Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2016, 23:06   #406
MMV
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 18
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Superb and detailed review as usual.

After the S-Cross fiasco I was circumspect about the next NEXA car, however after going through this review I felt its quite competitive. The waiting period is the proof!

The importance given to safety features is commendable and the car looks refreshing too ( a break from Swift mould). In fact the rear has an uncanny similarity with Merc A class!
MMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 10:55   #407
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
I don't think this is correct - I booked a Baleno Petrol Delta - Premium Silver on 2nd December, 23rd December I get a call from Nexa only accessory I drove out with were the mudf 1st January.

The same thing happened to me. I was expecting delivery in February, but got pushed up due to someone cancelling and all formalities were complete in 15 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owaiskhan View Post
I did the mistake of buying the car cover of Autokart make .Size of the cover is ok but no separate enclosures for ORVM's and Antenna .The material too is flimsy
I have the same apprehensions, so for now will just buy NEXA accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Test drove the baleno yesterdayor a car that has absolutely everything required to shake the segment.
I have been owning one for a month now, I have tried the THE TWO FINGER POKING TECHNIQUE.......no bumps or dents as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owaiskhan View Post
I tried to do this finger test that some people have been talking about.Fortunately did not see any Dibbles or dents.Tried the same to ciaz and scross but felt same response.
I agree with your observations. The overlooked point being, cars in showrooms are mishandled to a great degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMV View Post
Superb and detailed review ....uncanny similarity with Merc A class!
Some have compared it to an AUDI even......the looks i mean.
Dr.Q is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 11:54   #408
BHPian
 
aravindkumarp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 40
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Check Maruti Suzuki's official page.
Attachment 1462015
Is this a deliberate strategy from Maruti to drive customers away from Baleno ?

Second price increase for Baleno in a short span of time, very long delivery timelines of 6-8 months and S-Cross discounts of upto 2 lakhs [
http://www.team-bhp.com/news/maruti-...prices-2-lakhs ] all pointing in that direction.
aravindkumarp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 12:41   #409
Senior - BHPian
 
romeomidhun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,382
Thanked: 1,403 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindkumarp View Post
Is this a deliberate strategy from Maruti to drive customers away from Baleno ?

Second price increase for Baleno in a short span of time, very long delivery timelines of 6-8 months and S-Cross discounts of upto 2 lakhs [
http://www.team-bhp.com/news/maruti-...prices-2-lakhs ] all pointing in that direction.
Yes, they are deliberately trying to promote SCross to some prospective Baleno and Creta customers.

They know a huge waiting period in India for Baleno. With the exports starting this month, they may not be able to meet the demand. So, promote the SCross for those who are waiting.

They know a huge demand is there for Creta, some of which can be grabbed with a cut-priced SCross.

IMO, a well-priced Vitara Brezza can eat the Baleno.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 13:32   #410
BHPian
 
RM Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 92
Thanked: 154 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Maruti Suzuki Baleno prices raised by Rs 12,000

http://overdrive.in/news/maruti-suzu...d-by-rs-12000/
RM Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 15:57   #411
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,829
Thanked: 10,776 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Latest Baleno prices in Bangalore,

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20160118wa0001.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 18:08   #412
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 27
Thanked: 14 Times
Question Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

After raising the matter with the authorities, exchanging a few mails with the NEXA senior managers and incessant follow-ups with the RM, I got to know on 15th last week that the next lot - to be announced in a day - will most likely contain my car as well. Upon inquiring I was told that only one Autumn Orange car is being dispatched and it will be allotted to me only since the customer placed higher in priority to me had changed his mind on the color a while back.

Today, I am told by the RM that the car has been allotted to me and it will reach their showroom latest by tomorrow. The price has been increased by around Rs. 4000 for my choice of variant (Alpha); final price list is being prepared by them for Chandigarh.

My concern - He asked me if I would like to take the delivery day after tomorrow to which I replied I would do that over the weekend (I work in Gurgaon). He agreed.
Upon asking about PDI he told me that there side of the PDI will take just about two hours and would be done tomorrow at the yard (where the car will land). I told him that I would also do a PDI to which he non-enthusiastically replied that you can do so briefly at the showroom when you come for delivery.
A) Since there would only be one Orange car so while conducting the PDI, at the showroom, if I find some serious anomalies with it I will not be able to ask for another car in the lot to be allotted to me
B) The PDI checklist mentions that one should visit the yard and check the car before it is allotted to you as nothing can be done once you are allocated.
Will my part of the PDI not be of little substance here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post
I had booked a Baleno (Alpha | Petrol) in Premium Silver on 17th Nov. I was promised a delivery by 20th Dec. My queue no was 13 for the color and model.

On Dec 5th, I asked for a change in color (Autumn Orange). I was told that one change in color is allowed and will not affect my queue no. I was told that my new queue no was 2.

Today, I went to inquire about the delivery of the car (NEXA Elante Mall, Chandigarh). I went straight to the showroom manager who told me that my process was started afresh when I asked for a change in color. And told me that now that waiting period is three months.

I feel cheated and I intend to call up the NEXA helpline and take the matter with the higher authorities to check if NEXA Elante is trying to pull a fast one on me.
multiloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 18:48   #413
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,964
Thanked: 6,435 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post
A) Since there would only be one Orange car so while conducting the PDI, at the showroom, if I find some serious anomalies with it I will not be able to ask for another car in the lot to be allotted to me
B) The PDI checklist mentions that one should visit the yard and check the car before it is allotted to you as nothing can be done once you are allocated.
Will my part of the PDI not be of little substance here?
On point B, when you go to take delivery, it would mean the car is already registered in your name. Once the car is registered, there is nothing you can do and a PDI has no value as you rightly indicated. When it is still in the yard, although it is allocated to you, the rest of the buying formalities are pending (including final payments) and hence you are free to reject the car if you find issues. Also, in the yard the dealer has a lesser chance to do any fixes/touch ups of any issues.

In the event that the car is un-registered and you find issues which causes you to reject it, yes, you will be on the back foot and will potentially again need to wait.

One thing I find strange is that that they are proactively offering to deliver a car that is only landing tomorrow in the yard, the very next day. It would be good if you have someone in Chandigarh who can go tomorrow itself to the yard when the car is expected and ensure it is landing tomorrow.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 18th January 2016 at 18:51.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 18:52   #414
BHPian
 
rav11stars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: RJY->BLR->PUN
Posts: 262
Thanked: 495 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post
B) The PDI checklist mentions that one should visit the yard and check the car before it is allotted to you as nothing can be done once you are allocated.
Will my part of the PDI not be of little substance here?
You're correct. Do the PDI at their yard; not at the time of the delivery. That way you can even reject the car if you find anything serious.
The PDI they're mentioning will be more of a formality and you'll have to fight hard if you find anything amiss.
Since the car is being transported it'd be good if you conduct the PDI at their yard. Take your own time, look at everything that the PDI checklist says. If the car's dusty, have them do a quick wash and then check.
rav11stars is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 11:19   #415
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 27
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
You're correct. Do the PDI at their yard; not at the time of the delivery. ...
...Since the car is being transported it'd be good if you conduct the PDI at their yard. Take your own time, look at everything that the PDI checklist says. If the car's dusty, have them do a quick wash and then check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
On point B, when you go to take delivery, it would mean the car is already registered in your name. Once the car is registered, there is nothing you can do and a PDI has no value as you rightly indicated. ...
...
It would be good if you have someone in Chandigarh who can go tomorrow itself to the yard when the car is expected and ensure it is landing tomorrow.
Thank you.
I sent my uncle to NEXA this morning. He called me up and said that the RM is not allowing him to go to the warehouse. I spoke to the RM that we want to do our PDI at the warehouse only. He said the car there is drenched in mud and they have no washing facility there. If they send it for washing the odometer will reflect some kms which they will not allow. I said that's ok, we'll see the car in that condition itself to which he replied it will be
very tough.
My uncle then convinced him not to bring the car from the warehouse until Saturday when I come there from here in Gurgaon and check the car myself. He agreed and also said they will not register the car in my name until then.
Is that ok?
multiloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 12:17   #416
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 101
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post
Thank you.
I sent my uncle to NEXA this morning. He called me up and said that the RM is not allowing him to go to the warehouse. I spoke to the RM that we want to do our PDI at the warehouse only. He said the car there is drenched in mud and they have no washing facility there. If they send it for washing the odometer will reflect some kms which they will not allow. I said that's ok, we'll see the car in that condition itself to which he replied it will be
very tough.
My uncle then convinced him not to bring the car from the warehouse until Saturday when I come there from here in Gurgaon and check the car myself. He agreed and also said they will not register the car in my name until then.
Is that ok?
Not sure how its done in your city but I did the PDI at the showroom itself. On the day of delivery, the car was brought to the showroom from the stock yard. There was still a bit of payment to be done for the car and I had told the RM that it will be done only after I had done a PDI of the car. The road tax was paid only after I gave a go-ahead after checking the car to my satisfaction. If you have not made a complete payment, you can try out this option as well if possible.
farooq817 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 15:54   #417
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 80
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Posting again..

Can anyone please provide contact details of concerned seniors in maruti/nexa (email, phone no.) where i can escalate the issue of late delivery of my Baleno ?

What are the options i have to check the status of my booking. The dealer is not forthcoming with sharing any details on this front and is just asking me to wait.
viv_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 16:05   #418
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Posting again..

Can anyone please provide contact details of concerned seniors in maruti/nexa (email, phone no.) where i can escalate the issue of late delivery of my Baleno ?

What are the options i have to check the status of my booking. The dealer is not forthcoming with sharing any details on this front and is just asking me to wait.
Hi! I do not have any contacts up there at Maruti. But, I am in the same situation as you. And I can help you with how I am dealing with the same. I had booked a petrol Zeta Silver color on 9th November 2015.

You must insist the SA/RM to take you to their back office and show you the excel sheet which they maintain. They can tell you from that sheet where you exactly stand in the queue and how much more waiting to expect.

You would see the codes for each variant the way it is in the updated price list posted by volkman10
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 16:32   #419
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 80
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
Hi! I do not have any contacts up there at Maruti. But, I am in the same situation as you. And I can help you with how I am dealing with the same. I had booked a petrol Zeta Silver color on 9th November 2015.
Many thanks for the info. I too have booked my petrol Alpha (Granite Gray) on the same date as you! Has the dealership provided you any tentative date for delivery? And mind sharing what is your number in the queue, as it will give me some idea about deliveries & waiting period.
viv_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 17:31   #420
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Many thanks for the info. I too have booked my petrol Alpha (Granite Gray) on the same date as you! Has the dealership provided you any tentative date for delivery? And mind sharing what is your number in the queue, as it will give me some idea about deliveries & waiting period.
Welcome! I am in Bangalore and I guess you are in Kolkata. So, there will be a difference in overall supply. As you must have read in this thread, Chandigarh seems to be the easiest place to get a Baleno. My current position is second in the queue. But, the dealer says that the next consignment is going to consist of more diesel cars than petrol. A reason for this shortage of petrol as per them is MSIL exporting Baleno in good numbers to South Africa.

The dealer has not promised me any date, but has said that I can expect the car by St. Valentines' Day.
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Celerio : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 400 9th December 2016 20:38
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review Vid6639 Official New Car Reviews 2930 4th December 2016 18:05
Maruti Alto 800 : Official Review .anshuman Official New Car Reviews 186 30th September 2016 14:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks