Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 23rd November 2016, 17:27   #466

Default Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Just completed 10,000 kms with Abbie. She's endured two trips in the monsoon season. It was a greed verses practicality decision (we could have opted for another car to travel) but both of us gave into 'lalach' and did the trips in heavy rain anyway. We faced no issues. I was just panicky about the exterior. But it did just fine.

Following are some other points:
1) The gearbox feels fantastic. The 'notchiness' is gone.

2) Did wheel-alignment, balancing (just in case, she did not need it, really) at around 5000 km. No issues so far. Michelin Primacy 3 STs still do the same fantastic job; not much wear. Excellent comfort, but 'what dreams there may be' will me want to put in Advan Sports or P-Zero Rossos at some point of time (at 20K maybe?)

3) Now am totally at home with the driving position having found one (or two depending on platforms/pumps)

4) Did a comprehensive 3M package that covers both interiors and exteriors (Will post pics later).

5) I love all the red accents on Abbie (including the unnecessarily shamed 'lipstick' fog-light clusters). People still turn and look. Only she can pull it off. Sometimes our shades match.

6) There is no prominent rattling noise coming from anywhere.

7) It is pure, simple, old-school bliss, with copious amounts of power. When you are so engrossed in gripping on to the wheel, the gear-lever and dear life, you don't miss touch-screens. If you do, you should buy an i20 Active.

8) I often commute to work now (1.5 hours away) in it. If you decide to treat her right, she goes very calmly. I like first gear, since it is hyperactive only above 2K and I can coast/start easily. Very quiet at city speeds. Quiet when you need it, monstrous when some patch clears up.

9) I was wrong about my initial 5th gear judgement. It can keep pulling till infinity on fifth gear (Maybe I wasn't flooring it or something earlier. I dunno).

10) I have issues heel-toeing since the brake pad is at a considerably higher level than the accelerator. But I am learning (daring) slowly. Wierdly, I can do better in platforms (????).

11) Otherworldly brakes. Still haven't changed brake pads after a hard/late breaking regime.

12) FIAT has done a decent after-sales job so far. You can easily get an appointment and they do pick-up drops. We had a Polo, and compared to the horrors and irritations of VW service, FIAT does a very decent job. I had a major issue of a rat dying in the engine-bay. I waltzed in without an appointment (the place was packed), they took less than an hour to find and fix the (yucky) problem.

Yes, it is a machine and it will have issues. But will keep revving and grinning till that day comes. It's unyielding love.

Last edited by Zappo : 23rd November 2016 at 18:15. Reason: Formatted for readability
nehaagg is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote