Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2016, 23:55   #571
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 111
Thanked: 117 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Aspire TDCI mileage update @ 11000 Kms. (Approx. Last 4000 Kms have been without AC owing to Delhi weather / single driver/Tankful to tankful method)

I think the mileage in my car has settled by now. The best I ever got is 23.85 KMPL. The worst is 20.59 KMPL. Average I am getting is 22.5. This is in the last 6500 KMs. I can thank heavens as this is better than what I had expected when I purchased the car. I was expecting between 17-20. Those few extra KMPLs do matter!

Also, this mileage is when I am driving rough. Rough in the sense, not exactly driving keeping the mileage in mind. With that engine who would do that :-)

My average speed is around 50-60 KMPH during the day with moderate traffic and around 80-100 KMPH with brief sprints to 120-140 during the night with almost no traffic (very very occasional). This is for a total of 90 KMs of daily travel.

I do not have the patience for hypermiling, though I have tried it once. The one moment I tried hypermiling, my DTE shot up by over 200 KMs with just 90 KMs of driving between 45 - 60 KMPH. If you have got the patience you can get much better than what I get. 26-28 should be easily doable in the real world.

The highest DTE on a full tank that the display showed was 1200 kms it but dropped to an actual of 950 during driving. My friends are even amused by this. I mean almost a 1000 KMS in just 1800 Rs of diesel!! A 1000 kms on a full tank is a target of sorts for me, which I intend to do break someday.

There have been changes in engine characteristics as well which I will share in future posts.

Last edited by AKTRACK : 25th January 2016 at 23:57. Reason: Adding info
AKTRACK is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 08:41   #572
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,011
Thanked: 6,046 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
My friends are even amused by this. I mean almost a 1000 KMS in just 1800 Rs of diesel!! A 1000 kms on a full tank is a target of sorts for me, which I intend to do break someday.
Woah! That would be the day. Covering 1000kms in a single tankful

Nice to know that despite you flogging it your getting such a nice mileage. I don't think have crossed 18kmpl as my best FE

Infact, never saw the DTE showing any figure above 18kmpl till date.

Now I seriously wonder if there is a problem with my car or my driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
There have been changes in engine characteristics as well which I will share in future posts.
Interesting. Look forward to knowing these changes to engine characteristics?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2016, 19:38   #573
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 111
Thanked: 117 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

I religiously allow the car to idle for approx 2 mins before driving and 30 seconds after stopping. Also, I keep a PSI of 32 or over on all tyres.

Above is helping, but another reason that may be contributing to the mileage is the longer distances I get to drive. 45 kms one way, with highways included, the engine gets in its most efficient zone which it may not reach in short trips of 10-15 kms. Just my thought!

OT to the mileage discussion, I was getting my pollution check done and the attendant pressed the accelerator hard a couple of times. There was very black smoke out of the exhaust, some of which made a black patch on the ground below. I was surprised to see how much of the carbon was stuck inside and how a new car can throw such black smoke.

The attendant said this is normal for Fords. I felt a little guilty with all the environment degradation going on! I followed odd even religiously and was seriously looking for car pooling before and after I bought my car.

The attendant advised one should do this every few thousand kilometers so that the residues if any are belched out by the car.
AKTRACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2016, 20:02   #574
BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 642
Thanked: 849 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Woah! That would be the day. Covering 1000kms in a single tankful

Nice to know that despite you flogging it your getting such a nice mileage. I don't think have crossed 18kmpl as my best FE

Infact, never saw the DTE showing any figure above 18kmpl till date.

Now I seriously wonder if there is a problem with my car or my driving?



Interesting. Look forward to knowing these changes to engine characteristics?
Show some mercy to the A pedal and you should see FE figures easily jump 20KM/L mark. 80-100 is the sweetspot interms of FE for 1.5 TDCi. I know it is not an easy task to drive that slow in this lil monster, but it will surprise w.r.to FE with speeds I mentioned .

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th January 2016 at 08:22. Reason: Please avoid quoting emoticons when replying to a post :)
PrideRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 08:20   #575
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,011
Thanked: 6,046 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
I religiously allow the car to idle for approx 2 mins before driving and 30 seconds after stopping. Also, I keep a PSI of 32 or over on all tyres.
I too try to follow this practice but, it's hard to many times though I do it almost regularly to wait for a minute before switching off engine after a long/spirited driving. And, I too keep 32 PSI of Nitrogen air in all four tyres. I feel its perfect setting for the Aspire, car feels really peppy at this air pressure though the ride becomes slightly hard. But, I like it this way !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Show some mercy to the A pedal and you should see FE figures easily jump 20KM/L mark. 80-100 is the sweetspot interms of FE for 1.5 TDCi. I know it is not an easy task to drive that slow in this lil monster, but it will surprise w.r.to FE with speeds I mentioned .
I was just kidding. Honestly, I don't care much for mileage as sole reason for buying the Aspire is to enjoy its performance

I am happy with 16kmpl

Btw, I feel MID FE display is incorrect by 1kmpl. Anybody feels same?

Yesterday, I topped up ( always tankful and auto-cut) and compare it with onscreen average FE display and noted it was showing 17.5kmpl and auto-cut told me its actually 16.50kmpl ( city driving conditions with 100% AC)
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 15:21   #576
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 49
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

friends, my TDCi is showing around 19.3-19.4 ( AC off) and 18.9 - 19.1 when AC is on in B2B hyd traffic during peak hours. RPM is generally under 2k as there isnt any road space left to rev beyond this range.

@mobike008: if I can share this useful info: Try and reset AVG FE by long press the right stalk tip while display is on "AVG FE mode". This will reset the readings and calculate for present ride. I "discovered" this few days earlier (not sure if its in the manual LOL)

ECO Mode is nothing but up-shift indicator glowing once RPM is in designated Range.

enjoy TDCi!!!!!!
novicefreak is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 16:03   #577
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,381
Thanked: 9,854 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
Try and reset AVG FE by long press the right stalk tip while display is on "AVG FE mode". This will reset the readings and calculate for present ride.
Go to the ORR is you need beyond 2000 RPM.

The trip computer keeps calculating Avg FE since it has been last rest. If the FE wasn't reset, then it will be giving you data since you got the car. I make it a habit to reset it after every full tank that I do. This helps me get an accurate reading for that full tank done.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 16:25   #578
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 111
Thanked: 117 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Btw, I feel MID FE display is incorrect by 1kmpl. Anybody feels same?

Yes, you are right. It is exactly off by 1KMPL. But the refueling warning light is pretty spot on. Expect around 80 -100 Kms after the warning light is up. But apply due diligence, I do not want anyone to be stranded:-)
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 16:44   #579
BHPian
 
teemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 307
Thanked: 340 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
@mobike008: if I can share this useful info: Try and reset AVG FE by long press the right stalk tip while display is on "AVG FE mode".
No offense novicefreak, but i believe mobike008 should be knowing that; after all he is spending a lot of time with his Aspire and also maintaining his ownership report.

Also, to add to your post, I also reset the AVG km/h and tripmeter alongwith AVG FE after every tankfull to have a very clear idea about the fuel economy wrt average speeds.

You can reset them in similar way.

Hope it helps!
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 16:59   #580
Senior - BHPian
 
kiku007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,535
Thanked: 976 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

23, 18, 17, 16 KmpL? Errm let me present to you 7.3 KmpL

I'm not complaining though. It's fairly new 1.5L DCT doing really short runs.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20160126wa0025.jpg  

kiku007 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 18:12   #581
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 111
Thanked: 117 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
ECO Mode is nothing but up-shift indicator glowing once RPM is in designated Range.
Is that all it does? I thought it must be linked to the ECU and suppressing the RPM/Throttle response for a better FE.
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 21:03   #582
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 27
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Firstly, thanks to everyone here for the reviews, personal experiences, and comments. Today we finally went ahead and booked the Oxford White Ford Figo Aspire 1.5 Petrol DCT Automatic :-D Booked the Dec, 2015 model through Delhi Ford - great showroom and staff. Now going to decide on the add ons. One of the showroom guys advised against the aftermarket reverse camera and sensor on the DCT model as this vehicle relies a lot on 'electronics and electricals' and said that if the wiring gets short circuited, we will lose the warranty. Gave an example of how someone on an EcoSport Auto went for such aftermarket fittings and the ECM unit blew up and was not covered by warranty because it was not a Ford fitting (ECM costs approx 65-70k if out of warranty). Can anyone confirm if what was advised is accurate? Thanks! Planning to do the pre-registration check on Saturday and the vehicle should be delivered the same day evening or on Sunday. Super Excited!!
karthik008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 22:21   #583
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 111
Thanked: 117 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik008 View Post
Firstly, thanks to everyone here for the reviews, personal experiences, and comments. Today we finally went ahead and booked the Oxford White Ford Figo Aspire 1.5 Petrol DCT Automatic :-D Booked the Dec, 2015 model through Delhi Ford - great showroom and staff. Now going to decide on the add ons. One of the showroom guys advised against the aftermarket reverse camera and sensor on the DCT model as this vehicle relies a lot on 'electronics and electricals' and said that if the wiring gets short circuited, we will lose the warranty. Gave an example of how someone on an EcoSport Auto went for such aftermarket fittings and the ECM unit blew up and was not covered by warranty because it was not a Ford fitting (ECM costs approx 65-70k if out of warranty). Can anyone confirm if what was advised is accurate? Thanks! Planning to do the pre-registration check on Saturday and the vehicle should be delivered the same day evening or on Sunday. Super Excited!!
Firstly, congratulations on your decision !! Personally Karthik, I would advise against going for an after market fitment. Some part of what they say is true and rest are scare tactics to force you to buy the accessories from the showroom itself. Showrooms cannot survive on car sales only. Ofcourse the accessories are expensive with less features but you get peace of mind. I would advise you to play safe and go for ford accessories only.

They are probably right when they say that this is a drive-by-wire kind of car. I got fog lamps installed from Ford and they had to get the software updated by plugging a laptop to the car. That too took a couple of attempts. The instruction booklet too says there are lot of sensors and performance recording devices in the car. An aftermarket mechanic may not be aware of how to deal with them. Another example is after a wheel alignment, they do a steering calibration which too is done through a software.
AKTRACK is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 23:39   #584
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 27
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
Firstly, congratulations on your decision !! Personally Karthik, I would advise against going for an after market fitment. Some part of what they say is true and rest are scare tactics to force you to buy the accessories from the showroom itself. Showrooms cannot survive on car sales only. Ofcourse the accessories are expensive with less features but you get peace of mind. I would advise you to play safe and go for ford accessories only.

They are probably right when they say that this is a drive-by-wire kind of car. I got fog lamps installed from Ford and they had to get the software updated by plugging a laptop to the car. That too took a couple of attempts. The instruction booklet too says there are lot of sensors and performance recording devices in the car. An aftermarket mechanic may not be aware of how to deal with them. Another example is after a wheel alignment, they do a steering calibration which too is done through a software.
Thanks for the quick response AKTRACK, really appreciate it. So Ford accessories it is for us
karthik008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 00:00   #585
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 15
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik008 View Post
Firstly, thanks to everyone here for the reviews, personal experiences, and comments. Today we finally went ahead and booked the Oxford White Ford Figo Aspire 1.5 Petrol DCT Automatic :-D Booked the Dec, 2015 model through Delhi Ford - great showroom and staff. Now going to decide on the add ons. One of the showroom guys advised against the aftermarket reverse camera and sensor on the DCT model as this vehicle relies a lot on 'electronics and electricals' and said that if the wiring gets short circuited, we will lose the warranty. Gave an example of how someone on an EcoSport Auto went for such aftermarket fittings and the ECM unit blew up and was not covered by warranty because it was not a Ford fitting (ECM costs approx 65-70k if out of warranty). Can anyone confirm if what was advised is accurate? Thanks! Planning to do the pre-registration check on Saturday and the vehicle should be delivered the same day evening or on Sunday. Super Excited!!
Congratulations Karthik! I too am a proud owner of the 1.5P DCT. I actually booked Baleno Delta CVT but after a month of waiting and exploring other options, I was sold on the Aspire. Booked on Thursday, 24th December and got the delivery on Tuesday, 29th. Enjoying the ride since then

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
23, 18, 17, 16 KmpL? Errm let me present to you 7.3 KmpL

I'm not complaining though. It's fairly new 1.5L DCT doing really short runs.
Mileage figure for the latest tankful is 14 kmpl. This is more than what I expected, specially considering that the first servicing is not done yet. I'm a fairly sedate driver though. I used to get about 16 kmpl in my i10 under similar driving conditions.

P.S. This is my first post on Team-BHP. Please pardon any errors.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20160128_231708488.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20160128_231748028.jpg  

seekay is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium KreativeGeek Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 110 10th November 2016 17:03
My Ford Figo Aspire Titanium+ (Tuxedo Black) witwiky Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 97 10th October 2015 01:18
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 1062 18th September 2015 18:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks