Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:46   #1081
BHPian
 
Ketan T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 133
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Last weekend I did a trip to Bangalore and so decided to check the top speed of my 1.2 lt Petrol engine on the Golden Quadrilateral. Had done alignment and rotation the previous day and tyre pressure (nitrogen) was at 33 in all tyres.

Has anyone checked the 0-100 time for this petrol engine, because I found it to be very quick. I have a feeling that it might be in the range of 10-11 seconds. The progress past 120 is a bit slow. What I found strange was that I got the floaty feeling beyond 120. Even though I touched 140 for a few seconds the car gave no confidence at all.

I have a suspicion that this has something to do with the OEM MRF's. Are they really that crappy ?
I am not sure about the 0-100 timing. Though what I have observed is that the 1.2 petrol has slow pick up in gears 1 through 3. Surprisingly the car pulls well in 4th and 5th gear. Maybe I am comparing it with my other car which is 1.2 petrol Polo. Polo has a good pick up in first three hears. In fact on my first drive in Aspire, I thought there was something wrong as it didn't have a good pick up in lower gears. Have you observed the same thing samaspire?

Aspire highway stability isn't that great as per my experience. I recently did a Pune Goa trip. Again I am comparing it with my Polo which is rock steady on highways at triple digit speeds.
Ketan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2016, 17:44   #1082
BHPian
 
samaspire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Manipal / Udupi
Posts: 584
Thanked: 1,448 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Reverse Camera from Ford or some other brand? The only reason I did not go for reverse camera on my Figo was because they had to replace the IRVM mirror, which did not have day/night functionality( niether manual nor auto-matic).
This one is from AliExpress. It clips on to the existing mirror, as seen in the last picture in my post. It's a front + rear Dashcam + reverse camera with a 4.3" display on the left side of the mirror. This has got a blue tinted screen which eliminates a lot of glare. The only issue i have with it is that for my height (5'4"), there is sunlight reflection on the screen that makes it difficult to see the reversing screen without moving it. (it will be solved soon )


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
In fact on my first drive in Aspire, I thought there was something wrong as it didn't have a good pick up in lower gears.
Exactly what I felt during my first test drive. Then I found that almost all the newer petrol cars have the same problem.

Quote:
Though what I have observed is that the 1.2 petrol has slow pick up in gears 1 through 3. Surprisingly the car pulls well in 4th and 5th gear. Maybe I am comparing it with my other car which is 1.2 petrol Polo. Polo has a good pick up in first three gears.
I know what you mean. My sister has a Polo and that is tuned very well for the lower gears.

After one year of driving the Aspire, I have made the following observations:
1) The 1st gear is crappy and very short. I now raise the RPMs to get moving in traffic.
2) 2nd gear is a problem only in low RPMs. Otherwise its got amazing pickup (my 0-100 query was based on this). It easily gets to 80 in no time.
3) I have no issues with the 3rd gear.

Quote:
Aspire highway stability isn't that great as per my experience.
Not true, if you read mobike008's review. Only difference is that his tyres were changed immediately after delivery. So my guess is the tyres are the culprit here.
samaspire is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2016, 17:58   #1083
BHPian
 
Ketan T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 133
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
3) I have no issues with the 3rd gear.
Agree.

Quote:
Not true, if you read mobike008's review. Only difference is that his tyres were changed immediately after delivery. So my guess is the tyres are the culprit here.
I wish I could put 15 inch tyres. My Ford SA said that it will void the warranty. Has anyone changed the stock MRF tyres to any other brand of same size? Does it help?
Ketan T is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2016, 18:01   #1084
BHPian
 
samaspire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Manipal / Udupi
Posts: 584
Thanked: 1,448 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
Agree.



I wish I could put 15 inch tyres. My Ford SA said that it will void the warranty. Has anyone changed the stock MRF tyres to any other brand of same size? Does it help?
yes. check out the aspire tyre upgrade thread and mobike008's thread
samaspire is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2016, 17:47   #1085
Newbie
 
samcan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 16
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

I bought my Aspire petrol titanium a month ago. The car is very smooth to drive. But I feel some vibration in the steering at the very end of the steering turn (lock to lock). This vibration is there even when the car is at standstill. Though it is not very intrusive and is very minimum, I would like to know if any one else has observed something similar. I am used to hydraulic power steering of my Punto and I am new to EPS. So, I don't know if it is the EPS motor that is the cause of this vibration.The Ford service advisor says that it is normal in all Aspire cars.
Apart from this, the car is very smooth and silent and is decently powered for a sedate driver like me. The NVH levels are very well controlled compared to my diesel Punto.
Another grouse (may be a silly one) is that there is no option to move to the next folder in the USB drive. I have to go to explore USB every time since the songs keep looping within the same folder. Though there are alternatives like using play all method or entering the track number directly in the num keypad (as we do in DTH remote), there isn't an easy way to do the same.
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2016, 18:54   #1086
BHPian
 
theredliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 401
Thanked: 647 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Is Ford trying to create an artificial shortage for the car or are they exporting too much like in the case of Ecosport?

Cauvery Ford, Blr is saying that they can't deliver Aspire Titanium+ TDCI till Feb 2017 as they haven't got any allocation

Metro Ford is quoting 1.5 months waiting period.

I thought Ford was desperate to sell the car and there would be plenty of cars available as they sold a measly ~2.5k units last month and much lesser before that. If this waiting period is for real, then it looks like they have given up already on the Indian market.

Any similar experiences in other cities?

PS The SA at Cauvery Ford was boasting that Aspire is the highest selling car in its segment

Last edited by theredliner : 7th November 2016 at 19:23.
theredliner is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2016, 19:00   #1087
BHPian
 
skanchan95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mangalore KA-19
Posts: 575
Thanked: 395 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
IBut I feel some vibration in the steering at the very end of the steering turn (lock to lock). This vibration is there even when the car is at standstill. Though it is not very intrusive and is very minimum, I would like to know if any one else has observed something similar. I am used to hydraulic power steering of my Punto and I am new to EPS. So, I don't know if it is the EPS motor that is the cause of this vibration.The Ford service advisor says that it is normal in all Aspire cars.
I have felt the same vibration from the steering in my 2016 1.2 Figo under the conditions you mentioned. I mentioned it in my ownership report here on team bhp . I don't think it is an issue and is normal.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 10:45   #1088
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 49
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
Another grouse (may be a silly one) is that there is no option to move to the next folder in the USB drive. I have to go to explore USB every time since the songs keep looping within the same folder. Though there are alternatives like using play all method or entering the track number directly in the num keypad (as we do in DTH remote), there isn't an easy way to do the same.
Agreed, ICE on Aspire is pretty basic and one needs lot of patience to get it running.

Best thing to adopt! is by BT audio mode!
novicefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 11:18   #1089
BHPian
 
scorpion_blore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 103
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Cauvery Ford, Blr is saying that they can't deliver Aspire Titanium+ TDCI till Feb 2017 as they haven't got any allocation

Metro Ford is quoting 1.5 months waiting period.
That is strange! When I TD the Aspire at Cauvery Ford and enquired about the waiting time for Titanium+ TDCI variant, the sales rep guaranteed the delivery within 2 weeks for any color.
I feel the sales rep is trying to pull a fast one on you by misquoting the facts. When I spoke to the sales rep, I clearly communicated that I would make the booking if the car can be delivered in 15 days.
scorpion_blore is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 13:33   #1090
BHPian
 
theredliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 401
Thanked: 647 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
That is strange! When I TD the Aspire at Cauvery Ford and enquired about the waiting time for Titanium+ TDCI variant, the sales rep guaranteed the delivery within 2 weeks for any color.
I feel the sales rep is trying to pull a fast one on you by misquoting the facts. When I spoke to the sales rep, I clearly communicated that I would make the booking if the car can be delivered in 15 days.
This is really surprising. Exactly when did you TD?
I gave a hint that I'd not be interested if it takes more than a month. She didn't budge. Any idea what offers are available for Titanium+ TDCI?

Last edited by theredliner : 8th November 2016 at 13:49.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 13:57   #1091
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 86
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Cauvery Ford, Blr is saying that they can't deliver Aspire Titanium+ TDCI till Feb 2017 as they haven't got any allocation

Metro Ford is quoting 1.5 months waiting period.
On the eve of Diwali, I tagged alongwith my friend to check Aspire at Sai Sakshi Ford, Wakad, Pune. On inquiring about fresh car from factory, SA told us to get the car from stock because there won't be Aspire available for next 6 months after Diwali. I thought he was bluffing to trick my friend for immediate booking of stock car. With this, it seems that something is cooking at Ford. Strange!
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 14:07   #1092
Newbie
 
samcan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 16
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Cauvery Ford, Blr is saying that they can't deliver Aspire Titanium+ TDCI till Feb 2017 as they haven't got any allocation
Metro Ford is quoting 1.5 months waiting period.
I was quoted the same 1.5 months waiting period by Lathangi Ford. They were ready to deliver white or silver Aspire immediately. But ask any other color and they say there is a waiting period. I confirmed with Elite Ford and Cauvery Ford and they too quoted a waiting period of 1-2 months with the exception of white and silver readily available.
A word of advice - I had a terrible experience with Lathangi Ford (JP Nagar). Lot of false promises with respect to waiting period (15 days), discount and freebies were made by the sales executive and then he left the job. Then I met the General Manager of the showroom in person and he agreed to fulfill at least half of what was promised by the executive. My bad luck, he too left the job the very next week. 1 month passed after booking and it was a complete silence from the dealership regarding my booking status. Then I was told that I need to wait for one more month. I escalated to Ford India through email and got a prompt callback from Ford India customer care. They then co-ordinated me with the CO of the dealership. This is the worst part of my buying experience. The CO displayed a very bad attitude towards the customer. He almost brought all the discount negotiations I made with the sales executive back to square one. The explanation he gave for nullifying all the discounts was that the Aspire was the hot selling model for them and he wanted to make as much money while he can. Weird eh ? The owner speaking like this to me made me furious. I just got the car and came out.
After all these hardships while buying the car, I get a sense of immense satisfaction whenever I take out my car for a spin. I think that is what matters the most. Moreover, the Ford India customer care are immensely helpful in getting things sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
Agreed, ICE on Aspire is pretty basic and one needs lot of patience to get it running.
But I am really satisfied with the sound quality. Though it doesn't even come near the output of my Pioneer oval speakers in my Punto, it does the job pretty decently for a stock music system.
samcan123 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 14:51   #1093
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 49
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post

But I am really satisfied with the sound quality. Though it doesn't even come near the output of my Pioneer oval speakers in my Punto, it does the job pretty decently for a stock music system.
sound quality is good, in-fact very good, I was referring to the functionality of the ICE setup, particularly USB functions! Excuse for mis-representation!!!
novicefreak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 15:10   #1094
BHPian
 
scorpion_blore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 103
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
This is really surprising. Exactly when did you TD?
I gave a hint that I'd not be interested if it takes more than a month. She didn't budge. Any idea what offers are available for Titanium+ TDCI?
I TD it on a weekend before Diwali. I think it was 22nd or 23rd of October.
Didn't check out for offers since the sales rep mentioned that the price has been already reduced by Ford, and I was still not clear whether to buy Aspire Titanium+ or Ameo HL DSG.
scorpion_blore is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 16:46   #1095
BHPian
 
Ketan T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 133
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
That is strange! When I TD the Aspire at Cauvery Ford and enquired about the waiting time for Titanium+ TDCI variant, the sales rep guaranteed the delivery within 2 weeks for any color.
I feel the sales rep is trying to pull a fast one on you by misquoting the facts. When I spoke to the sales rep, I clearly communicated that I would make the booking if the car can be delivered in 15 days.
I remember when I booked my petrol Aspire, the sales rep told me that he has only White colour readily available and can deliver the car in a week. All other colours have 2 months waiting.

After booking the White colour car I asked for VIN. Then comes the reply that they do not give the VIN. I said ok, I want to cancel my booking. The guy calls back and tells me that they do not have the car available now and some other car which is in transit will be allocated to me. Makes me wonder if the guy was trying to sell me some Aspire lying in his stockyard. As I asked for VIN, he decided against selling me the old car.

Finally, after one month I got my car. I insisted on VIN and did a PDI at the stockyard before the car was registered on my name.

scorpion_blore, I would take the sales advisor's promise of 15 days as a month. :banghead:

Last edited by Ketan T : 8th November 2016 at 16:57.
Ketan T is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium KreativeGeek Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 110 10th November 2016 17:03
My Ford Figo Aspire Titanium+ (Tuxedo Black) witwiky Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 97 10th October 2015 01:18
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 1062 18th September 2015 18:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks