Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2016, 17:07   #316
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 20
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Also I observed underbody of my Baleno. Exhaust looks different from Swift petrol.
That 4th photo (the underbody) looks terribly exposed, no?
hershlulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 18:16   #317
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 69
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

My Baleno got its first service today (though the car's got only 410 Kms. in a month). I bought the underbelly anti-rust + silencer coating. It cost me Rs. 3100.
I have some dents on the lift doors and front bumper of the car. They told me that the whole left side of the car will be repainted and I should claim insurance and that I would need to leave the car at workshop for 7-10 days. I told them that I will decide about it later. Now I need to know if I decide to get it done after a month or so and the car gets a few more scratches (I am a new driver) will the insurance company create any problem? Do they simply reject your claim if they are not satisfied with your 'story' of how the car got damaged? I am attaching the pics of the car, before and after service and also of the dents and scratches.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20151221_143654.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20151221_143703.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20151221_143719.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160106_080301.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160106_144635.jpg  

chandra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 20:11   #318
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,157
Thanked: 5,032 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Q View Post
How so?
Can you tell me about the other A.S.S. scams i need to look out for?
I've seen people add that up at petrol pumps. It must be worth something?
I doubt we have had any solid reports which talks about noticeable diference when using such additives. If there was any, the manufacturer themselves would have recoemmended such things.

Anything that's not mentioned in the manual but recommended by the A$$ is a method to fleece money. The best thing is to stick to what is mentioned in the manual for each service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
....I have some dents on the lift doors and front bumper of the car. They told me that the whole left side of the car will be repainted and I should claim insurance and that I would need to leave the car at workshop for 7-10 days. I told them that I will decide about it later. Now I need to know if I decide to get it done after a month or so and the car gets a few more scratches (I am a new driver) will the insurance company create any problem? Do they simply reject your claim if they are not satisfied with your 'story' of how the car got damaged? I am attaching the pics of the car, before and after service and also of the dents and scratches.
Trust me, none of these are major issues where you deserve to lose te NCB. Rather, get a paint touch up (this is done free of cost) by the A$$. Being a new driver, there is a higher chance that you may end up having more scratches, so please all these till you become a good driver and do it one shot.

As for the bumper part caved it, the MA$$ can heat the bumper and bring it back to shape - I doubt they'll charge anything for that as well.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th January 2016 at 20:16. Reason: Added second quote
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 20:30   #319
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 69
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Rather, get a paint touch up (this is done free of cost) by the A$$. ...
As for the bumper part caved it, the MA$$ can heat the bumper and bring it back to shape - I doubt they'll charge anything for that as well.
SA said if they do touch up job getting the insurance claim would be difficult. About the bumper the technician said, hitting from behind might not work well on plastics.
If I get these minor things done by a local mechanic will it cause any problem later when making insurance claim?
chandra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 20:40   #320
BHPian
 
sathish81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 106
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
SA said if they do touch up job getting the insurance claim would be difficult. About the bumper the technician said, hitting from behind might not work well on plastics.
If I get these minor things done by a local mechanic will it cause any problem later when making insurance claim?
Touch up jobs are usually done foc or for a small price. I doubt if it has got to do anything with insurance claim in future at all. In my old car (manza) I have done multiple touchup myself with spray paint and when I claimed insurance for bumper there were no questions asked (I did not proceed with processing the claim as I had 50% ncb which I dint feel worthwhile losing)

The other part about bumper- it quite funny actually. Service centres and local mechanics heat bumper to straighten dents all the time. This tried and tested procedure works..just ask the service center guy not to take a hammer and bang the bumper. .just follow procedure
sathish81 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 20:59   #321
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,157
Thanked: 5,032 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
SA said if they do touch up job getting the insurance claim would be difficult. About the bumper the technician said, hitting from behind might not work well on plastics.
If I get these minor things done by a local mechanic will it cause any problem later when making insurance claim?
The intention of the touch up is that you don't have to claim insurance at all! All the problems you have listed are all minor issues which may seem big ones as this is your first ownership. Trust me, these are issues which are better ignored.

Once you do a touch up, none would be able to make that out as it would be near perfect for the small scratches. I am still not convinced about the bumper straightening - our cars have been thru such things which were corrected by heating and pushing these out. And remember, unless you have a bumper-to-bumper or full cover insurance, your bumper change is going to cost you 50% of the total cost.

Since you said you are a new driver, just get the paint touch up done and leave the bumper the it is (if they are not ready to correct it). I am not degrading your driving skills, but please don't spend much on these things till you are fairly experienced.

The insurance guys work as per their rapport with the service centre guys, they will sign off even minor issues if they have a good relationship with the service guys. My Swift's camber was replaced for a very minor alignment issue - no questions asked. A layman would have NEVER found the difference at all.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th January 2016 at 21:05.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 21:24   #322
SRK
Senior - BHPian
 
SRK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,146
Thanked: 318 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Guys does Maruti stop their production in January?

I called my RM today for inquiring about the Baleno he said that the plan is shut and production will resume only after 15th Jan, which I doubt.

I had booked an Alpha Petrol in November and was given a waiting period of 8-10 weeks. Have insisted on getting a 2016 made model only.
SRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 21:54   #323
BHPian
 
bhansali_hardik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 157
Thanked: 296 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Guys does Maruti stop their production in January?

I called my RM today for inquiring about the Baleno he said that the plan is shut and production will resume only after 15th Jan, which I doubt.

I had booked an Alpha Petrol in November and was given a waiting period of 8-10 weeks. Have insisted on getting a 2016 made model only.
Well I got similar news from my RM and she told it's shut till 10th of january. I have no idea how credible is the information provided.
bhansali_hardik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 22:05   #324
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 69
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
Touch up jobs are usually done foc or for a small price. I doubt if it has got to do anything with insurance claim in future at all.
The other part about bumper- it quite funny actually. Service centres and local mechanics heat bumper to straighten dents all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Since you said you are a new driver, just get the paint touch up done and leave the bumper the it is (if they are not ready to correct it). I am not degrading your driving skills, but please don't spend much on these things till you are fairly experienced.
Thank you guys for the responses. You are right. My car cleaner cum driver also said the same thing - that I am getting too worried about these small things. He also advised me to leave these things as they are.
I will approach the service centre tomorrow again and will ask them to do the touch up and bumper straightening thing. But in case they refuse to oblige, can I get the same done at any other ASS (will they charge?) or local mechanic?
chandra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 22:29   #325
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,445
Thanked: 2,185 Times
Default

Maruti Baleno sells more than Elite I20 last month too. I20 dispatches might be affected by chennai floods. Baleno has crossed the 10k mark.
http://management-punditz.blogspot.i...-2015.html?m=1
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 22:41   #326
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,157
Thanked: 5,032 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
....I will approach the service centre tomorrow again and will ask them to do the touch up and bumper straightening thing. But in case they refuse to oblige, can I get the same done at any other ASS (will they charge?) or local mechanic?
A local mechanic may charge a bit for this, but A$$ may not. Club this with your next service please; dont visit the A$$ for this alone - you may end up wasting a whole day.

Be firm on you need it and you ain't gonna do a warranty claim; they'll oblige.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 23:30   #327
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Well I got similar news from my RM and she told it's shut till 10th of january. I have no idea how credible is the information provided.
My Nexa sales guy confirmed to me yesterday that the plant had resumed production on 4th Jan. Strange that we have different info from different dealers.
Horizon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 10:18   #328
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,445
Thanked: 2,185 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hershlulla View Post
That 4th photo (the underbody) looks terribly exposed, no?
I find underbody of all cars same, especially Maruti. S cross is an exception though, it gets a full underbody plastic covering.
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 11:13   #329
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 477
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Thumbs up Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Baleno has trumped the i20 - 10572 : 10379 in Dec'15 sales

This is an outstanding feat considering the limited reach Nexa has. Probably the reason which forced Hyundai to add safety features as standard in i20 range.

Kudos to MSIL for being a catalyst

Source: Management Punditz
Karthik Chandra is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 11:46   #330
BHPian
 
sathish81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 106
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
This is an outstanding feat considering the limited reach Nexa has. Probably the reason which forced Hyundai to add safety features as standard in i20 range.


Source: Management Punditz
Did hyundai announce any additions to 2016 i20 ?
sathish81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review Vid6639 Official New Car Reviews 2930 4th December 2016 18:05
Maruti Celerio : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 396 1st December 2016 23:39
Maruti Alto 800 : Official Review .anshuman Official New Car Reviews 186 30th September 2016 14:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks