Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2017, 20:14   #7291
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,590
Thanked: 4,461 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitz4u View Post
Is it ok to go for customized projector fitting by opening the headlight fitting or go ahead with a branded HID kit like Osram or Philips?
Yes, it's OK to retrofit a good quality projector and reseal using butyl sealant. If no stock wiring is tampered, electrical warranty will be intact.

Please do not use HID bulbs in halogen reflector. It would lead to lot of glare for oncoming traffic and even the output would be nowhere close to Bixenon Projector setup.

Also, you can try Philips Rally 100/90 with relay. It would cost around 1500 Rs.
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 21:19   #7292
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I'm considering the 1.6 version as an upgrade for my Punto, sport variant. Would anyone know about any offers from Maruti for S Cross 1.6? Thank you!
leftnwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 11:27   #7293
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 25
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, it's OK to retrofit a good quality projector and reseal using butyl sealant. If no stock wiring is tampered, electrical warranty will be intact.

Please do not use HID bulbs in halogen reflector. It would lead to lot of glare for oncoming traffic and even the output would be nowhere close to Bixenon Projector setup.

Also, you can try Philips Rally 100/90 with relay. It would cost around 1500 Rs.
I visited 4-5 renowned accessory dealers up here in Chandigarh. Barring one of them who specialized in customized accessory setups, all ill-advised to open and reseal the head lamps making them susceptible to moisture inside the fitting in future.

The customized setup dealer was quoting a hell lot for his projectors and Drl's as compared to other dealers, making an estimate of over 22k He exhibited some special aluminum body projectors & claimed that Audi & BMW use such fittings. He also offered different designs of BMW Angel-eye ring frames which could be used along the projectors.

Personally I'am interested to go for a projector setup but can't take a risk of moisture leakage. So, can anyone suggest a reasonably priced online site or source to order such special projectors, lights, lenses & Drl's. Once procured I could relocate a quality retro fitter who uses butyl sealants etc. or someone who gives assurance of his fitting work.
smitz4u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 16:07   #7294
BHPian
 
ankan.m.blr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 583
Thanked: 478 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Took delivery of my 1.3 zeta Granite Grey yesterday
I'll post in detail about delivery and initial ownership experience in a few days. I need a suggestion: I want to swap JK Elanzo's (run only 70 KM so far) with Michelin P3ST, of same size 205/60/R16. The buy back offered to me is max Rs.2000 per JK tyre. The P3ST ones are quoted at Rs.8250/- per tyre. P3ST mfg date stated by the dealer is DEC-2016. Does the buy back value look reasonable or too less? Any suggestions on good tyre dealerships?
ankan.m.blr is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 16:22   #7295
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,528
Thanked: 1,524 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Took delivery of my 1.3 zeta Granite Grey yesterday
I'll post in detail about delivery and initial ownership experience in a few days. I need a suggestion: I want to swap JK Elanzo's (run only 70 KM so far) with Michelin P3ST, of same size 205/60/R16. The buy back offered to me is max Rs.2000 per JK tyre. The P3ST ones are quoted at Rs.8250/- per tyre. P3ST mfg date stated by the dealer is DEC-2016. Does the buy back value look reasonable or too less? Any suggestions on good tyre dealerships?
Congratulations
Good choice on tires.
Buy back value is way too less, try negotiating for a better price. Anything north of Rs 3500 should be nice.
New P3ST I bought one tire last week for Rs 7500
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 16:24   #7296
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,779
Thanked: 1,301 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Took delivery of my 1.3 zeta Granite Grey yesterday
I'll post in detail about delivery and initial ownership experience in a few days. I need a suggestion: Does the buy back value look reasonable or too less? Any suggestions on good tyre dealerships?
Its not a good deal. This is what I had got when I swapped my JKs with Michelins.

Final deal:
Buy back for JK Elanzo: 4,000/- per tyre
Michelin Primacy 3ST: 6,900/- per tyre
Total cost for 4 tyres: 11,600/-
ajay_satpute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 16:24   #7297
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,231
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Took delivery of my 1.3 zeta Granite Grey yesterday
I'll post in detail about delivery and initial ownership experience in a few days. I need a suggestion: I want to swap JK Elanzo's (run only 70 KM so far) with Michelin P3ST, of same size 205/60/R16. The buy back offered to me is max Rs.2000 per JK tyre. The P3ST ones are quoted at Rs.8250/- per tyre. P3ST mfg date stated by the dealer is DEC-2016. Does the buy back value look reasonable or too less? Any suggestions on good tyre dealerships?
Congrats @ankan.m.blr!

Buy back value of JK Elanzo has been steadily going down over the past year. Too many people are swapping the tyres, as they don't do any justice to the capabilities of the car. Shop around a bit more, you could get up to 3000 per tyre as buy back, but that will involve some leg work.

If you haven't done so already, check out Madhu's (Langford Road) and Millivisions (Krumbigal Road, near Lalbagh Main Gate) for alternate quotes.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 16:26   #7298
BHPian
 
ankan.m.blr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 583
Thanked: 478 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Congrats @ankan.m.blr!

Buy back value of JK Elanzo has been steadily going down over the past year. Too many people are swapping the tyres, as they don't do any justice to the capabilities of the car. Shop around a bit more, you could get up to 3000 per tyre as buy back, but that will involve some leg work.

If you haven't done so already, check out Madhu's (Langford Road) and Millivisions (Krumbigal Road, near Lalbagh Main Gate) for alternate quotes.
It's Madhu's who quoted me Rs.2000 for JK.:banghead:
ankan.m.blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 18:18   #7299
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,460
Thanked: 873 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
It's Madhu's who quoted me Rs.2000 for JK.:banghead:
In my conversation with Sai Iyengar Tyres, I got to know that the MRP for JK Elanzos has gone down and new tyres in the S-Cross stock size is available for ~3000 INR. Hence the buy back has been steadily decreasing from the earlier 4000 to 2000-2500 per tyre in the past 2 months. This is just FYI and I did not do any further legwork to validate this information.
abhinav.s is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 18:52   #7300
BHPian
 
ankan.m.blr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 583
Thanked: 478 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
In my conversation with Sai Iyengar Tyres, I got to know that the MRP for JK Elanzos has gone down and new tyres in the S-Cross stock size is available for ~3000 INR. Hence the buy back has been steadily decreasing from the earlier 4000 to 2000-2500 per tyre in the past 2 months. This is just FYI and I did not do any further legwork to validate this information.
You are correct. Sai Iyengar tyres has stopped buyback of JK tyres (I was told so when I spoke to them)
ankan.m.blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 23:59   #7301
BHPian
 
ankan.m.blr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 583
Thanked: 478 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

The Michelin P3ST offered to me are brand new but manufactured in Nov 2016. They are lying in the godown for close to 6 months. Is there anything specific I need to check while buying these tyres?
ankan.m.blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2017, 00:20   #7302
BHPian
 
cpbopanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 769 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
The Michelin P3ST offered to me are brand new but manufactured in Nov 2016. They are lying in the godown for close to 6 months. Is there anything specific I need to check while buying these tyres?
If you have a choice, avoid old tyres. They harden on storage! Not only will your ride be unsettled (at high speeds), but they will also affect your wheel alignment!

Last edited by cpbopanna : 29th April 2017 at 00:40.
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2017, 01:05   #7303
BHPian
 
ankan.m.blr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 583
Thanked: 478 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
If you have a choice, avoid old tyres. They harden on storage! Not only will your ride be unsettled (at high speeds), but they will also affect your wheel alignment!
Thank you! I did not realize this. So I need to back out of the deal. Problem is, its hard to find a recently manufactured P3ST in my req'd size (205/60/R16) in Bangalore these days.
ankan.m.blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2017, 02:38   #7304
BHPian
 
sunejarahul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 129
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Thank you! I did not realize this. So I need to back out of the deal. Problem is, its hard to find a recently manufactured P3ST in my req'd size (205/60/R16) in Bangalore these days.
Get them shipped from somebody from a different state, say Mumbai or Chennai or Delhi or Chandigarh if you really want those and do not have them available in Bangalore and get them installed at any trusted tyre shop in your city.
sunejarahul is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2017, 07:44   #7305
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: KA 18/KA 02
Posts: 388
Thanked: 857 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
The Michelin P3ST offered to me are brand new but manufactured in Nov 2016. They are lying in the godown for close to 6 months. Is there anything specific I need to check while buying these tyres?
Six month old tyres shouldn't be much of a problem, specially if they are imported and you are a mile muncher. Freshly made tyres of non OEM/standard size are hard to come by. Just check the tyres for signs of cracks, usage, physical deformity etc.
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38) .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1220 25th July 2015 11:33
Fiat Avventura vs VW Cross Polo vs Toyota Etios Cross vs Ford EcoSport a4anurag Hatchbacks 14 16th July 2015 10:22
CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio devarshi84 What Car? 19 4th December 2014 03:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks