Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2016, 00:29   #796
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 6
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Thanks espraveen. I will call up the local Ford service center, talk to them & then take a call. I have already purchased 2 years extended warranty so don't want to mess that up.
@dr_figo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2016, 17:14   #797
BHPian
 
SVK Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 44
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
My recommendation would be 185/65/R14s(for stock alloys). They would improve ride quality, handling and ground clearance(I've been using 185/65/R14 Michelins on my Figo TDCi for over 40,000KM now and they have been really satisfactory!). Although 185/60/R14s would be technically OK but I don't see any real benefit in terms of ride quality and GC.
Thanks a lot, even I was thinking of changing the tyres in the first drive only.
However do you face puncture issues a lot? I have heard from few of my friends who are using Micheline do have some puncture issues, they are more prone to punctures...
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 23:28   #798
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: arnd Vijayawada
Posts: 171
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
.. However do you face puncture issues a lot? I have heard from few of my friends who are using Micheline do have some puncture issues, they are more prone to punctures...
I've had only one puncture so far and that too because a nail got stuck into the tyre (it was a tiny little puncture and the air pressure was going down only gradually). I can't generalise things here. I can only say that my experience has been good (and yes! the roads my Figo has been running on are quite decent that reduce the probability of punctures!)
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2016, 16:51   #799
BHPian
 
SVK Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 44
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
I've had only one puncture so far and that too because a nail got stuck into the tyre (it was a tiny little puncture and the air pressure was going down only gradually). I can't generalise things here. I can only say that my experience has been good (and yes! the roads my Figo has been running on are quite decent that reduce the probability of punctures!)
Thanks a lot for the information.
I have another question regarding the spare parts price and service cost for Ford.
One of my friend is using the old generation Figo from last 5 years and as per him the spare parts and maintenance for figo diesel is too high than that of Maruti and Hyundai (He owns a Grand i10 and Ford Figo 2011 model). Now I am confused that should I go the the new Figo or should I stick to the Marutis and Hyundai only as I do not want to have a huge service bill every-time I enter the workshop.

Please someone help me on this.
I am looking for some information on service and spare parts cost for Figo Diesel.

Thanks in advance.
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2016, 17:33   #800
BHPian
 
SPARKled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 936
Thanked: 301 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
Thanks a lot for the information.
I have another question regarding the spare parts price and service cost for Ford.
One of my friend is using the old generation Figo from last 5 years and as per him the spare parts and maintenance for figo diesel is too high than that of Maruti and Hyundai (He owns a Grand i10 and Ford Figo 2011 model). Now I am confused that should I go the the new Figo or should I stick to the Marutis and Hyundai only as I do not want to have a huge service bill every-time I enter the workshop.

Please someone help me on this.
I am looking for some information on service and spare parts cost for Figo Diesel.

Thanks in advance.
I own a Maruti Ritz VDi and a Figo TDCi and the Figo has been 50% cheaper to service and maintain than my Ritz. the Ritz is almost 6 years old and the Figo almost 5. Check out some of my posts regarding My Ritz service costs on the thread that discusses whether or not Cheap Maruti service is just a myth or not.

The new Figo is an absolute beast and except for not so great interiors, I think it still handles decently, has an efficient fast diesel and beats all other hatches in almost every performance parameter. The new TDCi Titanium+ at its price is a no brainer IMHO. Maruti is hugely over rated in my personal experience for not only in its products but also its service as any Maruti service center today is a perenial fish market. But if only looks and interiors are you cup of tea, look elsewhere you can safely skip the Figo.

Last edited by SPARKled : 26th December 2016 at 17:37.
SPARKled is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2016, 18:16   #801
BHPian
 
samaspire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Manipal / Udupi
Posts: 955
Thanked: 2,263 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
Thanks a lot for the information.
One of my friend is using the old generation Figo from last 5 years and as per him the spare parts and maintenance for figo diesel is too high than that of Maruti and Hyundai (He owns a Grand i10 and Ford Figo 2011 model). Now I am confused that should I go the the new Figo or should I stick to the Marutis and Hyundai only as I do not want to have a huge service bill every-time I enter the workshop.

I am looking for some information on service and spare parts cost for Figo Diesel.

Thanks in advance.
Your friend was right, but it's not true anymore.

Quoting from my Ownership Report on the Aspire.

Quote:
Cost of Upkeep & Maintenance
Cheap. In an effort to get rid of its tag of "Ford maintenance is costly", Ford revamped their service pricing for the entire range with the launch of the Aspire. Now you can know your service bill even before you keep the car for service. My 2nd service cost me just 1500, including oil change.
Service and regular spare costs for the New Figo will be cheaper than Maruti - and it's not because Maruti have increased their prices. The dealers have a flyer that lists the comparison of spare part prices, which has been posted here on the forum.

FYI Hyundai service was never cheap.
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2016, 22:04   #802
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: arnd Vijayawada
Posts: 171
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
.... I am looking for some information on service and spare parts cost for Figo Diesel....
I've tried to document the service costs of my Figo TDCi as much as possible in my ownership thread. You can check it out :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4063618

P. S. : My service costs also include the additional /optional services I go for at the Service Center like WA/WB, ahead of schedule replacements of Air filter /AC filter etc!
Also, my brother has the Swift diesel and he concurs with the view that Figo's maintenance costs are no more costlier than the Swift's!!

Last edited by espraveen : 26th December 2016 at 22:07.
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2016, 23:24   #803
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: shimla
Posts: 246
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
I've tried to document the service costs of my Figo TDCi as much as possible in my ownership thread. You can check it out :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4063618

P. S. : My service costs also include the additional /optional services I go for at the Service Center like WA/WB, ahead of schedule replacements of Air filter /AC filter etc!
Also, my brother has the Swift diesel and he concurs with the view that Figo's maintenance costs are no more costlier than the Swift's!!
I can see from your post that you have stretched your service intervals quite a bit.(20800km vs 20000 km). Won't Ford protest in case of a warranty claim? How much safety margin do we generally have for a 10000km interval?
bullrun87 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2016, 23:40   #804
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: arnd Vijayawada
Posts: 171
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
I can see from your post that you have stretched your service intervals quite a bit.(20800km vs 20000 km). Won't Ford protest in case of a warranty claim? How much safety margin do we generally have for a 10000km interval?
I had asked the same question to the service advisor back then and he said a miss by about 500-600km should be fine and the redline is 1000km. And I think warranty claim settlements differ from case to case!
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2016, 12:07   #805
BHPian
 
teemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 381
Thanked: 490 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Guys, I have my Figo scheduled to be serviced tomorrow (20K KM - 2nd service).

Just wanted to ask, what are the things that are must to be done in this service?

Apart from the regular I have to get the following things done:

- wheel alignment and rotation
- minor squeaking sound from Front Passenger door panel (when someone keeps an arm on the armrest)
- paint touch-ups for bumper (don't know if this will be carried out or not)

@espraveen:
I have seen your post regarding service costs and mandatory part replacement; it's quite helpful!
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2016, 16:19   #806
BHPian
 
SVK Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 44
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
I've tried to document the service costs of my Figo TDCi as much as possible in my ownership thread. You can check it out :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4063618

P. S. : My service costs also include the additional /optional services I go for at the Service Center like WA/WB, ahead of schedule replacements of Air filter /AC filter etc!
Also, my brother has the Swift diesel and he concurs with the view that Figo's maintenance costs are no more costlier than the Swift's!!
WOW, superb writing with perfect information. Good job indeed. This will be very much helpful.

Thanks.
SVK Rider is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 13:10   #807
BHPian
 
teemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 381
Thanked: 490 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Guys, I have my Figo scheduled to be serviced tomorrow (20K KM - 2nd service).

Just wanted to ask, what are the things that are must to be done in this service?

Apart from the regular I have to get the following things done:

- wheel alignment and rotation
- minor squeaking sound from Front Passenger door panel (when someone keeps an arm on the armrest)
- paint touch-ups for bumper (don't know if this will be carried out or not)
Dropped my car for servicing this morning and since today being a weekday, there was little rush. The SA attended in within 5 mins of me reaching there and was well behaved. Checked in the car thoroughly and took down my complaints.

Apart from the things mentioned above, RR door power window switch needs replacement. The switch won't close the rear glass but was ok with the driver side switches.

I am quoted a price of Rs. 4800/- for my 20K KM service.
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 00:41   #808
Senior - BHPian
 
thoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,750
Thanked: 1,073 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

I am really confused with this perimeter alarm thing. How does it acually work? If I just central lock using the remote and I try to open any door through the openly kept windows I did not get any alarm.
thoma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 08:47   #809
BHPian
 
samaspire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Manipal / Udupi
Posts: 955
Thanked: 2,263 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
I have another question regarding the spare parts price and service cost for Ford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Service and regular spare costs for the New Figo will be cheaper...
Ford Figo : Official Review-img20170103wa0000.jpg

Here's some confirmation for what I said
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 10:34   #810
BHPian
 
SVK Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 44
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Here's some confirmation for what I said
Thanks a lot Samaspire,
I also saw the picture somewhere.
However couldn't log in to the forum for sometime. Got hit by a bike suddenly and was under treatment.
However this time I am having a bad news as my wife got injured and I think I won't be able to go for a new car right now (Financial issue due to the accident)
Now I am looking for a used car as I need it urgently.

Sad ending of 2016... bad for me....
SVK Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford EcoSport : Official Review Vid6639 Official New Car Reviews 11557 11th December 2017 15:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks