Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2017, 00:35   #511
BHPian
 
Ferrariwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 189
Thanked: 393 Times
Default Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

When I visited the abarth mumbai showroom last month they said I could book a 2017 car but it would take close to 2 months approx and would cost more this would be a made to order car. A friend picked up a 2015 car at the start of this year and had a few problems with the abs (obd issue) and some other minor niggles but the fiat guys fixed it for free. Grab this car while you can! I doubt this car will be on sale much longer.
Ferrariwell is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2017, 16:45   #512
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 90
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrariwell View Post
When I visited the abarth mumbai showroom last month they said I could book a 2017 car but it would take close to 2 months approx and would cost more this would be a made to order car. A friend picked up a 2015 car at the start of this year and had a few problems with the abs (obd issue) and some other minor niggles but the fiat guys fixed it for free. Grab this car while you can! I doubt this car will be on sale much longer.
There are still five or six or them left in the Ranjangaon plant.

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 13:00   #513
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

What about Avventura powered by Abarth? Has production been stopped for that too like the Abarth Punto?
I am planning to buy a ride and hopefully be able to manage funds by end of year, hope they provide made to order at least...
arit.mondal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 14:06   #514
BHPian
 
ajayr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arit.mondal View Post
What about Avventura powered by Abarth?
I purchased an Urban Cross Abarth in March this year. Got a Oct 2016 manufactured vehicle. They did not have any 2017 vehicles but 2016 ones were available in most colours.

Last edited by ajayr : 7th May 2017 at 14:07. Reason: Added vehicle specs
ajayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 17:52   #515
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 90
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arit.mondal View Post
What about Avventura powered by Abarth? Has production been stopped for that too like the Abarth Punto?

I am planning to buy a ride and hopefully be able to manage funds by end of year, hope they provide made to order at least...

Abarth Punto is the only car with different seats in the entire line up. The cushioning and the thigh support is different than the others.

Wait if you can for it!!!

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 22:30   #516
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
Abarth Punto is the only car with different seats in the entire line up. The cushioning and the thigh support is different than the others.

Wait if you can for it!!!

Regards
Bharath
Are you saying the Punto Abarth seats are better ergonomically than Avvy Abarth? Wasn't aware of that...a test drive would be best, but not sure whether I can get one given the limited production and supply.

I believe wrt FTD factor, Abarth is a winner over Avventura any day. But I have this impractical weakness towars Avventura due to its looks. Also the higher GC is a substantial advantage. That's why the Urban cross doesn't figure in my wishlist. It has to be either the Avvy Abarth (preferably, all other factors remaining constant) or Punto Abarth.
arit.mondal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 01:24   #517
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 90
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arit.mondal View Post
Are you saying the Punto Abarth seats are better ergonomically than Avvy Abarth? Wasn't aware of that...a test drive would be best, but not sure whether I can get one given the limited production and supply.



I believe wrt FTD factor, Abarth is a winner over Avventura any day. But I have this impractical weakness towars Avventura due to its looks. Also the higher GC is a substantial advantage. That's why the Urban cross doesn't figure in my wishlist. It has to be either the Avvy Abarth (preferably, all other factors remaining constant) or Punto Abarth.

Yes,

It took me two test drives to realise that.

Also looks can take you only so far. Driving a manual in our kind of traffic needs comfort such as good seats among other things. Creta is another example of good driver seats.

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 14:08   #518
BHPian
 
kvish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 577
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

The June issue of Autocar contains a nice feature on Abarth. I am curious on why Fiat would spend so much if they dont manufacture them anymore.

The long termer is an abarth punto too and although there are no surprises, the highlight of poor brakes are something of a surprise to me!
kvish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 07:01   #519
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 1,875
Thanked: 1,466 Times
Default Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
The long termer is an abarth punto too and although there are no surprises, the highlight of poor brakes are something of a surprise to me!
I won't be surprised if the long term car they received was thrashed by another car magazine before they received it. That would explain the poor or rather worn out brakes.

The braking ability of the Linea T Jet was A+ and it is pretty much the same set of brakes on the Abarth Punto. Should be even better on a lighter car.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 08:00   #520
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 90
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
The June issue of Autocar contains a nice feature on Abarth. I am curious on why Fiat would spend so much if they dont manufacture them anymore.

The long termer is an abarth punto too and although there are no surprises, the highlight of poor brakes are something of a surprise to me!
They are still manufacturing the Abarth Punto. It may more like made to order. It is a great car to own and drive indeed.

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2017, 22:27   #521
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,451
Thanked: 4,010 Times
Default Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Glad they didn't do it. With the GT TSi Sport available with a DSG, an AMT would have destroyed whatever goodwill was remaining for the Abarth, the big capacity engine notwithstanding. This dead thread would have exploded with anti-AMT posts.
Spot on. The Abarth 500 too deserved a proper dual clutch transmission or a manual one. AMT certainly robbed a good bit of time at the track with slow shifts and not letting you downshift hard. They would not have done any better on punto Abarth either. All it needs is a slick shifting box like the one they have got on the Compass.
nkrishnap is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 12:45   #522
Senior - BHPian
 
theexperthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,341
Thanked: 1,042 Times
Default Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Well, this is a surprise. I was thinking that FIAT still have unsold 2015 models and we may never get Abarth again, but FIAT have pleasantly surprised me. I am happy that they have kept the manual box, an AMT would have been really out of place in this car.

This also shows that FIAT is still committed to India, and gives a glimmer of hope against FIAT brand quitting India.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 13:58   #523
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 90
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

I am so glad this one is back. Someday hopefully i will own this one. I am glad Fiat realizes that there are people who value such vehicles. The memories of the test drive, done a while ago, is still fresh in my mind.

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 10:25   #524
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Dev Bhoomi
Posts: 106
Thanked: 287 Times
Default Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

And FB promo of this tiny batch begins

Quote:
This super-hot hatch is a blend of strong, sporty and stylish looks with impressive interiors. Take the test drive and wield the power.
Name:  IMAGE.png
Views: 824
Size:  88.5 KB

Name:  IMAGE1.png
Views: 821
Size:  87.7 KB

Source: Fiat FB page
Moto_Hill is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 10:54   #525
BHPian
 
differential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: coimbatore
Posts: 192
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Nice to know that atleast Fiat believes in catering to the niche market. Since the car is not a volume seller anyway, Fiat could have atleast upgraded the gearbox, taken off the cheesy decals and lowered the car with a subtle bodykit. And in the process replaced the excuse of the tailpipe with a decent one. With a better gearbox, i guess they might have moved a few more out of their showrooms. I for one testdrove the abarth a couple of times before finalising on the polo tsi GT.

Am in the market now for a quick petrol manual or a quick auto. Skeptical about the Abarth, but will Td it again. Have shortlisted the Abarth, octavia Tsi AT and the polo TSI AT. Really like the Fiat, but fingers crossed.
differential is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 230 3rd June 2017 11:06
Fiat 500 US spec, 500C Abarth SS and Punto EVO Abarth SS revealed sidindica The International Automotive Scene 13 1st November 2013 12:15
Fiat Punto EVO Abarth sidindica The International Automotive Scene 23 11th March 2010 13:15
Fiat relaunches Abarth brand with the grande Punto Abarth himanshugoswami The International Automotive Scene 5 1st March 2007 14:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks