Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2016, 09:57   #781
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
For the whole 13 months, you are getting an average of 21.65! What is your driving pattern and traffic conditions? Do you drive light footed? Is it MID figures or tankful?
I got 17.5 kmpl for the very first tankful with mixed traffic and driving conditions and with a/c on mostly.
My driving pattern: Mostly on inter-town 25-30ft decent single roads. Occasionally, I venture into bumper-to-bumper city traffic. Occasional highway trips are done as well.
The good thing about the Figo TDCi is that one doesn't have to drive heavy-footed to maintain speeds of ~70-100kmph (the car does it effortlessly), which is my day-to-day range, and this leads to better mileage IMO.
And the figures are based on tankful method (I use the 'Fillup' App). MID figure is hovering around the 22.8 kmpl mark currently. The AC is on (around the 22-24 mark) 100% of the time.
espraveen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 11:00   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
The Figo TDCi will be the perfect junior pal to your 1.6 S-Cross
I know! It seems to be the perfect combo. However, I'm still waiting for the Suzuki Ignis(Petrol) as that car looks quite impressive. In case, if it's priced anywhere close to the Figo 1.5D, I'd straightaway get the Figo.
PS:- That's some very impressive mileage figures.
nimit3105 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 13:14   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
How's the Maintenance/Fuel Economy of the Diesel Figo and does the car suffer from any niggles/issues?
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
Here's the fuel economy summary of my Figo TDCi Titanium so far :
Date Range NOV 2015 — NOV 2016
(13 months)
Fuel Economy (avg) 21.65 KM/L
Fuel Economy (min) 18.44 KM/L
Fuel Economy (max) 24.37 KM/L
Distance Driven 40469 kilometers
(3113 per month)

The only niggles my car's had so far are the rattles (one bothersome, fixed by the service center, the others feeble ones) coming from the doors. Otherwise, the car has been perfectly reliable so far. Yes, the diesel clatter is a little pronounced in this 1.5 TDCi engine, especially in lower gears (which I've gotten used to gradually) .
Your Figo is an absolute mile-muncher, perhaps the most driven (Km'wise) here on the forum. To top it up, your FE is mind boggling!

Quote:
I got 17.5 kmpl for the very first tankful with mixed traffic and driving conditions and with a/c on mostly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post

I have been getting similar figures, 20.5 - 22.0 km/l.
Here is the FE of my Figo which has done 18900km as of now

FE with 100% city driving and peak hours traffic = 15.5-17.5kmpl (variation due to alternate usage of Figo and Santro between me and wifey; routes and timing of drives is different)

FE with 100% highway drives = 20.5 - 22.0 kmpl

FE with 50% highway and 50% city = 17.5-19.0 kmpl

Note: On highways, I am never gentle on the throttle and push her to the limit (with limit I mean wifey's keen eyed limit ;-) )

Regarding niggles, I have had small rattles at the rear doors at 9500km's which was attributed to the door latch issue but subsequent greasing around the locks solved that during 1st service. It's not re-occured since.

Other than that, the car feels solid and no internal rattles or squeaks are noticed.

Maintenance cost wise it is comparable to Swift and a detailed maintenance costs schedule can be found on this thread itself.

Driving dynamics wise : imagine a smiley (as I have run out of smileys here) where I am grinning from ear to ear!

Hope this helps.
teemus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 10:38   #784
BHPian

Hi All, Figo is something i have kept as a top contender as my next car. I currently drive a Ritz VDI (5+ yrs, 60K KM of ownership). I have a few questions:

- Compared to Ritz, will Figo have a very small boot capacity?
- Will it be considered as an upgrade in terms of the overall driving experience, NVH, ride quality, etc? Performance is a clear yes as Figo has a mind blowing Diesel mill, but for other parameters?
- Does the Figo come with adjustable head rest at the back? Its a must have feature for me.
Old 2nd December 2016, 12:19   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
- Will it be considered as an upgrade in terms of the overall driving experience, NVH, ride quality, etc? Performance is a clear yes as Figo has a mind blowing Diesel mill, but for other parameters?
- Does the Figo come with adjustable head rest at the back? Its a must have feature for me.
The Figo did not come with adjustable headrests at the rear. But I just hit upon a news saying that they silently upgraded the rear headrests from Oct mid models!

Edit: My bad, the news is a year old. But then, did Ford remove those adjustable ones?

Last edited by thoma : 2nd December 2016 at 12:30.
Old 2nd December 2016, 12:54   #786
BHPian

I just came across this piece of information. I was seriously considering purchasing the Figo Petrol in Trend variant but was put off by the lack of ABS. This news just fixes the deal for me.

http://www.motoroids.com/news/ford-f...trend-variant/
Old 2nd December 2016, 13:25   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Figo did not come with adjustable headrests at the rear. But I just hit upon a news saying that they silently upgraded the rear headrests from Oct mid models!

Edit: My bad, the news is a year old. But then, did Ford remove those adjustable ones?
Mine's a March 2016 manufactured Figo 1.2 Titanium+. It did not come with adjustable rear headrests.
The news link from October 2015 was probably for export Figo models.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 22:03   #788
BHPian

Has anyone tried getting quality sunblinds which fit well with Figo/Aspire windows ?
Old 2nd December 2016, 23:34   #789
Senior - BHPian

I am totally pissed off by the fact that there is no short dipper (which goes off while released) while on a high beam in the Figo. When we are on high beam, we have to switch the beam (by pressing the stalk all towards us activating a switch) to dip, rather than hold the stalk momentarily to let the oncoming vehicle pass. And to go back to high beam, again we have to press the stalk all towards us activating the switch.

Any other alternative? Interestingly, while we are on the low beam, we CAN momentarily put to high beam by holding the stalk just before activating the switch and then releasing it to go back to low beam.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2016, 08:37   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Hi All, Figo is something i have kept as a top contender as my next car. I currently drive a Ritz VDI (5+ yrs, 60K KM of ownership). I have a few questions:

To answer your questions,

No. Rather you would be able to fit another bag in the extra boot space you get in the Figo than you would do in your Ritz.

Definitely an upgrade. Handling isn't a weak area for the Figo, its just not its forte.
NVH and Ride quality are issues related with the brand of the tyre. DON'T get anything but Michelin's or Pirelli's. Strictly no MRF's.

Sadly No. But trust me on this, the rear seat is very comfortable and is designed in a way that makes one comfortable even without the adjustable head rest. Spend some time with the car, you'll realise.

Hope I helped.

Quote:
I am totally pissed off by the fact that there is no short dipper (which goes off while released) while on a high beam in the Figo.
AFAIK, there is no get around to it.
And Hey, I think this has been Ford's design language for quite some time. I remember the Fiesta (Classic) having the same feature.
You'll get used to it.
bhphog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 16:59   #791
BHPian

Hello all,
I have booked the Figo Titanium TDCi this month and expected delivery is on Jan 2017.
During the Test drive of the figo I noticed the IRVM is not giving a good viewing range. Is there any way to upgrade the same as I feel it is not sufficient for the long drives.
I was looking in the accessories section of Ford and found a IRVM Set with Rear View Camera with parking sensors.
How good it is and anyone have installed it?
Thanks in advance.
Old 5th December 2016, 18:10   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
I was looking in the accessories section of Ford and found a IRVM Set with Rear View Camera with parking sensors.
How good it is and anyone have installed it?
Thanks in advance.
The IRVM in the Ford reverse camera accessory does not have the day night function and is not electrochromic.

In case you go for it, during late evenings and nights, the headlight glare from the vehicles behind you will be a major distraction. Unlike the IRVM supplied with the car, there is no switch that you can use to reduce glare.

This was the reason I did not opt to install it in my Figo.
skanchan95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 21:02   #793

Hello all, I've been running my Figo titanium TDCI on the stock MRF ZVK2. It's run about 8000kms and I'm planning for an upgrade. The tyre I've chosen is Michelin energy xm2, but can't decide on the size. I'm confused between 185/65 r14 or 185/60/ r14. Another option I've been thinking about is the stock size of 175/65 r14( for the sake of avoiding any warranty issues). Also will there be any warranty issues if upgraded to 185 patch. Fellow owners please shed some light on this issue.
@dr_figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 08:59   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Can anyone share a link to the ownership review of the Ford Figo petrol. I am getting very detailed reviews of the diesel one(which no doubt is the better car) but nothing for the petrol.
Need a detailed review to choose between the swift/brio and figo. The Figo looks fresh amongst the three, but not sure on the performance/mileage/driveability of the petrol unit.
Here you go My review of the 1.2 litre petrol Aspire

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...te-2015-a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Handling isn't a weak area for the Figo, its just not its forte.
Very well said. Perfectly conveys the message.
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 20:54   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @dr_figo View Post
... The tyre I've chosen is Michelin energy xm2, but can't decide on the size. I'm confused between 185/65 r14 or 185/60/ r14. Another option I've been thinking about is the stock size of 175/65 r14( for the sake of avoiding any warranty issues). Also will there be any warranty issues if upgraded to 185 patch. Fellow owners please shed some light on this issue.
My recommendation would be 185/65/R14s(for stock alloys). They would improve ride quality, handling and ground clearance(I've been using 185/65/R14 Michelins on my Figo TDCi for over 40,000KM now and they have been really satisfactory!). Although 185/60/R14s would be technically OK but I don't see any real benefit in terms of ride quality and GC.
And, as far as warranty issues are concerned, I guess dealers' behaviour changes from case to case and there is no set rule!
All said and done, it's your call
espraveen is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks