Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 30th September 2015, 19:48   #151
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Ford India has discouraged upsizing of tyres / rims for Ford Aspire. This has been confirmed by their email i.e.
"Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Ford India.

We appreciate the time you have taken to write to us. We have noted down the contents of your mail.

We wish to inform you that we only recommend 14” Alloy wheels as per the Ford approved tyres .as that these are tested and validated as per specifications.

If the vehicle is fitted with any non-ford approved accessories or parts it could cause serious consequential damage to the other related parts, thus hampering performance, the warranty also becomes null and void in these circumstances.

Request your understanding on this"

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st October 2015 at 18:35. Reason: Indenting quote :)
dpkbehera is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 20:02   #152
Senior - BHPian

Come on, which Indian Car Maker is going to send a written e-mail saying, "Wow great to know you are upgrading the tyres which offer better grip (considering how powerful we've made the car you know) than what we are giving as standard. Really excited. Do share us the pictures once you have swapped"?
kiku007 is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 23:15   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Come on, which Indian Car Maker is going to send a written e-mail saying, "Wow great to know you are upgrading the tyres which offer better grip (considering how powerful we've made the car you know) than what we are giving as standard. Really excited. Do share us the pictures once you have swapped"?
Completely Agree. When you buy a car from any manufacturer, it takes about 6-12 months to get a confirmation that you haven't been sold a lemon

Once this confirmation seeps in then warranty doesn't really play such an important role when it comes to some trivial mods like upsizing 1" rims

For the brave, it anyways doesn't matter and they upsize it right after delivery

Having said that the Aspire begs a 195 profile on 15" rims to show its true potential...SIGH !!!
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 01:34   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
Chennai ford owners, what are your thoughts on the A.S.S of MPL Ford? Is it good or will I hate my every service visit? Please let me know.
Aspire is a good choice for your upgrade and hoping that you will have it by your side very soon. I would say the customer service at MPL is not that great compared to Chennai Ford(Arumbakkam) and also had seen few unpleasant situations happening at Vadapalani MPL Service station. Thankfully my service visits are good till date with MPL. I guess MPL Ford provide more offers than Chennai ford. Please check with both the dealers for the prices and discounts to compare and arrive at a conclusion.

Happy Shopping!
Johnnny is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 11:33   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
8. The SA told me that warranty would be voided if I upgrade the tyre size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Ford India has discouraged upsizing of tyres / rims for Ford Aspire. This has been confirmed by their email
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Having said that the Aspire begs a 195 profile on 15" rims to show its true potential
I don't get this. What's the big deal that Ford says upsizing to 15" rims will void warranty?!

Doesn't their own official TPI chart stuck on the car have the TP options for tyres mounted on 15" rims?! This is plain weird.

PS: I believe the ANHC, too, came in with this silly condition at the time of its launch.
Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 12:29   #156
SJN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post

This I have experienced on this weekend at Planet Ford, Satara Road. It was completely empty with 2 or 3 test-drive cars (2 aspires and 1 ecosport). Not a single car inside the showroom.

When enquired about Figo, was told that might receive the cars in 8-10 days. This when, I had called up Talera Ford in PCMC (near my office) and they already had Figo on Friday!

To add to what Figopian is saying, the SA kept mentioning about Sai Laxmi Ford being it's sister company or something.

I don't know, but it seems it's better to keep away from Planet Ford then?
Last month when I called up Planet Ford, they told me bluntly that they are not sure when they will get Aspire for TD and I can check out the other dealers. I did the TD from Talera for the AT version but somehow was not happy with their customer service (Take it or leave it attitude!).

So I checked out Sai Sakshi Ford near Bhumkar Chowk and ended up booking Aspire from there. The SA there told me that Planet Ford has some financial trouble and in the long run will be merged with Sai Sakshi Ford.
SJN is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 12:47   #157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
I don't get this. What's the big deal that Ford says upsizing to 15" rims will void warranty?!
If its not a big deal, then you shouldn't be worried about it. Please go ahead and upsize to 15" rims and if something goes wrong Ford will not honor your warranty and you should be prepared for that consequence as they have given their stand in writing

Had it been a Hyundai or a Maruti, I would have upsized from Day 1. But, knowing Ford, its better to be safe than sorry

My next set of tires will be shod on 15" so waiting for 30-35K kms to come up soon
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 18:41   #158
BHPian

Ford continues to have a stable run for September, going by domestic sales figure compared to August (8,331) they seem to have sold 57 units less last month (8,274). Would be interesting to see if Figo Aspire has climbed past the initial euphoria and some early bookings for the new Figo would be also added to the mix.

http://www.autocarpro.in/news-nation...september-9411
KreativeGeek is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 20:10   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Ford continues to have a stable run for September, going by domestic sales figure compared to August (8,331) they seem to have sold 57 units less last month (8,274). Would be interesting to see if Figo Aspire has climbed past the initial euphoria and some early bookings for the new Figo would be also added to the mix.

http://www.autocarpro.in/news-nation...september-9411
I think we might see a marginal variation in the numbers of Aspire, a dip in numbers for Ecosport and a few hundreds for Figo this september. It will be the month of october where these numbers will take a spike. The fact that Aspire has been able to sustain numbers (guess) in september is a good sign.
dpkbehera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 20:18   #160
BHPian

Kairali Ford Kochi delivered my ruby red 1.5 TDCI Titanium today. Below is the total damage
Name:  car.JPG
Views: 5593
Size:  63.7 KB

Tomorrow it will go to 3M for under body coating,Noodle mat ,exhaust coating and PPF. I expect this to cost another 17K approx after the 10% discount. Sorry dont have any pictures now will post later

Last edited by castiel : 1st October 2015 at 20:37.
castiel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 22:40   #161
BHPian

Congrats on the car Castiel. That insurance is damn cheap - which company is it from. just 13,500 for b -b with an IDV of 7,80,000. Wow.

I remember seeing a Coimbatore price list that had around 30k for insurance and 80,000 for Registration. How did u manage to get it so low.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2015, 03:41   #162
BHPian

It is from new India. They quoted 16800 first, when i saw fellow member The rationalist got for 13800 from oriental i negotiated further to get this rate.
So thanks to Team bhp for getting this cheap
castiel is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2015, 09:17   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by castiel View Post
It is from new India
That gives me hope for negotiation.
BTW How did u discount the registration charges.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th October 2015 at 18:05. Reason: Video link not working. Removed.
samaspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2015, 09:42   #164
BHPian

Sam

In Kerala the registration charges are 8% so the figure above is correct. The NVH level in Diesel also is very low.This is what convinced my Father who wanted a Maruti. Also with the light steering it is super easy for him to drive through traffic and narrow lanes
castiel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2015, 16:08   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by castiel View Post
It is from new India. They quoted 16800 first, when i saw fellow member The rationalist got for 13800 from oriental i negotiated further to get this rate.
So thanks to Team bhp for getting this cheap
I did shop around for quotations (zero depreciation bumper to bumper ) and the cheapest that i came across was Rs 23320 by Royal Sundaram. You quotation sounds to good to be true. Does it include features like unlimited claims, cashless facility and voluntary deductibles ?
dpkbehera is offline   Reply With Quote