Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2016, 20:19   #1546
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,437
Thanked: 6,400 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

What's the brand of tyres that comes from the factory? Is there anyone who has been using the stock tyres and any feedback on the overall experience? Asking this because, am not too sure I have seen a lot of questions on tyre replacements for Baleno.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2016, 20:24   #1547
BHPian
 
ank_bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Delhi
Posts: 31
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Can't wait for tests to finish in January

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...engine-17.html


Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
Thanks for the image ank_bhp. This has to be the Baleno RS. Black color is an indication of this. RS has new color shades, new allow designs and body kitting.
Does front DRL gets dim when indicator is switched on, I saw it in my rear view while I passed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
This must be an export variant. Indian Baleno does not have SUZUKI written anywhere, but Baleno's abroad have it
In first go I thought it must be a normal Baleno. But when I went near I saw Suzuki nomenclature which made it different from other Balenos, as they do not have one and then the number plate which I usually see on testing cars
ank_bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2016, 20:30   #1548
Senior - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 1,907
Thanked: 10,408 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What's the brand of tyres that comes from the factory? Is there anyone who has been using the stock tyres and any feedback on the overall experience? Asking this because, am not too sure I have seen a lot of questions on tyre replacements for Baleno.
Lower variants with 185 section come with MRF ZVTVs, while the higher variants with 195 section come with Apollo Alnac 4G.
Leoshashi is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2016, 10:34   #1549
BHPian
 
autospeaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 102
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What's the brand of tyres that comes from the factory?
...
any feedback on the overall experience?
I own an Alpha variant which had Apollo Alnac 4G 195 section R16 tyres. Current mileage on the car is around 4K Kms and I have found the tryes good enough for normal usage. It offers good grip at legal triple digit speeds. Braking isn't an issue either. A small thing which I observed is that, it's bit slippery when it rains. Nothing alarming though. And, as mentioned in the Official review, it's bumpier compared to R15 wheels. If pressure is maintained at 29 psi, the condition improves.
In my opinion, at least factory fitted R16 wheels doesn't need a replacement.
autospeaker is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2016, 17:59   #1550
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 73
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank_bhp View Post
Does front DRL gets dim when indicator is switched on, I saw it in my rear view while I passed it.
I am not aware of this feature. Some Alpha trim owners can probably shed light.
Horizon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2016, 18:29   #1551
BHPian
 
autospeaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 102
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
I am not aware of this feature. Some Alpha trim owners can probably shed light.

DRL gets dimmed if the headlights gets switched ON, be it AUTO or Manual mode.
autospeaker is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2016, 14:16   #1552
BHPian
 
CarguyNish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: IN
Posts: 639
Thanked: 1,587 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Today my NEXA RM called me to update regarding my Baleno.

He asked me if I am ok with Delta Diesel/Zeta & Alpha Petrol. I said no. He told me that next Batch of Baleno's are being dispatched next week.

At the time of booking, I had given following color options
1. Ray Blue
2. Granite Grey
3. Fire Red
4. Premium Silver

The RM mentioned that they are getting a Zeta Petrol in Orange & Silver Color. A Delta Diesel in Blue & Grey Color. And Alpha Petrol in White, Grey & Red colors.

Disappointingly, they don't have the car in my Variant/Color Choice. I am not interested in Zeta & Alpha Variants as they cost a good 1-2 lakhs more then Delta.

So, I will have to wait till next month. If that's the case, I will request for MY17 car.
CarguyNish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2016, 09:48   #1553
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 607
Thanked: 653 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Going through the Baleno brochure; it seems now ISOFIX is standard across all the trims. I don't think this was the case when the Baleno was launched but am happy to be corrected.

The website specs don't mention ISOFIX but the PDF brochure does; located here -

https://marutistoragenew.blob.core.w...o-Brochure.pdf
invidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2016, 14:08   #1554
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Going through the Baleno brochure; it seems now ISOFIX is standard across all the trims. I don't think this was the case when the Baleno was launched but am happy to be corrected.

The website specs don't mention ISOFIX but the PDF brochure does; located here -

https://marutistoragenew.blob.core.w...o-Brochure.pdf
I got Alpha 2015 Dec model, it doesn't come with ISOFIX. Below is the snapshot of brochure downloaded in Dec 2015, no mention of ISOFIX. So it looks like new Baleno offers these(It is official in Ciaz now), somebody who took delivery recently can confirm this.
Attached Images
 
maverickmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2016, 14:46   #1555
BHPian
 
CarguyNish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: IN
Posts: 639
Thanked: 1,587 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
So it looks like new Baleno offers these(It is official in Ciaz now), somebody who took delivery recently can confirm this.
I have booked a Baleno Delta recently, I had asked the dealer to provide me a newer model (Nov/Dec make). They have promised me delivery before 31st. So, incase I get one with these changes, I will be highlighting them here.

Although, the Projectors offer superior light spread, is there a need to upgrade the headlights on lower models which come with Reflectors ? Maruti should have offered those Projector Headlamps as a paid option on lower models. They significantly make this car look distinctive.
CarguyNish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2016, 14:52   #1556
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,999
Thanked: 5,604 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Although, the Projectors offer superior light spread, is there a need to upgrade the headlights on lower models which come with Reflectors ? Maruti should have offered those Projector Headlamps as a paid option on lower models. They significantly make this car look distinctive.
Stock halogen reflector of lower variants has decent output, but nowhere near to a bixenon setup. You can install Alpha headlamps. Nexa/Maruti guys would say it's not possible because of wiring, ECU etc. But it's possible to do that and make it work without any issues. One of the Baleno owner here has put Alpha headlamps in his Zeta. I think he has not posted the details on forum yet.
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2016, 16:03   #1557
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Thanked: 94 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Stock halogen reflector of lower variants has decent output, but nowhere near to a bixenon setup. You can install Alpha headlamps. Nexa/Maruti guys would say it's not possible because of wiring, ECU etc. But it's possible to do that and make it work without any issues. One of the Baleno owner here has put Alpha headlamps in his Zeta. I think he has not posted the details on forum yet.
YES, Projectors of Alpha will work in Zeta without any errors. I dont have enough pictures to explain the procedure of installation. I have been using this since a month and no issues are found. All features like Auto headlamps, Follow home and Follow to Car works flawlessly without any error codes(Checked through OBD)

You need an H4 to Bi-Xenon wiring harness and a connector as shown in this site.
http://www.wiringspecialties.com/1jo2seco.html

If procuring this is difficult, lugs with Heat shrink sleeves can be used to make waterproof connectors.

Indicator and Levelling motor is plug and play.

DRL connector can be identified easily with colour of wires.

The wiring in the HID connector is in the picture.

Cheers !!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-screenshot_20161116184726.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_4828.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_4915.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_4816.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_4829.jpg  


Last edited by kashyapz8055 : 18th December 2016 at 16:31.
kashyapz8055 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2016, 17:29   #1558
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyapz8055 View Post
YES, Projectors of Alpha will work in Zeta without any errors. I dont have enough pictures to explain the procedure of installation. I have been using this since a month and no issues are found. All features like Auto headlamps, Follow home and Follow to Car works flawlessly without any error codes(Checked through OBD)
Kashyap,
Where did you source the bixenons, is it through MGP?, Who did the installation and how much did it cost?

One of my friend is looking to do this.
maverickmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2016, 17:50   #1559
BHPian
 
deevee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 81
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
I got Alpha 2015 Dec model, it doesn't come with ISOFIX. Below is the snapshot of brochure downloaded in Dec 2015, no mention of ISOFIX. So it looks like new Baleno offers these(It is official in Ciaz now), somebody who took delivery recently can confirm this.
Since now Baleno, Ciaz as well as the upcoming Ignis get ISOFIX I wonder why doesn't the Scross get it yet. Doesn't make sense to me.
deevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2016, 19:43   #1560
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Thanked: 94 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
Kashyap,
Where did you source the bixenons, is it through MGP?, Who did the installation and how much did it cost?

One of my friend is looking to do this.
Projectors were from MGP dealer in bangalore. It costs 19200 per side. You can negotiate with the dealer based on your contacts with him.

Installation was a DIY, you can get the Wiring harness from any Headlight Retro installers.
kashyapz8055 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review Vid6639 Official New Car Reviews 3196 13th November 2017 12:18
Maruti Celerio : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 525 4th November 2017 15:36
Maruti Alto 800 : Official Review .anshuman Official New Car Reviews 192 1st October 2017 19:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks