Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 19th January 2016, 17:41   #421
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Posting again..

Can anyone please provide contact details of concerned seniors in maruti/nexa (email, phone no.) where i can escalate the issue of late delivery of my Baleno ?

What are the options i have to check the status of my booking. The dealer is not forthcoming with sharing any details on this front and is just asking me to wait.
When the delivery for my car was being delayed, the RM had proactively shown me a sheet which had the details of the bookings that were available with him. This had the variant (Sigma, Delta, Zeta or Alpha), color and engine specification (Petrol/Diesel) along with the date on which the booking was done. Looking at this, I could conclude on my waiting number in the queue. The same details would be available for all the RM's in the showroom. You can request to see the same. Try to go early in the morning when everyone is in a fresh mood.
There won't be any point in being too aggressive in this situation. Take a calm walk around with the RM and explain him that you need these details.

The showrooms generally get a stock of around 25 cars at a time and close to 50 cars can be delivered in each month. Even though it would be difficult to predict how many cars are allocated to each showroom, this can give you a bit of high level view of when the car would probably be delivered.

Hope this helps!
farooq817 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 19:22   #422

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Posting again..

Can anyone please provide contact details of concerned seniors in maruti/nexa (email, phone no.) where i can escalate the issue of late delivery of my Baleno ?

What are the options i have to check the status of my booking. The dealer is not forthcoming with sharing any details on this front and is just asking me to wait.
The best option for escalation as per my experience is twitter .The twitter id is @nexaexperience .You can post Direct message or a general tweet.
owaiskhan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 23:26   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
As you must have read in this thread, Chandigarh seems to be the easiest place to get a Baleno. My current position is second in the queue. But, the dealer says that the next consignment is going to consist of more diesel cars than petrol. A reason for this shortage of petrol as per them is MSIL exporting Baleno in good numbers to South Africa.
I don't think you are suggesting him to travel to chandigarh to get a car then

I believe the dealer is giving you cow crap! All the dealers feed in their bookings to Maruti, factory then decides to batch up the deliveries as per the stock position and bookings.
So if Maruti has made 100 cars - say 35 diesels & 65 petrols, they will make say 5 sigmas, 20 deltas, 5 zetas and 5 alphas for diesel. These will be made in various colors, so say you want a white diesel alpha, if they have stock available they will send it with other cars to the dealer.
This is purely down to forecasts of trims/colors which Maruti has done.

I think it's down to demand/supply/forecasts... however, having a good rapport with your RM helps if there are cancellations...
sonirohit is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 11:44   #424
Senior - BHPian

Maintenance Cost program for Baleno is out. Posting here Executive and Premium plan for 60k kms for petrol Baleno. Maruti will refund the balance amount if car doesn't run 60k kms in 5 years
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160120_112643.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160120_113951.jpg  

Dr.Naren is online now   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 12:45   #425
BHPian

Cool Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
I don't think you are suggesting him to travel to chandigarh to get a car then

I believe the dealer is giving you cow crap! All the dealers feed in their bookings to Maruti, factory then decides to batch up the deliveries as per the stock position and bookings.
So if Maruti has made 100 cars - say 35 diesels & 65 petrols, they will make say 5 sigmas, 20 deltas, 5 zetas and 5 alphas for diesel. These will be made in various colors, so say you want a white diesel alpha, if they have stock available they will send it with other cars to the dealer.
This is purely down to forecasts of trims/colors which Maruti has done.

I think it's down to demand/supply/forecasts... however, having a good rapport with your RM helps if there are cancellations...
Of course I'm not suggesting him to buy it from Chandigarh to Kolkata . I don't think that's possible. Even if one could do that. I am sure, its a lot of hassle.

I only gave that example to tell that waiting periods will vary from city to city and he should not base his waiting period and queue position based on mine.
Horizon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 14:05   #426
BHPian

Quote:
I am in Bangalore and I guess you are in Kolkata. So, there will be a difference in overall supply.
Of course i knew that we were from different cities. As already mentioned in my previous post to you, my only reason behind asking you your tentative delivery date was to get an idea about the current ruling waiting periods in your city, since we both booked the car on the same date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
I believe the dealer is giving you cow crap!
So you mean to say that all these sequence & queue stuff mentioned by the above gentlemen (Horizon85 & farooq817)is not true? And one CAN NOT find out from the dealer by when will his car be delivered ? Now i'm more confused about the mechanism of this whole waiting period process than i was before writing my query on this forum!

Quote:
Of course I'm not suggesting him to buy it from Chandigarh to Kolkata . I don't think that's possible. Even if one could do that. I am sure, its a lot of hassle.
I know. No sane person would suggest that!
viv_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 15:53   #427
BHPian

My colleague who had booked the Baleno is cancelling his booking and going for Elite i20. Reason: Waiting period for the Baleno has extended till June 2016.
jinojohnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 23:11   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
My colleague who had booked the Baleno is cancelling his booking and going for Elite i20. Reason: Waiting period for the Baleno has extended till June 2016.
If he has his heart on the Baleno, I would advise him to wait. Maruti might ramp up production or he might catch a break and have the schedule preponed.

If not, then his heart will ache everytime he sees one on the road.
McLaren Roxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2016, 10:50   #429
BHPian

Hello Everyone. I am Anurag and my TBHP registration has finally been approved after 4 rounds of applications. Thanks a lot to the moderators for approving the application. And hats off to the extremely strict rules that TBHP follows. I have been an ardent follower of TBHP for quite some time now.

I recently bought a Ray Blue Zeta Petrol Baleno from Nexa Parel, Mumbai. Had booked the car on the day pre-booking started. Got the car delivered on December 03. Have clocked around 2400 kms till now. It has been a superb experience so far. Had gone for a trip to Goa as well. Saw several heads turn. In fact, one of the guys actually stopped me to enquire about the car.

The first servicing has been completed. Did not cost anything. However, on the 3rd day of my car, it received a bit dent with a large scratch close to the left headlight, all thanks to a BEST bus which hit my car sideways while I was waiting at Sakinaka signal. Could not do anything. Was extremely heartbroken to see the dent on my new car. I did not want to live with that big dent on my new car, and hence, went ahead with the repair at Nexa Body Shop (or whatever they call it). Replacement of side panel and painting the bumper. Had taken the Zero Dep policy, hence the total bill was 1550. However, have a strong feeling that the entire bumper was unnecessarily painted as the scratch on the bumper was just towards the left and did not require the entire thing to be painted.
Anyways, having got the same repaired, my car now looks good. Just wanted to share all this with all you guys here. And thanks once again to the moderators for approving my membership request.
anuraglakhotia is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2016, 15:28   #430
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraglakhotia View Post
However, have a strong feeling that the entire bumper was unnecessarily painted as the scratch on the bumper was just towards the left and did not require the entire thing to be painted.
Welcome to TBHP and congratulations on your new car!

Any dealership will paint the entire bumper to give uniformity. I guess it is better since you are going to loose the NCB in any case.
sourabhzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2016, 16:04   #431
BHPian

Cool Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

So after a wait of over 2.5 months, the last half of which was in checking other cars with similar rear and boot space, I am cancelling my booking of Zeta Petrol. Current timeline given was about 2-3 weeks from now.
I am getting a Zest XT next week.
And yes I am happy with my decision
rajesh1868 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2016, 17:19   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
So after a wait of over 2.5 months, the last half of which was in checking other cars with similar rear and boot space, I am cancelling my booking of Zeta Petrol. Current timeline given was about 2-3 weeks from now.
I think both of us booked it at around the same time. Nov 1st week. Congratulations on your new car. Zest is a good choice. I have decided to wait for now and try to be as patient as possible.

My other options are 1) Jazz 2) i20 Elite 3) Volkswagen Ameo maybe
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2016, 17:25   #433

Quote:
Zest is a stunner! Congrats.

Many people including me are not going for it just because of the poor reputation of Tata's after-sales service and long term reliability. I hope they prove me wrong this time. Otherwise, it's a great car very similar to Baleno featurewise.
mpm2015 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2016, 19:03   #434
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
When did he book? Waiting period has certainly gone up but did he inquire of the Elite i20's availability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraglakhotia View Post

I recently bought a Ray Blue Zeta Petrol Baleno from Nexa Parel, Mumbai.
Hi anurag, I too have booked from the same place. Who was the RM assigned to you?

By the way how was the service experience with these guys?

Quote:
Since you already were waiting to get the Baleno for 2.5 months were you not tempted to wait a bit longer and get one?
Did you have a word with the showroom manager about the allocation? I had booked on 1st Nov and might get the car by Jan end/Feb start (almost 3 months after I booked)
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2016, 19:21   #435
Senior - BHPian

With the Vitara B, a lot of bookings will get shifted from Baleno to Brezza like what happened to some Swift and Dzire bookings.

The Breeza does not look like it be be priced more than 1 lakh over the Baleno if the engines are similar. Just that Maruti should equip like the models like Baleno i.e lower models to also come nearly well loaded with safety and basics.

If this happens, the Baleno waiting is surely come down.

Then the cycle will again reverse when Baleno comes with the BoosterJet. Maruti is playing ball well.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote