Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2015, 17:39   #136
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 69
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
With a good product in the block, would suggest people to put a mail to Renault customer care and escalate it. Hope Renault customer care is like Honda who views customer feedback and comments with highest regard.
I wrote to Renault Customer care and they responded quicky. Soon I got a call from dealership and they apologized but aboutthe delivery date they were still unsure. They promised to at least keep me informed in future.
But after an hour I got a call again from them and they told me that there is a car available (the same variant and color that I had booked) in their other showroom because the customer's loan got delayed by a month. They said they can allot that car to me but the accessories worth Rs. 25k have already been installed in the car on previous customer request. I told them that I will take the car. But I am just worried if there is some problem with the car and may be the customer has refused to take it and now they just want to push it some newbie like me. Why would they install accessories to car for which the financing is not yet clear. Is it normal or am I being too skeptical?
chandra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 18:12   #137
Senior - BHPian
 
TheARUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,258
Thanked: 461 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
Why would they install accessories to car for which the financing is not yet clear. Is it normal or am I being too skeptical?
Take the T-bhp checklist and request them to give you an opportunity to do the PDI. The reasons the Dealer Staff give cannot be trusted, check if they can give you the number of the previous Customer so that you can talk to him/her and get this clarified

All the best
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 18:15   #138
Senior - BHPian
 
arunphilip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 3,819 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
I got a call again from them and they told me that there is a car available (the same variant and color that I had booked) in their other showroom because the customer's loan got delayed by a month. They said they can allot that car to me but the accessories worth Rs. 25k have already been installed in the car on previous customer request.
They're trying to push 25k worth of accessories onto you, since dealer margins on accessories are quite high (as a percentage, higher than the car sale margins). Ask them what accessories have been installed, and then decide which of those you truly want, or had planned to fit. Ask them to remove anything you're not interested in.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 18:20   #139
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 157
Thanked: 179 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
I wrote to Renault Customer care and they responded quicky. Soon I got a call from dealership and they apologized but aboutthe delivery date they were still unsure. They promised to at least keep me informed in future.
But after an hour I got a call again from them and they told me that there is a car available (the same variant and color that I had booked) in their other showroom because the customer's loan got delayed by a month. They said they can allot that car to me but the accessories worth Rs. 25k have already been installed in the car on previous customer request. I told them that I will take the car. But I am just worried if there is some problem with the car and may be the customer has refused to take it and now they just want to push it some newbie like me. Why would they install accessories to car for which the financing is not yet clear. Is it normal or am I being too skeptical?
Its not normal. At the least, they are making you to buy accessories of certain amount. Go for it only if the stuff suits you. And no relaxation on PDI.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 18:44   #140
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 69
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Take the T-bhp checklist .. All the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
They're trying to push 25k worth of accessories onto you....
Thank you! The let me know the details of the accessories and fortunately most of them are what I would have bought anyway.

Can you please guide me a little about the process. I have send them the documents for finance. I don't have time to do it myself with the bank. Now, is it okay to make the payment (in check and cash) after the PDI (before the loan approval)? Or the payment will be made on the day of delivery?

One question about PDI. What are the specific things I should carefully check in this case (please note that I know almost nothing about cars) apart from scratches etc. on the exterior? The TBHP checklists mentions checking just VIN, odometer etc. Thanks.
chandra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 19:21   #141
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 153
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Renault has done it again - this reminds me of the early days of Duster success when the SA will refuse to let you have a longer test drive, provide additional information, open for outside insurance... the list is endless.

I am amazed as to how Maruti and even Hyundai ensures that SA at dealership remain polite and humble. I have witnessed impolite behavior by Honda dealership to the extent that he even got the sales manager to get support, which was not at all required.

I hope that Renault after bringing a good product should also engage with their dealers to ensure that customer experience is improved.
I have had worser experiences with Maruti and Hyundai over numerous occasions.

I would say out of 3/4 maruti and Hyundai showrooms only 1 is usually responsive.

I have had better experiences with Ford,Mahindra, Tata and even Fiat.BTW, Fiat was the best and both the dealers in Chennai were quite good.

Renault was 50-50. As is Honda.

Worse was Skoda/ VW. Arrogance personified . Toyota was equally bad.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 21st October 2015 at 19:23.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 19:35   #142
BHPian
 
wadewilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Guwahati/Diphu
Posts: 103
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Yes. I have started looking for other options. The only regret is that I wasted more than a month waiting for Kwid. Now even if I book another car I don't think I will be able to get it before Nov. end due to festive season rush.
That's the pitiable situation we're left in for putting our faith in Renault I guess. I'm asking myself these questions - Maybe they're trying to simulate demand by artificially creating shortage? Maybe they're gonna surprise us by making the cars available in this month itself? Maybe they just don't give a hoot whether half of the bookings are cancelled since they have a pretty strong number now?

At the end of the day, guess we'll have to stiffen up our upper lip and wait in anticipation. Time will be a deciding factor whether Renault delivers and we get converted to faithful and loyal customers or whether customers like us will be drawn to other companies.

I'll have to make do with the 15 year old Honda City in our garage for the time being, lol

Last edited by wadewilson : 21st October 2015 at 20:04.
wadewilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 20:03   #143
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 69
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Something is sounding really fishy in my case. I talked to them about PDI and they reacted as if they have heard this word for the first time. They told me I can check the vehicle at the time of delivery before I sign the documents. Any inspection before that would not be possible.

Moreover they want the payment in check/cash tomorrow when I submit the documents for loan. I don't know what kind of negotiation power I will have at the time of delivery if I have already made the payment. Even if the vehicle has some problem they can just plainly ask me to wait for a month or two for another vehicle and I won't be able to do anything.

Another strange thing they told me was that the car will be delivered with a "temporary" Haryana number plate because their showroom is in Gurgaon (I am in Delhi). And I will get the registration and number plate (in my name) in a month. I haven't heard of any such thing before. I seriously doubt they are trying to sell me a test drive vehicle. What do you guys think? Can Renault go to such heights to cheat a new customer?
chandra1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 20:07   #144
BHPian
 
wadewilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Guwahati/Diphu
Posts: 103
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
Thank you! The let me know the details of the accessories and fortunately most of them are what I would have bought anyway.

Can you please guide me a little about the process. I have send them the documents for finance. I don't have time to do it myself with the bank. Now, is it okay to make the payment (in check and cash) after the PDI (before the loan approval)? Or the payment will be made on the day of delivery?

One question about PDI. What are the specific things I should carefully check in this case (please note that I know almost nothing about cars) apart from scratches etc. on the exterior? The TBHP checklists mentions checking just VIN, odometer etc. Thanks.
Congrats buddy, I guess I'm the only one left now :(
wadewilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 20:25   #145
BHPian
 
vinit.merchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 966
Thanked: 691 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
That's the pitiable situation we're left in for putting our faith in Renault I guess.
I'll have to make do with the 15 year old Honda City in our garage for the time being, lol
Lets just say there is lack of transparency across all brands. We all know how the Swift diesel bookings were handled. Ditto for the Ecosport.
vinit.merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 21:47   #146
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: RJ-02,DL,MH-12
Posts: 699
Thanked: 695 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
Something is sounding really fishy in my case. I talked to them about PDI and they reacted as if they have heard this word for the first time. They told me I can check the vehicle at the time of delivery before I sign the documents. Any inspection before that would not be possible.

Moreover they want the payment in check/cash tomorrow when I submit the documents for loan. I don't know what kind of negotiation power I will have at the time of delivery if I have already made the payment. Even if the vehicle has some problem they can just plainly ask me to wait for a month or two for another vehicle and I won't be able to do anything.

Another strange thing they told me was that the car will be delivered with a "temporary" Haryana number plate because their showroom is in Gurgaon (I am in Delhi). And I will get the registration and number plate (in my name) in a month. I haven't heard of any such thing before. I seriously doubt they are trying to sell me a test drive vehicle. What do you guys think? Can Renault go to such heights to cheat a new customer?

Only dealers with large sales volumes are allowed to complete the registration formalities at their end and allocate you the number on vehicle at the time of delivery. Dealers with small volumes have to go through the regular RTO process. Still

- If you want a Delhi registration, the vehicle will be delivered to you with your registered number and not the temporary number; though the HSRP will be installed after a month or so. You will get complete papers including the fee receipt of RTO and the number allocated to you. The dealer is BS*ing here.

- Also if you stay without Delhi registration, you cannot drive vehicle (as per law) and you will have to live with just an open "cover note" instead of insurance.

- PDI is something the tbhp community advocates strongly and you must do it. I suggest please insist on it or else don't make payment. Also for PDI please take a knowledgeable friend with you. You may just get overwhelmed looking at your possession while your friend can do justice to the PDI checklist.

- Accessories, I strongly suggest you to take only what you need and do not agree to what dealer has already installed. Few accessories like reverse parking sensors etc. if installed would have resulted in holes in bumper, please decide carefully.

All the best

Last edited by i74js : 21st October 2015 at 21:49.
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 22:10   #147
BHPian
 
wadewilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Guwahati/Diphu
Posts: 103
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Lets just say there is lack of transparency across all brands. We all know how the Swift diesel bookings were handled. Ditto for the Ecosport.
Fingers crossed on this one then. Thank you for shedding some light on that matter. I'm really new to this whole car buying enterprise and the KWID won me over, and it was about to be my very own first car. Got very worked up and excited because of that. Guess all I can really do is to just wait for that fateful call from the dealer.. sometime hopefully in the next month.
wadewilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 12:52   #148
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 69
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Only dealers with large sales volumes are allowed to complete the registration formalities at their end and allocate you the number on vehicle at the time of delivery. Dealers with small volumes have to go through the regular RTO process. Still

- If you want a Delhi registration, the vehicle will be delivered to you with your registered number and not the temporary number; though the HSRP will be installed after a month or so. You will get complete papers including the fee receipt of RTO and the number allocated to you. The dealer is BS*ing here.

- Also if you stay without Delhi registration, you cannot drive vehicle (as per law) and you will have to live with just an open "cover note" instead of insurance.
If this is a new unregistered car a their Gurgaon yard and I am buying it from their Delhi showroom, why can't they register it in Delhi in my name? Why would they get a Haryana number plate in dealership's name first and then will give me a new Delhi number after a month? This whole thing is beyond my understanding.

BTW which car do you guys think would be better between top variant Grand i10 petrol and New Ford Figo Titanium Petrol? There are soe discounts going on on Grand i10. No discounts on Figo but it's available immediately. Thank you.
chandra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 20:43   #149
BHPian
 
rajeshsundaram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ERD-CHN-BLR
Posts: 292
Thanked: 391 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
Something is sounding really fishy in my case. I talked to them about PDI and they reacted as if they have heard this word for the first time. They told me I can check the vehicle at the time of delivery before I sign the documents. Any inspection before that would not be possible.

.....

I seriously doubt they are trying to sell me a test drive vehicle. What do you guys think? Can Renault go to such heights to cheat a new customer?
I did the same mistake of rushing the delivery process when I booked my Alto 10 yeras ago. And I received a semi test-driven car. So, when buying a new car -If you can afford, wait and buy a fresh piece. Never settle for cars that are "booked by others, but dropped" etc. Do not buy such stories. In most cases you will end up with a lemon or accident car or test-driven car. It is common with dealers to use non-test drive cars as test-drive cars. Especially when there is a huge backlog of test drives scheduled up.

PDI can be done in the yard, even before you sign the documents. I did this for my Mahindra Xylo, and Nissan Micra. Both dealers obliged without any fuss. If the dealer is not obliging for a PDI, something is really fishy. I advocate you stay away from this vehicle that the dealer is trying to push.
rajeshsundaram is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2015, 00:38   #150
BHPian
 
jaaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 267
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Looks are great for the Size & Price of the Car. Very well written & extensively covered every aspect of the Car even though Car enthusiasts may never agree with the performance. Well it's basically a City Car.

Can someone post the Shoulder space or Interior space compared to Alto or Celario. The Car looks big from outside but not from inside.
jaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs! S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 781 13th October 2015 22:24
Renault XBA: Now unveiled as the Kwid rajeev k The Indian Car Scene 36 21st May 2015 16:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks