM. Hopefully they can plonk in a auto box as well which would make the 1.6 Alpha Auto an amazing option!
avdhesh15 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 11:02   #4594
Senior - BHPian

Unassuming Exterior and Mind Boggling performance - S-cross DDIS320

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-kps_5758tb.jpg
kpzen is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 16:52   #4595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Why not just surf Amazon, PAYTM and the other web commerce sites to find a suitable cover?
I did and it works perfectly. Cost only some 2000 Rupees...
My RM insisted on including the basic accessories package even when I was not happy with it.
The package included floor mats, car cover, mud flaps, number plates and car care kit. Package cost - Rs.6000/-.

I have returned the car cover to Nexa Ambattur and taken the car to Khivraj motors, guindy.

They are trying to buff it up and polish it to remove the stains and I am still waiting in the lounge. Keeping my fingers crossed.
BenHarPree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 17:04   #4596
Sip
BHPian

Further to avdhesh15 at #4593

Recently there was a news item quoting Mr CV Raman that more hybrids are on the way! There seems a possibility for S-cross getting benefits of SHVS. Imagine S-cross sales after price cuts in that case !

Last edited by Sip : 19th May 2016 at 17:08. Reason: Addition of more points
Sip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 17:44   #4597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Honestly, the 1.3 is perfect for Bombay traffic, and given you will have luggage on your road trips (for a family of 4), the boot space of the S-Cross may fall short if it is your primary vehicle.
BUT - given you're based in Mumbai, a lot depends on your commute. For normal WEH driving, the 1.3 is perfect. For the EEH & Panvel highway, the 1.6 would be more fun to be behind the wheels of.
Thanks everyone!
Dr. Naren, searacer932, chetan_rao , lamborghini appreciate your thoughts!

She is a freelance consultant so her travelling is all across the city. I on the other hand work in Nariman Point and stay in Bhakti Park. For non-Mumbaikars, this means i use the freeway, a 10 km flyover with no bikes and trucks allowed

I am yet to decide on the path forward but thanks to your advice, the S-Cross is definitely shelved for now.

Will keep the forum updated on the vehicle choice, as and when it happens
us.dash is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 17:53   #4598
Senior - BHPian

Posting few pics of S-Cross with Baleno(Nexa mate) & SX4 (Big brother )
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160518wa0007.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160518wa0006.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 19:15   #4599
Senior - BHPian

Source: http://www.indiainfoline.com/article...1901060_1.html

"Maruti Suzuki to inspect suspected fault in 20,427 S-Cross vehicles ...

Maruti Suzuki said the inspection and brake replacement of S-Cross units made between April 20, 2015 to February 12, 2016 will be done free of cost."

Is anyone affected?
romeomidhun is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 19:32   #4600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
ade between April 20, 2015 to February 12, 2016 will be done free of cost."

Is anyone affected?
All Owners from the 2015 batch till early 2016 will be affected. Yes I have a notification on my S Cross.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1601
Size:  43.7 KB
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 20:27   #4601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
All Owners from the 2015 batch till early 2016 will be affected. Yes I have a notification on my S Cross.
I also checked. Got the same message that the vehicle needs attention. It was obvious as my vehicle is manufactured in August 2015

Last edited by Sree73 : 19th May 2016 at 20:29.
Sree73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 21:09   #4602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Attachment 1508775
Where did you get the notification. I just logged into NEXA for some other reason by chance today, but saw no notice
girishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 21:17   #4603
BANNED

I haven't received any notification so far. Wondering whether this notice is for all models or just for 1.3.
lovetorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 21:20   #4604
BHPian

Guys, related thread here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ty-brakes.html (Maruti Suzuki recalls 20,427 units of S-Cross over faulty brakes)

Recall is for 1.3 as well as 1.6.
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 21:23   #4605
BHPian

I have submitted my car for 2nd free service today at sai service Borivali. They also diagnosed the black smoke issue successfully again( as rakesh suggested air filter and intercooler cleaned) They told me they can solve the problem temporarily buy washing exhaust but for permanent solution they diagnosed it fully.Also scross uses different type of air filter compared to other maruti cars. The one in scross have some cushioning on the opposite side to keep turbo cool. Which also results in more dust on that cushioning part and needs clean after every 1k Kilometers for better results. As i stay next to service centre i spent my most of the time along with them
They also have all india whatsapp group for 1.6 engine discussions and solutions.
They washed my car and just when i reached there to collect it maruti released some internal statement (they shown me the mail and letter) to them to replace rear brake callipers Assembly in all 1.6 SCross for better safety.i guess they have more powerful callipers in front compared to rear. They asked me to wait till they check the parts availability. Luckily they had that part in stock. They have asked me to collect the car in afternoon tomorrow as replacement work is time consuming. Will update here with more details tomorrow once i receive my car.
I am already happy with braking power though
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1463672694131.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1463672670927.jpg  

sahiltodankar is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote