Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2016, 11:36   #946
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Delhi
Posts: 120
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

I had booked a Baleno AT (the Blue colour) in mid to third week of February. At the time I was told of a 6 month waiting period.

However, Bagga Motors' (Delhi, Kotla Mubarakpur area, opposite Def Colony) horrible sales service and lousy attitude in sharing information led me to cancel the booking soon afterwards.

This morning the sales associate called me to say that my "car was ready". While the Baleno is not the car for me, I thought I'd share the update so people here can get one more data point about wait times.
C'estlavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 15:40   #947
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 64
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Have any Baleno owners got their Airbag software upgraded after the callback?
More details into the issue will be appreciated!
nitinrawatdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 15:47   #948
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinrawatdun View Post
Have any Baleno owners got their Airbag software upgraded after the callback?
More details into the issue will be appreciated!
The process will start from June 2016. I had been to the service center yesterday to give my car for some minor denting painting, the service guys said that they will start calling customers in June and get the recall fixed. As per yesterday, they had no information on what needs to be done.

Also, the official notification on NEXA site states that the recall will happen after 31st May 2016.
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 17:16   #949
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mysore
Posts: 5
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

If you have booked baleno, your wait got longer....

Quoted from Carandbike:

"Country's leading car manufacturer, Maruti Suzuki India has announced a temporary production suspension at the Manesar and Gurugram plant. The company today issued an official statement saying that owing to an unfortunate fire accident at the Manesar facilities of its top supplier, Subros Limited, supplies of components from that plant has been disrupted. As a result, the company will have to temporarily shut down production of cars at both its facilities effective May 30, 2016.
The fire accident at Subros Limited's plant took place on Sunday May 29 and is believed to be a major one. In its official statement Maruti Suzuki India said, "Subros Limited and Maruti Suzuki are jointly assessing the extent of damage to essential equipment. We are also examining the options available to start supply of components from other facilities. Production will resume as soon as components become available."
cr_nath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 23:11   #950
BHPian
 
vivekgk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 627
Thanked: 333 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hi,

I'm planning to book the Baleno Sigma Diesel @ Rs. 7.3 lacs OTR. There is no Nexa dealership in my home town, Trivandrum yet, and I'll have to book from Cochin. They have promised to give a test drive, "when the vehicle is available in Trivandrum". I've been asked for Rs. 11000/- as token booking amount, and they assured a 6-7 months waiting period for the diesel and 4-5 months for the petrol.

Should I go ahead and put down this cash to ensure a place in the queue, or wait for the Nexa showroom in Trivandrum to finish construction in about 2-3months and then hopefully get to the first of the queue here?

I know there's no chance of any discounts, but is there any comparable alternative in terms of features to the Baleno? Also, considering that my monthly running is unlikely to exceed 1500 kms, and that I'll be getting 25L of fuel paid as conveyance from office, does it make sense to go for the petrol Delta version instead? ICE is a big priority for me. I have a sub and front comps in my current car, and I aim to transfer that setup into my new car. Or, should I go for the Sigma Petrol and use the money saved on ICE and alloys?

Last edited by vivekgk : 31st May 2016 at 23:14.
vivekgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2016, 01:07   #951
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 108
Thanked: 178 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Hi,

I'm planning to book the Baleno Sigma Diesel @ Rs. 7.3 lacs OTR. There is no Nexa dealership in my home town, Trivandrum yet, and I'll have to book from Cochin. They have promised to give a test drive, "when the vehicle is available in Trivandrum". I've been asked for Rs. 11000/- as token booking amount, and they assured a 6-7 months waiting period for the diesel and 4-5 months for the petrol.

Should I go ahead and put down this cash to ensure a place in the queue, or wait for the Nexa showroom in Trivandrum to finish construction in about 2-3months and then hopefully get to the first of the queue here?

I know there's no chance of any discounts, but is there any comparable alternative in terms of features to the Baleno? Also, considering that my monthly running is unlikely to exceed 1500 kms, and that I'll be getting 25L of fuel paid as conveyance from office, does it make sense to go for the petrol Delta version instead? ICE is a big priority for me. I have a sub and front comps in my current car, and I aim to transfer that setup into my new car. Or, should I go for the Sigma Petrol and use the money saved on ICE and alloys?
You have made a good choice with Sigma variant. Currently, there aren't many more cars at that price point, offering safety features. Your thought of going for Petrol is sensible too.

25 L in Baleno should cover 350 km. The remaining 1150 km, falls in grey area where you can go with either petrol or diesel. With the money saved initally, you can go in for a wonderful ICE and alloys. I remember seeing a white baleno with Momo alloys (similar pic attached, and salivating over it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
autorahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2016, 01:28   #952
BHPian
 
procrastinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chandigarh/Pune
Posts: 75
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Or, should I go for the Sigma Petrol and use the money saved on ICE and alloys?
Hey! Are you sure you want to stick with bare-bones Sigma variant?
The features in Delta variant like Rear Wash and Wiper, Defogger, ACC, Electric Folding ORVMS are some of the useful features which cannot be added later.
Also, factory fit is a factor fit. Period.

Attaching a comparison sheet from another thread.


Also, If you can afford the diesel, stick to it. After all 1.3MJD is a national Engine.

Quote:
Should I go ahead and put down this cash to ensure a place in the queue, or wait for the Nexa showroom in Trivandrum to finish construction in about 2-3months and then hopefully get to the first of the queue here?
Why should you block money on under construction showroom? Wait till it begins with the operations.

Last edited by procrastinator : 1st June 2016 at 01:34.
procrastinator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2016, 11:27   #953
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Dear friends,

Is it just my car (Baleno CVT) or are all having the same issue as me, that being that Fuel Economy has fallen from a good 14.5 km/l to 13.8 km/l. All this in the last month only.
The AC use is continuous as was before too. I understand the summer and it falling to 14 or so, but I get this nagging feeling that it could still drop.

Any thoughts on that front?
Dr.Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2016, 12:38   #954
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 64
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Q View Post
Dear friends,

Is it just my car (Baleno CVT) or are all having the same issue as me, that being that Fuel Economy has fallen from a good 14.5 km/l to 13.8 km/l. All this in the last month only.
The AC use is continuous as was before too. I understand the summer and it falling to 14 or so, but I get this nagging feeling that it could still drop.

Any thoughts on that front?
Well its not a significant drop but anyways there can be many factors which can effect the FE:
-Change in driving habits, routes, denser traffic.
-The quality of fuel(in case you have changed your usual bunk for refueling)
-Tire Pressure/Upgrade
-Too much junk in the car boot
-Dirty Fuel injectors/Air filters

Few of these you can check, for other may be head on to the service center and get checked if the FE drop is drastic.
PS: details like Kilometers done and services history would help fellow BHPians further when responding.
nitinrawatdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2016, 15:26   #955
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,492
Thanked: 1,509 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Motorbeam has posted an article about 'BigDaddy Customs', a car tuning house based out of New Delhi.

Link

One of their latest projects is on the Baleno and the article has the modifications done on this car.

Man, just a simple swap of some great rims can change a bland looking car into a complete drool drive

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-marutibalenobigdaddycustomexterior.jpg
Vik0728 is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2016, 16:05   #956
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 64
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Motorbeam has posted an article about 'BigDaddy Customs', a car tuning house based out of New Delhi.

Link

One of their latest projects is on the Baleno and the article has the modifications done on this car.

Man, just a simple swap of some great rims can change a bland looking car into a complete drool drive

Attachment 1512994
I can spot momos right away from a distance. The momo revenge really enhance the looks of the car and transform it into a more sprightly looking rally car.
nitinrawatdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2016, 21:10   #957
BHPian
 
vivekgk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 627
Thanked: 333 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrastinator View Post
Why should you block money on under construction showroom? Wait till it begins with the operations.
I meant that I could either book my car at an out of town showroom now, or wait till the showroom here finishes construction and book it here then. I might save a month or more if I book now.

I'm not particularly keen on driving a brand new unregistered car 250 kms on very dangerous Kerala NH, and even less keen on having it delivered here by the showroom drivers who will abuse it on the drive here.

I'm hoping that the newly opened dealership will get a few early deliveries to keep their customer base happy, and hoping to be among the first to book. But, if waiting for the new showroom means delaying my delivery that much forward, then it makes sense to book now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrastinator View Post
Hey! Are you sure you want to stick with bare-bones Sigma variant?
The features in Delta variant like Rear Wash and Wiper, Defogger, ACC, Electric Folding ORVMS are some of the useful features which cannot be added later.
Also, factory fit is a factor fit. Period.

Attaching a comparison sheet from another thread.


Also, If you can afford the diesel, stick to it. After all 1.3MJD is a national Engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
You have made a good choice with Sigma variant. Currently, there aren't many more cars at that price point, offering safety features. Your thought of going for Petrol is sensible too.

25 L in Baleno should cover 350 km. The remaining 1150 km, falls in grey area where you can go with either petrol or diesel. With the money saved initally, you can go in for a wonderful ICE and alloys. I remember seeing a white baleno with Momo alloys (similar pic attached, and salivating over it)
The reason I am interested in the Sigma variant is because I was originally planning on upgrading to a newer compact sedan at the same price point. But I realised that most of the current compact sedans don't have enough of a boot space advantage over premium hatches, and all of them are ugly. Also, all of them have mid-hatch level space inside, and have mid-hatch level ride and handling characteristics.

Settling for the Sigma variant means I can go for the diesel in my budget, and with the prices going steadily up, the extra kpl might turn out to be worth foregoing the other stuff, especially as the Sigma has the basics and safety features.

But as procastinator said, factory fit is factory fit, as I rightly know from owing a full option car for the last six years. Everything that was factory fitted, like the defogger, power windows, chrome beadings, fog lamps etc have worked right as rain, while the extra items I added, like the Bosch horns and reverse sensors to the audio system, give intermittent issues due to poor workmanship. To get all this fitted right, I might end up spending a lot more than 80k in the long run. Still I'd like a bit more advice in this regard, and I'll be doing a bit more research. Thanks for the replies, and I'd appreciate more insights in the matter from everyone.
vivekgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2016, 09:36   #958
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 42
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I meant that I could either book my car at an out of town showroom now, or wait till the showroom here finishes construction and book it here then. I might save a month or more if I book now.

I'm not particularly keen on driving a brand new unregistered car 250 kms on very dangerous Kerala NH, and even less keen on having it delivered here by the showroom drivers who will abuse it on the drive here.

I'm hoping that the newly opened dealership will get a few early deliveries to keep their customer base happy, and hoping to be among the first to book. But, if waiting for the new showroom means delaying my delivery that much forward, then it makes sense to book now.
The Nexa showroom in Trivandrum has already started taking bookings from last week itself.

They will be getting their first lot of cars mid next week including the display and test drive ones.
y448 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2016, 10:51   #959
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,417
Thanked: 9,305 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post
The Nexa showroom in Trivandrum has already started taking bookings from last week itself.

They will be getting their first lot of cars mid next week including the display and test drive ones.
Any idea which dealer is supporting this Trivandrum NEXA? Indus/ Popular?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2016, 11:17   #960
BHPian
 
ontheroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: KL-01/KL-08
Posts: 265
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Any idea which dealer is supporting this Trivandrum NEXA? Indus/ Popular?
It is a new group, as per my understanding.
ontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Celerio : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 396 1st December 2016 23:39
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review Vid6639 Official New Car Reviews 2928 27th November 2016 08:50
Maruti Alto 800 : Official Review .anshuman Official New Car Reviews 186 30th September 2016 14:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks