Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2016, 11:13   #4621
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,763
Thanked: 1,291 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

My SCross does not need attention, says Maruti. Mine is Oct 2015 manufactured 1.3, so I wonder why not ?

Name:  Recall.jpg
Views: 2247
Size:  32.9 KB
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 11:25   #4622
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,330
Thanked: 3,983 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Sahil,

What was happening here ?

Attachment 1508987
It looks like fuel injector testing. If injector is stuck at open position, extra fuel would be injected resulting in black smoke.
Dr.Naren is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 11:33   #4623
BHPian
 
sou_3749's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 96
Thanked: 154 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Am I doing something wrong here? Mine is a Jul 15 make and throws this error.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-recall.png  

sou_3749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 12:12   #4624
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 102
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
It looks like fuel injector testing. If injector is stuck at open position, extra fuel would be injected resulting in black smoke.
Dr naren is absolutely spot on.its fuel injecter testing. If all four injecters providing equal amount of fuel then nothing to worry. In my case there is no issue with fuel injecters.

Last edited by sahiltodankar : 20th May 2016 at 12:13.
sahiltodankar is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 12:28   #4625
BHPian
 
CaliforniaKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: IND + DXB
Posts: 937
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Sahil,

What was happening here ?

Attachment 1508987
Is that where the solenoid valve for the Engine is located?
I have been told there could be a solenoid valve check on some S cross 1.6 vehicles.You will have the check engine (logo)next to the tachometer,comes and goes and vice versa.
Has anyone heard about this,nothing to panic though.
CaliforniaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 12:29   #4626
BHPian
 
Sree73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 566
Thanked: 639 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
My SCross does not need attention, says Maruti. Mine is Oct 2015 manufactured 1.3, so I wonder why not ?

Attachment 1508988
Ajay, It's quite surprising that your car is not listed out for attention. I just called SA and he informed me that all S-Cross till Feb 2016 needs attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
Am I doing something wrong here? Mine is a Jul 15 make and throws this error.
Sou_3749,
It seems you entered the Number wrong. I feel it's "1" before "S00". It appears to me that you have entered "I". Also, hope you have entered the actual characters in place of XXXXXs you have mentioned.

Last edited by Sree73 : 20th May 2016 at 12:32.
Sree73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 12:35   #4627
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Info from SA,

Recall is initiated due to a few reported cases of sweating observed near the caliper- rear brakes ( piston seal?).
In order to contain this, the service campaign is initiated and seems the caliper/ parts will be checked and replaced if needed.
Anyone has any info on what kind of impact this has on the car? Does this impact the performance of the brakes or any other parts of the car?

I checked on the Nexa site and I see that my S-Cross also needs attention.
SafeDrive0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 14:08   #4628
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,763
Thanked: 1,291 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
My SCross does not need attention, says Maruti. Mine is Oct 2015 manufactured 1.3, so I wonder why not ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Ajay, It's quite surprising that your car is not listed out for attention. I just called SA and he informed me that all S-Cross till Feb 2016 needs attention.
No wonder. I entered wrong number.

I have got today's 5 PM appointment for the job. They need about 1.5 to 2 hours to replace the affected part.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 14:14   #4629
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 102
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
Is that where the solenoid valve for the Engine is located?
I have been told there could be a solenoid valve check on some S cross 1.6 vehicles.You will have the check engine (logo)next to the tachometer,comes and goes and vice versa.
Has anyone heard about this,nothing to panic though.
Never heard anything like this from my SA.
Also yesterday Maruti sent replacement parts first to service centres then announced recall
I am desperately waiting for Android Auto Update. Watching all those videos online about Android auto update i am not able to wait now
sahiltodankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 17:08   #4630
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,763
Thanked: 1,291 Times
Default

My scross is on the floor. So you do get special treatment which i have never experienced in last 7 years of car ownership of all our cars.

The car is on the dedicated Nexa bay and the part is ready to be fit.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 19:20   #4631
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,476
Thanked: 1,341 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
No wonder. I entered wrong number.

I have got today's 5 PM appointment for the job. They need about 1.5 to 2 hours to replace the affected part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
My scross is on the floor. So you do get special treatment which i have never experienced in last 7 years of car ownership of all our cars.

The car is on the dedicated Nexa bay and the part is ready to be fit.
That's quick from Maruti.

Do keep us posted with the details.
kpzen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 19:34   #4632
BHPian
 
shivasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poona
Posts: 108
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
My scross is on the floor.
Hi Ajay- Which service center is this? Kothari, Chinchwad told me the parts will take 2-3 days to arrive. As I am driving to Goa next week, I want this fix done immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
They also have all india whatsapp group for 1.6 engine discussions and solutions.
Sahil- Is this a customer discussion group or just for Maruti service personnel?
shivasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 22:48   #4633
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 102
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post

Sahil- Is this a customer discussion group or just for Maruti service personnel?
Just for service personnel .1.6 being new engine every problem is new for them. So they discuss everything over there. This people have very little knowledge about new engine now
sahiltodankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 22:54   #4634
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,763
Thanked: 1,291 Times
Default

Sorry for delayed response.

The team at Sai Service Hinjewadi did the job pretty well. I reached the workshop at 5 pm sharp and I got the car back at 6:30 PM sharp as promised.

They showed what part is going to be replaced and also showed the new part. Mr Sanjeev who is Pune area service manager had already informed the staff of my arrival. So no time was wasted and things moved quickly.

First they removed the old brake cylinders of rear wheels. Then they put the new part in place. Bleeded both front and rear brakes properly. The service in-charge went on a rather harsh test drive to check brake performance. All seemed ok and i was out.

The part costs 56xx/- INR otherwise. I signed the receipt and was about to leave. But the service in-charge stopped and got the car washed, FOC.

Overall a thorough professional job and no one had to be told anything. Kudos to Maruti and Sai Service team.

I will try to upload some pictures tomorrow. Cheers!
Before

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-before.jpg

After

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-after.jpg

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 20th May 2016 at 23:10.
ajay_satpute is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 22:59   #4635
BHPian
 
Sree73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 566
Thanked: 639 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Sorry for delayed response.

The team at Sai Service Hinjewadi did the job pretty well. I reached the workshop at 5 pm sharp and I got the car back at 6:30 PM sharp as promised.

They showed what part is going to be replaced and also showed the new part. Mr Sanjeev who is Pune area service manager had already informed the staff of my arrival. So no time was wasted and things moved quickly.

First they removed the old brake cylinders of rear wheels. Then they put the new part in place. Bleeded both front and rear brakes properly. The service in-charge went on a rather harsh test drive to check brake performance. All seemed ok and i was out.

The part costs 56xx/- INR otherwise. I signed the receipt and was about to leave. But the service in-charge stopped and got the car washed, FOC.

Overall a thorough professional job and no one had to be told anything. Kudos to Maruti and Sai Service team.

I will try to upload some pictures tomorrow. Cheers!
Good to note that you had a pleasant service experience. So, break cylinders are the part being replaced?
Sree73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38) .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1220 25th July 2015 11:33
Fiat Avventura vs VW Cross Polo vs Toyota Etios Cross vs Ford EcoSport a4anurag Hatchbacks 14 16th July 2015 10:22
CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio devarshi84 What Car? 19 4th December 2014 03:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks