Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2016, 11:52   #5926
BHPian
 
procrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 766
Thanked: 1,561 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
What is HDFC has to do with the GPS device installation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
I got a call from HDFC regarding the installation of the Match Point GPS device
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
What is this Match Point GPS stuff and why is HDFC bank doing this?
After Bajaj Alliance announced usage based insurance program (Bajaj Allianz introduces Drive Smart: Insurance based on your driving pattern) I am guessing all the others are following suite. In fact someone had posted way back in January that HDFC was installing a GPS device. Also check this thread (My tryst with Usage Based Insurance - Progressive's telematics device, Snapshot)
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 12:59   #5927
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 58
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Did the PDI today. Decoded the VIN and the car's manufacturing month/year is September/2016. The car had 55 kms on the odometer, is it normal? I did ask my SA about it and he told me that the car was driven from Gurugram plant to the dealer's parking lot.

Attachment 1569827
Well for maruti dealers it is normal. I got my ciaz in may 2016 it was driven 67 kms at the time of pdi and at the time of delivery it was 74kms.
I suppose what maruti dealers in Delhi do is that they dont pay taxes for bringing cars from Haryana (Gurugram) to Delhi. So to escape the tax cost + cost of a trailer carrying the car, they get it driven.
CA Dhruv is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 14:45   #5928
BHPian
 
sinharishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 275
Thanked: 326 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Congratulations Rishi! Welcome to the Suzuki crossover family.
Thank you Rahul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congratulations !

What is this Match Point GPS stuff and why is HDFC bank doing this?
Thank you Ajay!

Match Point GPS is just like any other GPS device which tracks your car's movement, it sends alert via SMS and the car can also be tracked on a mobile application. It was offered to me by HDFC. I will write more about it in detail once I get it installed and understand how it works.

Last edited by sinharishi : 24th October 2016 at 14:51.
sinharishi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 19:01   #5929
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 2,220 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hello guys,

Charging socket of my car is not working since few days. There is a charging socket in boot and even that's not working. What could be the reason? Blown fuse?

Thanks!!
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 19:06   #5930
BHPian
 
Sree73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 389
Thanked: 385 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Hello guys,

Charging socket of my car is not working since few days. There is a charging socket in boot and even that's not working. What could be the reason? Blown fuse?

Thanks!!
Could be a blown fuse. Another point. Are you checking with the same charger on both of these sockets? Just make sure that the charger is fine. One of my chargers stopped working all of a sudden. So, it could be of a charger problem also.
Sree73 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 19:36   #5931
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 2,220 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Could be a blown fuse. Another point. Are you checking with the same charger on both of these sockets? Just make sure that the charger is fine. One of my chargers stopped working all of a sudden. So, it could be of a charger problem also.
I checked the same charger in my Baleno and it works. There are 2 fuse boxes. According to owner's manual, accessory socket fuse is located in fuse box placed under dashboard. I will try if I can access it myself tomorrow.
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 20:11   #5932
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,350
Thanked: 959 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Did you get the front grill modified? Can you please explain how this was done and where you got this done. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
That original designed grille from Euro-spec S-Cross looks good. From where you got it & for how much ?
This grille was sourced from China in person. Approx cost Rs 1700. (170 RMB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Outstanding photograph ! Cover page material.
Thank you Ajay
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Maruti marketing team must get in touch with you for rights of this picture. They could use it for promotional purposes and I bet it will have positive impact on the sales. Awesome photograph!
Sourabh.
Thanks. Appreciate your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I, for one, am still a bit miffed that he chose to be "exclusive" with this mod and not spread the cheer.
KA
Why ? Let me know what details you want.

Fyi
This grille has a Suzuki logo, so it cannot be shipped across to India as per Customs. Hence, no dealer would entertain a request from India and that's the reason you will not find this anywhere online.

Only way is to travel to China, buy it and hand carry to India.
Its a little bulky in size and not so easy if you don't have a direct flight back home.

Last edited by kpzen : 24th October 2016 at 20:12.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 20:39   #5933
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 113
Thanked: 100 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Booked S-Cross Delta 1.3....dealer is having a tough time selling S-Cross.
I would suggest that you shouldn't go for that dark grey S-Cross 1.3 Delta model. I had booked my Baleno CVT delta over there with a promise from the RM that the car will be delivered to me this month. The RM is now backtracking on his promise and is pushing the very same S-Cross 1.3 Delta model.

Its actually a showroom display car with hideous seat covers that don't fit well and fake carbon fibre stickers on the dashboard and transmission tunnel.

I'm assuming that you are talking about Nexa Rajouri Garden.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 26th October 2016 at 21:38. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire large posts. It inconveniences our small screen and mobile users. Thanks.
fuelinmyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 21:09   #5934
BHPian
 
sinharishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 275
Thanked: 326 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
I would suggest that you shouldn't go for that dark grey S-Cross 1.3 Delta model.

Its actually a showroom display car with hideous seat covers that don't fit well and fake carbon fibre stickers on the dashboard and transmission tunnel.

I'm assuming that you are talking about Nexa Rajouri Garden.
The one I saw was White a 1.6 Delta. I did the PDI of the car allotted to me on Sunday, it had no seat covers and also did not had any carbon fibre stickers.

It came to dealer's parking lot in the middle of last week. Yes, I am talking about TR Sawhney owned Nexa Showroom at Rajouri Garden.

Here are the pictures of my car :

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4023.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4020.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4019.jpg

Last edited by sinharishi : 24th October 2016 at 21:15.
sinharishi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 21:36   #5935
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 461
Thanked: 220 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
This grille was sourced from China in person. Approx cost Rs 1700. (170 RMB)

Fyi
This grille has a Suzuki logo, so it cannot be shipped across to India as per Customs. Hence, no dealer would entertain a request from India and that's the reason you will not find this anywhere online.

Only way is to travel to China, buy it and hand carry to India.
Its a little bulky in size and not so easy if you don't have a direct flight back home.
From what I see the Grill or something similar is available on Ali Express - sorry the Link is too long to post here.

Or are you saying Customs will let it through even if you have it shipped?

Last edited by invidious : 24th October 2016 at 21:47.
invidious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 21:44   #5936
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 113
Thanked: 100 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
The one I saw was White a 1.6 Delta. I did the PDI of the car allotted to me on Sunday, it had no seat covers and also did not had any carbon fibre stickers.

It came to dealer's parking lot in the middle of last week. Yes, I am talking about TR Sawhney owned Nexa Showroom at Rajouri Garden.

Here are the pictures of my car :
Ok. I'ám really sorry for the misunderstanding. The one that I was being pressed for, was grey 1.3 Delta display car and not the white 1.6.

Anyway congratulations for your stonking new ride. Wish you a delightful motoring experience.

Last edited by fuelinmyveins : 24th October 2016 at 21:52.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 04:30   #5937
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,350
Thanked: 959 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
From what I see the Grill or something similar is available on Ali Express - sorry the Link is too long to post here.

Or are you saying Customs will let it through even if you have it shipped?
Please check the AliExpress again, it should be the chrome dressing for the grille.
If not, then you got to post the link here. So many eager tbhpians have been hunting this for a while now.

My package got stuck in China customs twice for the logo. As per them, Suzuki logo part cannot be shipped outside the country unless the manufacturer gives an authentic declaration as " Sample for testing only ".

Hence, hand carrying was the only option.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 11:27   #5938
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 2,220 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I took the car to MASS today. Fuse box is located behind glove box. Accessory socket fuse was blown and replaced. Both charging sockets ( front and boot) are working now.

Service Manager advised me not to use non MGA charger and showed me a report where non MGA charger was interfering with frequency of key fob which leads to error message as "Key Fob Not Detected" on MID.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 25th October 2016 at 11:41.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 12:19   #5939
BHPian
 
Sree73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 389
Thanked: 385 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post

Service Manager advised me not to use non MGA charger and showed me a report where non MGA charger was interfering with frequency of key fob which leads to error message as "Key Fob Not Detected" on MID.
If I keep the key fob in the pocket near the start push button, I still receive the message "key fob not detected" occasionally. As advised by the SA, I always keep the key in the bottle holder near the hand brake actuator and in this position, I did not face this issue even once.
Sree73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 12:45   #5940
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 1,132 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I took the car to MASS today. Fuse box is located behind glove box. Accessory socket fuse was blown and replaced. Both charging sockets ( front and boot) are working now.

Service Manager advised me not to use non MGA charger and showed me a report where non MGA charger was interfering with frequency of key fob which leads to error message as "Key Fob Not Detected" on MID.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
If I keep the key fob in the pocket near the start push button, I still receive the message "key fob not detected" occasionally. As advised by the SA, I always keep the key in the bottle holder near the hand brake actuator and in this position, I did not face this issue even once.
There is an even better place to keep the key fob - a cubby hole just below the starter button. I use this spot because I like using the cup holders for storing other things.

Trouble with this storage spot is, if I accelerate hard, the key fob falls down
KiloAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38) .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1220 25th July 2015 11:33
Fiat Avventura vs VW Cross Polo vs Toyota Etios Cross vs Ford EcoSport a4anurag Hatchbacks 14 16th July 2015 10:22
CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio devarshi84 What Car? 19 4th December 2014 03:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:39.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks