Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2015, 08:01   #196
BHPian
 
procrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 765
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
Trust me, I completely fell in love with the tank the moment I saw her.
Welcome to TBHP TItanium and I can understand and echo your sentiment The Dynamo Red looks very good. Is that a T8 or T8+? Drive safe and keep us posted on your adventures with the tank
procrj is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 08:19   #197
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 83
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium
I decided to test drive the vehicle. Trust me, I completely fell in love with the tank the moment I saw her. I booked the vehicle on 22nd of September and I received it on 6th of November. A very long wait !! Congratulations to all the TUV owners, Captain Rex, AutoIndian, SilverKnight and Nishant kar. You all have made the right choice !! I might be the first female member to talk about the tank in this thread. I look forward to create beautiful journeys with her.
Congrats, Titanium on acquiring the tank. :clap Please share your opinion and the driving experience for the benefit of the rest of the readers.
narenteam is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 09:27   #198
BHPian
 
sandev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kharghar/Navi M
Posts: 112
Thanked: 100 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Booked "Kwid" online as an second car, went to take a look at the vehicle when it came to showroom on display. Just when we were to go back while getting into my car, I saw Mahindra's showroom adjacent to Renault showroom at Panvel. We went in to check out the newly launched TUV 3OO which anyhow got my attention since it launched.

Me and my wife took the TD and were impressed with the drive and ride quality. The drivability is very much different from the Scorpio I drove (Old Model and the only Mahindra vehicle I had driven - Specially the Body Roll). So after a long thought, we booked it on 30 Oct and got delivery of our TUV 3OO on 9th Nov 2016 (Dhanteras Day).

It is too early to give my opinion on the vehicle. Not even driven 100 KMs. But so far, I loved the interior, drivability (very different from hatch back...of course), looks and more importantly the head turns I get on road . Looking forward for the long long drives over the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151107_143824.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151107_143837.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151107_143855.jpg  

Attached Images
 
sandev is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 09:54   #199
BHPian
 
Arindam_Nayek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 128
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Surprise Surprise ! Its raining like hell in Bangalore and guess what its raining TUVs in Team BHP too. Congrats to all the new owners. We would wait for the ownership reports.

I know its very early to ask but curious to know if anyone has done long highway trips in the vehicle. Please share your experiences.

Happy Diwali & wish you all a very pleasant experience with the Tank.
Arindam_Nayek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 09:55   #200
BHPian
 
procrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 765
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
Booked "Kwid" online as an second car
Kwid to Tank, that's quiet an upgrade And its raining TUVs on TBHP. Might be time to bite the bullet and book the tank before prices go up
procrj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 11:17   #201
BHPian
 
sandev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kharghar/Navi M
Posts: 112
Thanked: 100 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

I missed to mention, It was Tushar's excellent review on TUV 300 that made me confident to go ahead and buy the Tank!!! Thanks Tushar .
sandev is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 12:18   #202
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MH-14
Posts: 826
Thanked: 556 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Just read an article on M&M's dhanteras sales. They managed to sell 11,500 vehicles. That's too good figure I think. Obviously TUV300 is the product which attracting maximum demand.

By the congrats to all new TUV owners and happy miles.

Source
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 12:33   #203
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Thanks a lot AutoIndian, Procrj and Narenteam for your kind words. My tank is a T8 manual variant. My beloved late husband owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee while we were in Chicago. So you all can understand my sentiments with regard to TUV300. The front grills do resemble the grills of Jeep Grand Cherokee. I didn't know to drive while I was in Chicago as I had a driving phobia. I would really love to share my transformation from someone who never knew to drive to being very passionate about driving on Team-BHP forum someday. Transition from Jeep Grand Cherokee to Mahindra TUV300. Coming to the point, for a woman who has driven only a hatch back (Chevrolet Beat Diesel) and a compact sedan (my sister's car- Xcent), driving a vehicle based on ladder frame chassis is a completely new experience. But it is amazing that I didn't find any difficulty sitting behind the wheels of the tank. I will write in detail about the things I like about her and that which I dislike. But no vehicle is perfect in this world, so is the TUV300. It depends upon the customer's budget and requirements. Before upgrading to the tank, I had checked on Duster, EcoSport and Creta. All of them are very beautiful vehicles with good power and performance. But their diesel top variants were out of my budget and I didn't like the space factor. Those vehicles are good for a family of 2 or 3 adults and a child. But when I travel on long trips, I have a family of 4 adults(including me) and a child.

Here is a picture of my first long trip in the tank( Mangalore to Murudeshwara). The driving experience on the highway was beyond what I expected. I am confident that I made the right decision in buying the tank. My brother is my mentor when it comes to the technicalities of a car. I religiously follow his advice. I didn't let the new engine rev beyond 2000 rpm. So I really can't comment on the highway cruising. Please give me some time to pen down my views. Wish you all a very happy Diwali. May you and your family be blessed with good health, peace, love and happiness always.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-image.jpg  

Titanium is offline   (14) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 12:41   #204
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,864
Thanked: 3,341 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
So after a long thought, we booked it on 30 Oct and got delivery of our TUV 3OO on 9th Nov 2016 (Dhanteras Day).
Hearty congratulations sandev mate and same pinch. Yours is the second Molten Orange TUV T8 on TBHP after mine

Quote:
It is too early to give my opinion on the vehicle. Not even driven 100 KMs. But so far, I loved the interior, drivability (very different from hatch back...of course), looks and more importantly the head turns I get on road . Looking forward for the long long drives over the time.
Absolutely I agree. I have just driven over 200kms and the attention this car gets on road is simply mind boggling, be it admiration, respect or scare, you are guaranteed a second stare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Surprise Surprise ! Its raining like hell in Bangalore and guess what its raining TUVs in Team BHP too. Congrats to all the new owners. We would wait for the ownership reports.
So true, initially even I was surprised to see a luke warm response to such a capable car with spot on pricing. I guess slowly our TBHP members are warming up to this car and I won't be surprised if this thread gets flooded with TUVs.

Quote:
I know its very early to ask but curious to know if anyone has done long highway trips in the vehicle. Please share your experiences.

Happy Diwali & wish you all a very pleasant experience with the Tank.
Wish you too Arindam and other forum members alike a very Happy Diwali. Though my daily office commute involves part of NH4 and NH8, it is too early to do a long highway trip. Moreover I have not yet received the registration number, hence not venturing on long drives. Also the office work is going to keep me busy till Dec end. Once I hit the Christmas holidays, I am sure I am going to live on road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Kwid to Tank, that's quiet an upgrade And its raining TUVs on TBHP. Might be time to bite the bullet and book the tank before prices go up
procrj, if you have liked the car and if it meets most of your requirements, don't wait any further and "bite the bullet" before it becomes too hot. Once TUVs start swarming the roads, you may have to wait for a longer duration to get yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
I missed to mention, It was Tushar's excellent review on TUV 300 that made me confident to go ahead and buy the Tank!!! Thanks Tushar .
No doubt about that. Tushar's review was out only after I had taken 3 test drives and already booked the car. However after going through the review, it was like a "TBHP Certification" on my decision. He was spot on with all his observations.

Today morning I thought of checking the tyre pressure. Each tyre had 32psi against the specified pressure of 35psi. Guess due to the winter chill setting in the tyre pressure might have got reduced. Immediately took out my Accurate pressure gauge and "antique" foot pump (antique, because it is 20+ years old, Dad used to pump air in his Bajaj M-80 with this pump) and pumped in air to have 35psi pressure in each of the tyres (barring spare one). Some pictures below of the pressure gauge and pump.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151111_113740.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151111_113702.jpg

What did I learn @ my TUV today #3: 10-Nov-2015
Yesterday while returning from office I could hear a very mild rattle from the driver side door. I initially thought that I might not have closed it properly. Hence opened and slammed it three times, however the rattle won't go. I then checked the seat belt if it was banging against the door, but even that was not the case. I then pulled the window glass a bit down and voila, the rattle vanished (even on very bad roads). So it seems when the window glass is fully rolled up it might be touching some metal surface and bads roads accentuate the rattle. I pulled the glass 1-2 mm down and the noise vanished. I can live with this till I get a solution to it during first service.

I had attached the nice "Ganesh" key chain to my car key given by the dealer. However being metallic and a bit long it used to bang against the dash when the car went over every bump or pot hole. Immediately after reaching home I got rid of the key chain and there is only a steel ring attached to the key.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 12:43   #205
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 83
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by injun269 View Post
Comgrats Nishant. The black looks real cool man. Is that the AMT? I've booked a black AMT. Tirupathi dealer has said 3rd week of November, waiting with baited breath and in the meantime devouring all the write ups you guys are putting up - you all have really educated me. Thanks.
Thanks . Mine is a T8 Manual. T8 AMT will have no cosmetic changes.
nishant kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 13:35   #206
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 83
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

TUV has already clocked 890 kms. I anticipate 3000 Km service will be done in another 2 weeks.

Accessories Added

Front and Rear Bull Guard.
Amplifiers and Subwoofer
Carpet Mats (for Scorpio) as TUV were not yet available.

Will be soon adding sill plates, door visors & seat covers when they are available.
nishant kar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 13:46   #207
BHPian
 
achyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 147
Thanked: 346 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
TUV is now my daily drive of 100 kms and is happily munching miles.
Congrats Nishant! The black looks nice. I have seen a couple of them on road here in Bangalore and sure does make heads turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
Booked "Kwid" online as an second car.. after a long thought, we booked it on 30 Oct and got delivery of our TUV 3OO on 9th Nov 2016 (Dhanteras Day).
NICE! If Kwid was supposed to be a second car, what is your first one? And wow, TUV must have struck the right chords to make you buy it. Very happy for you. Congratulations! I have been telling my friends, who are looking to buy a new vehicle, to consider the TUV, especially the ones looking at the Duster 85ps and the Ecosport. M&M have it right from almost all angles with this product. At this price point, its a gem for Indian city roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
I booked the vehicle on 22nd of September and I received it on 6th of November.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
My beloved late husband owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee while we were in Chicago. So you all can understand my sentiments with regard to TUV300. The front grills do resemble the grills of Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Congratulations Titanium! Every car probably has a story. Even those couple of lines in your post are very touching. Wish you many happy miles and a great ownership experience!

My wife calls my new XUV my second wife and sometimes I feel she gets jealous of all the attention I give my BattleCat. I must try and make her understand that the CAT is a him and not a 'her'

Quote:
Here is a picture of my first long trip in the tank( Mangalore to Murudeshwara).
Were you there on Sunday? I was at Murudeshwar on Sunday and stayed with family at RNS Residency. It was my first real long drive too. I just posted a travelogue with lots of pictures - here is the link.

Last edited by achyu : 11th November 2015 at 13:47.
achyu is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 14:20   #208
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,864
Thanked: 3,341 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
TUV has already clocked 890 kms. I anticipate 3000 Km service will be done in another 2 weeks.
That is called mile munching. @ 100 kms/day, yours will be the fastest ticking odo on this forum.

Quote:
Accessories Added

Front and Rear Bull Guard.
Amplifiers and Subwoofer
Carpet Mats (for Scorpio) as TUV were not yet available.

Will be soon adding sill plates, door visors & seat covers when they are available.
Sir, could you please share a picture of the bull guards. I would strongly recommend not to fit front bull guards at least. The front bumper houses the air bag sensors. God forbid if you ever have a frontal impact, the bull bar will take the hit, which will be transferred to the chassis and the chassis will deform, the sensors will remain in tact and so will be the air bags. Obviously the airbags won't deploy when you need them the most. So think again and act wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
Thanks a lot AutoIndian, Procrj and Narenteam for your kind words. My tank is a T8 manual variant. My beloved late husband owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee while we were in Chicago. So you all can understand my sentiments with regard to TUV300. The front grills do resemble the grills of Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Very sorry to know about your past. You made my eyes go moist. I could sense your emotional attachment with your hubby. I think he would be happy to see (from wherever he is) that his passion and legacy is still being continued. Isn't it amazing you went for TUV considering its close resemblance to the Jeep Grand Cherokee, I went for it due to its practicality, ruggedness and SUV underpinnings, some others might have gone for its butch looks, road presence, frugal engine. One car meeting such a vast array of requirements

Quote:
I didn't know to drive while I was in Chicago as I had a driving phobia. I would really love to share my transformation from someone who never knew to drive to being very passionate about driving on Team-BHP forum someday. Transition from Jeep Grand Cherokee to Mahindra TUV300.
That would be an interesting read. Looking forward to hear the story of your transformation.

Quote:
But no vehicle is perfect in this world, so is the TUV300. It depends upon the customer's budget and requirements. Before upgrading to the tank, I had checked on Duster, EcoSport and Creta. All of them are very beautiful vehicles with good power and performance. But their diesel top variants were out of my budget and I didn't like the space factor. Those vehicles are good for a family of 2 or 3 adults and a child. But when I travel on long trips, I have a family of 4 adults(including me) and a child.
So very true. If we know exactly what are our requirements, then we go for a car within our budget, which fulfils most of our requirements and then we learn to live with its shortcomings. All the cars mentioned above (Duster, EcoSport and Creta) are seen as competitors to the TUV. However these are more sophisticated and priced considerably higher than the TUV. Moreover these are better suited for nuclear families in urban jungles. Show them the real jungles, rural broken roads or no roads or big Indian families and these cars won't be able to match the TUV.

Quote:
I didn't let the new engine rev beyond 2000 rpm. So I really can't comment on the highway cruising. Please give me some time to pen down my views.
Don't drive continuously at one rpm range. Also it is not harmful to rev the engine beyond 2K or 3K rpm once in a while.

Quote:
Wish you all a very happy Diwali. May you and your family be blessed with good health, peace, love and happiness always.
Wish you and your family too a very happy Diwali
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 16:48   #209
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 491
Thanked: 606 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Sir, could you please share a picture of the bull guards. I would strongly recommend not to fit front bull guards at least. The front bumper houses the air bag sensors. God forbid if you ever have a frontal impact, the bull bar will take the hit, which will be transferred to the chassis and the chassis will deform, the sensors will remain in tact and so will be the air bags. Obviously the airbags won't deploy when you need them the most. So think again and act wise.
Dear AutoIndian,

I agree with you here. I had posted in the Creta thread on very similar lines.
I am not aware of how to give that link here, so Mods please excuse as I repeat my text here:

I am not sure - but I remember reading long, long ago in my Maruti Omni E manual that if any bumper guard is mounted - since it fits on the chassis directly, it actually voids the warranty!

My take is simple - whether the above is true or not - the bumper is supposed to fail in an untoward incident and protect you and your car! Why protect it with something strong - which can damage the car and you under the guise of protecting the bumper!

By the way, I am following your comments on many threads. Like the famous quote about 'wise men think alike', I seem to be thinking along similar lines! And we are both in Pune!! I guess we will have to meet up someday....

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 17:15   #210
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
Congratulations Titanium! Every car probably has a story. Even those couple of lines in your post are very touching. Wish you many happy miles and a great ownership experience!
My wife calls my new XUV my second wife and sometimes I feel she gets jealous of all the attention I give my BattleCat. I must try and make her understand that the CAT is a him and not a 'her'
Were you there on Sunday? I was at Murudeshwar on Sunday and stayed with family at RNS Residency. It was my first real long drive too. I just posted a travelogue with lots of pictures - here is the link.
That was really thoughtful of you, Achyu. Thank you so much. You are right, every car has a story behind it. We all love our cars unconditionally whether it is a hatchback or a SUV. Even when we upgrade our cars to a new one, it is really hard to bid good-bye to the existing one. I can totally relate to your wife being jealous of your BattleCat. Honestly, I was always astounded with the way my late husband adored the Jeep Cherokee.
I was at Murudeshwar yesterday. I visit Murudeshwar once in 3 months. It is just 3.5 hours drive from Mangalore. My previous car Chevrolet Beat was my constant companion to commute. But yesterday I drove my new tank to experience the serenity of the place. I will definitely visit your travelogue to read your experience of the long trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-image.jpg  

Titanium is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra Reva e2o : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 435 1st December 2016 13:49
Mahindra Quanto : Official Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 283 12th September 2016 11:46
Mahindra TUV300 Ownership Review - A Tank to tame the road! CAPTAIN REX Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 110 10th March 2016 13:23
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs Aditya The Indian Car Scene 1171 28th October 2015 11:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:14.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks