Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2017, 09:55   #1606
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 6
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Planning to acquire a TUV 300 100 BHP MT in the next 2 months or so. I am aware of the niggles and the fact that owners have been getting these addressed during scheduled/unscheduled visits to the service centers.

I may be wrong but I get the feeling that Mahindra has not sorted out these issues at the factory level yet and is only responding to specific complaints. Before I put the money on the table, is there any way of ensuring that the new vehicle doesn't suffer from these issues. To summarize, I have gleaned the following from the forum till now:

1. 'Whoosh' sound during gear shift
2. Seat belt non-retraction (even the TD vehicle had this !!)
3. Excessive coolant depletion due to leakage
4. Free-spinning of rear wheels on inclines

My concern is that how does one get these resolved in a new vehicle when they have not occurred. Or should I simply go ahead and get them resolved as and when they occur.

Thanks
Malyaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 13:01   #1607
Senior - BHPian
 
procrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,098
Thanked: 2,441 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyaj View Post
I may be wrong but I get the feeling that Mahindra has not sorted out these issues at the factory level yet and is only responding to specific complaints.
From the list of complaints posted here and other online forums, they seem to have sorted a few things and left a few more hanging.

Quote:
Before I put the money on the table, is there any way of ensuring that the new vehicle doesn't suffer from these issues.
I would suggest you pause and take a long hard look at the all your options before you decide to invest 10L in the TUV. It has niggles and issues, which most car/manufacturers have, but what is really worrying is M&Ms lackadaisical response to customer issues.

This is not the case with the XUV as they do their best and more to ensure that customer problems are sorted out in most cases. But in case of the TUV, the customer is just a second rung customer who invested only 10L and hence doesn't warrant the full attention of M&M.

Having said that, I must say that I do enjoy driving my car and after every trip, I have a big smile on my face. But at the back of my head, I worry that the end product might not be built to last and hence I need to make sure that I check, listen, adjust etc. and stay tuned to performance of the vehicle. While I am learning to live with it, for a lot of people, this might not be acceptable.

Quote:
To summarize, I have gleaned the following from the forum till now:

1. 'Whoosh' sound during gear shift
2. Seat belt non-retraction (even the TD vehicle had this !!)
3. Excessive coolant depletion due to leakage
4. Free-spinning of rear wheels on inclines
Here is the list of niggles/issues & product recalls/modifications that I have come across (feedback from here + other online forums + facebook)

1. Modulator + Vaccum resonator
2. Coolant leakage/depletion - primarily due to a clamp that needs to be changed
3. Fuel pump issues - many owners got the fuel pump unit replaced
4. ABS wiring rear wheels - needs to be adjusted
5. Seat belt issues
6. Gear box noise during cold start
7. Gradual loss of power - had to replace all vaccum hoses More details on my ownership thread here (Red Dwarf – My 2016 Mahindra TUV300 T8 Manual)
8. Wheelspin - again this can be largely negated by careful driving. I haved faced this issue only once in the 28K kms I have driven.
9. Issues during high speed breaking - read a few posts on Facebook about this where owners complained that the brakes did not apply and even ABS did not work. I have never faced this issue and nor has any one here complained about the same. Hence not sure how valid this is.
10. Radiator fan replacement - this was done proactively by M&M. Not sure what the issue is.

Quote:
My concern is that how does one get these resolved in a new vehicle when they have not occurred. Or should I simply go ahead and get them resolved as and when they occur.
You cant get these resolved in a new vehicle. You will have to prove it to MASS folks that the problem exists before you can ask for solution/replacement.

Last edited by procrj : 3rd May 2017 at 13:02.
procrj is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 13:37   #1608
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 6
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Thanks procrj, you make a lot of valid points. My previous drives have been Ford Figo (old), SX4 and WagonR, all trouble free cars. I have never had to visit a service center apart from issues arising out of routine wear and tear.

A lingering doubt during and after every ride is something I want to avoid. Having said that, I do see that most TUV owners have enjoyed their ride, niggles aside.

I am not financially committed to the TUV yet so I might look at another vehicle. My requirement simple - solid built quality, above average space, decent ground clearance, low cost of ownership and an engine that can reach and handle upto 100 kmph without struggling much. I don't care much about fancy looks and features. Budget about 10L roundabouts

Last edited by Malyaj : 3rd May 2017 at 13:50.
Malyaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 17:45   #1609
Senior - BHPian
 
procrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,098
Thanked: 2,441 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyaj View Post
My requirement simple - solid built quality, above average space, decent ground clearance, low cost of ownership and an engine that can reach and handle upto 100 kmph without struggling much. I don't care much about fancy looks and features. Budget about 10L roundabouts
Given your requirements, I don’t think you will really need a TUV unless you frequently travel with 5 aduts + luggage. Hence I would suggest you try to get your hands on a well maintained S Cross 1.3 or consider the Ertiga as you will be spared the joy of spending time at MASS
procrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 23:02   #1610
BHPian
 
mi2n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 415
Thanked: 934 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Friends, sharing some good news.

All the owners who received the new part has reported that the wheel spin issue has been totally solved. Kudos to Mahindra for providing a prompt and effective solution and as always, reacting positively to user's feedback and complaints. The replacement part is seemingly major and it is really appreciated that Mahindra has not only worked on the issue promptly but also did not shy away from providing this expensive fix to end customers totally free of cost under warranty.

Posting the videos shared by respective owners showing the Tank in action before and after installation of new "MLD" :

mi2n is online now   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 14:40   #1611
BHPian
 
TaurusAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai - MH 01
Posts: 521
Thanked: 315 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Friends, sharing some good news.

All the owners who received the new part has reported that the wheel spin issue has been totally solved.
This is excellent news and Kudos to Mahindra. I will go to the service station next week and see what is the procedure to get this problem fixed. I drive in rural area quiet often and I have often encountered wheel spins. This will give me real peace of mind.
TaurusAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 14:50   #1612
Senior - BHPian
 
comfortablynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,293
Thanked: 891 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Posting the videos shared by respective owners showing the Tank in action before and after installation of new "MLD"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
This is excellent news and Kudos to Mahindra.
If they have indeed solved this issue by fitting a MLD, then it's very creditable as it is quite an expensive part (costs more than Rs.20k, I think), even if we consider that M&M would have got a bulk order discount.

Related thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...off-shelf.html (Eaton MLD (M-Locker) now available off the shelf)

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 9th May 2017 at 14:52.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2017, 11:57   #1613
BHPian
 
dieselburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: UK08/HR26
Posts: 48
Thanked: 67 Times
Default

Hi All,
My TUV is due for 40k service. Regarding MLD is it offered by M&M to all TUV owners or is it trial only as of now.
dieselburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 14:46   #1614
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,103
Thanked: 3,780 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Hi All,
My TUV is due for 40k service. Regarding MLD is it offered by M&M to all TUV owners or is it trial only as of now.
Please get this checked with your local MASS. Also you can put this query to CUSTOMERCARE@mahindra.com. From MASS, you can also get the name / phone number of your Area Manager- Customer Care and put this query to him.

On a side note you have done some serious mile munching there dieselburner, covering 40K kms in under 2 years. I guess your daily drive is almost 100 kms. Would you mind sharing your 30K service details? Since it is the first paid service, I want to know the labor charges. Are these fair enough compared to competition?
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 16:51   #1615
BHPian
 
dieselburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: UK08/HR26
Posts: 48
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Thanks for sharing the mail id, will do it definitely.
Regarding mile munching yes its almost 16 months with TUV and odo stands at 40k. TUV is my daily drive but this number came mostly from the highway drives, my daily drive is hardly appx 30 kms.

I have attached the excel sheet for the charges of the 30k service.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Please get this checked with your local MASS. Also you can put this query to CUSTOMERCARE@mahindra.com. From MASS, you can also get the name / phone number of your Area Manager- Customer Care and put this query to him.

On a side note you have done some serious mile munching there dieselburner, covering 40K kms in under 2 years. I guess your daily drive is almost 100 kms. Would you mind sharing your 30K service details? Since it is the first paid service, I want to know the labor charges. Are these fair enough compared to competition?
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx tuv 4th service.xlsx (11.1 KB, 291 views)
dieselburner is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 22:13   #1616
BHPian
 
ezee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 198
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

My TUV is going for MLD change on Wednesday. Lets see the performance after change.

Till now people reported it very helpful in wheel slip issues.
ezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 10:40   #1617
BHPian
 
dieselburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: UK08/HR26
Posts: 48
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Hi, where are you getting it done from GSP Motors or Sterling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
My TUV is going for MLD change on Wednesday. Lets see the performance after change.

Till now people reported it very helpful in wheel slip issues.
dieselburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 14:38   #1618
BHPian
 
ezee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 198
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Hi, where are you getting it done from GSP Motors or Sterling?
Sterling Motor in Udyog Vihar.
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 10:57   #1619
BHPian
 
dieselburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: UK08/HR26
Posts: 48
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Hi, hope you have got the part changed in your TUV.
How is it performing now? Also can you share how much time is required for this part change. also if you can share some pictures of the process/part if you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Sterling Motor in Udyog Vihar.
dieselburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2017, 09:42   #1620
BHPian
 
ezee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 198
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Hi, hope you have got the part changed in your TUV.
How is it performing now? Also can you share how much time is required for this part change. also if you can share some pictures of the process/part if you have.
Yes got that changed. Normally it will take around one and half day and you will get your TUV back next day but due to urgency they finished job same day for me and delivered by 8 pm.

Till now performance is good but didn't get any chance to try hands in off roading.

I think its an opportunity to get this major change and increase the resale value of your TUV, so everyone should go for it.
ezee is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra Reva e2o : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 440 20th October 2017 15:01
Mahindra Quanto : Official Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 295 15th August 2017 18:58
Mahindra TUV300 Ownership Review - A Tank to tame the road! CAPTAIN REX Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 110 10th March 2016 13:23
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs Aditya The Indian Car Scene 1171 28th October 2015 11:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:10.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks