Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2015, 22:19   #841
BHPian
 
sapeco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Goa
Posts: 52
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
I believe Maruti should take some serious steps after this outrage to their pricing on almost every platform whether social media or forums such as team BHP.
The Gods are not smiling on MSIL at this moment. Lord Hanuman is not happy with the way the Maruti prefix has deleted by MSIL to re-invent the Suzuki brand as premium. The Maruti name is revered in India. I remember there was outrage when MSIL wanted to change the company name to Suzuki India Limited after it gained control of the company as a majority shareholder a few years back. As rockporiom has put it so many Management and Marketing blunders. The entire team should be fired ASAP and suitable marketing measures taken to avoid the S-Cross being a disaster.

In every country be it in Europe, North America or South America, Suzuki is a budget brand. What the hell were they thinkin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post

@MSIL @NEXA deleting negative comments won't help. Learn from negative feedback, because some of these were your potential customers that you have hurt.
Rockporiom, manipulation of social media is done by a lot of companies to avoid spread of negative publicity. Ford did it when people used to vent their frustration at the delay in Ecosport deliveries.

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th August 2015 at 22:54. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile users, thanks
sapeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 22:23   #842
Senior - BHPian
 
schakravarthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: KA 09 / KA 02
Posts: 1,118
Thanked: 3,023 Times
Default

Uncropped S-Cross price list handout I got over WhatsApp. Not even a teeny weeny mention of MS anywhere.

Name:  ForumRunner_20150806_222205.png
Views: 2994
Size:  718.3 KB
schakravarthy is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 22:30   #843
BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 683
Thanked: 2,634 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
May be I am over-reacting here. @Leoshashi please don't take my comments below personally since I am referring to the whole discussion in this thread. Please note I don't
own any of the Maruti products and I am not related to their sales department in any manner either.

Is team-bhp becoming a team-bashing forum when a new car arrives in the market? Come on. Why teach someone who is a volume master the lessons of how to do
Volume business.
I didn't take your comments personally Sir, rest assured!! We all are here to speak out our minds and that's what you did.

Now coming to the bashing thing, I agree my comments were straight out of the heart and a bit too hard to digest, but I am pained by Maruti not being able to get the right lesson. They avoid manufacturing components/vehicles citing low volumes, price it atrociously due to import taxes and then finally crib about not being perceived as the PREMIUM manufacturer.
Admit it, in our country, looks of a vehicle has a lot of say in success of a vehicle. For 17Lacs OTR Blore, all a person will hear is that he has bought a large hatch, and that he could have got a badi gaadi(aka sedan) or a PSEUDO SUV like Creta.

I agree that as a product, the S Cross has got a lot of merit, and I for one may consider one if I am ever in a market with 15 big ones, irespective of what people say.
But to the aam-junta who are not much informed about the pros, the S Cross may not appeal as much as a Creta or a Duster. Products in India don't sell on merits alone, if that would have been the case then cars like Old Jazz and new Fiesta would have sold in large numbers.

I would be happy if I am proved wrong and S Cross becomes a great success for Maruti Suzuki. To be honest, I am an ardent Maruti fan.


Regards

Last edited by Leoshashi : 6th August 2015 at 22:31.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 22:31   #844
Senior - BHPian
 
sourabhzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GURGAON
Posts: 1,390
Thanked: 1,088 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramesh.dtsam View Post
If it is genuine, can state government pull up MSIL misrepresenting the ex factory price for 2 different state as it hits their revenue also
Why will state pull up MSIL? This way the State will at least get some revenue which was a remote possibility if the price was not 'corrected'
sourabhzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 22:49   #845
BHPian
 
sandygordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 457
Thanked: 865 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Called the Nexa RM for pricing. He gave the numbers and beep, the phone was off. I called again, asked for the day when a TD is available. He said "shall inform'. Before I ask about where exactly the showroom is "Beep", he cuts the phone. Is this guy going to be my relationship manager through out my Nexa run. WOW. Really cool new age experience. Seems like the relationship will soon be in a crisis.

Sandygordon keeps his flowchart
Went and booked the Creta SX in red passion > sleek silver.
Now, only an impressive test drive performance by the 1.3 alpha or the 1.6 delta can change my plan. The RM is trying his best to to make me stick on to Creta.

I will be giving a few more days to MSIL to reconsider their pricing strategy.
Else I will go ahead with the Creta, which I think I ll get sometime in October.

C'mon S Cross. Impress me and make me lose my 3k I should pay as penalty for cancelling the Creta boking.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-sg.jpg  


Last edited by sandygordon : 6th August 2015 at 22:52.
sandygordon is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 23:29   #846
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 752 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashok View Post
Also, the Brake Pads shown are the Brake Shoes for the Drum Brakes, and not the pads for the Disc Brakes. The car has no Drum Brakes as far as I know.

Or am I smoking something ?
I believe the guys making the page are themselves in shock after the price announcement. MSIL should give one day holiday to their entire staff to recover from this shock.

BTW all of TBHP wants to know

WHAT ARE THESE GUYS AT MSIL SMOKING!?
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 23:30   #847
Senior - BHPian
 
rajeev k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Emerging Metro
Posts: 3,281
Thanked: 1,654 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Called the Nexa RM for pricing. He gave the numbers and beep, the phone was off. I called again, asked for the day when a TD is available. He said "shall inform'. Before I ask about where exactly the showroom is "Beep", he cuts the phone. Is this guy going to be my relationship manager through out my Nexa run. WOW. Really cool new age experience. Seems like the relationship will soon be in a crisis. on
Went and booked the Creta SX i think I ll get sometime in October.
Maruti mistimed the opening of Nexa dealerships. This should have coincided with the launch of the Ciaz. Now with Creta posing a big challenge, this type of devil-may-care attitude is not going to help Maruti's cause any wee bit.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 23:41   #848
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,385
Thanked: 9,862 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashok View Post

Also, the Brake Pads shown are the Brake Shoes for the Drum Brakes, and not the pads for the Disc Brakes. The car has no Drum Brakes as far as I know.

Or am I smoking something ?
Isn't it mentioned as Brake pads that used in Disc brakes?

I can't see any Brake shoes.

EDIT : Got your point.

Last edited by a4anurag : 6th August 2015 at 23:51.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 23:42   #849
BHPian
 
WRXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 251
Thanked: 285 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Admit it, in our country, looks of a vehicle has a lot of say in success of a vehicle. For 17Lacs OTR Blore, all a person will hear is that he has bought a large hatch, and that he could have got a badi gaadi(aka sedan) or a PSEUDO SUV like Creta.

I agree that as a product, the S Cross has got a lot of merit, and I for one may consider one if I am ever in a market with 15 big ones, irespective of what people say.
But to the aam-junta who are not much informed about the pros, the S Cross may not appeal as much as a Creta or a Duster. Products in India don't sell on merits alone, if that would have been the case then cars like Old Jazz and new Fiesta would have sold in large numbers.

I would be happy if I am proved wrong and S Cross becomes a great success for Maruti Suzuki. To be honest, I am an ardent Maruti fan.


Regards
Actually, very true and totally agree here.

I am surprised sometimes when I have to pay 10L and not get safety features as standard and it does hurt. Alternatively around 10 years back
I paid 16L and almost got everything what most of the cars don't have even today other than the touch screen may be!

I think it is lot to do with timing and market maturity at the time of launch to strike a balance. What scares me now a days is, are some of cars really worth the value in the long run? I don't know the answer and I am stunned at the available choices we have and prices we have to pay.

Maruti had been largely unsuccessful in their premium offerings all along and lets hope they have a real value add this time. And may be S-cross is not for all by the looks of it. And may be they didn't plan it that way either. Will it be a poor man's GLA or A180(not by looks definitely)? Need to wait and watch.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th August 2015 at 07:23. Reason: Formatting
WRXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 23:47   #850
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 752 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Isn't it mentioned as Brake pads that used in Disc brakes?

I can't see any Brake shoes.
What nashok means is the picture shown is of the brake shoe in a drum brake rather than brake pads.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 23:57   #851
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 755
Thanked: 544 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I saw a stall setup in one of the Tech Parks in Bangalore - Around lunch time there were ZERO people next to the cars (one Ciaz present as well, along with an S-Cross) - All three sales people were chatting sitting in the stall.

Doesn't bode well for Maruti / Nexa / S-Cross.

Unless the 1.6L engine has diamond piezo electric crystals in the engine, adamantium engine, unobatainium pistons and palladium powered batteries, it doesn't justify a 3L premium.

Kizashi, Vitara story continuing. (And we were all hoping the 1.6L engine will find its way to the Ciaz - Not at this price! )
sriramv.iyer is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 00:39   #852
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 752 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Just a wild idea if this is the price they have by importing only 33% of the car (which is mostly the Engine, gearbox and ECU) they could have done this with the kizashi and given it the 1.9 DDIS which does duty in the Vitara as well. The car could have been a giant success. Same could have been done with the Vitara as well.

Maybe at the same pricepoint at which the Kizashi was launched it would have been successful with the 1.9 DDIS. Maybe the DDIS 320 also could have been used in the Kizashi as well since it has good amounts of torque and power.

Last edited by rockporiom : 7th August 2015 at 00:41.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 01:19   #853
Newbie
 
Jaatree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 5
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

After looking at the atrocious pricing of S-Cross and Creta, I think I'm going to hold on to my Punto90 for some more time and would by a proper suv when I feel like. I'm no longer interested in these highly over priced hatch backs on stilts.
Jaatree is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 01:24   #854
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 156
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Just a wild idea if this is the price they have by importing only 33% of the car (which is mostly the Engine, gearbox and ECU) they could have done this with the kizashi and given it the 1.9 DDIS which does duty in the Vitara as well. The car could have been a giant success. Same could have been done with the Vitara as well.

Maybe at the same pricepoint at which the Kizashi was launched it would have been successful with the 1.9 DDIS. Maybe the DDIS 320 also could have been used in the Kizashi as well since it has good amounts of torque and power.
Hmm. If MSIL has to do Kizashi, for sure there will be some line of variants having DDiS200. Fortunately, MISL doesnt make Trucks/Buses, would be horrible to think a DDiS200 on them.

Jokes apart. All this adds merit to Fiat. Gems of engines, wide spread application. Sad that Fiat is not able to penetrate here much, with their brilliant machines, a good network would make them climb up faster.
sathya_g_m is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 01:31   #855
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 752 Times
Default Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
Hmm. If MSIL has to do Kizashi, for sure there will be some line of variants having DDiS200. Fortunately, MISL doesnt make Trucks/Buses, would be horrible to think a DDiS200 on them.

Jokes apart. All this adds merit to Fiat. Gems of engines, wide spread application. Sad that Fiat is not able to penetrate here much, with their brilliant machines, a good network would make them climb up faster.

If fiat manages to take advantage of the VW SUZUKI case which is under arbitration we could start seeing superbly stunning cars from both MSIL's and FCA's stables. Imagine a swift with a T-jet engine or a Punto with a superbly tuned PUNTO 75 and 90hp.

FIAT wake up and take advantage of this situation this may be your last shot at reviving things in India.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38) .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 1220 25th July 2015 11:33
Fiat Avventura vs VW Cross Polo vs Toyota Etios Cross vs Ford EcoSport a4anurag Hatchbacks 14 16th July 2015 10:22
CUV Wars: EcoSport vs Avventura vs Cross Polo vs Liva Cross vs Premier Rio devarshi84 What Car? 19 4th December 2014 03:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks