Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2016, 15:54   #1216
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 4,110
Thanked: 16,537 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Maruti is already exporting Baleno with K12 dualjet engine to Europe. Looking at the MID pic, this looks like an export variant. Speedometer is marked in MPH. Baleno is already under 4 metres and enjoys tax benefit. SVHS technology won't help much here.
Also, the 1.2L Dualjet is 1242cc, which does not come under 1200cc for a petrol engine to avail of tax benefits in India.

Definitely an export-spec model, most possibly for Belgium (since the one in the spy pics is a RHD & a MT-equipped one).

RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2016, 16:19   #1217
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,792
Thanked: 10,682 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Maruti is already exporting Baleno with K12 dualjet engine to Europe. Looking at the MID pic, this looks like an export variant.
Baleno K12 dual jet SHVS is already on sale in EU countries.
This could be for readying the Baleno for meeting the next emission norms for India with the Dualjet.
Note that Maruti Suzuki takes a testing time(after being spied) of ~ 1 year for its official launch .


Maruti Baleno : Official Review-capture.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st July 2016 at 16:36.
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2016, 16:34   #1218
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 7
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amutreja View Post
Also, are they providing any corporate discount on this car?
Congrats mate! I received mine a week before and there is no corporate discount that I know of. But it wouldn't hurt to ask. Also let us know in here if you get any.
Sachin4920 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2016, 16:40   #1219
Senior - BHPian
 
romeomidhun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,378
Thanked: 1,395 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki considering Baleno petrol SHVS for 2017 launch in India - spied on test. With petrol cars in demand Maruti could be increasing its
offering with the mild hybrid technology.

This will be Maruti Suzuki's first car with SHVS - Mild Hybrid technology for its petrol cars in India
If Baleno SHVS is tested for India, it will be with a bigger Petrol engine like K14 or M15 to save tax, IMO.

Maruti will not test the SHVS in smaller Petrol engines (K12 or K10 Boosterjet) which will just up the cost as they are not getting additional tax benefit. I don't think they will do it only to increase the mileage.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 21st July 2016 at 16:41.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2016, 17:00   #1220
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2,195 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Baleno K12 dual jet SHVS is already on sale in EU countries.
This could be for readying the Baleno for meeting the next emission norms for India with the Dualjet.
Note that Maruti Suzuki takes a testing time(after being spied) of ~ 1 year for its official launch .
India is the only manufacturing hub for Baleno. This particular car what Overdrive has come across should be an export variant. It doesn't make any sense to launch dual jet 1.2 with increased price. It has only marginal power gain over current 1.2. Baleno booster jet is a confirmed launch during festive season. When Maruti is going to launch booster jet with good performance for a premium, why would they get 1242 CC dual jet Baleno?

If Maruti is indeed going to launch 1242 cc dual jet with SVHS, current 1.2 would be stopped.

Above 1.2 L for petrol = Doesn't enjoy tax benefit
Plonk SVHS = Oh, yeah it's a hybrid now = Enjoys tax benefit

Now it makes sense!!

There is no point selling 1.2, 1242 cc dual jet and 1.0 Booster jet together.
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2016, 17:03   #1221
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,792
Thanked: 10,682 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post

If Maruti is indeed going to launch 1242 cc dual jet with SVHS, current 1.2 would be stopped.

Above 1.2 L for petrol = Doesn't enjoy tax benefit
Plonk SVHS = Oh, yeah it's a hybrid now = Enjoys tax benefit

Now it makes sense!!

There is no point selling 1.2, 1242 cc dual jet and 1.0 Booster jet together.
Yes when launched the current 1.2 is speculated to be phased out in late 2017.

Future engines ( for New emission norms)for Maruti Suzuki products will be the 1.0/1.4 Boosterjets, Dual jet and the 1.5 in-house diesel engine.Maybe the would retain the DDiS 320 for specific products .

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st July 2016 at 17:10.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2016, 17:09   #1222
Senior - BHPian
 
rajeev k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Emerging Metro
Posts: 3,281
Thanked: 1,654 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Definitely an export-spec model, most possibly for Belgium (since the one in the spy pics is a RHD & a MT-equipped one).
It could be for UK as it is a RHD with the speedo marked in MPH.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2016, 13:18   #1223
BHPian
 
Crazy_Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 333
Thanked: 188 Times
Talking Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Thanks to the BHP family and after a lost of deliberation we picked up our new Baleno Zeta CVT yesterday. Its a great car. Since I know I am not capable of posting pictures that show things that gurus have not already pointed out, I will do away with a Prisma photo (read Fad photo). Cheers. Happy to answer any questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-13833235_10209724385166807_1317194626_o.jpg  

Crazy_Bean is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 09:45   #1224
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 18
Thanked: 11 Times
Smile Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Thanks to the BHP family and after a lost of deliberation we picked up our new Baleno Zeta CVT yesterday. Its a great car. Since I know I am not capable of posting pictures that show things that gurus have not already pointed out, I will do away with a Prisma photo (read Fad photo). Cheers. Happy to answer any questions.
Congratulations ! Wish you a safe drive. It looks like Granite Greay, I have also booked Zeta CVT on 9.05.2016 and probably by this month end or during 1st week of August I may get the delivery. When was it booked ?
Please post interior photo if possible.
ravindranm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 12:38   #1225
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

I got my new Baleno Delta - CVT in bangalore on 14/7/2016. Going back to a maruti suzuki car after a gap of 10 years. Last 10 years I used a santro & innova. It is a big relief to drive a CVT in bangalore as I commute about 39 kms every day. Pretty happy with the car as of now as I have just driven about 350 kms. I was very inquisitive to check the mileage on the first full tank. It is 10.97 kms in the city. I am pretty conservative on the accelerator & do not drive it as I drive a manual car. Traffic in bangalore can go as bad as 12km/hr. Intermittent A/c usage as it is rainy season. Hope it improves after the first service. Does this really matter for the new generation cars ? Does these cars call for any running in period ? Please advise. Normally I try to keep it to max 60km/hr for the first 3000 kms.
gypsteem@gmail. is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 15:19   #1226
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,499
Thanked: 1,520 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsteem@gmail. View Post
I got my new Baleno Delta - CVT in bangalore on 14/7/2016.

Does these cars call for any running in period ? Please advise.
Hey gypsteem@gmail, congrats on your latest acquisition and as part of the norm, you gotta post loads of pictures, if not an ownership report buddy

Unlike some of the sports car engines, all the mainstream engines must be run in for the complete mechanical bedding and to improve longevity of parts. I would suggest you go through the thread below compiled by some of the forum gurus for more information.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html (ARTICLE: How to Run-In your new car)

During run-in, I ensure not to maintain an constant RPM/Speed and try to vary both for the first couple of thousand KMs.

Wish you a happy motoring and drive safe.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 27th July 2016 at 15:20.
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 18:13   #1227
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey gypsteem@gmail, congrats on your latest acquisition and as part of the norm, you gotta post loads of pictures, if not an ownership report buddy

Unlike some of the sports car engines, all the mainstream engines must be run in for the complete mechanical bedding and to improve longevity of parts. I would suggest you go through the thread below compiled by some of the forum gurus for more information.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html (ARTICLE: How to Run-In your new car)

During run-in, I ensure not to maintain an constant RPM/Speed and try to vary both for the first couple of thousand KMs.

Wish you a happy motoring and drive safe.
Dear Vik,

Thank you very much for the shared info. I will definitely share the photos over the weekend
gypsteem@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016, 08:12   #1228
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Thane
Posts: 16
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Is there something wrong with Diesel Production of Baleno, As waiting period is abnormally high (around 5-6 months)
jateen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016, 13:17   #1229
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Delhi
Posts: 15
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateen View Post
Is there something wrong with Diesel Production of Baleno, As waiting period is abnormally high (around 5-6 months)
Brother, Petrol waiting period is around 6-7 months. Just inquired last Sunday. I am seriously planning to book a Petrol Balena Delta trim. By the way, can anybody tell me how is the Rajouri Garden, Nexa Dealership, because that is closest to my house and I will be making the booking with them.

Regards,
Atul Aggarwal
akabhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016, 15:49   #1230
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2,195 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateen View Post
Is there something wrong with Diesel Production of Baleno, As waiting period is abnormally high (around 5-6 months)
Petrol Baleno has more waiting period. Even the bookings are higher for petrol variant. It is 70 : 30 ratio for petrol vs diesel variant bookings according to my Nexa dealer.

Since bookings are less for diesel variant, even production would be lower.
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Celerio : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 399 6th December 2016 15:19
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review Vid6639 Official New Car Reviews 2930 4th December 2016 18:05
Maruti Alto 800 : Official Review .anshuman Official New Car Reviews 186 30th September 2016 14:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks