Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2017, 23:21   #7336
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,295
Thanked: 413 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Yes, its 6J for the S Cross. Stock alloy size of Vitara Brezza is 6.5J.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks! That means the few folks here who have got the brezza alloys on the s-cross can upsize to 215mm tires.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2017, 22:55   #7337
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 221
Thanked: 327 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

They surely won't sell 1.5 lakh Kizashi and Vitara with the 2L engine in 3 years. This has to be for the S-cross

My thought process is that the 2 L India manufactured MJD will be cheaper than the 1.6 L imported MJD. Also will allow for more localization with an ecosystem of 2L India MJD. Why would Maruti Suzuki not plonk the 2L MJD in S-cross if it was cheaper than the 1.6 MJD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
IMO, the 2.0 l diesel engine will come in Grand Vitara and probably a new Kizashi . 1.5 lakh engines over a period of 3 years is what is being discussed.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 09:47   #7338
Sip
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: HR 06
Posts: 162
Thanked: 164 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
They surely won't sell 1.5 lakh Kizashi and Vitara with the 2L engine in 3 years. This has to be for the S-cross

My thought process is that the 2 L India manufactured MJD will be cheaper than the 1.6 L imported MJD. Also will allow for more localization with an ecosystem of 2L India MJD. Why would Maruti Suzuki not plonk the 2L MJD in S-cross if it was cheaper than the 1.6 MJD?
In a way one can speculate that way. But let me speculate differently

- It may not be true that made in India (under licence) 2.0 ltr engine is cheaper than imported 1.6 ltr engine.

- Carmakers especially Maruti Suzuki is notorious for exploiting engine displacement. Look how they are selling vehicles over 10 lac with 1.3 engine. So it expected that if they are bringing this engine to India, any car with this engine would be above or close to 20 lacs. S-Cross with 1.6 ltr engine is priced close to 12 lacs. Hyundai selling car with 2.0 ltr between 21.6 to 23 lac.

- Another point is that authenticity of this report per se is suspect.

Last edited by Sip : 7th May 2017 at 09:49.
Sip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 10:48   #7339
BHPian
 
Sree73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 600
Thanked: 716 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

How to open the cabin lighting (Top - rear / front) glass cover for replacing the bulbs? Are those bulbs also of the base T-10 (Same as parking lamps)?

Last edited by Sree73 : 7th May 2017 at 10:49.
Sree73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 10:51   #7340
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,347
Thanked: 13,177 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
How to open the cabin lighting (Top - rear / front) glass cover for replacing the bulbs? Are those bulbs also of the base T-10 (Same as parking lamps)?
Hi Sree,

Check this post by me where I changed the OEM Festoon bulb to LED.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post3695406 (DIY Install: LED cabin lights for the Maruti Swift)

Currently using these LED's in my Swift:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post3784465 (DIY Install: LED cabin lights for the Maruti Swift)

Last edited by a4anurag : 7th May 2017 at 10:55.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 21:46   #7341
BHPian
 
911er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 80
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Which Nexa?
I have been refused auto-dimming on my Zeta by 3 Nexa dealers in Hyderabad.
Sorry, I know I'm a bit late but I just booked my 1.3 Zeta today in Mumbai and upgraded to the auto-dimming IVRMs at a cost of Rs. 6500. They're being offered on the official S-Cross Accessories list. Hope this helps!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Guys, like many other people I was not a fan of this chrome grill so finally done away with that now.

New frontal view of 'Highway Hooligan'
Looks much better than the chrome, IMO. How has this been done?
911er is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 22:18   #7342
Sip
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: HR 06
Posts: 162
Thanked: 164 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911er View Post
Looks much better than the chrome, IMO. How has this been done?
Hi 911er, congratulations on booking of 1.3 Zeta!

Like many other guys I have taped it up. Though I was told that tape might not hold over chrome for long but all this did cost me only 250 rupees. So even if I had to repeat, I can do it without any heartburn

Attaching a couple of pictures for better appreciation in case you decides to opt for the same.

EDIT:- Auto dimming IVRM is useful device IMHO as it reduces your botheration during night drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170507_220313.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170507_220156.jpg  


Last edited by Sip : 7th May 2017 at 22:25. Reason: Additional point
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 22:48   #7343
BHPian
 
911er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 80
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Hi 911er, congratulations on booking of 1.3 Zeta!

Like many other guys I have taped it up. Though I was told that tape might not hold over chrome for long but all this did cost me only 250 rupees. So even if I had to repeat, I can do it without any heartburn
Thank you and thanks for sharing the photos as well. This looks really good and it's on my list now.
911er is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 08:56   #7344
BHPian
 
sinharishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indirapuram,GZB
Posts: 357
Thanked: 506 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

So this happened a few mins back:




Getting the car towed to the SC. What can be the problem?
sinharishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 09:13   #7345
ike
BHPian
 
ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chennai/KL-08
Posts: 94
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I have booked an S cross Zeta 1.3, grey colour. They've promised delivery next week. I was promised an auto IRVM for free by the sales girl, but just now they called and informed that the auto IRVM cannot be fitted in an S cross. Why do they have it as an accessory then?

The NEXA booking experience was far from premium and very ordinary. They even charged me 220 INR for using credit card to book the car.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 09:40   #7346
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 97
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
I have booked an S cross Zeta 1.3, grey colour. They've promised delivery next week. I was promised an auto IRVM for free by the sales girl, but just now they called and informed that the auto IRVM cannot be fitted in an S cross. Why do they have it as an accessory then?

The NEXA booking experience was far from premium and very ordinary. They even charged me 220 INR for using credit card to book the car.
How much did it cost you otr and which city registered? Are you sure they said it cannot be fitted or if they meant they can't give it to you for free 😝?
SpoiledBratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 09:46   #7347
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,785
Thanked: 1,320 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
So this happened a few mins back:

Getting the car towed to the SC. What can be the problem?
Ohhh ! I suspect that the battery is the culprit, but I may be wrong. There are no warnings on the display, so does not seem something critical.

Before towing the car, did they inspect the battery or certain basic stuff, before concluding on towing?
ajay_satpute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 09:52   #7348
ike
BHPian
 
ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chennai/KL-08
Posts: 94
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
How much did it cost you otr and which city registered? Are you sure they said it cannot be fitted or if they meant they can't give it to you for free 😝?
Cost me 11.18 lacs OTR in Thrissur. This is inclusive of mudflaps, mats, a child seat(official Nexa accessory), illuminated scruff plates and auto IRVM.

Might as well ask them to supply the accessory and get it fitted from elsewhere?
ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 12:00   #7349
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TG
Posts: 686
Thanked: 340 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Cost me 11.18 lacs OTR in Thrissur. This is inclusive of mudflaps, mats, a child seat(official Nexa accessory), illuminated scruff plates and auto IRVM.

Might as well ask them to supply the accessory and get it fitted from elsewhere?
How will the power supply reach the IRVM in a Zeta?
That's why auto dimming IRVM cannot be affixed. Or, so is my thinking.
I think it is official Nexa accessory for Alpha for replacing if needed.
a4anurag had mentioned on this thread that dealers can affix it in Hyderabad but he has not been able to answer me as to which dealer told him so. I had tried 3 dealers and had got the same response that it is not possible.
hyd_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 13:29   #7350
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,295
Thanked: 413 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
How will the power supply reach the IRVM in a Zeta?
That's why auto dimming IRVM cannot be affixed. Or, so is my thinking.
I think it is official Nexa accessory for Alpha for replacing if needed.
a4anurag had mentioned on this thread that dealers can affix it in Hyderabad but he has not been able to answer me as to which dealer told him so. I had tried 3 dealers and had got the same response that it is not possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Cost me 11.18 lacs OTR in Thrissur. This is inclusive of mudflaps, mats, a child seat(official Nexa accessory), illuminated scruff plates and auto IRVM.

Might as well ask them to supply the accessory and get it fitted from elsewhere?
The nexa dealer in cochin, popular has fitted the auto irvm in my 1.3 zeta. The power cable is routed via the left hand A pillar to somewhere below the dash.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38) .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1220 25th July 2015 11:33
Fiat Avventura vs VW Cross Polo vs Toyota Etios Cross vs Ford EcoSport a4anurag Hatchbacks 14 16th July 2015 10:22
CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio devarshi84 What Car? 19 4th December 2014 03:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks