Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2016, 23:36   #5521
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 6,860
Thanked: 3,581 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Update - The part arrived within 48 hours (inspite of the heavy flooding fiasco in Gurgaon)

But I managed to drop the car yesterady for the change. It took about 4-5 hours (including a complemenatry wash). Issue resolved - the sound has disappeared completely.

This was the first S-Cross to get the "dead axle" changed at Pasco Gurgaon, although they claim to the biggest Nexa dealer.

I will post a copy of the bill later, but was told that the part costed INR 18.xx k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Thanks for posting this.

I went for 3rd servicing of my 1.3 with the same clunking noise problem. Initially the Pasco folks could not diagnose it. So I showed them your post, after which a MUL engineer examined and ordered for a replacement of the "dead axle". The part was not available in stock and should be in tomorrow / day after.

Can you post a copy of the bill or share the part number that got replaced in your car ?

Thank You
Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
Lately I have started noticing a kind of clicking/clanking noise from rear of car (1.3 Alpha sep-15) when I release the accelerator in any gear. It is more pronounced in lower gears and sounds like a clank and lower in higher gears and sounds like a click.

Anyone else experiencing it?
Yours is the third case being reported on the forum. Ask them to check for the rear dead axle. Got mine replaced a couple of weeks back.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 09:11   #5522
BHPian
 
coolkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 51
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Yours is the third case being reported on the forum. Ask them to check for the rear dead axle. Got mine replaced a couple of weeks back.
Got mine replaced too at around 6000 kilometres.

Love every bit of the 1.6 Zeta except for the annyoing rattle from somewhere on the front left, got a mind of its own. Ten homo sapiens have tried finding the source of the rattle but in vain.

I get around 16 kilometres to a litre in city driving conditions.

And yes, I have an updated engine map which reduces turbo lag.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-_20160824_090304.jpg  

coolkid is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 09:41   #5523
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,440
Thanked: 2,176 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid View Post
And yes, I have an updated engine map which reduces turbo lag.
Thanks for confirming buddy!! I too have found the difference between my car and TD car. My car would pull in 3 rd gear at 1000 RPM while TD car was not that responsive.

How long did the update take? Did you complain about turbo lag or was it a voluntary update by Maruti?

1.6 S-Cross - Turbo lag : The only fly in ointment has a solution now
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 12:37   #5524
BHPian
 
coolkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 51
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Thanks for confirming buddy!! I too have found the difference between my car and TD car. My car would pull in 3 rd gear at 1000 RPM while TD car was not that responsive.

How long did the update take? Did you complain about turbo lag or was it a voluntary update by Maruti?

1.6 S-Cross - Turbo lag : The only fly in ointment has a solution now
Mine came with the updated map from birth place, got it confirmed by the service manager.

For the older lots it must be done during the 'brake caliper issue' recall.

Given the huge A.S.S. network of Maruti and the very minimal 1.6 beasts in the wild, it is best to press the service manager to go an extra mile and find out if an update is available. Another service locality in the same city had no clue about the Apple CarPlay update for the S-Cross.
coolkid is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 12:57   #5525
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 59
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I am getting an annoying issue with my 3 months old S Cross music system. Its a zeta version, nothing after market was installed.

Everytime I take speed breakers or bad roads at high speed, the usb gets disconnected and it automatically starts playing FM. I have to press the mode button on the steering to switch back to the usb. Anyone else seen this? I will raise it in the next service. Not sure they will be able to fix it or make it worse.
IUNKWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 13:36   #5526
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,440
Thanked: 2,176 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid View Post
Mine came with the updated map from birth place, got it confirmed by the service manager.

For the older lots it must be done during the 'brake caliper issue' recall.

Given the huge A.S.S. network of Maruti and the very minimal 1.6 beasts in the wild, it is best to press the service manager to go an extra mile and find out if an update is available. Another service locality in the same city had no clue about the Apple CarPlay update for the S-Cross.

Even I got my 1.6 with updated map from factory itself. I had expressed my concerns about turbo lag and slightly harder clutch post test drive. SA assured me that Maruti has tweaked it and I was actually surprised to see the change in my car.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 18:10   #5527
BHPian
 
d3mon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 429
Thanked: 397 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Don't know if this has been posted before, but here's a video showing the top end performance of the 1.6 DDiS doing duty in an AllGrip Vitara.



Also, here's a video showing a whole bunch of in-gear acceleration timings in various gears in an S-cross AllGrip. The instant fuel economy indicator is a rough indicator of turbo lag - until it hits the peak in any gear - you're in the lag zone.

d3mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 19:58   #5528
Newbie
 
Hades1011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 23
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Nice pics buddy!!

Those led pivot lamps look more of amber than white . I hope it's the camera effect, should be white in real.
Yes you are right. It's probably because of some shift in the camera's white balance while the pic was shot.
Hades1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 22:17   #5529
BHPian
 
Vigkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 601
Thanked: 974 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
The instant fuel economy indicator is a rough indicator of turbo lag - until it hits the peak in any gear - you're in the lag zone.
Hey d3mon, I am not sure how you correlate turbo lag to the instantaneous fuel economy. Also, I am not sure if I understood your point correctly. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Based on my experience with S-Cross, the FE indicator has NOTHING to do with the turbo lag zone or peak power zone. It mainly depends on which gear and how much throttle input the driver gives. Even in rpms below 1500, if you drive with low or no throttle, the instantaneous FE indicator shows highest (above 20). Even in the proper turbo zone i.e. 1750 and above, if one drives spiritedly with lot of throttle input or if one floors the throttle, the instantaneous FE indicator shows a low figure (below 10).

And what do you mean by "peak in any gear"? You mean red lining or entering turbo zone (> 1750 rpm)
Vigkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 22:32   #5530
BHPian
 
d3mon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 429
Thanked: 397 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Hey d3mon, I am not sure how you correlate turbo lag to the instantaneous fuel economy. Also, I am not sure if I understood your point correctly. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Based on my experience with S-Cross, the FE indicator has NOTHING to do with the turbo lag zone or peak power zone. It mainly depends on which gear and how much throttle input the driver gives. Even in rpms below 1500, if you drive with low or no throttle, the instantaneous FE indicator shows highest (above 20). Even in the proper turbo zone i.e. 1750 and above, if one drives spiritedly with lot of throttle input or if one floors the throttle, the instantaneous FE indicator shows a low figure (below 10).

And what do you mean by "peak in any gear"? You mean red lining or entering turbo zone (> 1750 rpm)
I was talking about the FE indicator hitting the peak value of consumption in a specified gear. Are you talking about km/L or L/100 km? The video shows the latter.

It's very simple - the instantaneous fuel economy in the video shows "L/100 km". The higher the value, more the fuel being injected (and hence power being generated), at a relatively constant speed and in the same gear.

Start watching from 20:30. He presses the accelerator pedal at 20:32, which is when the FE indicator shows some fuel being injected, and the speed start to increase. Until 20:35, the FE indicator keeps increasing, which shows that the quantity of fuel being injected is still increasing until 20:35, in line with the gradually increasing boost pressure. This indicates 3 seconds of lag in that operating range and gear (5th gear, 70KMPH).
d3mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 23:23   #5531
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Something related to keyless push start system.

Did you try again and check ?
The problem was a blown accessories fuse. The service technician has changed it but not sure what has caused it. I have to wait and see.
BenHarPree is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 10:13   #5532
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,440
Thanked: 2,176 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Oil filter of 1.6 S-Cross : 970 Rs (almost 3 times costlier than 1.3 variant)

Pic was shared by fellow S-Cross owner in WhatsApp.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160824wa0003.jpg

Both air and oil filter is priced just under 1000 Rs for 1.6 S-Cross while it's under 300 Rs for 1.3. According to SA, fuel filter is same for 1.3 and 1.6 .
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 10:44   #5533
BHPian
 
avdhesh15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 440
Thanked: 448 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I've booked the S-Cross 1.6 Alpha
Congrats first of all!

If I may ask, what's the car costing you on the road (I am assuming it's in Pune with octroi)?
avdhesh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 21:24   #5534
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 166
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Any idea of how to check whether I have updated map or the old one itself?
I am having a peculiar problem from one week. The OBD indicator comes up randomly and stays for a very long time. Today, twice I felt that I lost power in third gear and my heart almost came to my mouth both the times :(

girish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Even I got my 1.6 with updated map from factory itself. I had expressed my concerns about turbo lag and slightly harder clutch post test drive. SA assured me that Maruti has tweaked it and I was actually surprised to see the change in my car.
girishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 21:28   #5535
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,440
Thanked: 2,176 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Any idea of how to check whether I have updated map or the old one itself?
I am having a peculiar problem from one week. The OBD indicator comes up randomly and stays for a very long time. Today, twice I felt that I lost power in third gear and my heart almost came to my mouth both the times :(

girish
I guess that's engine malfunction light. Get it checked at MASS and also note down the error code. Did you notice power loss when SVS light came up in MID?

Regarding map update, ask your SA if there is any update for your car.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38) .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1220 25th July 2015 11:33
Fiat Avventura vs VW Cross Polo vs Toyota Etios Cross vs Ford EcoSport a4anurag Hatchbacks 14 16th July 2015 10:22
CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio devarshi84 What Car? 19 4th December 2014 03:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks