Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2015, 09:37   #121
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 493
Thanked: 613 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
A little late to the party but Excellent Review Vid and S2! Astonishing amount of detail in this small car!
..

..
I remember reading in the Autocar magazine some months ago that while the rotary slot is a clear indicator of an AMT switch somewhere in the future the manual mode could be provided via paddles shifters which would again make it first in a car below 20 lacs!
..

..
Hope Renault can achieve the sales numbers they have targeted. They deserve it for the effort with the Kwid and the killer pricing they have launched it at!
Well written.

Just for your information, the Honda Jazz V-CVT has paddle shifters in the <10L range.

Of course, still your point is definitely valid.

I think I will take a TD in the near future - as and when they come out with the AT.
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 10:12   #122
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: RJ-02,DL,MH-12
Posts: 699
Thanked: 695 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Stupid question:

Since there is extensive use of plastic - how will it impact the insurance claims? The insurance companies in India are particularly notorious in payment of claims for plastic parts.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 15:47   #123
BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 646
Thanked: 853 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Stupid question:

Since there is extensive use of plastic - how will it impact the insurance claims? The insurance companies in India are particularly notorious in payment of claims for plastic parts.
Well regular comprehensive insurance will provide 50% coverage for the plastic parts. You can buy Zero depreciation policy which should cover entire cost(including plastic) in case of damage.
PrideRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 20:44   #124
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 69
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

I called my dealership today to ask about the approx. delivery date and they told they are not sure but most probably it will be sometime in December. And it is when I had booked on 12 September even before they started booking officially.
The attitude can be seen clearly in the voice of SA. When I said that I may have to consider buying some other car if the delivery date is after November his response was 'wo apki ichcha hai. aap kabhi bhi cancel kar sakte ho'.
I think I am done with Renault. If this is the attitude they have for a potential customer I don't know what kind of service they will provide once they have got all the money from me.
Off topic but can anyone suggest a good car in the budget of 6 lakhs (can be stretched a little). I hate the designs of WagonR, Swift and Dzire. So something except them.
chandra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 23:11   #125
BHPian
 
silverado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 829
Thanked: 419 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

This is from a Nano owners perspective:

Kwid betters Nano in below areas :

Image - SUVish image
Front seats better shaped have lot more cushion
Boot space
Touch screen
Conventional glove-box, and front door bottle holders.
Higher top speed
Disc brakes at front
Better suspension - as per review.
Better wiper and spray arrangement.
Most importantly it has a Driver airbag option.

Nano betters Kwid in this area :

AMT as of now, but Kwid is expected to come soon.
On road price
Maintenance and service cost - i don't think it will be as cheap as Nano
Dealership network
Headlights ? ( Nano has powerful setup, not sure of Kwid )
Genx nano has one accessory which Kwid does not have - Sunroof

Things which we are not yet sure of Kwid compared to Nano.

Nano scored 0 in crash tests, what about Kwid?
Fuel efficiency
Long term reliability
How Renault is going to handle the load - if kwid sells well.

Top end Nano on road Mumbai cost - 3.00 approx, Top end Kwid on road Mumbai - Should be around 4.75-5.00 approx.

If its a first time buyer on tight budget even, this price difference can be huge, but he will still be tempted to go for Kwid since loan amount may not vary much in terms of monthly installments.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 23:21   #126
BHPian
 
kkkkkaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 135
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post

Off topic but can anyone suggest a good car in the budget of 6 lakhs (can be stretched a little). I hate the designs of WagonR, Swift and Dzire. So something except them.

My pick is the grand i10. Has lovely interiors, comes pretty loaded with features, and has a nice peppy engine!
kkkkkaran is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 05:52   #127
BHPian
 
itzvicky201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: KA03
Posts: 82
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
My pick is the grand i10. Has lovely interiors, comes pretty loaded with features, and has a nice peppy engine!
Agree. For 6 lakhs grand i10 is a value pack. Loaded with features, premium interiors, nice colors (liked the orange one) . You can go for the sportz model, it should suffice most of your basic requirements.
itzvicky201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 10:10   #128
BHPian
 
wadewilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Guwahati/Diphu
Posts: 103
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
I called my dealership today to ask about the approx. delivery date and they told they are not sure but most probably it will be sometime in December. .
Same situation, mine quoted "sometime in January"

I think we're better off selecting something like the Grand i10 instead. This is too much. We guys booked KWID in September but they're gonna deliver the first batch after 3-4 months? Pointless to wait. Better to jump ship
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 11:19   #129
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: RJ-02,DL,MH-12
Posts: 699
Thanked: 695 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Renault has done it again - this reminds me of the early days of Duster success when the SA will refuse to let you have a longer test drive, provide additional information, open for outside insurance... the list is endless.

A friend of mine was quite interested in picking up Duster but just because of arrogance at the dealership decided to stay away from the 110 hp model. He spent that money in a W8 XUV and is happy with decision as XUV is equally successful and has been a trouble free machine till now and obviously with 140 bhp under the hood, it is better as compared to Duster.

I am amazed as to how Maruti and even Hyundai ensures that SA at dealership remain polite and humble. I have witnessed impolite behavior by Honda dealership to the extent that he even got the sales manager to get support, which was not at all required and even worse with Ford after Ecosport success.

I have not had any experience with Tata after 2003, but I am told the dealership experience has improved.

I hope that Renault after bringing a good product should also engage with their dealers to ensure that customer experience is improved.

Last edited by i74js : 21st October 2015 at 11:20.
i74js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 12:55   #130
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 157
Thanked: 179 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
Agree. For 6 lakhs grand i10 is a value pack. Loaded with features, premium interiors, nice colors (liked the orange one) . You can go for the sportz model, it should suffice most of your basic requirements.
My two cents. Ford Figo 1.2P Trend comes with two airbags besides similar specs & features otherwise. About 25K cheaper than Grand i10 Sportz.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 13:00   #131
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 69
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
Agree. For 6 lakhs grand i10 is a value pack. Loaded with features, premium interiors, nice colors (liked the orange one) . You can go for the sportz model, it should suffice most of your basic requirements.
I love the looks of elite i20. Do you think getting the mid level variant of i20 will be better than buying the top variant of grand i10?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
I think we're better off selecting something like the Grand i10 instead. This is too much. We guys booked KWID in September but they're gonna deliver the first batch after 3-4 months? Pointless to wait. Better to jump ship
Yes. I have started looking for other options. The only regret is that I wasted more than a month waiting for Kwid. Now even if I book another car I don't think I will be able to get it before Nov. end due to festive season rush.
chandra1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 13:02   #132
BHPian
 
itzvicky201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: KA03
Posts: 82
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Renault has done it again - this reminds me of the early days of Duster success when the SA will refuse to let you have a longer test drive, provide additional information, open for outside insurance... the list is endless.

I hope that Renault after bringing a good product should also engage with their dealers to ensure that customer experience is improved.
With a good product in the block, would suggest people to put a mail to Renault customer care and escalate it. Hope Renault customer care is like Honda who views customer feedback and comments with highest regard.
itzvicky201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 13:05   #133
BHPian
 
itzvicky201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: KA03
Posts: 82
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
My two cents. Ford Figo 1.2P Trend comes with two airbags besides similar specs & features otherwise. About 25K cheaper than Grand i10 Sportz.
Have not driven Ford Figo, but yes with the specs given and especially on safety at this price, Ford Figo is a great deal. Again Hyundai has better service centres than Ford, that actually puts me off from Ford.
itzvicky201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 14:00   #134
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 157
Thanked: 179 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
Have not driven Ford Figo, but yes with the specs given and especially on safety at this price, Ford Figo is a great deal. Again Hyundai has better service centres than Ford, that actually puts me off from Ford.
Reach of Marunti & Hyundai is not matched by others. If that is a deal breaker, all are out of consideration including Renault.
rsm97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 14:09   #135
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 649
Thanked: 779 Times
Default Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
And it is when I had booked on 12 September even before they started booking officially.
The attitude can be seen clearly in the voice of SA. When I said that I may have to consider buying some other car if the delivery date is after November his response was 'wo apki ichcha hai. aap kabhi bhi cancel kar sakte ho'.
I think I am done with Renault.
Right now, they have a fairly good number of bookings, and they have a quite long waiting list. If half of them cancel, they will be able to deliver cars for the remaining half of them sooner.
Most of the reviews have told that Kwid is the best A segment car till date and once the car starts getting good word of mouth publicity from the buyers, the bookings will come anyway, to keep them occupied.
So, they do not need to bother about some people like you cancelling their bookings. It actually gives them good breathing space, and a peaceful work environment, instead of having to deal with customers who have no patience to wait.
For those who cannot wait, or expect to be treated respectfully, there is always Maruti & Hyundai waiting with decent products and great after sales support!
Who knows, after a year you may be able to buy Kwid for less than half the price in resale market!
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs! S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 781 13th October 2015 22:24
Renault XBA: Now unveiled as the Kwid rajeev k The Indian Car Scene 36 21st May 2015 16:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks