Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2016, 22:09   #841
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 54
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Yes it really is a very bad practice. The dealer wont even mind losing customers.
Hyundai customer care is pathetic. Nothing will happen if you file a compliant. They will pass it on to the dealer and dealer will close the case. Thats what happened in my case when I opened a case with dealer 1. I kept following up but nobody called me back. However dealer 2 agreed to outside insurance during booking (I didn't file any complaint here) and I was pleasantly surprised. During delivery, they did insist on in house insurance. But finally agreed to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath14 View Post
For starters, you may file a complaint with Hyundai and get a ref number. They would in turn touch base with the dealership who in turn will follow up with you. But make sure the dealership doesn't delay your allotment citing this.

Hyundai Customer Care: 9873564645

Good luck!
adithya.kp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 20:26   #842
BHPian
 
DuHasstMich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pune,Delhi
Posts: 65
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Any user discovered features so far? Specially interested in atleast the speed sensing door locks.
Was able to enable them for my 1st gen i20 after reading on the forum!
DuHasstMich is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 22:18   #843
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore/US
Posts: 93
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Hyundai is planning to launch petrol automatic for Creta and i20. No timelines yet though. They expect automatics to be 30% of the orders, and are not interested in AMT.

Hyundai Creta petrol automatic launch soon; Elite i20 automatic to follow shortly
sanchari is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2016, 15:50   #844
Newbie
 
kmsithan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 23
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

I did the second Free service today at Advaith Hyundai (Odo was at 10550 KMS). Total charges came to INR 4500 which includes Oil change, Wheel alignment, balancing, air and oil filter.

I felt this is bit expensive for a free service as I remember reading the charges around 2.5K for second free service in the ownership threads.

Anyone know whether the wheel alignment/balancing are included in free service or not?
kmsithan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 07:22   #845
BHPian
 
Arjun Reddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 474
Thanked: 450 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
I did the second Free service today at Advaith Hyundai (Odo was at 10550 KMS). Total charges came to INR 4500 which includes Oil change, Wheel alignment, balancing, air and oil filter.



I felt this is bit expensive for a free service as I remember reading the charges around 2.5K for second free service in the ownership threads.



Anyone know whether the wheel alignment/balancing are included in free service or not?

Free service means that labour is not charged. All the other consumables are charged. You do not get alignment free. 4.5k seems to be a standard. I paid around the same for my second service of the Elantra.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 14:14   #846
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
For low mileage users, the SX+ AT Petrol with its child seat mounts, powerfold mirrors, rear view camera and the super looking alloys is a very welcome addition.
Now if only they add 6 airbags to the AT variant of Petrol. That would just clinch the deal, making it SX(O) AT.
sngautam is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 16:43   #847
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,544
Thanked: 2,536 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
I did the second Free service today at Advaith Hyundai (Odo was at 10550 KMS). Total charges came to INR 4500 which includes Oil change, Wheel alignment, balancing, air and oil filter.

I felt this is bit expensive for a free service as I remember reading the charges around 2.5K for second free service in the ownership threads.

Anyone know whether the wheel alignment/balancing are included in free service or not?
Yes, it's a bit expensive. Even if you throw around 1k for alignment and balancing (Dont think they do balancing), the maximum would be 1k. Here's the report of my service. Can you share your bill details.

1) Engine oil - 5.3L x 258.5 = 1370
2) Air Filter - 301.4
3) Oil Filter - 400.1
4) Gasket oil plug - 33.6
5) Windshield Washer - 3 x 18 = 54

Total Bill - 2400 including tax
naveen.raju is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 14:37   #848
Newbie
 
kmsithan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 23
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Can you share your bill details.
Here is my bill details

1) Engine oil - 5.3L x 269.8 = 1430.1
2) Air Filter - 301.4
3) Oil Filter - 400.1
4) MAG wheel weights - 151.9
5) Consumables - 220.6
Total + VAT,ST on X amt +VAT on Y amt
2504.12 + 47.97 + 331.12 = 2883.21
Labour & Service
1.Wheel Balancing Each wheel (5) =650
2. Wbee, Alignment (1) = 715
3. Free Service (1) = 0
Total+ ST
1365+197.93 = 1562.93

2883.21 + 1562 = 4446

Other points that does not build trust with the service center are:

1. I checked the air pressure after ther service was done and it was random value for each tire (28,31,26,28). I cant believe that they have done wheel balancing with random air pressure.

2. Balancing is charged for 5 wheels and I doubt whether they have removed the spare wheel and did balancing on it?

3. It is a 4 wheel alignment as the spare is a non-alloy wheel. I did not get the alignment result sheet. (I can't make out much on that sheet. But I would expect they should have given it to me. I am goingto check this one with the service center)
kmsithan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 21:14   #849
BHPian
 
xtremeshock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 337
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Not got my car and already facing issues with V3 Hyundai Chennai.

On booking the New Creta we were selling my Chevrolet Magnum 1.6LS Petrol to V3 Hyundai. Mr. Perumal from Hyundai came and inspected the car and after a bit of haggling we had agreed to 2.70L which I thought was a good deal and gave the OK. The person came and collected the cars original papers, I needed the car for 3 days as my other car had gone for service so I asked him to hold on for picking the car. Once I gave the go-ahead, the person had come with a cheque for the said amount and he took the car after giving me the delivery note.

Till here everything is OK. Now when Mr. Perumal reached his office after taking my car he called after 1hour saying that there is a big mistake, he thought that this was a diesel car and he offered accordingly (the person had come inspected the car thoroughly and even the RC Book had mentioned petrol) , in the meanwhile I had already deposited the cheque in the Bank, his manager Mr. Elango also spoke to me that we cannot accept this car we are returning it (in a very rude tone as if we had tried to do a fraud on him) Mr. Perumal then came home returned the car and went back after saying a thousand apologies. We had still accepted in taking the car back.

After all this we found out that he had not brought the car original papers with him and V3 Hyundai had done a stop payment on the cheque (we in all honesty thought that we will return the money and sell the car online or somewhere else) It has been 3 days now still they have not brought back the original papers nor have Mr. Elango and Mr. Perumal bothered to call to return back the papers.

My lawyer is suggesting to put a Fraud case on them, which I want to avoid.

Very taken aback by the attiitude of the Manager Mr. Elango and his lack of interest in their own mistake.

Also have been informed by V3 that my car maybe here earlier than expected, so now there is a conflict of interest.

Any suggestions??

TIA
M
xtremeshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 13:21   #850
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Not got my car and already facing issues with V3 Hyundai Chennai.

On booking the New Creta we were selling my Chevrolet Magnum 1.6LS Petrol to V3 Hyundai. Mr. Perumal from Hyundai came and inspected the car and after a bit of haggling we had agreed to 2.70L which I thought was a good deal and gave the OK. The person came and collected the cars original papers, I needed the car for 3 days as my other car had gone for service so I asked him to hold on for picking the car. Once I gave the go-ahead, the person had come with a cheque for the said amount and he took the car after giving me the delivery note.

Till here everything is OK. Now when Mr. Perumal reached his office after taking my car he called after 1hour saying that there is a big mistake, he thought that this was a diesel car and he offered accordingly (the person had come inspected the car thoroughly and even the RC Book had mentioned petrol) , in the meanwhile I had already deposited the cheque in the Bank, his manager Mr. Elango also spoke to me that we cannot accept this car we are returning it (in a very rude tone as if we had tried to do a fraud on him) Mr. Perumal then came home returned the car and went back after saying a thousand apologies. We had still accepted in taking the car back.

After all this we found out that he had not brought the car original papers with him and V3 Hyundai had done a stop payment on the cheque (we in all honesty thought that we will return the money and sell the car online or somewhere else) It has been 3 days now still they have not brought back the original papers nor have Mr. Elango and Mr. Perumal bothered to call to return back the papers.

My lawyer is suggesting to put a Fraud case on them, which I want to avoid.

Very taken aback by the attiitude of the Manager Mr. Elango and his lack of interest in their own mistake.

Also have been informed by V3 that my car maybe here earlier than expected, so now there is a conflict of interest.

Any suggestions??

TIA
M
This dealership is fraudulent and deserves to be taken to task. If I were you, I would have not accepted the car back in the first place. They ought to be professional in their deals. Nevertheless you could still write to them to take the car back and honour their commitment. If possible, go park the car at their dealership, leave the key with the top guy there, and leave.

If not, go by what your lawyer says, complain to Hyundai for records, cancel your new car booking and book with another dealership.

HMIL South 1 Regional Office
(Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, A&N) Sales Support Ms Avanti 044-42204632 210151@hmil.net
bharath14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 16:14   #851
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,059
Thanked: 2,189 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath14 View Post
This dealership is fraudulent and deserves to be taken to task. If I were you, I would have not accepted the car back in the first place. They ought to be professional in their deals. Nevertheless you could still write to them to take the car back and honour their commitment. If possible, go park the car at their dealership, leave the key with the top guy there, and leave.

If not, go by what your lawyer says, complain to Hyundai for records, cancel your new car booking and book with another dealership.

HMIL South 1 Regional Office
(Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, A&N) Sales Support Ms Avanti 044-42204632 210151@hmil.net
The dealership may refuse the refund the booking amount and adjust against the car being returned to them so if taking this approach that may eb an issue.

Yep inform Hyundai and ask for resolution. Else file a case.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 17:28   #852
BHPian
 
xtremeshock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 337
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath14 View Post
This dealership is fraudulent and deserves to be taken to task. If I were you, I would have not accepted the car back in the first place.

If not, go by what your lawyer says, complain to Hyundai for records, cancel your new car booking and book with another dealership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The dealership may refuse the refund the booking amount and adjust against the car being returned to them so if taking this approach that may eb an issue.

Yep inform Hyundai and ask for resolution. Else file a case.
Thanks for the help and support. Yes I agree, I should not have taken the car back, but the issue was they did a stop payment on the cheque. So no money and no car would have have not been a good position to be in. Anyways this car will not be an exchange with the Creta as both will be in different names.

So the latest development is that a close friend knows the owner of V3 Hyundai, he was very apologetic and he had mentioned that this was a blatant overlook by his staff, and no matter how much he tries he could not sell the car at the mentioned price. He has made a counter offer of 1.75L to which I disagreed.

I personally feel that going the legal route will unnecessarily create problems in the process I wont be able to sell the car to someone else, I have however asked them to give a few freebies as compensation. Lets see if they hold on to their commitment.

Will try to sell the car on my own and try to get a better deal. Have listed my car on T-BHP, so far have been lucky enough to sell 2 cars and 1 bike on T-BHP, lets see if i'm lucky this time as well.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...et/Optra.html/
xtremeshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 18:25   #853
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post

I personally feel that going the legal route will unnecessarily create problems in the process I wont be able to sell the car to someone else, I have however asked them to give a few freebies as compensation. Lets see if they hold on to their commitment.

sale/50888/ECR,%20Chennai/2009/Chevrolet/Optra.html/[/url]
Please ask for a written commitment from a senior manager there. They commit to some items and on delivery claim its not available with Hyundai. Hope they don't retort to such tricks in you case.

On a brighter note, I just got back from an unplanned 1000 km 2 day trip to Coimbatore and was amazed by the way the Creta AT performed exceeding my expectations.

The engine is a gem and is happy to be revved, braking is excellent, steering and the ride is stable at all speeds. Was a delight! Of course handling around corners at higher speeds was not sedan like, but thats expected and I m not complaining.

The car goes for first service tomorrow.

Hope you get things sorted and get to enjoy the car soon!
bharath14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 09:46   #854
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 6
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now9084 View Post
Hi Bharath, many thanks for the compliment. Yes, I do think it adds to the appeal of an already very good looking car. Honestly, I wasn't too keen on the sideboard or the rear-guard, but this was a "loaded" car which could be given out for delivery immediately, so I took it up. In retrospect, I think it's a good decision - while I don't think it's absolutely necessary to have the side-board, I think it does help and would certainly help when my parents are using the vehicle. And like you said, adds to the looks
@ bharath14...
I would not suggest side running boards if you have side airbags (6 airbags).. Kindly check with Hyundai or some experts before installing. The airbags sensors may not work and allow the airbags to deploy.
karan72510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 10:18   #855
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Hi Karan,
Mine is the SX+ that only has dual airbags.
Any which ways, I have decided not to install running boards.

Cheers
bharath14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O) naveen.raju Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 197 11th October 2016 10:57
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol - Discovering my true call RavenAvi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 271 10th October 2016 11:24
Preview: Hyundai Creta .anshuman Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 1738 23rd August 2015 14:42
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta _raVan_ The Indian Car Scene 702 30th June 2015 14:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks