Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2017, 15:15   #2446
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Baleno - Reverse Parking Camera - Feedback Requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertieWoosert View Post
As an update, I finally decided to go with the Alpha variant.
I thought life was simple now that I had finally booked the Baleno couple of weeks ago.

If only.

The confusion now is over the color, which I appreciate is a highly subjective topic. I have booked the Premium Urban Blue color. However, I am now questioning whether is too gaudy/shiny/tacky on road. I had seen one a while back, and had liked it then, but at that time I had not finalized the Baleno, so hadn't seen very closely. Seeing the colors on the color-pad in the showroom, or in videos/photographs doesn't give me a very good feel of how it will look on the road. I have been keeping a watch over the past several days to see if I can spot one on the road, but so far haven't had any luck. I have asked the RM to let me know when there is one in the showroom for delivery, but there have been none in the past week or so. Their yard is quite far away, so would be difficult to travel all the way.

The fact that these are so rare, also makes me wonder if this color will have a very low resale value, although I am planning to keep it for at least 8 years, so hopefully that is not a problem.

I did spot an S-Cross in this color, which to me looked great with the blue/black combo; not sure how that translates to the Baleno though. I also saw that the Urban Blue is now replaced by the Nexa Blue for the S-Cross, so that seems to be another indication that this is not a popular color.

I don't have too many other options. Silver, white and Gray are straight-away out for me, as I find these to be generally bland where cars are concerned. The Ray-Blue is okay, although I find it a little boring, a little too popular and a little on the "safe" side. The Autumn orange is too close to brown for my liking, while the Red is just a shade too bright.

Any thoughts? I would really like to keep my choice of Urban Blue, but need something to make me more comfortable. What would be the best bet to find a Baleno in Urban Blue on the road and see for myself? Never imagined this would be so difficult.

Otherwise, may decide to shift to the Ray Blue or the Red.
BertieWoosert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 15:29   #2447
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 189
Thanked: 171 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Discounts?

There is a waiting period of close to 12 weeks for the car mate. And the sales adviser you will ask this will give you the same expression as the smiley above. I am going to be booking Alpha CVT later this month to ensure that I get a 2018 car and don't end up with a car in December. If you do manage to get some discounts then do let me know too.
For the same reason I have not yet booked. The RM said waiting period is 40 days here in Bengaluru and that I should book in Nov so that I can get delivery in Jan 2018.
AltoLXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 16:22   #2448
BHPian
 
ROG_AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 696 Times
Default Re: Baleno - Reverse Parking Camera - Feedback Requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertieWoosert View Post
.. Any thoughts? I would really like to keep my choice of Urban Blue, but need something to make me more comfortable. What would be the best bet to find a Baleno in Urban Blue on the road and see for myself? Never imagined this would be so difficult.

Otherwise, may decide to shift to the Ray Blue or the Red.
Yes the Urban Blue is not a popular choice for the Baleno, probably because most people go for the Ray Blue. That said, my Baleno RS is in Urban Blue and I definitely do not regret the choice. It suits the car quiet nicely and it does look different. I can send you some pics if you require.
ROG_AK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 16:27   #2449
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Baleno - Reverse Parking Camera - Feedback Requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
...
That said, my Baleno RS is in Urban Blue and I definitely do not regret the choice. It suits the car quiet nicely and it does look different. I can send you some pics if you require.
Really glad to hear that from an Urban Blue owner! If you can share some pics, it would really help to calm my mind.
BertieWoosert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 16:28   #2450
BHPian
 
Durango Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 754
Thanked: 640 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: Baleno - Reverse Parking Camera - Feedback Requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
Yes the Urban Blue is not a popular choice for the Baleno, probably because most people go for the Ray Blue. That said, my Baleno RS is in Urban Blue and I definitely do not regret the choice. It suits the car quiet nicely and it does look different. I can send you some pics if you require.
That's one ironic statement after how famous you've become ROG_AK Just joking no hard feelings.
Durango Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 16:39   #2451
BHPian
 
ROG_AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 696 Times
Default Re: Baleno - Reverse Parking Camera - Feedback Requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
That's one ironic statement after how famous you've become ROG_AK Just joking no hard feelings.
Ha ha I guess the regret is in the choice of the service centre and the poor car was the victim.
ROG_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 19:58   #2452
BHPian
 
d_himan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 725
Thanked: 580 Times
Default Re: Baleno - Reverse Parking Camera - Feedback Requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertieWoosert View Post
I thought life was simple now that I had finally booked the Baleno couple of weeks ago.

If only.

The confusion now is over the color, which I appreciate is a highly subjective topic. I have booked the Premium Urban Blue color. However, I am now questioning whether is too gaudy/shiny/tacky on road.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4291272 (Maruti Baleno : Official Review)

My car in the same colour. A couple of people came up and said 'nice color' if that helps. I personally love it - responds extremely well to detailing. Also, 'changes color' quite a bit depending on time of day/play of shadows.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2017, 11:58   #2453
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Baleno - Reverse Parking Camera - Feedback Requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
...
A couple of people came up and said 'nice color' if that helps. I personally love it - responds extremely well to detailing. Also, 'changes color' quite a bit depending on time of day/play of shadows.
You have no idea how much it helps!

Thanks to you and ROG_AK, I am not just over my apprehension, but in fact, I am happy that I chose this color over the others. Cannot wait to see her now.
BertieWoosert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 12:29   #2454
BHPian
 
sathish81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 131
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Hi all

Just had complete suspension kit replaced (rear struts were replaced before) on my 2016 Baleno delta CVT. If someone has already done this- can you look at part numbers and confirm if it seem right (image attached)

I see a phenomenal difference in ride quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-suspension-replacement.jpg  

sathish81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 14:56   #2455
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 761
Thanked: 517 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Does anybody know if 5th year warranty is available to customers who have already purchased 3rd and 4th year warranty? The website does not even list that as an option.
chncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 15:04   #2456
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 3,007
Thanked: 5,617 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Does anybody know if 5th year warranty is available to customers who have already purchased 3rd and 4th year warranty? The website does not even list that as an option.
Yes, the website doesn't mention about it. The dealer has confirmed to me that it's available even for owners with EW till 3rd / 4 th year. Visit your nearest dealer for the details and pricing.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 18:01   #2457
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Thane
Posts: 20
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Yes MASS have recently launched 3 year extended warranty for a price of approx Rs18000 inclusive of GST
jateen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 18:46   #2458
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 3,007
Thanked: 5,617 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
If someone has already done this- can you look at part numbers and confirm if it seem right (image attached)
Yes, the part numbers are correct. I have posted a detailed thread too about it

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-warranty.html (Maruti Baleno: Full suspension replaced under warranty!)
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 19:11   #2459
BHPian
 
sathish81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 131
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, the part numbers are correct. I have posted a detailed thread too about it

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-warranty.html (Maruti Baleno: Full suspension replaced under warranty!)
Thanks for confirming Doc.
sathish81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2017, 11:19   #2460
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 97
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

I want to know from all the Baleno owners who have owned this car for at least last 1 year. I have been observing the Baleno around and i feel it does not age well. Almost all the baleno cars have too many dents , broken mud flaps and generally start looking very dull soon. Do the owners agree to my observation.
amolathalye is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review Vid6639 Official New Car Reviews 3196 13th November 2017 12:18
Maruti Celerio : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 525 4th November 2017 15:36
Maruti Alto 800 : Official Review .anshuman Official New Car Reviews 192 1st October 2017 19:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks