Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2015, 15:19   #196
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New Delhi+
Posts: 46
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
One one my colleague wants help in deciding between Creta 1.6 deisel and S Cross 1.6. His only question is - Capability wise, what is it that Creta can do but S Cross can not do and vice What is it that S Cross can do and Creta can not do?

Experts please help, I haven't test driven any of these cars.
Creta +ves :
1. Gives one an Uber feeling of being in a SUV-Stance vehicle
2. Looks, or shall i say demeaning looks!
3. Loaded to the hilt with goodies
4. Unlimited KMS warranty for 3 years

Creta -ves :
1. To expensive for a pseudo SUV.
2. Expect SX(o), each variant lacks something or the other feature froma variant above/below.
3. Steering is a lot better weighted vis-a-vis Speed , but still feels dead.

S-Cross +ves :
1. 1.6 motor is a devil on road. Torque quotient gives you a thud push.
2. Balanced ride which ozzes confidence while taking sharp steer turns.
3. Rear leg room
4. Goodies like, Bi-Xenon hedlamps , cruise control , Auto headlamp(first in a maruti!)

S-Cross -ves :
1.Makes you Think whether its a elongated Hatch or a crossover alias SUV!
2.Over expensive, 1.6 motor should have been priced 1-1.5 more as premium over 1.3 MJD.It is at an astonishing difference of 3 Lakh rupees.
3. Does'nt stand a candle before Creta Exterior/Interior. Looks are not Awe-inspiring.
4. Nexa premiumness is a question mark , will it work or bloom?

Hope this helps a bit!

Last edited by adik1984 : 3rd September 2015 at 15:22.
adik1984 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 16:26   #197
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: BLR, NSK
Posts: 112
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
One one my colleague wants help in deciding between Creta 1.6 deisel and S Cross 1.6. His only question is - Capability wise, what is it that Creta can do but S Cross can not do and vice What is it that S Cross can do and Creta can not do?

Experts please help, I haven't test driven any of these cars.
I am assuming that your friend is ok with the looks and price of both the vehicles since the question is capability wise which one is better between the two crossovers.

On Highways :
1. S-Cross is a better handler than Creta.
2. Ride quality will be slightly better than Creta.
3. Because of higher torque, high speed cruising will thump Creta.
4. All round discs in S-Cross against Disc-Drum combo of Creta.
5. On the other hand Creta gets 6 airbags & ESP (Top variant) which is a big plus on our highways.
6. 3 adults can sit comfortably on rear seat in S-Cross, Creta is strictly 2 adults + 1 child.

In city conditions :
1. Creta 1.6 is more easy to drive than S-Cross. 1.6 MJD will require some getting used to because of the turbo lag. Creta 1.6 is very linear.

If the requirement is more of a city car, Creta makes more sense. But for highways, S-Cross 1.6 will be a blast to drive.

Hope I added more to the confusion.
RoadSurfer is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 17:18   #198
BHPian
 
FarPatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 153
Thanked: 139 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Moralfibre, thanks for a very exhaustive review. However, I am a bit confused about your statement in post#6, where you said "The air intake is located just below the left side foglamp. Air thus travels up to the air box. From there, it goes to the turbo."
As far as I know, a turbocharger uses the exhaust gas to drive its turbine, which spins an air compressor that pushes extra air (and oxygen) into the cylinders, allowing them to burn more fuel each second. So the fresh air shouldn't come into play here right?

Sorry, I wasn't thinking straight. It obviously needs fresh air to compress and push into the cylinders. My bad.

Last edited by FarPatel : 3rd September 2015 at 17:24.
FarPatel is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 18:20   #199
BNM
BHPian
 
BNM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: KA 04/53
Posts: 218
Thanked: 470 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
2. Ride quality will be slightly better than Creta.
The guy who is seeking advice hopes to hear from people who have driven both the vehicles. (Experts please help, I haven't test driven any of these cars.)

The "Will be" in the above statement sounds like you are guessing or stating based on other reviews. If you have driven both the vehicles it has to affirmative like "Is" better.

Last edited by BNM : 3rd September 2015 at 18:22.
BNM is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 19:27   #200
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: BLR, NSK
Posts: 112
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
The guy who is seeking advice hopes to hear from people who have driven both the vehicles. (Experts please help, I haven't test driven any of these cars.)

The "Will be" in the above statement sounds like you are guessing or stating based on other reviews. If you have driven both the vehicles it has to affirmative like "Is" better.
The "will be" here is considering he test drives both the vehicles himself. I have given my experience in that post after test driving S-Cross against a friend"s Creta.
RoadSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 19:56   #201
Senior - BHPian
 
romeomidhun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,382
Thanked: 1,402 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
The "Will be" in the above statement sounds like you are guessing or stating based on other reviews. If you have driven both the vehicles it has to affirmative like "Is" better.
Do you think Creta better than anything else here?
romeomidhun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 23:25   #202
BNM
BHPian
 
BNM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: KA 04/53
Posts: 218
Thanked: 470 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
The "will be" here is considering he test drives both the vehicles himself. I have given my experience in that post after test driving S-Cross against a friend"s Creta.
Great. Was your TD as extensive as the Mods get to perform or is it based on the standard 2km TD that the dealers offer ?
BNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 23:40   #203
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,418
Thanked: 9,317 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Have taken both vehicles for a test drive on the same route and the ride quality is better in the Creta. S-Cross is still good though- and it is a bit better to drive at speeds than the Creta, but it did not feel as luxurious as the Creta at city speeds.

My wife who was sitting at the rear of the Creta during the drives commented it's even better than our Punto, while in the S-Cross she was a bit unhappy with the slow speed stiffness.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 07:38   #204
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Any idea about the recommended/ ideal tyre pressure for the stock 17" wheels on the Creta SX(O)? The vehicle would be driven with a maximum of two occupants most of the time!

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 4th September 2015 at 07:40.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 08:22   #205
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: BLR, NSK
Posts: 112
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Great. Was your TD as extensive as the Mods get to perform or is it based on the standard 2km TD that the dealers offer ?
No, I didn't had the privilege to do a TD like our Mods, but surely will like to.
It was around 8kms drive. Creta ride is a little softer when compared to S-Cross. As a driver, I like it that way, hence the comment. Ride quality can be subjective just like looks and also depends upon where one is seated inside the car.
If you don't agree with me about the ride quality, it is perfectly fine. I just shared my experience and in no way I am saying S-Cross is better vehicle than Creta or vice-a-versa.
RoadSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 08:31   #206
BNM
BHPian
 
BNM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: KA 04/53
Posts: 218
Thanked: 470 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
No, I didn't had the privilege to do a TD like our Mods, but surely will like to.
It was around 8kms drive. Creta ride is a little softer when compared to S-Cross. As a driver, I like it that way, hence the comment. Ride quality can be subjective just like looks and also depends upon where one is seated inside the car.
If you don't agree with me about the ride quality, it is perfectly fine. I just shared my experience and in no way I am saying S-Cross is better vehicle than Creta or vice-a-versa.
Please don't get me wrong. I haven't even driven the S Cross. If I do, I am sure I will get only the standard 2Km drive until all the excitement dies down. I was only wondering how we can figure out so much in such small drives.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 08:45   #207
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: BLR, NSK
Posts: 112
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Please don't get me wrong. I haven't even driven the S Cross. If I do, I am sure I will get only the standard 2Km drive until all the excitement dies down. I was only wondering how we can figure out so much in such small drives.
You are right that it's difficult to figure out all the things in small TDs. But what other option do we have have currently?
Also I checked your ownership thread of the Red beauty. You have changed the stock tyres to 215/55 R17 Michelin P3 ST. My guess is, there will be no difference in the ride quality when compared to S-Cross with these tires, because they would have made your ride just a little stiffer (very marginal).

Last edited by RoadSurfer : 4th September 2015 at 08:57. Reason: Punctuations added
RoadSurfer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 09:07   #208
BNM
BHPian
 
BNM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: KA 04/53
Posts: 218
Thanked: 470 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
You are right that its difficult to figure out all the things in small TDs. But what other option do we have have currently?
We can only request the mods on this forum to write some elaborate shoot out reviews between new cars.

While there are very elaborate individual reviews for both the S Cross and Creta and an extended section immediately after the main reviews comparing with immediate competition - mostly 6 to 8 bullet points (What you will like and What you don't), there is still a vacuum when you want to compare feature by feature, drive and handling characteristics in detail.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 12:07   #209
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,848
Thanked: 3,227 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Any idea about the recommended/ ideal tyre pressure for the stock 17" wheels on the Creta SX(O)? The vehicle would be driven with a maximum of two occupants most of the time!
When you open the driver side door, you will see a sticker with the tyre pressure details. It is 33 psi for largely 2 occupants and 36 psi for a car carrying full load

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Have taken both vehicles for a test drive on the same route and the ride quality is better in the Creta. S-Cross is still good though- and it is a bit better to drive at speeds than the Creta, but it did not feel as luxurious as the Creta at city speeds.

My wife who was sitting at the rear of the Creta during the drives commented it's even better than our Punto, while in the S-Cross she was a bit unhappy with the slow speed stiffness.
The ride quality of the Creta is amazing. Hyundai have improved this by a big leap. A lady sitting in the back would be a very good judge, as they are not bogged down with technical aspects.


Driving the Creta in the city is a breeze. You can drive at 1200 rpm @ 40 kmph on 4 gear, without missing a beat.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 12:18   #210
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,467
Thanked: 3,454 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
However, I am a bit confused about your statement in post#6, where you said "The air intake is located just below the left side foglamp. Air thus travels up to the air box. From there, it goes to the turbo."
I'm quite sure that the air intake is NOT located below the left side fog lamp or anywhere low on any engine option of the Creta - whether it is the 1.6 CRDi or 1.4 CRDi diesels, or the 1.6 Gamma petrol.

The beginning of the air intake is located behind the top of the front grille, on the side where the battery is located. In one of my earlier posts, I had marked the beginning of the air intake:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3785739 (Hyundai Creta : Official Review)

It's so easy to think the air intake starts somewhere low because of the convoluted, serpentine path it follows. But let there be no doubt that the beginning is located high up, making it immune to sucking up water on flooded or badly water-logged roads.

This is how the air intake of Elantra 1.6 CRDi looks (the same engine is shared with Creta and Verna). Note the high placement of the air intake (behind the air intake shield, placed on the top of the front grille), before the duct embarks on its convoluted path:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 3898
Size:  81.2 KB

Image courtesy: 99rpm.com

Since the Creta has an exactly similar component behind the top of the front grille, connected to the serpentine air duct, there is no doubt that it is indeed the air intake.

I request the moderators to make the necessary change in the review.

Last edited by RSR : 4th September 2015 at 12:31.
RSR is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol - Discovering my true call RavenAvi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 274 10th December 2016 10:31
It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O) naveen.raju Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 197 11th October 2016 10:57
Preview: Hyundai Creta .anshuman Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 1738 23rd August 2015 14:42
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta _raVan_ The Indian Car Scene 702 30th June 2015 14:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks