Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 22nd May 2016, 23:21   #901

Is this early delivery trend only in Mumbai, or other cities too?
Anyone getting the car earlier than the delivery time quoted, in Bangalore?
sidrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 07:30   #902
BHPian

Default Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrn View Post
Is this early delivery trend only in Mumbai, or other cities too?

Anyone getting the car earlier than the delivery time quoted, in Bangalore?

I have booked Alpha petrol variant on second week of January, in Bangalore. My RM informed me recently that I will get my vehicle alloted only by June end and subsequent delivery only after July 2nd week. I really wonder, on what basis is the allotment happening between cities and dealers. By the way, the commitment given by the RM at the time of booking was a maximum of 5 months of waiting period.

Last edited by autospeaker : 23rd May 2016 at 07:33.
autospeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:17   #903

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
I have booked Alpha petrol variant on second week of January, in Bangalore. My RM informed me recently that I will get my vehicle alloted only by June end and subsequent delivery only after July 2nd week. I really wonder, on what basis is the allotment happening between cities and dealers. By the way, the commitment given by the RM at the time of booking was a maximum of 5 months of waiting period.
I booked the zeta petrol in last week of April in Bangalore. My RM informed me today that the car would be allotted in 1 n half months.
I was also given a waiting period of 5 months.
I guess the waiting period depends on the showroom too.
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:20   #904

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Zeta Petrol - Premium Ray Blue.

Alloy wheel colour has changed now, it is gun metal grey from plain silver.

Accessories list is not so comprehensive in Nexa and they are eager to sell off Underbody coating and teflon coating.

Accessory Rear view camera is without grid lines and quality is sub par for the cost it is being offered.Also they are not ready to order OEM camera unless its an accident repair for alpha variant.

Also VIN number format seems to have changed, year and month is now in between 17 digit number and not at the end.
Could you please post a pic of your gun metal grey alloy wheel.
Old 23rd May 2016, 17:48   #905
t18
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Atlast got delivery of my Zeta Petrol on 17th May. Had booked on 11th December, 2015.
As if the test drive and booking experience were any better the delivery experience was worse.
The car was delivered outside in the showroom premises in the mid-afternoon almost 37 deg. instead of the Delivery Bay. No bouquet, no cake cutting. Just the choclate box and thats it. The car was in much better condition when I had gone for PDI in their yard. On the day of delivery it had water marks all over. There was no decoration anywhere on the car. Very disappointed with the way the delivery happened.

On the day of PDI.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160430_1518192.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160430_152619.jpg

This is where the delivery happened in the HOT SUN.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20160517wa0000.jpg
t18 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 20:23   #906
BHPian

Quote:
I booked the zeta petrol in last week of April in Bangalore. My RM informed me today that the car would be allotted in 1 n half months.

I was also given a waiting period of 5 months.

I guess the waiting period depends on the showroom too.

Sorry. I am not getting you. If the waiting period is 5 months, allotment happens way before? For your reference, my dealer is Kalyani NEXA, JP Nagar.
autospeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 20:45   #907
BHPian

Any suggestions as to which magnetic shades should I buy for my Delta Baleno ?
saravcshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 21:00   #908
BHPian

Drove a friend's Petrol Baleno today.
Unfortunately, this car doesn't feel faster than my 10 year old Getz. I know my Getz has more than 10% displacement advantage over the Baleno (1341cc vs 1198cc.)
A 10 year old Getz is far superior in terms of braking (could get tricky in wet conditions, no ABS though) and has got a lovely heavy steering.
landcruiser123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 21:18   #909

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Sorry. I am not getting you. If the waiting period is 5 months, allotment happens way before? For your reference, my dealer is Kalyani NEXA, JP Nagar.
No, I am saying that it is happening before time, since he told me 1 n half months today. I am assuming that it might not take 5 months after all. I have booked at Mandovi Motors Nexa Sadashiv nagar.
Old 23rd May 2016, 22:25   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Drove a friend's Petrol Baleno today.
Unfortunately, this car doesn't feel faster than my 10 year old Getz. I know my Getz has more than 10% displacement advantage over the Baleno (1341cc vs 1198cc.)
A 10 year old Getz is far superior in terms of braking (could get tricky in wet conditions, no ABS though) and has got a lovely heavy steering.
It isn't faster than the Getz. The Baleno tops out at about 140 and literally screams at that speed. The Getz is a faster car although the brakes in the Getz are iffy (made me nostalgic about my first ever car, the Getz).
djpeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2016, 00:31   #911

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
Atlast got delivery of my Zeta Petrol on 17th May. Had booked on 11th December, 2015.
As if the test drive and booking experience were any better the delivery experience was worse.
The car was delivered outside in the showroom premises in the mid-afternoon almost 37 deg. instead of the Delivery Bay. No bouquet, no cake cutting. Just the choclate box and thats it. The car was in much better condition when I had gone for PDI in their yard. On the day of delivery it had water marks all over. There was no decoration anywhere on the car. Very disappointed with the way the delivery happened.

On the day of PDI.
Attachment 1509887

Attachment 1509888

This is where the delivery happened in the HOT SUN.
Attachment 1509889
Congrats!! Wishing you many happy miles on your new ride.
What colour are the alloys on your car?
Old 24th May 2016, 17:00   #912
t18
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats!! Wishing you many happy miles on your new ride.
What colour are the alloys on your car?
Thank You.
The alloys are a dark colour. In other body colours you can see the difference.
Shot during PDI in dealer yard.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160430_153841.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160430_153845.jpg
t18 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2016, 17:59   #913
BHPian

Thanks for the pics t18.
I would still go ahead with alloy upgrade when i get mine. The design of these alloys itself is too boring, even though alloys play crucial part in the looks Department. Maruti should take a cue of Hyundai's i20s and active's.
nitinrawatdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 15:27   #914
BHPian

There is this heated debate going on in one of the FaceBook Baleno Forums about approaching Maruti regarding some bad (as in bumpy) rear suspension. Bad enough to form a group and complain. Anyone here experience anything like that ? If yes - any details would be great. Thx.
CLIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 16:25   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
There is this heated debate going on in one of the FaceBook Baleno Forums about approaching Maruti regarding some bad (as in bumpy) rear suspension. Bad enough to form a group and complain. Anyone here experience anything like that ? If yes - any details would be great. Thx.
I have come across it too in FB. Yes, ride quality is little bumpy on bad roads. I have reduced the tyre pressure by 3 PSI and it did help. But problem is not fully solved.
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote