Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2016, 14:33   #4696
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,733
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Advice Required :

How to mirror android phone? I tried with Xiomi MI4 and Sony Xperia Z1, both failed. I am able to connect via bluetooth and stream music/receive calls.
Till date I have not been able to do it too. I have tried S6 Edge with Marshmellow OS and Note 5 too. None worked. The display shows phone is connected, but after that nothing. Unfortunately, neither RM nor service guys know anything about this.

This link has good info, but it never worked for me. http://www.pcquest.com/review/maruti...inment-system/

Check here if your phone is compatible with MirrorLink : http://www.mirrorlink.com/phones

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 25th May 2016 at 14:36.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 14:37   #4697
BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNQ/MUM/PKD
Posts: 972
Thanked: 559 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Advice Required :

How to mirror android phone? I tried with Xiomi MI4 and Sony Xperia Z1, both failed. I am able to connect via bluetooth and stream music/receive calls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Till date I have not been able to do it too. I have tried S6 Edge with Marshmellow OS and Note 5 too. None worked. The display shows phone is connected, but after that nothing. Unfortunately, neither RM nor service guys know anything about this.

This link has good info, but it never worked for me. http://www.pcquest.com/review/maruti...inment-system/

Check here if your phone is compatible with MirrorLink : http://www.mirrorlink.com/phones
I guess we can check here if the phone is compatible-
http://www.mirrorlink.com/phones
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 14:53   #4698
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 24
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hi Folks,

I received a call from Nexa today morning, informing me about a notification that has been issued by Maruti regarding faulty brakes or brake assembly in the S cross. I have asked to approach the nearest center to get the item replaced free of cost.

Has anybody else also received this sort of info or any other advise regarding faulty parts on S-cross?

My car's manufacturing date is 1st Dec 2015.
ubermeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 15:04   #4699
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,160
Thanked: 1,229 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermeow View Post
Hi Folks,

I received a call from Nexa today morning, informing me about a notification that has been issued by Maruti regarding faulty brakes or brake assembly in the S cross. I have asked to approach the nearest center to get the item replaced free of cost.

Has anybody else also received this sort of info or any other advise regarding faulty parts on S-cross?

My car's manufacturing date is 1st Dec 2015.
Please see this for more information:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ty-brakes.html (Maruti Suzuki recalls 20,427 units of S-Cross over faulty brakes)
KiloAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 16:34   #4700
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 102
Thanked: 127 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Check here if your phone is compatible with MirrorLink : http://www.mirrorlink.com/phones
Google going to release android auto update in upcoming months. Which will enable compability with all touchscreen system. I am just waiting for it now for my Nexus i guess android auto will bring lots of changes.
sahiltodankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 18:13   #4701
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Till date I have not been able to do it too. I have tried S6 Edge with Marshmellow OS and Note 5 too. None worked. The display shows phone is connected, but after that nothing. Unfortunately, neither RM nor service guys know anything about this.

This link has good info, but it never worked for me. http://www.pcquest.com/review/maruti...inment-system/

Check here if your phone is compatible with MirrorLink : http://www.mirrorlink.com/phones
I have also tried it with Samsung S6 edge and Note 4. The display shows Samsung is connected and nothing after that. When I checked for compatibility, these phones were in the list. Has anyone else used the fourth quadrant successfully.
BenHarPree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 19:12   #4702
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,786
Thanked: 2,765 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHarPree View Post
I have also tried it with Samsung S6 edge and Note 4. The display shows Samsung is connected and nothing after that. When I checked for compatibility, these phones were in the list. Has anyone else used the fourth quadrant successfully.
My Xperia Z1 is compatible according to the list. But I am not able to mirror link it.
Dr.Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 19:18   #4703
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,188
Thanked: 266 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
My Xperia Z1 is compatible according to the list. But I am not able to mirror link it.
Disable wifi. (Or make sure you are not connected to one)

Connect phone via bluetooth.

Connect phone to USB inside the armrest.

Go to settings > xperia connect > and you will see mirrorlink; tap that to start mirrorlink server.

You may need to change the IP address range sometimes. Do watch out for that.

Now tap connect on the headunit.

Make sure you use the original cable that came with the phone.

Now a list of apps that are compatible with mirrorlink will popup on your screen. You may select from these apps.
govigov is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 21:21   #4704
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,786
Thanked: 2,765 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Disable wifi. (Or make sure you are not connected to one)

Connect phone via bluetooth.

Connect phone to USB inside the armrest.

Go to settings > xperia connect > and you will see mirrorlink; tap that to start mirrorlink server.

You may need to change the IP address range sometimes. Do watch out for that.

Now tap connect on the headunit.

Make sure you use the original cable that came with the phone.

Now a list of apps that are compatible with mirrorlink will popup on your screen. You may select from these apps.
Thanks a lot buddy!!

I followed the steps mentioned by you and it did work for my Xperia
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160525_211330.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160525_211353.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 21:47   #4705
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Waiting for the day Motorola will be capable of doing this .. until then depending on Bluetooth and the Suzuki remote app seems to be the only solace for some of us non-mirror link people
mindovermotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 23:13   #4706
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: BLR, DMM, TRV
Posts: 85
Thanked: 61 Times
Default

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd June 2016 at 09:54.
lovetorque is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 26th May 2016, 07:48   #4707
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,786
Thanked: 2,765 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I got silicon key cover (200 rs) and key chain (150 rs) from Amazon. Sharing few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160526wa0001.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160526wa0000.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2016, 08:24   #4708
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,188
Thanked: 266 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
Waiting for the day Motorola will be capable of doing this .. until then depending on Bluetooth and the Suzuki remote app seems to be the only solace for some of us non-mirror link people
Incidentally, this did not work when we tried this on my friends car. I have not yet been able to try it out on mine though.

@ lovetorque

Well, there may be some workarounds for that if you can poke around a bit along with some DIY.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd June 2016 at 09:55. Reason: Quoted post deleted
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2016, 18:53   #4709
Newbie
 
Hades1011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 23
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hello to all fellow BHPians. Sharing a Pic of My S-Cross 1.6 Alpha below. The Car is a few months old now and with the running in being done our family will be taking out this beast out for a trip on a suitable weekend. Would like to know from fellow owners what all Accessories they have got installed on their car.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7048edit2.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_70562.jpg  

Hades1011 is offline   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2016, 22:04   #4710
Senior - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,023
Thanked: 2,972 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades1011 View Post
Hello to all fellow BHPians. Sharing a Pic of My S-Cross 1.6 Alpha below. The Car is a few months old now and with the running in being done our family will be taking out this beast out for a trip on a suitable weekend. Would like to know from fellow owners what all Accessories they have got installed on their car.
Go for a Dash Cam(DVR) if you don't have one. This is really required these days. You can check out for DVR specific threads for more information.
And if you go on long drives frequently then get tools like car air compressor, hydraulic jack etc.
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38) .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1220 25th July 2015 11:33
Fiat Avventura vs VW Cross Polo vs Toyota Etios Cross vs Ford EcoSport a4anurag Hatchbacks 14 16th July 2015 10:22
CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio devarshi84 What Car? 19 4th December 2014 03:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks