Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2016, 11:29   #1396
BHPian
 
vito_parry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 60
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Congratulations! vito_parry, wish you happy ownership of the Tank.

For installing reverse camera outside MASS, did you check whether it will impact warranty?
Thank you for the wishes airbus. and there is no impact to the warranty.

Meanwhile first niggle has developed when the Horn of the car stopped honking.

Service guys mentioned that it is a problem with Clock spring. Generally this develops with a mishandling while a wheel alignment or a balancing is performed. However none were done on mine. Being not readily available replacement part ordered and now have to wait for the arrival of it in the next 10 days.
vito_parry is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 12:49   #1397
BHPian
 
CAPTAIN REX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 99
Thanked: 490 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Congrats to all the new TUV owners. Mine is coming close to the 20000 km mark, and apart from the initial niggles and the few problems that I had reported earlier, it has been a trouble free ride since.
FE is in the range of 11 to 12 kmpl in the city, and just close to 13 kmpl when on the highways.
The addition of the RD tuning box has brought more fun to the TUV, and the additional power is very noticeable on the highways, when you need to overtake. Now I do it mostly without a down shift of the gear.

A query to all TUV owners - has any one contemplated about getting a limited slip differential for the TUV ?
I had got into a couple of situations where one of the rear wheel was on solid ground but the TUV would not move since the other one kept spinning away to glory. (once the free wheel was in beach sand, and the second time in slush).
Muscle power also did not help due to the TUVs weight. Finally had to use the traditional method of getting unstuck - using planks and stones to get traction on the free wheel.
I had sent a query to EATON, but they do not have one for the TUV yet. Waiting for a reply from Quaife, and yet to check with Mahindra (always the last).
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2016, 11:37   #1398
BHPian
 
vito_parry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 60
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito_parry View Post
replacement part ordered
Update: Clock Spring replaced, horn working now and the defective part sent back to M&M for investigation. As per SA its not specific to TUV. All new vehicles where puja is performed and tie glittering raksha bands to steering wheels are facing this problem with threads of the cloth getting inside the column. Not sure how true is this, expert views please..

New feature I learned today - Do not need to twist and hold the key during cranking the engine. Give a gentle twist and leave the key, engine comes to life. Zoom away.
vito_parry is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2016, 14:18   #1399
BHPian
 
TaurusAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai - MH 01
Posts: 483
Thanked: 277 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

It is good to see sales of TUV increasing every month. From a steady 1.7k - 1.8k now it is up to 2.8k.

I think the 100bhp and extensive advertising has done the trick for Mahindra.

Source - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-analysis.html (September 2016 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis)

Honestly, not boasting, but who ever I have given a ride in my car till date has only praises for the car. Even from the non enthusiasts. My neighbor has booked a Red TUV after having a short ride with me. He loved it even more when he test drove it at the dealer.

The things they comment on are -

1) Amazing seating position
2) Commanding view
3) Silent Cabin
4) Comfortable seats
5) Powerful AC (They keep turning the vents away)

I am close to 10k kms now. Will get the tank serviced next week.
TaurusAl is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2016, 11:26   #1400
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,630
Thanked: 3,828 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

TUV is comfortable, no two ways about it. Torque is good too and I find it arriving at lower rpms than the M-Hawk 2.2

The driver side door's line is very poor, it can seriously harm someone, it tapers dangerously toward's one's temple/forehead/face [depending on height]. M&M should work on to improve this aspect.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 18:31   #1401
Senior - BHPian
 
dZired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,190
Thanked: 3,388 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Mahindra TUV300 - Now available in new dual-tone colour

Mahindra has introduced a new dual-tone colour scheme for its compact SUV offering - the TUV300. This colour scheme includes a silver paint finish on the body, while the roof and side pillars have been painted black. The front and rear bumpers also get a similar dual tone treatment. This paint scheme will be available only in the T8 100HP Manual transmission model.

The dual-tone version will be priced Rs. 15,000 more than the regular, single-coloured model which is currently priced at Rs. 9.15 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). In addition to the Silver-Black colour option, Mahindra has also introduced black/white roof decals that can be opted with any colour of the TUV. These decals will be offered through Mahindra Genuine Accessories. Apart from the new Silver-Black paint scheme, the TUV300 is offered in 7 single colour shades - Verve Blue, Dynamite Red, Molten Orange, Glacier White, Majestic Silver, Bold Black and Bronze Green.

The TUV300 is placed in the highly competitive Compact SUV segment, which is currently led by the Maruti Vitara Brezza. Interestingly, the Vitara Brezza is also offered in dual-tone colours on the top-end variant.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-unnamed-1.png

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 12th October 2016 at 18:33.
dZired is online now   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 13:57   #1402
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 6
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Hello everyone,
I took a Test drive of T8 manual,and noticed that the Music system is not up to the mark i.e. its lacking in both high and low frequencies. So , I would like to ask if someone has upgraded it . if yes then how.
thanks in advance.
akchd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 16:38   #1403
BHPian
 
procrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 765
Thanked: 1,554 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
.Waiting for a reply from Quaife, and yet to check with Mahindra (always the last).
Any luck with the Limited slip differential Captain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akchd View Post
.So , I would like to ask if someone has upgraded it . if yes then how.
Upgraded my speakers to Kicker Coaxials (Red Dwarf – My 2016 Mahindra TUV300 T8 Manual) and its made a lot of difference. Very simple plug & play upgrade. Just need to unmount the OEM speakers and replace with kicker. More details on ezee's thread here.

The head unit is pretty decent and I dont see the need to upgrade the same right now. Having said that, anyone here considering an upgrade to a touch screen unit? Would love to get an android unit but right now its more of a want than a need

Also wanted to check how to change the bulbs of the interior lights? The OEM bulbs tend to heat up pretty quick and hence want to replace them with LEDs. Tried all methods to open up the panel but was just unable to do the same.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 21:57   #1404
BHPian
 
ezee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 192
Thanked: 191 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Any luck with the Limited slip differential Captain?

Upgraded my speakers to Kicker Coaxials (Red Dwarf – My 2016 Mahindra TUV300 T8 Manual) and its made a lot of difference. Very simple plug & play upgrade. Just need to unmount the OEM speakers and replace with kicker. More details on ezee's thread here.

The head unit is pretty decent and I dont see the need to upgrade the same right now.

Also wanted to check how to change the bulbs of the interior lights? The OEM bulbs tend to heat up pretty quick and hence want to replace them with LEDs. Tried all methods to open up the panel but was just unable to do the same.
Cool you have replaced stock speakers. Kicker is good enough for people like us. It has balanced sound output with enough loudness and base. (Although increased loudness of voice warnings too).

Opening over head light panel is easy, just pull them from sides. It will come off easily.

You may replace stock bulbs with LED white SMDs available in market (karol bagh). Same for rear number plate lights too.

Last edited by ezee : 15th October 2016 at 21:59.
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 21:13   #1405
BHPian
 
Sirvoicar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 58
Thanked: 145 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

The picture says everything.........
TUV 300 T8 MT
ODO: 10,100 Kms
DELIVERY: Nov'2015

This is the second time (first on 04.12.2015 in Belgaum on my way to Goa after driving 500 km since morning. Second , yesterday in heavy Mumbai traffic totally helpless *), I have been stranded on the road by the car. Absolutely disgusting. The word "Tank" ia a total misnomer for this vehicle, maybe the reason the company never used it in their promotion after the launch. The family cannot bear such uncertainty. Thinking of making a exit plan :(

* looks like a fuel pump failure, total loss of power.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20161015_184539053.jpg  

Sirvoicar is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 22:03   #1406
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,865
Thanked: 3,341 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvoicar View Post
The picture says everything.........
TUV 300 T8 MT
ODO: 10,100 Kms
DELIVERY: Nov'2015

This is the second time (first on 04.12.2015 in Belgaum on my way to Goa after driving 500 km since morning. Second , yesterday in heavy Mumbai traffic totally helpless *), I have been stranded on the road by the car. Absolutely disgusting. The word "Tank" ia a total misnomer for this vehicle, maybe the reason the company never used it in their promotion after the launch. The family cannot bear such uncertainty. Thinking of making a exit plan :(

* looks like a fuel pump failure, total loss of power.
That is indeed very sad . I believe your FDM (Fuel Delivery Module) was replaced earlier during one of the recalls. Was your FIP (Fuel Injection Pump) also replaced during the first incident that happened on 04.12.2015 in Belgaum? Before your tank came to a complete hault yesterday, what symptoms did you face? Was there any hesitation to throttle inputs? Was there a sudden and complete loss in power or it happened gradually over some distance?

My car is of the same model and vintage as yours T8 MT, Nov-2015 registered and 24-Oct-2015 manufactured, probably same batch, 12,700 km on the odo, but (touchwood) I have never got stranded till date. It would be too premature to think about an exit plan. You will have to bear a huge loss. I understand incidences like these can shake your confidence, but then it is after all a machine. Things can go wrong, the real test would be how quick it is fixed and whether it is a permanent fix. Wish you get your car back with the correct diagnosis and in perfect shape. Don't hesitate to escalate this issue to higher ups in Mahindra if things don't fall in place on a war footing.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 16th October 2016 at 22:06.
AutoIndian is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 22:53   #1407
BHPian
 
Sirvoicar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 58
Thanked: 145 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Thanks for the encouraging words, AutoIndian .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I believe your FDM (Fuel Delivery Module) was replaced earlier during one of the recalls. Was your FIP (Fuel Injection Pump) also replaced during the first incident that happened on 04.12.2015 in Belgaum?
I am not very clear on the difference between the 2. I was told that the Fuel tank was removed as the part that was replaced in Dec2015 sits in the tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Before your tank came to a complete hault yesterday, what symptoms did you face? Was there any hesitation to throttle inputs? Was there a sudden and complete loss in power or it happened gradually over some distance?
There was initial hesitation, no response to throttle and complete loss of power and the engine stopped. All happened in a distance of 15 feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
You will have to bear a huge loss. I understand incidences like these can shake your confidence, but then it is after all a machine.
It has already shaken the confidence of my family.On both occasions I was not alone in the vehicle. Now every time we go out, this thought will hound us.Especially on an inter city long drive. I agree it is only a machine, but in my experience of decades of owning and driving a car, this has never happened, even when the car was old. Either M&M has a design issue, or they are not replacing the entire assembly to solve the problem once for all.This is a serious issue that cannot be fixed on the road.The car needs to be towed, leaving you totally helpless upsetting your entire journey and plans of the day. No loss is huge enough to buy you a comfortable journey and peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Things can go wrong, the real test would be how quick it is fixed and whether it is a permanent fix.
Let's see, the car was towed at 7.30 pm yesterday(Saturday). I expect to know more from them , maybe tomorrow afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Don't hesitate to escalate this issue to higher ups in Mahindra if things don't fall in place on a war footing.
I was very angry when it happened for the first time when the car was only 1 month old. Now I am fed up, no point breaking your head, if they have any shame they should show what M&M is made of. Every cars history is on their server for anybody in the company to check.
Sirvoicar is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 07:22   #1408
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,865
Thanked: 3,341 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvoicar View Post
Thanks for the encouraging words, AutoIndian
No worries mate, we all are with you and will support you in the best possible way we can.

Quote:
I am not very clear on the difference between the 2. I was told that the Fuel tank was removed as the part that was replaced in Dec2015 sits in the tank.
In all probability this could be the FDM that was replaced.

Quote:
There was initial hesitation, no response to throttle and complete loss of power and the engine stopped. All happened in a distance of 15 feet.
Off late did you run your tank on very low fuel? Also did you change you bunk recently (I mean the last tankful?). Also can you recollect, when this thing happened, did you car undergo a major shock (like that crossing a hump/pot hole at high speed)?. Asking this because fellow BHPian ntomer got his pump replaced in the month of Aug-16, when he crossed a small bump at about 40 kmph. Immediately an "Engine!" light started blinking, car lost all power and engine died. He cranked the car, and engine started with trouble. But there was no power and car just won't move ahead. He got the diagnosis as fuel pump. Ring faulty. Full details in the thread below. (message # 41)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...failure-3.html (Fuel Pump Failure)
AutoIndian is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 09:30   #1409
BHPian
 
Sirvoicar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 58
Thanked: 145 Times
Default Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Off late did you run your tank on very low fuel?
Never, I top up after the first low fuel indication on the Dash. And it takes around 40 Litres for a full tank with auto stop activated.When the car failed this time, the fuel level must be 1/4 (3 dashes on the indicator.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Also did you change you bunk recently (I mean the last tankful?).
No, I only fill at the Indian Oil company owned Pump at the Mumbai Airport Terminal 1 A

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Also can you recollect, when this thing happened, did you car undergo a major shock (like that crossing a hump/pot hole at high speed)?. Asking this because fellow BHPian ntomer got his pump replaced in the month of Aug-16, when he crossed a small bump at about 40 kmph.
This is a ₹1 million worth top end model of "Tough Utility Vehicle", aka "Battle Tank", do I need to say more. No such impact in my case. I was on a normal city road around 100 meters after exiting my society gate at low speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Immediately an "Engine!" light started blinking, car lost all power and engine died. He cranked the car, and engine started with trouble. But there was no power and car just won't move ahead.
This is exactly what happened to me all of a sudden on Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
He got the diagnosis as fuel pump. Ring faulty.
The patient has been wheeled in. Lets see what they say. I will keep the group updated

Last edited by GTO : 20th October 2016 at 08:29. Reason: Please do NOT type your entire post in bold! Becomes an eyesore for other readers
Sirvoicar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 14:25   #1410
BHPian
 
airbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 137
Thanked: 153 Times
Unhappy Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvoicar View Post
It has already shaken the confidence of my family.On both occasions I was not alone in the vehicle. Now every time we go out, this thought will hound us. Especially on an inter city long drive. I agree it is only a machine, but in my experience of decades of owning and driving a car, this has never happened, even when the car was old. Either M&M has a design issue, or they are not replacing the entire assembly to solve the problem once for all.This is a serious issue that cannot be fixed on the road.The car needs to be towed, leaving you totally helpless upsetting your entire journey and plans of the day. No loss is huge enough to buy you a comfortable journey and peace of mind.
I completely understand. Although, I was not stranded during a drive, my confidence is shaken as well due to previous coolant leakage issue. In fact, I was also thinking of exit plan. After intervention of area manager and changing service dealer the issue appears to be resolved. No issue encountered during my recent long drive of about 540 kms (round trip). During long drives, I now have a question mark, whether drive will be trouble free? That is not a very pleasant experience after spending rupees one million. We are planning to drive to Goa from Bangalore during this month end. If this trip (round trip 1200+ kms) remains trouble free, will help to regain lost confidence.

I know, issues faced by me were mostly due to poor workmanship of service personnel/dealer. But Mahindra can't wash their hands off and should properly train and sensitize their service personnel.

Last edited by airbus : 17th October 2016 at 14:28. Reason: Minor correction.
airbus is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra Reva e2o : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 435 1st December 2016 13:49
Mahindra Quanto : Official Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 283 12th September 2016 11:46
Mahindra TUV300 Ownership Review - A Tank to tame the road! CAPTAIN REX Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 110 10th March 2016 13:23
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs Aditya The Indian Car Scene 1171 28th October 2015 11:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:15.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks