Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2016, 19:02   #1006
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,162
Thanked: 5,049 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

The waiting period is not the same for all colours & variants. Some particular variants / colours will have a lesser waiting period compared to some other variants. Now, this can also differ based on locations / dealerships & the bookings they have & the variants they have been dispatched so far.

Plus, there will always be huge bookings for a new product at the time of launch or for the next couple of months after the launch. So taking an average & extrapolating it after an year of launch / expecting the same average bookings every month wouldn't be a correct approach.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th June 2016 at 19:05.
swiftnfurious is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 21:13   #1007
BHPian
 
Sebring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 296
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

India exported Cretas are really popular in the UAE. Interestingly I caught this gorgeous mustard colour, must be an export colour only.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Sebring : 8th June 2016 at 21:15. Reason: forgot to add pic
Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2016, 06:27   #1008
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 91
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Hi Friends, For Creta 1.4CRDI, is it ok to Upgrade to 17 inch tires (profile width 215 60 17) , will that affect any performance, milage or ride quality . Please let me know if I need to stick to 16 inch.
Veels n Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2016, 15:46   #1009
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,675
Thanked: 931 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
Hi Friends, For Creta 1.4CRDI, is it ok to Upgrade to 17 inch tires (profile width 215 60 17) , will that affect any performance, milage or ride quality . Please let me know if I need to stick to 16 inch.
Of course you can upgrade to 17 inch alloys. Just ensure that the over diameter of the alloy+Tyre do not change much.

Having test driven both the 16 and 17 inch equipped Cretas, i felt that the car with 17 inch alloys actually drove better.

Do post pics of the mods.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2016, 13:11   #1010
Newbie
 
kmsithan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 23
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
7 Creta Stolen from Showroom in Chennai We also came to know that they abandoned five cars near Royala Nagar and police started their's investigation.
Interesting, update on this incident :
The keys left on the car door and the petrol filled in the tanks meant to enable quicker shifting of the cars to showrooms came in handy for the robbers.
The police patrol prompted them to flee when they were fixing fake number plates.
kmsithan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2016, 14:23   #1011
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,675
Thanked: 931 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
Interesting, update on this incident :
The keys left on the car door and the petrol filled in the tanks meant to enable quicker shifting of the cars to showrooms came in handy for the robbers.
The police patrol prompted them to flee when they were fixing fake number plates.
There is a separate thread on this incident http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-showroom.html (Car heist: 7 Hyundai Cretas stolen in predawn raid on Chennai showroom)

All the cars have been recovered. A brilliant idea to earn quick money, but very shallow planning and extremely bad execution.
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2016, 19:17   #1012
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Delhi, Gurgaon
Posts: 70
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Hyundai dealer in Ghaziabad has a red Creta diesel automatic readily available (being delivered tomorrow). PM me if anyone is interested and wants the dealer details.
reddevilgautam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 09:46   #1013
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 438
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Do you guys think the price of the Creta (and other cars too) will increase after implementation of the 7th pay commission?

I am in a bit of a tight budget right now and am torn between buying this car now or buying a few months down the line. If the price will increase substantially after pay commission it will make financial sense to go for it now.
Guite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 14:25   #1014
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,675
Thanked: 931 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Do you guys think the price of the Creta (and other cars too) will increase after implementation of the 7th pay commission?

I am in a bit of a tight budget right now and am torn between buying this car now or buying a few months down the line. If the price will increase substantially after pay commission it will make financial sense to go for it now.
Is there an indication of prices going up after the 7th Pay commission?
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 15:11   #1015
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 4,123
Thanked: 16,646 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Do you guys think the price of the Creta (and other cars too) will increase after implementation of the 7th pay commission?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Is there an indication of prices going up after the 7th Pay commission?
Not sure about the 7th Pay Commission (since we have already received our backdated arrears and our salaries have been increased, effective April 2016), but the impending GST bill will definitely see Creta's prices increased by a maximum of 7%, once it is effective.

Crossover "SUV" + two engine sizes over 1,500cc + over 4 meters in length.

Best time to buy the car is before the GST comes into effect. The bill is scheduled to be put up before the Parliament during their Monsoon session for approval. Once approved, it might come into force by early 2017. (link)

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th June 2016 at 15:13.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 16:03   #1016
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,675
Thanked: 931 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Not sure about the 7th Pay Commission (since we have already received our backdated arrears and our salaries have been increased, effective April 2016), but the impending GST bill will definitely see Creta's prices increased by a maximum of 7%, once it is effective.

Crossover "SUV" + two engine sizes over 1,500cc + over 4 meters in length.

Best time to buy the car is before the GST comes into effect. The bill is scheduled to be put up before the Parliament during their Monsoon session for approval. Once approved, it might come into force by early 2017. (link)
The way things are going, i think an Alto will very soon cost over 10 Lakhs.

Update on my booking
Called up my SA an hour back to check with him the status of my 12 day old booking.

He informed me that the production of Sleek Silver SX(O) is scheduled for next week. He said that White SX(O) and Stardust SX(O) are readily available in stock at the factory and can be despatched tomorrow if i change the colour to one of those.

Since Silver has been the colour of all my Daily-Use Cars (Santro, Fusion and now Fiesta), i decided against changing from Sleek Silver. Hope to get the car by the last week of June...

I also asked the SA, what would Hyundai do with the 7 stolen cars that were recovered. He said that the 7 cars are being returned to the factory. As the VIN has been registered with the cops, they cannot sell it. The factory will use it for "Internal Transportation"

After booking the car, the communication with the SA, has become very clear. This i feel is because i booked the car with Hyundai Motor Plaza which is owned and operated by Hyundai India. I can't understand why other car manufactures cannot follow this simple strategy? By eliminating the middle man, the manufactures can get additional margins and we customers are treated well.

Last edited by MAS : 16th June 2016 at 16:06.
MAS is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 21:14   #1017
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 438
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Not sure about the 7th Pay Commission (since we have already received our backdated arrears and our salaries have been increased, effective April 2016), but the impending GST bill will definitely see Creta's prices increased by a maximum of 7%, once it is effective.

Crossover "SUV" + two engine sizes over 1,500cc + over 4 meters in length.
My question was more with respect to market forces. I thought with more cash in the hand of consumers immediately after pay commission implementation prices of commodities and goods will increase, including vehicle prices.
Guite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 01:21   #1018
BHPian
 
slicvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: KA 19
Posts: 612
Thanked: 271 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post

Update on my booking
Called up my SA an hour back to check with him the status of my 12 day old booking.

He informed me that the production of Sleek Silver SX(O) is scheduled for next week. He said that White SX(O) and Stardust SX(O) are readily available in stock at the factory and can be despatched tomorrow if i change the colour to one of those.
Really like the way Hyundai dealers function in this regard

I got a call from my dealer, coincidentally it has been 12 days since i booked too.

The car was apparently off the production line today and will be in the truck tomorrow.
Expected transit time 4 days
slicvic is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 02:26   #1019
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,162
Thanked: 5,049 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Good to see quick (potential) deliveries of Creta for some customers. What's the current general waiting period quoted for the vehicle? Should be less than 2 months I presume?
swiftnfurious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 04:51   #1020
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,675
Thanked: 931 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Really like the way Hyundai dealers function in this regard

I got a call from my dealer, coincidentally it has been 12 days since i booked too.

The car was apparently off the production line today and will be in the truck tomorrow.
Expected transit time 4 days
Congrats. Wish you a million miles of joy and happiness. Which variant, colour and heart did you opt for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Good to see quick (potential) deliveries of Creta for some customers. What's the current general waiting period quoted for the vehicle? Should be less than 2 months I presume?
The waiting period depends on the colour and variant opted for. The standard waiting period mentioned in the order form is 12 weeks, but in reality, it seems to be between 2 - 4 weeks. Plus the transit time.

If i had opted for White, the car would have been delivered this weekend, but as i stuck to Sleek Silver, things are taking longer. But, it also means that i will get my car hot from the oven. White seems to be the most popular colour for the Creta...
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O) naveen.raju Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 197 11th October 2016 10:57
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol - Discovering my true call RavenAvi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 271 10th October 2016 11:24
Preview: Hyundai Creta .anshuman Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 1738 23rd August 2015 14:42
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta _raVan_ The Indian Car Scene 702 30th June 2015 14:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks