Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2017, 07:50   #6901
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,648
Thanked: 1,957 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guyme View Post
Hello S-Cross owners...Any help from you guys will be greatly appreciated.
Which dealer? Where was this promotional drive & what's the significance about a promotional drive than a test drive?
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 09:11   #6902
Senior - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,021
Thanked: 4,207 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Precisely my point - smaller engine capacity having more storage on fluids than a larger engine. The engine oil is just 0.75 ml more which is also less IMHO, but the coolant & transmission oil levels are 500 ml less than 1.3 engine
The 1.3L MJD in the Punto for German markets has 3L of engine oil, 1.98L of Gearbox oil, though coolant quantity is the same 6L. I guess Maruti Suzuki have either increased these capacities due to some reason and the 1.6L engine doesnt have any changes specific to India and is imported and bolted on.
audioholic is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 09:20   #6903
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,648
Thanked: 1,957 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The 1.3L MJD in the Punto for German markets has 3L of engine oil, 1.98L of Gearbox oil, though coolant quantity is the same 6L. I guess Maruti Suzuki have either increased these capacities due to some reason and the 1.6L engine doesnt have any changes specific to India and is imported and bolted on.
Thank you for the info; while I agree 1.6 is complete import & doesn't need a change, but still fails some logic because...if Maruti has tweaked 1.3 MJD for India spec condition & that's why that engine stays bullet proof, then does it make 1.6 vulnerable for India by keeping it stock import
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 10:39   #6904
BHPian
 
jaunthead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 49
Thanked: 93 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Its been around 2 weeks since I took delivery of my 1.6. The car has been doing great, went for the 1000km first service on Fri.
One thing that is currently bothering me is- after about a week of ownership, the feel of turbo kick at 1800rpm was gone. Initially I thought the ecu might be adjusting to my driving style. The turbo kick would return sometimes when I accelerated a little hard(not pedal to metal really). Now after 2 weeks even the hard acceleration is not building any turbo kick. I have tried in various conditions- open roads, city roads.
The car seems to pull fine and respond well to accelerator inputs but very very linear and unlike the 1.6. Even the TD 1.3 had some pull effect. I am wondering should I be worried about this? I wouldn't say I miss the feel itself, but the lack of it makes me think how can the engine characteristic change so much and does that point to something faulty?
Would like to know if you are experiencing anything like this. Thanks.

Last edited by jaunthead : 13th March 2017 at 10:42.
jaunthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 11:11   #6905
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,780
Thanked: 1,303 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
For the last couple of months, I have a strange pain in my left leg. I had also felt it during the initial driving period of S-Cross. Somehow the clutch setting does not suit me (long travel), is what I feel.
I had reported this pain in my left leg few months ago. After exercising regularly (jumping, light jogging, walking etc...), the pain has disappeared. So wanted to highlight that there is nothing wrong with the S-Cross.
ajay_satpute is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 11:17   #6906
BHPian
 
gr8guyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 35
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Which dealer? Where was this promotional drive & what's the significance about a promotional drive than a test drive?
In Coimbatore, NEXA had a promotion for S-Cross yesterday, exchange offer, and two of the dealers here had participated in that. This was conducted by Maruti directly. You have to quote your expected value for your car and then both the dealers will bid for your car. The highest bidder or the dealer who can match you expected price will be given the offer to exchange your car for the new S-Cross. When I went there and did test drive, the dealer who met my expected value for my car told me that there is no upgrade or facelift happening to S-Cross this year and the facelift version is only for Indonesia. They also said there is no discount on the new car and no exchange bonus also, but will get corporate bonus and a gift valued between Rs. 5000 to Rs. 10,000 depending on my luck in a spinning the wheel contest.

Now I am really confused since I see this link http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...ation/57609056.
gr8guyme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 11:53   #6907
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,648
Thanked: 1,957 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guyme View Post
They also said there...on my luck in a spinning the wheel contest
good joke of the year!! I don't want to go OT here by talking on discounts, but conclude saying, if you're really really, really, really interested, not just SCro but any car, I would say, just go for it if you can afford, because you only live once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guyme View Post
Now I am really confused since I see this link
What's there to get confused? If India is going to be 3rd biggest market, you either ignore or you sail along with it.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 12:13   #6908
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,196
Thanked: 12,754 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guyme View Post

Now I am really confused since I see this link
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
What's there to get confused?
Quoting the relevant part of the article where he is confused:

Quote:
The company will launch the all-new third generation Swift, which was unveiled here, in India in the spring of 2018. It is also gearing up for the upgraded version of its premium crossover S-Cross later this year.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 12:21   #6909
BHPian
 
gr8guyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 35
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Quoting the relevant part of the article where he is confused:
Absolutely right a4anurag...I guess I will wait for the update and meanwhile also wait for Fiat to open a service centre here in Coimbatore

I own a Fiat Punto Evo 2014 model and one fine day Fiat just shut shop here in Coimbatore. They have given assurances of engaging a new dealer here, but I am skeptical now given how they do not care for their customers. So far my experience with Fiat service has been good, but this sudden closure of dealer and service center has put doubts in my head regarding sticking on to my Punto. - This is my reason for going for S-Cross now.
gr8guyme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 12:41   #6910
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,648
Thanked: 1,957 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Quoting the relevant part of the article where he is confused:


Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guyme View Post
Absolutely right a4anurag...I guess I will wait for the update and meanwhile also wait for Fiat to open a service centre here in Coimbatore
I agree with you, it's a very sad affair & I was in your boat few months ago; Abarth Punto was a very close match for us, but when we went to Anna Nagar RDC Fiat...damn!! The flexboard showed "VW coming soon..."

After that I came to know CBE also shutdown their one & only Fiat showroom. Personally to me, if they cannot sell in CBE, then, nothing can succeed. Madras might see some sales, but, an automobile's success is determined at one & only Coimbatore!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guyme View Post
This is my reason for going for S-Cross now.
Like TBhp says...if it's got to be S-Cross...it's got to be 1.6!! Go for it, you'll not regret except for it's high cost :(
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 13:16   #6911
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,641
Thanked: 1,026 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

OT here, but just FYI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guyme View Post
Absolutely right a4anurag...I guess I will wait for the update and meanwhile also wait for Fiat to open a service centre here in Coimbatore

I own a Fiat Punto Evo 2014 model and one fine day Fiat just shut shop here in Coimbatore. They have given assurances of engaging a new dealer here, but I am skeptical now given how they do not care for their customers. So far my experience with Fiat service has been good, but this sudden closure of dealer and service center has put doubts in my head regarding sticking on to my Punto. - This is my reason for going for S-Cross now.
The erstwhile dealer ran into issues with Fiat due to using the premises for multi-brands. Which was why they closed, and SRT group has been selected to sell and service Fiat henceforth for the said region.



Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post



I agree with you, it's a very sad affair & I was in your boat few months ago; Abarth Punto was a very close match for us, but when we went to Anna Nagar RDC Fiat...damn!! The flexboard showed "VW coming soon..."
Dealers switch their real estate as and when they wish, what's new?

Quote:
After that I came to know CBE also shutdown their one & only Fiat showroom. Personally to me, if they cannot sell in CBE, then, nothing can succeed. Madras might see some sales, but, an automobile's success is determined at one & only Coimbatore!!
Again, read the response above. The erstwhile dealer ran into issues both with Sales and Service, not what you assume, really.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 13:20   #6912
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Madras,Modena
Posts: 1,047
Thanked: 666 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guyme View Post
I have one question, is this the right time to buy the S-Cross given that the facelift is expected to be launched this year?
If you are going for the 1.6 diesel. There is no change on the engine front in the upcoming model. Only thing to look forward in the diesel to is, whether the DCT transmission is going to be introduced. If its the petrol version, there are also the 1.0 and 1.4 Boosterjet in the European market.

However so far there haven't been any S-Cross test mules around. Baleno test mules were spotted like 6-12 months in advance before RS was launched. If any of the above 3 are going to be introduced in a facelift, we should see them being tested, otherwise the facelift is going to be a mere cosmetic change.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2017, 01:26   #6913
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,271
Thanked: 382 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

What is the cost of Michelin P3STs 215/60/16 without exchange ? The elanzo's are dangerous and the car does not stop with urgency while braking. I just want to get rid of them, even though they are only run about 12k.
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2017, 02:26   #6914
BHPian
 
CarLoverJosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 33
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
Its been around 2 weeks since I took delivery of my 1.6. The car has been doing great, went for the 1000km first service on Fri.
One thing that is currently bothering me is- after about a week of ownership, the feel of turbo kick at 1800rpm was gone. Initially I thought the ecu might be adjusting to my driving style. The turbo kick would return sometimes when I accelerated a little hard(not pedal to metal really). Now after 2 weeks even the hard acceleration is not building any turbo kick. I have tried in various conditions- open roads, city roads.
The car seems to pull fine and respond well to accelerator inputs but very very linear and unlike the 1.6. Even the TD 1.3 had some pull effect. I am wondering should I be worried about this? I wouldn't say I miss the feel itself, but the lack of it makes me think how can the engine characteristic change so much and does that point to something faulty?
Would like to know if you are experiencing anything like this. Thanks.
No jaunthead, this is definitely not normal. Seems to be a issue with the turbo. Get it checked ASAP
CarLoverJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2017, 09:24   #6915
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,231
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
Its been around 2 weeks since I took delivery of my 1.6. The car has been doing great, went for the 1000km first service on Fri.
One thing that is currently bothering me is- after about a week of ownership, the feel of turbo kick at 1800rpm was gone.
...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLoverJosh View Post
No jaunthead, this is definitely not normal. Seems to be a issue with the turbo. Get it checked ASAP
After having driven a 1.6 in all manner of traffic/road conditions from the past 9 months, I can say with confidence that your right foot - like mine - has learned to modulate the throttle pedal to get a smooth, linear acceleration. I now do it instinctively, and had felt the same "oh! acceleration gone!" disappointment after about 2500km. However, some determined pedal-to-metal on open highways has reassured me that the strong "shove in the back" type acceleration continues to exist.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38) .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1220 25th July 2015 11:33
Fiat Avventura vs VW Cross Polo vs Toyota Etios Cross vs Ford EcoSport a4anurag Hatchbacks 14 16th July 2015 10:22
CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio devarshi84 What Car? 19 4th December 2014 03:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks