Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2017, 15:12   #1651
BHPian
 
ambujlal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 259
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
If you want to ensure that everything is done as it should be, drop a note to the service head of the dealership and ask him to confirm that PDI was done as defined by M&M and the car will be delivered in tip top shape on Wednseday. This way you will at least be a step ahead and your MASS will also know that they need to treat you seriously else you will take them to task. PM if you need contact details for IG.
Thanks for the inputs.

India Garage didn't even bother to give a test drive even after multiple promises of the same. I am dealing with Sireesh Auto, Silk Board. The SE is a pretty good person and till now I don't have any reason to complaint. I hope this experience continues
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 15:13   #1652
BHPian
 
ramnaresh_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 35
Thanked: 10 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Met with a minor accident on the road, autowala bumped in to the side of my tank. Bumper brackets damaged, small dent on side of the tank and tail light broken (left side). Called in MASS, they quoted 15k for new bumper and they said if we order now it will be delivered in 10 days Took to local denting place, they quoted 2,500 for fitting a screw to the bumper and color, which will leave an ugly bump near bumper, so not sure.

Any idea how much the tail light will cost for the tank? I do not want to claim insurance as I will lose out on no claim bonus and next year the premium will be high. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Eddy : 28th May 2017 at 15:23. Reason: Extra smiley
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 15:47   #1653
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,301
Thanked: 13,069 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Any idea how much the tail light will cost for the tank?
Attaching screenshot of the tail lamp assembly

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20170528154506.png

Part name: TAIL LAMP ASSY LH WITH FOG
Part Number: 1703AU300091N
Price: 1,150
a4anurag is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 17:26   #1654
BHPian
 
ramnaresh_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 35
Thanked: 10 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Attaching screenshot of the tail lamp assembly

Attachment 1643188

Part name: TAIL LAMP ASSY LH WITH FOG
Part Number: 1703AU300091N
Price: 1,150
Thank you a4anurag, can you share the source of this screenshot. This is really helpful.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 11:24   #1655
BHPian
 
ramnaresh_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 35
Thanked: 10 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Dropped off the tank at MASS yesterday and claimed insurance. Hopefully everything will be resolved. Fingers crossed. Received an SMS stating the vehicle will be delivered on 17th June. I was really surprised as to why it will take so long. SA said bumper is not in stock.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 11:33   #1656
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 4,004
Thanked: 9,421 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Thank you a4anurag, can you share the source of this screenshot. This is really helpful.
This is as of today a bible for parts catalogue one would be interested to know for any brand: ORI Parts.

Refer this by clicking on the manufacturer of your choice and then the Model and then the right section - Body (all those lights) , Electrical, Engine etc.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 13:06   #1657
BHPian
 
diyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 250
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Received an SMS stating the vehicle will be delivered on 17th June.
Why would you want to be without the vehicle so long? I would rather take the vehicle back whenever the bumper comes in Stock. I've seen the cars getting extremely dirty when stored at these workshops and especially the dust getting in seats is my fear.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 13:33   #1658
BHPian
 
mi2n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 395
Thanked: 774 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Just got back from a short and sweet trip to Sikkim. The Tank performed superbly all through. Easily mastering slush, deep ruts, bad roads and steep inclines without breaking a sweat. I'm holding off on swapping to MLD as I did not face a single instance of wheel spin even on the most susceptible situations. Leaving a teaser picture here in hope of being able to write a full travelogue soon

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170527_182345_040.jpg
mi2n is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 13:56   #1659
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,092
Thanked: 3,762 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
This is as of today a bible for parts catalogue one would be interested to know for any brand: ORI Parts.

Refer this by clicking on the manufacturer of your choice and then the Model and then the right section - Body (all those lights) , Electrical, Engine etc.
Wow, this is really a bible of spare parts. Wonderful find and thanks for sharing it Parag. However since this is a third party portal, what is its authenticity? Also when I clicked on the price of TUV Fog lamp it took me to the website of another another spare parts supplier from where we can create a shopping cart and place online order. Is this some sort of a consortium of all auto spare parts suppliers in India?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Just got back from a short and sweet trip to Sikkim. The Tank performed superbly all through. Easily mastering slush, deep ruts, bad roads and steep inclines without breaking a sweat. I'm holding off on swapping to MLD as I did not face a single instance of wheel spin even on the most susceptible situations. Leaving a teaser picture here in hope of being able to write a full travelogue soon
Congratulations mi2n on completing an eventful trip to the mountains. Eargerly awaiting for your travelogue. Also good to know that the tank performed flawlessly, especially since there were no wheel spins. Looks like your tank was fully loaded and there was enough traction for both the rear wheels.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 30th May 2017 at 14:01.
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 14:02   #1660
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 4,004
Thanked: 9,421 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Wow, this is really a bible of spare parts. Wonderful find and thanks for sharing it Parag. However since this is a third party portal, what is its authenticity? Also when I clicked on the price of TUV Fog lamp it took me to the website of another another spare parts supplier from where we can create a shopping cart and place online order. Is this some sort of a consortium of all auto spare parts suppliers in India?
I have never ordered from here but recently I wanted to replace the weather strip of my Ertiga on the roof as the clip had become loose. So I first wanted to check for the part number and I could easily find it here.

Then with this part number, I called an MGP Outlet and they confirmed the availability and I just went there and bought that .

But I recently came across a case where I have heard someone successfully ordering a part online and getting it delivered without a fuss. Just that I am unable to recall who did that.

As you know many renowned multibrand service centers easily manage OE spares today, I am sure it won't be a difficult task for this site to do that for you.

But yes, a wonderfully maintained site to at least check the parts and know the price.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 14:58   #1661
BHPian
 
ramnaresh_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 35
Thanked: 10 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Why would you want to be without the vehicle so long? I would rather take the vehicle back whenever the bumper comes in Stock. I've seen the cars getting extremely dirty when stored at these workshops and especially the dust getting in seats is my fear.
My insurance should have some clause like 1000 INR per day until the car is in workshop for a max of 10 days. If this is not the case, then I will get my tank back.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 14:31   #1662
BHPian
 
ramnaresh_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 35
Thanked: 10 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Finally got a call from my SA yesterday, insurance approved for both front and back bumper. Hopefully will be delivered within a week. Missing my tank already. Any tips to maintain black tank? I had to park outside everyday and everyday it accumulates dust. Cleaning it daily is taking me 30-45 minutes a day. Will teflon coating help to keep off the dust from the vehichle? Any other suggestions?
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 15:24   #1663
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,092
Thanked: 3,762 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Finally got a call from my SA yesterday, insurance approved for both front and back bumper. Hopefully will be delivered within a week. Missing my tank already. Any tips to maintain black tank? I had to park outside everyday and everyday it accumulates dust. Cleaning it daily is taking me 30-45 minutes a day. Will teflon coating help to keep off the dust from the vehichle? Any other suggestions?
I can understand your plight, black color is very difficult to maintain. Smallest amount of dust gets accentuated on that color. If you are using your Tank daily then gift your tank a Jopasu Duster. Wiping off the dust from the tank body and window glasses/ windshield should not take more than 3-4 minutes. The wax coated threads on the duster act like dust magnet and pull off all the dust in just one swipe. If you use your Tank only on weekends then you can go for a good quality body cover as well.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 31st May 2017 at 15:33.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 15:48   #1664
Senior - BHPian
 
ariesonu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,074
Thanked: 1,235 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Why would you want to be without the vehicle so long? I would rather take the vehicle back whenever the bumper comes in Stock. I've seen the cars getting extremely dirty when stored at these workshops and especially the dust getting in seats is my fear.
Exactly my thoughts. Another very serious possibility is abuse of vehicle.

Just recently, a friend wanted to TD my TUV but I got late and meanwhile he asked nearest the Mahindra Showroom for TD vehicle.
They immediately sent one, which looked like somebody's vehicle as it had all assorted ornaments that someone places on dashboard or hang by IRVM.
By the time my friend finished his TD, I also arrived and asked the Mahindra guy about this TUV, he was pretty clueless and said that he had brought the vehicle from service center.
I gave piece of my mind to my SA who works in same M.S.S and questioned him as how could I now trust them about safety & security of my vehicle during next service.

So I suggest that since your TUV is drivable, take it back & then give it when the bumper has arrived.

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 17:52   #1665
BHPian
 
ramnaresh_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 35
Thanked: 10 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I can understand your plight, black color is very difficult to maintain. Smallest amount of dust gets accentuated on that color. If you are using your Tank daily then gift your tank a Jopasu Duster. Wiping off the dust from the tank body and window glasses/ windshield should not take more than 3-4 minutes. The wax coated threads on the duster act like dust magnet and pull off all the dust in just one swipe. If you use your Tank only on weekends then you can go for a good quality body cover as well.
Thank you foe the inputs AutoIndian. I use my tank everyday. Is this the one you were referring to ?

Jopasu Car Duster https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00RJQ8XHU/..._CoRlzbZB4KK26
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra Quanto : Official Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 295 15th August 2017 18:58
Mahindra Reva e2o : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 439 2nd August 2017 08:23
Mahindra TUV300 Ownership Review - A Tank to tame the road! CAPTAIN REX Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 110 10th March 2016 13:23
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs Aditya The Indian Car Scene 1171 28th October 2015 11:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:10.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks