Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2016, 11:39   #6391
BHPian
 
Sree73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 588
Thanked: 662 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

The much criticised and much ridiculed JK Elanzo NXT on my S-Cross 1.3 Zeta. The tyres have run 24K KMs in the last 16 months and still going good / as new. Except little noise, I have not faced any issues with this shoes. It's an OK tyre with the price we pay for that.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20161227_111622_hdr.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20161227_111536_hdr.jpg  

Sree73 is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2016, 11:44   #6392
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 131
Thanked: 171 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

The Maruti S-Cross gets new 16-inch gun metal alloy rims. See the below link for details.

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/12/m...updates-253433


Mod :- Please move it to correct thread if needed
varunswnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2016, 16:03   #6393
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 616
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hi. My Scross has done 2000 Kms and I do Mumbai Pune commute every weekend. I am quite happy with JK tyres. Road noise has reduced considerably after 3M underbody coating. With music and A/C don't think tyre noise is excessive.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2016, 16:07   #6394
Senior - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,216
Thanked: 3,938 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
The Maruti S-Cross gets new 16-inch gun metal alloy rims. See the below link for details.

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/12/m...updates-253433

Mod :- Please move it to correct thread if needed
My friend took his S-cross delivery with this new set of alloys. This looks way better than the previous one.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-fb_img_1482822556767.jpg
arun_josie is online now   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 00:31   #6395
BHPian
 
sunejarahul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 129
Thanked: 116 Times
Angry Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

This is to report the unfortunate state of affairs at Maruti Sales & Service, Naraina. Some idiot hit my car from behind at a traffic signal last week and I had submitted my car for body repair job which included (i) repair of boot (ii) replacement of rear bumper, on 21.12.16, for the delivery of which I had visited the service station today. I will put this together in points:

1. My advisor never updated me on the status of the car during this whole period. Frequent calls were made to him since 22.12.16 but he could never satisfactorily solve my queries. I had to call a known person in the Mechanical Department couple of times to know the exact status of my car. My advisor did not inform me that the car was ready. He was absent during the inspection of car today.

2. It was discovered during inspection that the bumper was defective. It was deformed to the point that there was a thick gap in the bumper and the car's boot (pictures attached). NOBODY was aware of this, NOBODY noticed this. There might have been a dozen people involved in procurement of the new bumper, stock keepers, the workers who fixed the bumper, the workers who primed & painted the bumper, the service advisor, the body shop manager, the service manager, the cleaners who washed & cleaned my car. I fail to understand how could ONE DOZEN people not see that the bumper was defective, had a big deformity and had several imperfections. The paint work on the bumper was done very unprofessionally, had many imperfections and scratches and was also already chipping.

3. The paint work on the boot had similar scratching. The clear coat was found to be uneven and sagging at edges. The body shop manager was more invested in passing the incident off by saying "Sir, manual works and OEM factory paint finishes always have such defects" rather than accepting this blunder. I did not accept delivery as such work was and always will be unacceptable to me.

4. Even after being my preferred service station and my frequent visits here, even after having all the details of my car on the Job Card and even after having access to my car at all times, the "1.6" emblem was attached to my 1.3 S-Cross. Also, the S-Cross emblem was fixed at an odd angle (pictrue attached) and again, NOBODY noticed anything unusual until I pointed that out!

After an exhaustive and agonizing inspection I had to refuse delivery, send the car to the body shop for replacement of the rear bumper (again) and re-painting of rear boot (again). Due to sheer negligence, lack of professionalism, mismanagement, ignorance and lack of commitment to their respective duties on the part of Maruti Sales & Service Naraina, I am having to face unrecoverable loss at both personal and work front.

I had to clear lot of backlog at work and leave Delhi on the night of Wednesday, i.e., tomorrow with family for an extended trip towards the end of the year. My plan stands cancelled for now due to this marvelous blunder. The car is going to stay in the body shop for at least 2 more working days. I have shot a strongly worded email to NEXA. As usual, they will call up the service station who will apologize and make corrective action which is in no way going to help anyone.

PS: I am attaching a dropbox link of the pictures that I had to attach. TBHP doesn't accept pictures over 3MB and modern day smartphone pictures are always heavier than that.

Before:

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161221_101358.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161221_101409.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161221_101416.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161221_101421.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161221_101428.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161221_101448.jpg

After:

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161227_120029.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161227_120940.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161227_120945.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161227_121002.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161227_121013_hdr.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161227_121049.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161227_121054.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161227_121117.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161227_121311.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 28th December 2016 at 17:29. Reason: Resizing and adding images here :)
sunejarahul is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 07:41   #6396
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,524
Thanked: 1,514 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post

1. My advisor never updated me on the status of the car during this whole period. Frequent calls were made to him since 22.12.16 but he could never satisfactorily solve my queries. I had to call a known person in the Mechanical Department couple of times to know the exact status of my car. My advisor did not inform me that the car was ready. He was absent during the inspection of car today.
That's bad.
You should meet the General Manager of that MASS.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post


2. It was discovered during inspection that the bumper was defective. It was deformed to the point that there was a thick gap in the bumper and the car's boot (pictures attached). NOBODY was aware of this, NOBODY noticed this. There might have been a dozen people involved in procurement of the new bumper, stock keepers, the workers who fixed the bumper, the workers who primed & painted the bumper, the service advisor, the body shop manager, the service manager, the cleaners who washed & cleaned my car. I fail to understand how could ONE DOZEN people not see that the bumper was defective, had a big deformity and had several imperfections. The paint work on the bumper was done very unprofessionally, had many imperfections and scratches and was also already chipping.
Rear body frame must be having a bend and they have not straightened it.
So when the new bumper is fixed, its having less end to end width on the frame which is causing the gap.

To check, you can open the boot remove the spare wheel and see from inside if its all straight.




Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post

3. The paint work on the boot had similar scratching. The clear coat was found to be uneven and sagging at edges. The body shop manager was more invested in passing the incident off by saying "Sir, manual works and OEM factory paint finishes always have such defects" rather than accepting this blunder. I did not accept delivery as such work was and always will be unacceptable to me.

Incomplete work again.
A good session of mild rubbing should solve this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
4. Even after being my preferred service station and my frequent visits here, even after having all the details of my car on the Job Card and even after having access to my car at all times, the "1.6" emblem was attached to my 1.3 S-Cross. Also, the S-Cross emblem was fixed at an odd angle (pictrue attached) and again, NOBODY noticed anything unusual until I pointed that out!
Eeh !!


Overall bad experience but not worth spoiling your valuable holiday with family.
My suggestion.
Take the car, enjoy your holidays. Come back and screw their happiness.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 07:58   #6397
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,647
Thanked: 1,956 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
My suggestion.
Take the car, enjoy your holidays. Come back and screw their happiness.
In which case the MASS will completely knock off the situation saying, "we don't know what happened during your holidays sir, someone might've rubbed the wrong side of your car without your knowledge or you might've done without your knowledge. Since this happened after after the service, now you've to pay for it"

Sorry to say, been there, done that & have had such bitter experiences. Catch the thief red handed.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 09:43   #6398
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,524
Thanked: 1,514 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
In which case the MASS will completely knock off the situation saying, "we don't know what happened during your holidays sir, someone might've rubbed the wrong side of your car without your knowledge or you might've done without your knowledge. Since this happened after after the service, now you've to pay for it"

Sorry to say, been there, done that & have had such bitter experiences. Catch the thief red handed.
He has already sent an email to Maruti with pictures.
And, I have suggested to meet the GM of MASS.

Maruti as a manufacturer is pretty serious about their customers.
Its only the MASS's attitude with customer that ruins the experience.

Last edited by kpzen : 28th December 2016 at 09:45.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 12:09   #6399
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 616
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
My friend took his S-cross delivery with this new set of alloys. This looks way better than the previous one.

Attachment 1588822
I somehow like the look with the old one. These one's seem an inspiration from Palio Sport . one of the best looking alloys
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 15:33   #6400
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,577
Thanked: 4,448 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Thanks to Dr.Parvez for sharing this info :

For S-Cross Zeta/Alpha..

Long press the settings button and this display with lot of information pops up. I was more interesed in checking GPS speed.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20161228wa0012.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20161228wa0011.jpg

Note : This works in all Maruti cars with Bosch touch screen Navigation system
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 15:39   #6401
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,647
Thanked: 1,956 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
He has already sent an email to Maruti with pictures.
And, I have suggested to meet the GM of MASS.

Maruti as a manufacturer is pretty serious about their customers.
Its only the MASS's attitude with customer that ruins the experience.
It's up to him, I suggested what I've gone through; all said, arguing with people who spew BS all the time is same as fighting with pigs; all the while we keep fighting, while they enjoy being in the filth!!

Personally, I would go with what Parag (paragsachania) says all the time; take your car, sit with those guys, understand what's being done, it's worth the time. Afterall its ONE car (and more) for us & not the Nth car like how they treat.

Anyway, I'm not against vacation, but, if I were in his position, I'm positive to lose my mind over this, hence said to fix it rather than lose the peace of mind.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 15:51   #6402
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 595
Thanked: 636 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
: Some idiot hit my car from behind at a traffic signal last week and I had submitted my car for body repair job which included (i) repair of boot (ii) replacement of rear bumper, on 21.12.16, for the delivery

Truncated by design

Usually, I find it best to order the genuine replacement parts from a known source and get it fixed by a local garage unless it is a warranty issue. The service centers, I have noticed are usually more keen to do work which gives them a bigger cheque. The more reputed of the garages are adept at doing body work because it is their bread and butter. Some buffoon did a number on the front bumper of my Elite i20 and the garage fellow I know did a great job. My hand was forced earlier because Fiat shut their service centers in Bombay - I soon realized, this was a very handy solution. The turnaround time is significantly lesser too.
invidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 17:28   #6403
BHPian
 
Baddychat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Noida
Posts: 302
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
My friend took his S-cross delivery with this new set of alloys. This looks way better than the previous one.

Attachment 1588822
The new alloys definitely look better than the older ones. They were a tad too boring. From a distance they looked like full wheel covers. Is this alloy for the Alpha only or all variants for which have alloys ?
Baddychat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 17:31   #6404
BHPian
 
CarguyNish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Roaming Around
Posts: 563
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Is this alloy for the Alpha only or all variants for which have alloys ?
Zeta & Alpha (1.3 & 1.6) come with Alloys while Sigma & Delta have Wheel Covers. Nice design & in gunmetal finish, it looks good.
CarguyNish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 17:39   #6405
BHPian
 
Baddychat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Noida
Posts: 302
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Zeta & Alpha (1.3 & 1.6) come with Alloys while Sigma & Delta have Wheel Covers. Nice design & in gunmetal finish, it looks good.
My question was a little different. So I had asked whether the Zeta and Alpha come with the same alloys. There are cars like the Altis and the Jetta which get different alloys based on the variant.
I checked the S Cross page and it seems that both the Zeta and Alpha come with 205/60 R16 variants. So same alloys probably would be my guess.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38) .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1220 25th July 2015 11:33
Fiat Avventura vs VW Cross Polo vs Toyota Etios Cross vs Ford EcoSport a4anurag Hatchbacks 14 16th July 2015 10:22
CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio devarshi84 What Car? 19 4th December 2014 03:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks