Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 27th June 2016, 15:04   #1111

Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

I have used 3M Finesseit. It works for minor scratches. By looking at the photo it seems to be a minor scratch.
ravindranm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 15:53   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
IMO the scratch pens aren't that effective. Better to go for the com paint scratch remover kit. They normally have the kit for all the colours. I have used it and though it requires some patience, it's highly effective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
I find dupont pens to be very effective. They are available in amazon. I used it to fill a scratch on front right fender on my autumn orange baleno.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I can vouch for scratch out, but beware of spurious rip offs. Its rare to find the original these days. Turtle Wax Scratch Repair Pen worked for me as well.
Thanks everyone for giving me those inputs. But going through the reviews of the products mentioned, they are effective only for a hairline scratch. Infact, people have mentioned that Dupont pens also remove a part of the paint in the process. Now, I do not know what kind of a scratch is present on my car and do not want to ruin it further. :(
Any idea what the scratch shown in the picture qualifies as?
farooq817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 16:17   #1113
BHPian

With no proper updates from my RM regarding delivery, finally I cancelled off my booking today.

Have decided to go back to Fiat and booked Punto Evo. Will be getting delivery on this Sunday.
Sudhindra is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 16:23   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
With no proper updates from my RM regarding delivery, finally I cancelled off my booking today.

Have decided to go back to Fiat and booked Punto Evo. Will be getting delivery on this Sunday.
Congratulations on booking the Punto Evo!
Can you please share more details of your Punto booking? Which variant and how much discount are you getting?
A friend is in the same boat and thinking about Punto Evo.
Sherlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 18:30   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Congratulations on booking the Punto Evo!
Can you please share more details of your Punto booking? Which variant and how much discount are you getting?
A friend is in the same boat and thinking about Punto Evo.
Thanks. I had called up Fiat Caffee and they confirmed 2 vehicles available in stock.
Booked Fiat Punto Evo emotion 75hp. Got discount of 60k
Sudhindra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 11:14   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
Thanks everyone for giving me those inputs. But going through the reviews of the products mentioned, they are effective only for a hairline scratch. Infact, people have mentioned that Dupont pens also remove a part of the paint in the process. Now, I do not know what kind of a scratch is present on my car and do not want to ruin it further. :(
Any idea what the scratch shown in the picture qualifies as?
I have been using this Sheeba Rubbing Compound Scratch Remover (bought on Amazon for 115 bucks) since Dec/Jan on my white 2014 Dzire, and it works quite well, both on painted metal and fiber panels. Going by the picture of the scratches that you posted, I'm sure they can be removed. Just make sure that you follow the instructions listed on the bottle without fail if you're new to rubbing compounds. Another note: rubbing compounds are NOT dependent on the color of the vehicle; all that they do is dissolve a very small amount of paint from the surrounding areas and fill it in the depressions created by the scratch. Sounds harmful but it isn't.
vikred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 12:11   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Carbon Fibre Wrap :
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20160628wa0006.jpg

Details :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4005157 (My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol)
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 13:19   #1118

Smile Suzuki Baleno Servicing Trivandrum

BHPians please enlighten me. I had booked a Baleno Zeta 1.3 couple of weeks back and yet to receive it. Might get it in another couple of weeks. Since Nexa Trivandrum hasn't started their service center yet, the dealership guy suggested me to take mine to Sarathy Motors Trivandrum for all services. My question is, is it okay if I get my new buy serviced from any of the genuine Maruti Authorized Service Centers in Trivandrum? Because I have one very near to where I stay so was thinking it is okay.
Sachin4920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 15:01   #1119
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I have recently started driving my Baleno Alpha though I had got it on Jan this year(was out of country for work), I just have 1.3K on the odo. I have got couple of questions

Did anybody install engine guard? As we know on Baleno there isn't any guard from beneath and neither any such thing is offered as an accessory. Not sure installing such a metal guard would cause any heating issues in engine bay, please advise.

How is the bluetooth audio performance? I am facing frequent disconnects, i.e the mobile device gets disconnected and then reconnects and in this process audio stops and starts all over from the beginning. Did anybody such a problem?
maverickmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 16:23   #1120

Hi All,

I took delivery of my Baleno Petrol Alpha on January 7,2016. Even though I paid the whole amount by November 2015, lot of uncontrollable events like Chennai Floods delayed the date on which I received the vehicle. I had paid for extended warranty as well when making the initial payment on November 2015.

The extended warranty card is mentioning that my vehicle is under warranty till November 2019. Should it not be till January 2020?

Requesting your help and suggestions on the same
achu411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 18:02   #1121
BHPian

Looks amazing. Black suits the color really well.

Last edited by sathish81 : 28th June 2016 at 18:03.
sathish81 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 18:10   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Suzuki Baleno Servicing Trivandrum

Of course yes.

Nexa is just a retail outlet. Even if you buy from Nexa you would have to go to an ordinary Maruti service centre for servicing anyhow.

Maybe the reason why Sarathy is most probably the Nexa showroom is owned and operated by Sarathy. So they will naturally refer you to service at their own service centre.

You can go to any of the big service centres (Popular, Indus or Sarathy themselves) to get your Baleno serviced, though since its a brand new car I guess you have to notify them(?) to avail the free services.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 18:10   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achu411 View Post
Hi All,

I took delivery of my Baleno Petrol Alpha on January 7,2016. Even though I paid the whole amount by November 2015, lot of uncontrollable events like Chennai Floods delayed the date on which I received the vehicle. I had paid for extended warranty as well when making the initial payment on November 2015.

The extended warranty card is mentioning that my vehicle is under warranty till November 2019. Should it not be till January 2020?

Requesting your help and suggestions on the same
Dealer would have done the invoice for your car in November 2015. Which month was your car manufactured?
Dr.Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 18:37   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin4920 View Post
My question is, is it okay if I get my new buy serviced from any of the genuine Maruti Authorized Service Centers in Trivandrum? Because I have one very near to where I stay so was thinking it is okay.
You may get NEXA retailed vehicles serviced from any Non - NEXA authorised Maruti workshop. My friend has n S - Cross and he has been doing thus. No issues at all.
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 21:30   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin4920 View Post
BHPians please enlighten me. I had booked a Baleno Zeta 1.3 couple of weeks back and yet to receive it. Might get it in another couple of weeks. Since Nexa Trivandrum hasn't started their service center yet, the dealership guy suggested me to take mine to Sarathy Motors Trivandrum for all services. My question is, is it okay if I get my new buy serviced from any of the genuine Maruti Authorized Service Centers in Trivandrum? Because I have one very near to where I stay so was thinking it is okay.

Last Saturday I was at Indus Motors to service my Ertiga. The price list board of various jobs and labour rates had the S Cross on them. So definitely the service the Nexa cars too.
Ramon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote