Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:40   #2191
BHPian
 
meetgds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 70
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Here's the box with MRP and part number for the infotainment system:

Attachment 1663260

I'm pretty sure that box will see very few customers! Earlier, some people, though rare, who went for the Zeta CVT only because CVT was not available in Alpha, would still have considered buying this. But now that we have Alpha CVT, this thing shouldn't see any customers.
meetgds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 14:03   #2192
BHPian
 
dheepak10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 297
Thanked: 435 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
So, from my perspective would I spend 70K just for the OEM ICE? No way, I might get Sony Touchscreen HU (XAV-AX100) that's available as Genuine NEXA accessory at 29K!
The Sony XAV-AX100 at INR 26990/- seems a great option.

It does have Carplay and Android Auto, and the ability to learn steering controls as well. Hope the adapter for that is included in the package.

My only query is, can it be linked to the existing USB port and microphone, as I don't want the USB cable hanging around in the glovebox and the microphone mounted externally.
dheepak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 15:57   #2193
BHPian
 
Neugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 25
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

I think you should get it cheaper if you contact any whole sale guys. Maybe by 5k
Neugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2017, 12:54   #2194
BHPian
 
dheepak10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 297
Thanked: 435 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Finally the rubbing noise from rear right side while braking is resolved, almost after 2 months of weekly visits to the service center.

Details are given in the post (Maruti Baleno Delta CVT - The experience so far)here
dheepak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 10:07   #2195
BHPian
 
meetgds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 70
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Anyone booked the Alpha CVT? How bad is the waiting period?
meetgds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 11:09   #2196
BHPian
 
CLIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 122
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Any retrofits of Cruise Control into a Baleno?
That's something I am missing.

- Thanks in advance.
CLIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 13:18   #2197
BHPian
 
y2ksrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 240
Thanked: 144 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Anyone booked the Alpha CVT? How bad is the waiting period?
I had changed my Zeta CVT booking to Alpha CVT recently. I was quoted a waiting period of 10 weeks.

y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 15:42   #2198
AYP
BHPian
 
AYP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 286
Thanked: 421 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Guys, I booked the Baleno Delta petrol last weekend. The Baleno and the Delta variant felt very VFM when compared to the competition. And the K12 engine is a good performer on-road.

The quoted waiting period is 16 weeks. How long is the actual waiting period? My preferred colour is Fire Red, though I have mentioned both the blues as well.
AYP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 10:58   #2199
BHPian
 
autospeaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 90
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Friends, I am facing a strange problem with the ICE in my Alpha Baleno, from last 2 months or so. The system, all of a sudden, stops detecting the USB connection- be it my phone or a pen drive. Repeated attempts to reconnect bears no fruit. But, if the same is connected after about 2-3 hours, the connection would be fine- until the system eventually stops detecting the device again.

Anyone in the forum have faced this/similar situation? Inputs are welcome.
PS: Car play and Firmware have not been tampered with.
autospeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 11:42   #2200
BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 991
Thanked: 936 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Friends, I am facing a strange problem with the ICE in my Alpha Baleno, from last 2 months or so. The system, all of a sudden, stops detecting the USB connection- be it my phone or a pen drive. Repeated attempts to reconnect bears no fruit. But, if the same is connected after about 2-3 hours, the connection would be fine- until the system eventually stops detecting the device again.

Anyone in the forum have faced this/similar situation? Inputs are welcome.
PS: Car play and Firmware have not been tampered with.
Time to register it with the MASS and start pushing immediately for an under-warranty replacement I'd say. Thats the easiest solution.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 12:18   #2201
BHPian
 
Yusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 146
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

So finally took delivery of my Baleno Delta yesterday evening. On the way home I noticed that the engine malfunction light is on. I did not notice it when I started from the dealership and by the time I saw it, it was too late to turn around. The orange light which is like an engine and gearbox.

According to the manual something is wrong with the pollution control system. Could it be the O2 sensor? Is it something serious?

I have parked it at home since its not safe to drive it. I have contacted the dealer to get it checked.
Yusha is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 14:49   #2202
BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 991
Thanked: 936 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
So finally took delivery of my Baleno Delta yesterday evening. On the way home I noticed that the engine malfunction light is on. I did not notice it when I started from the dealership and by the time I saw it, it was too late to turn around. The orange light which is like an engine and gearbox.

According to the manual something is wrong with the pollution control system. Could it be the O2 sensor? Is it something serious?

I have parked it at home since its not safe to drive it. I have contacted the dealer to get it checked.
Ah! spoils the new car joy on day 1. Sorry if I have missed any hint in your message but is your's a diesel or a petrol car? Also - the Check engine light does not always mean problem only with emission control system. If the manual actually says that & just that - MSIL has some corrections to do on the manual .

Congratulations on the wonderful car! It will be something easily fixable & wish you unlimited safe & fun miles with the new car ahead!

Last edited by Reinhard : 10th August 2017 at 14:51.
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 16:04   #2203
BHPian
 
Yusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 146
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Ah! spoils the new car joy on day 1. Sorry if I have missed any hint in your message but is your's a diesel or a petrol car?

Congratulations on the wonderful car! It will be something easily fixable & wish you unlimited safe & fun miles with the new car ahead!
Thanks! Its a Petrol. Hopefully its not something serious.
Yusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2017, 01:38   #2204
AYP
BHPian
 
AYP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 286
Thanked: 421 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
So finally took delivery of my Baleno Delta yesterday evening.
Congrats on your new acquisition! The Baleno has a very good performance and the Delta is a VFM choice. I am pretty sure that the issue will be rectified easily. It could be a case of loose connection.

I have booked the same variant with the same engine. How long was your waiting period?
AYP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2017, 17:28   #2205
BHPian
 
Yusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 146
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition! The Baleno has a very good performance and the Delta is a VFM choice. I am pretty sure that the issue will be rectified easily. It could be a case of loose connection.

I have booked the same variant with the same engine. How long was your waiting period?
Thanks! Yes, it was a lose connection which I fixed myself. A connection in the manifold area was hanging lose so i plugged it in and voila, no error message!

I booked the car on May 5th and took delivery on August 9th. The car had arrived at the yard on July 7th but delays in loan disbursement and paper work delayed the delivery. Also, my dealer was pretty much useless in terms of response and commitments. They never shared my queue number with me. They did not even send a formal allotment email! Just a text message sharing the engine and chassis number.


Depending on the colour your car should arrive in 8 weeks or so.

Last edited by Yusha : 11th August 2017 at 17:40. Reason: More information
Yusha is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review Vid6639 Official New Car Reviews 3166 20th September 2017 02:39
Maruti Celerio : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 514 10th August 2017 21:09
Maruti Alto 800 : Official Review .anshuman Official New Car Reviews 189 1st February 2017 15:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks