Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 5th July 2016, 22:59   #916
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Found this video from Youtube!

42Kmpl! Thats something TDCi only can do!

Last edited by Johnnny : 5th July 2016 at 23:18.
Johnnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 00:42   #917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

42Kmpl! Thats something TDCi only can do! ...
That's some marketing bull crap! Ford did it in the past with their other models and sad to see them continuing it again! This is no way achievable in real life driving and this is exactly how they shoot their own foot. Aspire otherwise has a very healthy edge with their ARAI FE which is pan India accepted and not sure why they have to resort to such stupid things!

Go ahead and post your 0-100 times and also the FE proudly to have the Aspire and Figo sell; this mileage marathon will prove to be a bigger pain when some FE obsessed customer dont get even close to 50% of it in city.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 17:22   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Ford missed the bus at launch to equip both cars with touchscreen infotainment system at a time when though compact sedans selling at that time did not have touchscreen infotainment systems however most hatchbacks had started making it a norm. As of today Hyundai Xcent (Anniversary Edition) and some version of Honda Amaze have being upgraded to touchscreen.
Tata Zest XT & XTA variants too come with Touchscreen infotainment system by Harman (source: http://zest.tatamotors.com/connectivity.php).
Probably the first compact sedan to have touchscreen feature in infotainment system.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 22:06   #919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

42Kmpl! Thats something TDCi only can do!
I'm incredibly annoyed by the fact that he used his hazards all the way on a near thousand kilometer drive.

As swiftnfurious says these hypermiling marketing exercises tell you very little in reality though.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 22:34   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
... This is no way achievable in real life driving and this is exactly how they shoot their own foot. Aspire otherwise has a very healthy edge....
Go ahead and post your 0-100 times and also the FE proudly to have the Aspire and Figo sell; this mileage marathon will prove to be a bigger pain when some FE obsessed customer dont get even close to 50% of it in city.
I think Ford's employing the desperate measures for desperate times philosophy here!! They failed to market the Aspire/Figo(both very competitive offerings IMO) successfully to begin with and now these over the top promos!
I hope something positive comes out of it atleast for the effort (read increased sales )
espraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 13:44   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Thought of changing the interior lights to LEDs and realised that the bulbs are non-standard, probably proprietary.
Attaching the specification and wattage of all bulbs as listed in the user's manual for the benefit of all. Although this is from the Figo manual, the specs should be the same for Aspire too.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_5846.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_5847.jpg  

laxmanrk is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 22:16   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
I think Ford's employing the desperate measures for desperate times philosophy here!! They failed to market the Aspire/Figo(both very competitive offerings IMO) successfully to begin with and now these over the top promos!
I hope something positive comes out of it atleast for the effort (read increased sales )
They really need to employ desparate measures to sell more of these wonderful cars. But this is not it. This is an old video and there was a long discussion about this some pages back.

With this video you at least learn that your car can take you further if you're desperate for fuel, and are driving through no man's land.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2016, 18:56   #923
BHPian

Sales figures out for the month of June 2016. Aspire and Figo sold 2401 and 1990 copies respectively. Quite a big improvement over the last month. Way to go Ford!
Source- Autopunditz.com
shahbaz.k is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2016, 23:06   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbaz.k View Post
Sales figures out for the month of June 2016. Aspire and Figo sold 2401 and 1990 copies respectively. Quite a big improvement over the last month. Way to go Ford!
Source- Autopunditz.com
Thats quite an improvement. That means the marketing has worked.

Wish Ford had done that earlier during the launch. All their marketing before the latest blitzkrieg was rather non impressive with very less recall value.
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2016, 17:28   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirnam View Post
I have the parking sensors with audio alert and it does the job well. Does the Autocop PP 9000 mirror have day-night adjustment option?
No,Autocop PP 9000 does not have a day-night adjustment option.It just has sort of an anti-glare coating over it.

With the monsoons looming,I bought a silicone cover from Amazon to protect the keyfob from any accidental water exposure.The cost is at a higher side at Rs.249, excluding delivery charges.But since I could not find any other exacting covers for the Aspire flip-key from any other sellers online,the options were limited.Also, I haven't searched the local accessory shops for it,maybe they will have it at a much cheaper rate.

I am using it for the past 1 month or so.The cover fits snugly on one side and at the top.However on the side where the key flips out,it is only supported by a narrow band of material at the top and it doesn't fit tight and moves around a bit.Barring that inconvenience,the quality of the silicone is quite good and it doesn't emit any bad rubbery smell.It gives the keyfob a nice padded feel too.Most importantly, the buttons can be operated without trouble.

Here are the pics-
Ford Aspire : Official Review-keyfob1.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-keyfob2.jpg

Last edited by dragonov007 : 9th July 2016 at 17:30.
dragonov007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2016, 17:58   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post

With the monsoons looming,I bought a silicone cover from Amazon to protect the keyfob from any accidental water exposure.The cost is at a higher side at Rs.249, excluding delivery charges.But since I could not find any other exacting covers for the Aspire flip-key from any other sellers online,the options were limited.Also, I haven't searched the local accessory shops for it,maybe they will have it at a much cheaper rate.
That looks a good fit for the Aspire keyfob . Could you share the model or the amazon link of the product? I am also planning to get one.

Also I noticed that Aspire does not have a rubber beading on the doors (cost cutting?). I was planning to add rubber beading on all doors for better sound proofing. Has anyone got experience on this?
sudhirnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2016, 19:12   #927
BHPian

Here are a couple of links for the silicone key cover-

http://www.amazon.in/Keyzone-Silicon...TFB38AFBZE34FQ

http://www.amazon.in/SFK-Silicone-Co...cone+key+cover

I bought the second one,but now it is showing an atrocious pricing of Rs 599!!
dragonov007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2016, 22:29   #928
BHPian

Did the 10000 kms service for my Aspire Automatic, the cost was ₹1500 for service and ₹600 for mud flaps. They did wheel balancing and alignment without me asking and charged the same. I had specifically asked them to carry out orders which I had requested and told I won't pay a dime, and they waived off the charges. The car had 2 TSB updates. Ford is replacing all 4 door latches, but the parts weren't available, so have to go back. The reason they gave for latch replacement was not convincing. Ford USA had made a similar recall for door latches due to faulty pawl spring tab, so I guess that may be the reason here also.
The Rationalist is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2016, 00:48   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
The car had 2 TSB updates. Ford is replacing all 4 door latches, but the parts weren't available, so have to go back. The reason they gave for latch replacement was not convincing. Ford USA had made a similar recall for door latches due to faulty pawl spring tab, so I guess that may be the reason here also.
This is the first I'm hearing of this latch replacement recall. More details please.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2016, 08:57   #930
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
NWith the monsoons looming,I bought a silicone cover from Amazon to protect the keyfob from any accidental water exposure.T
but Silicone covers don't protect from water exposure does it?
It only protects from shocks in case of fall and scratches. Also if your key already has scratches, this will make the key appear new.
In fact If I think over it, In an unlikely event of any moisture which enters the silicone case, (mind you it is open and not covering the key entirely) will be retained inside and may cause more water related damage.
When the key comes in contact with small amounts of water, the key fob's housing is enough to give you the required protection.
If the key entirely falls in water, even the silicone cover is useless IMO!
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote