Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2015, 12:28   #136
BHPian
 
teemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 307
Thanked: 340 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
The car was standing behind the showroom parked in front of some cars, and was completely dirty with bird droppings, etc. He said that the car had just come from the yard, and I did not quite believe that.
That's quite possible that it has arrived from the Yard. You would have been shocked to see how the cars are kept in the yard, only when it is being readied for delivery is it cleaned.

Quote:
I had read here that all cars since Oct - 15 have rear head restraints. However this one still had integrated.
Not quite sure about this information. I have myself seen a November manufactured car with integrated headrests. There is sufficient amount of ambiguity regarding this. Please check what the Ford Customer Care has to say in this regard.

Quote:
Another thing, when I put the ignition in the car, near the P indicator on the mid (just above the P in this link http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/2015...rd-figo-07.jpg )it showed a spanner and it was written as TRNSPRT. Try as I might, I could not start the car. The spanner symbol was continuously being shown on the c What does this indicate. Is there a problem with the car. It had run 66 Kms as well.
That's because the car is in Transportation mode. This has been discussed on this thread. There is a simple procedure to take the car out of this mode.

This is what a fellow bhp'ian HolyDriver has stated, you can try this:
Quote:
The vehicle is placed in a transport mode at the completion of production to reduce battery drain.One may think of it as "Sleep Mode". Various features (eg Central locking/Remote Keyless Entry) may be disabled or behave differently when in Transport mode. The vehicle automatically reverts to normal operation after 80 km. To disable or turn off the transport mode in Fords in the US, the procedure used to be something like this:
Verify the battery is fully charged.
With ignition in RUN, press brake pedal 5 times.
Press hazard switch 4 times (on, off, on, off).
Quote:
Secondly, he says that the manufacturing date of the car is OCT - 28, however it does not have any adjustable head restraints in the rear. start the car - please advice.
If possible please share the VIN number so that we can know the exact details of manufacturing date and the list of features it has.

You can check it yourself at this url :

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Hope this helps!!

It's a wonderful car, wish you many happy miles!

Last edited by Aditya : 16th December 2015 at 07:37. Reason: As per request
teemus is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 13:49   #137
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,964
Thanked: 6,434 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
The car was standing behind the showroom parked in front of some cars, and was completely dirty with bird droppings, etc. He said that the car had just come from the yard, and I did not quite believe that.
This is actually a good sign. Cars that are in the yard or have just come in have to be dirty because the yard is typically an open ground. It is very difficult for a display or a TD car to be in that condition. . So i think you may be safe on that front.

Only point of concern is that they have a car ready in stock, considering it is a new launch and the DCT variant is one of the main USP's of the Figo. Also, since Ford supplies are typically limited, I would have expected dealers to be able to sell all the AT's they get.

But a good PDI should take care of that. All the best.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 14:36   #138
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 268
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
This is actually a good sign. Cars that are in the yard or have just come in have to be dirty because the yard is typically an open ground. It is very difficult for a display or a TD car to be in that condition. . So i think you may be safe on that front.

Only point of concern is that they have a car ready in stock, considering it is a new launch and the DCT variant is one of the main USP's of the Figo. Also, since Ford supplies are typically limited, I would have expected dealers to be able to sell all the AT's they get.

But a good PDI should take care of that. All the best.
Yes that is my concern as well. According to the sales exec, its because of the color - golden. He is saying that there are not many takers for this color. According to the sales exec, the red is very high in demand. And this being the year end he is in kind of a hurry to make the sale. might even offer me a discount if I push hard.

Last edited by an_and : 15th December 2015 at 14:38.
an_and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 15:01   #139
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,964
Thanked: 6,434 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
According to the sales exec, its because of the color - golden. He is saying that there are not many takers for this color. According to the sales exec, the red is very high in demand. And this being the year end he is in kind of a hurry to make the sale. might even offer me a discount if I push hard.
Makes sense. It is not a color that people will opt for much I suppose. As you mentioned, there is definitely scope for further discounts. Overall looks to be genuine. I think once you re-verify the manufacturing details based on the VIN and do a detailed PDI, you should be good to go.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 17:57   #140
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 268
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post

That's because the car is in Transportation mode. This has been discussed on this thread. There is a simple procedure to take the car out of this mode.
Thank You Teemus. However does the car not start in the TRNSPRT mode or does it only display a symbol? This car when the ignition was turned to ON - displayed the symbol next to P and refused to start. Is this a common behaviour when the car is in the transprt mode or does it point out to some issue with the car?
an_and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2015, 17:31   #141
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 47
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

A close friend of mine is on the look-out for a hatch and there cannot be a better time for this. He had no clear requirements when it comes to the fuel, but the budget was fixed at ~ 8L on road in Navi-Mumbai. With 3 vehicles in mind, we went on a TD spree last weekend.

1. Baleno Petrol- Nexa experience was immensely disappointing and I can now relate to all the rants here on team-bhp. It was like an early morning bazaar with no one to pay any attention. Baleno may be selling like a hot cake right now, but Nexa for sure is a sore. Regular Maruti dealers would have done a much better job in attending to prospective customers. Came back after hanging for an hour at the showroom without any TD

2. Honda Jazz petrol - Took the TD, came back feeling underwhelmed. There was nothing that really stood out for me personally. At 9L on-road, I felt reassured of my decision to buy Tata Bolt 8 months back

3. Ford Figo diesel- My friend hadn't even considered Ford (under the impression that spares and servicing are exorbitantly priced). Took the TD and immediately fell in love with the car. 1.5L diesel is a real gem here. My only concern was the clutch. Found it on the heavier side. Negotiating Western Express Highway during peak hours will definitely be a pain point. But if there is one hatch that I can withstand the pain for, it has to be the Figo diesel (its that good).

Unfortunately, my friend has decided to go ahead with Baleno (without taking a TD)!!! Its really sad for manufacturers like Ford (or even Tata) that very competent cars are swept aside without any due diligence.
aviat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2015, 10:36   #142
BHPian
 
teemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 307
Thanked: 340 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviat18 View Post

Unfortunately, my friend has decided to go ahead with Baleno (without taking a TD)!!! Its really sad for manufacturers like Ford (or even Tata) that very competent cars are swept aside without any due diligence.
Until the last paragraph it looked and sounded like a typical, knowledgeable TBHP'ian but the last para made sure that the decision maker is not a TBHP member.

We can only provide that much inputs but after listening to all our technical jargons about power, ride and handling etc. all people do is head out to Maruti showroom and buy whatever they are selling.

I am not against Maruti, they are doing business and doing it well! This rant is normally for people for whom the whole decision making process revolves around Maruti. *sigh*

I feel for Ford (and Tata) who bring out such competent products as Figo and Aspire but end up with miserable sales figures.

The only silver lining, I have a car which is a hoot to drive, returns amazing FE even in city, is able to match shoulders with big boys almost twice the price and brings smile on my face.

To top it all, it's quite exclusive and not just another car on the road!
teemus is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2015, 09:08   #143
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Madurai
Posts: 53
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

One help my dear brothers, I booked a Figo Base 1.5 Diesel,white, on the the day when it got launched and was vainly persuaded by the dealer to go for a pricier variant until December 12. On the December 12, I got a call from the dealer saying that one base model silver color car is available and assured he can deliver it in ten days. When I asked him for offers, he reduced 3.5k off on 'essential kit' but firmly refused the first year insurance offer, which will further reduce the price by 18k. The current price he is stating is 6.36 for the base sans offers .Can any one help me get the offer that's rightfully mine?

Last edited by COMMUTER : 18th December 2015 at 09:22. Reason: Typo
COMMUTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2015, 09:50   #144
BHPian
 
teemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 307
Thanked: 340 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
One help my dear brothers, I booked a Figo Base 1.5 Diesel,white, on the the day when it got launched and was vainly persuaded by the dealer to go for a pricier variant until December 12. On the December 12, I got a call from the dealer saying that one base model silver color car is available and assured he can deliver it in ten days. When I asked him for offers, he reduced 3.5k off on 'essential kit' but firmly refused the first year insurance offer, which will further reduce the price by 18k. The current price he is stating is 6.36 for the base sans offers .Can any one help me get the offer that's rightfully mine?
Try to get the insurance from outside rather than from the dealer. It's way cheaper that way.

My dealer quoted me 28k for insurance with zero dep, I got the same from my agent for 14k flat! So even without any discounts from the dealer I was able to save a whopping 14k.
teemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2015, 16:19   #145
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Unknown
Posts: 28
Thanked: 223 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Fantastic review of a fantastic car.
Test drove Ford Figo Diesel just today and the power of this machine is mind blowing. Actually I was scared of the sheer power it generated (Currently I drive Indica Vista Petrol :P). Figo touched 120 kmph in no time.
A few observations about the car.
- Fit, finish and material quality is just average.
- Personally I did not like the cartoon hero chest like center console. It just feels odd to me.
- All black interiors are easy to get soiled.
But these are no downers.
The Trend (Diesel ~7.2L OTR) version is quite loaded (except no ABS) and looks like a great deal. (I am not a big fan of Sync/Smart key etc. systems)
capslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 02:00   #146
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ooty
Posts: 91
Thanked: 41 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Guys.. need some help here.
Picked up a figo titanium a week back. Car is a hoot to drive and quite satisfactorily specced. There is one niggle though.
After the car is switched off, there is a barely audible whine, high pitched, and no it is not the fan. This sound is more of a hum the way some electronics emit. The hum is not localised and i cannot pin it down, except that it is from underneath the hood. In fact the day i brought the car home, i got down, heard the the hum, and was walking up and down my drive trying to figure if it was from the house electrical mains or the garage lights or the water pump. The sound is that poorly localised.
Would appreciate any dope on this. Believe you guys will give me a much better answer than the service technicians, who will come up with some fabulous concoctions if they cannot figure whet the noise is from.
igp_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 07:08   #147
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NH209
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 681 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by igp_79 View Post
After the car is switched off, there is a barely audible whine, high pitched, and no it is not the fan. .
If it is the diesel, you will also hear a constant series of clicks(apart from the whine). It is the EGR self-check, i am told.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 08:27   #148
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ooty
Posts: 91
Thanked: 41 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Thank you.
I am not hearing much in the way of clicks though.
igp_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:06   #149
BHPian
 
d3mon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 431
Thanked: 400 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by igp_79 View Post
Thank you.
I am not hearing much in the way of clicks though.


Fret not! There is a faint, high pitched whine from my Aspire's engine bay too, when parked. It's only audible when the hood is open.
But it does shut off after a while - probably some kind of a timer or something.
d3mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:08   #150
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 32
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Try to get the insurance from outside rather than from the dealer. It's way cheaper that way.

My dealer quoted me 28k for insurance with zero dep, I got the same from my agent for 14k flat! So even without any discounts from the dealer I was able to save a whopping 14k.

Will going for insurance outside the dealership create unnecessary hassles in the event of insurance claims ?

Kairali Ford Trivandrum told my friend that if he does not take insurance from them (29k B2B from New India for Titanium Diesel), they won't support cashless claims in the event of an accident repair. The quote from an agent for the same B2B with New India was 13k.

Anyways, my friend cancelled the booking he had made with them for other reasons and got the car delivered from a new Ford dealer in Trivandrum
hardoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford EcoSport : Official Review Vid6639 Official New Car Reviews 10927 11th December 2016 10:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks