Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 30th August 2016, 15:21   #1321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravindranm View Post
Finally today got a call from Kalyani Nexa at JP Nagar, Bangalore. They informed that they are allotting Zeta CVT today and it shall reach Bangalore in 12 days.

Probably the person who called was from finance he was more interested in selling Car loan.

Srinidhi13 kindly suggest the PID for the vehicle and also how much time did it take from the day of reaching Bangalore to the actual date of delivery of your vehicle.

Hi Ravindra, Even I took the delivery from the same dealer. And you are right, the first person to call us would be the Loan guy and obviously he would push us for the loan.

I know that once the car reaches Bangalore, it's taken to the stockyard in Kengeri directly . From there, in a day or two, it will be brought to Kalyani's JP Nagar parking area.Your RM can take you here, for you to do the PDI.

I did stick to the Team BHP list. It's vast and detailed and should suffice.

PS: Make sure you got extra time during the delivery. There will a huge number of cars in the queue to be delivered and there can be a potential delay.
autospeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 10:26   #1322
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Just to clarify, the problem I am referring here, occurs when I press the clutch pedal, even before the gear lever is slotted from 1st to 2nd.
Yes, the problem is seen when the clutch pedal is depressed(clutch dis-engaged).

Quote:
Meanwhile, could you please tell me at what rpm the problem doesn't occur. I usually up shift from 1st to 2nd around 1500 rpm. For reference, engine idles around 650~700 rpm.
I will let you know the exact RPM range where the jerk felt less intense(did not drive the car past couple of days).
maverickmano is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 10:38   #1323
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
I feel the jerk to be more prominent when you shift from 1st to 2nd under lower RPMs, shifting after a bit of revving relatively eases this jerk out.
I don't feel it is a common problem. The odometer in my Baleno is about to touch 10k Km and except for the initial few days I never faced the problem. As I migrated from a petrol hatch so I was not shifting in correct RPM and I used to face this kind of jerk.

Quote:

the problem I am referring here, occurs when I press the clutch pedal
If it's because of the clutch pedal, then you should check with MASS. I have few friends who have Baleno and they never complained about this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRINIDHI13 View Post

Mine is Sony XAV 68BT. .
Can you please post one picture as I am also in the mood to install one.
Rajeeev is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 14:52   #1324
BHPian

HI Guys,

Recently i got a cut in my Baleno (Alpha) tyre of driver side. When i went for the replacement. After replacing the tyre he filled aur till 32 psi. i asked him to lowered it to 29. Then he told me "Sir, 29 is too low for the car, even in you car side wall are of less size, and asked to me use 32 psi in tyre, otherwise it will be prone to CUT in tyre".

I am not sure what to say then, i just told make it 29 psi.

So guys what should be the ideal tyre pressure for City and Highway usage in baleno?
rajpandey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 22:20   #1325
BHPian

A question to the Baleno CVT owners.

How many ratios does the Baleno CVT have.
I have been driving mine extensively, it definitely behaves like it has fixed ratios, i.e. the rev drops are instant, and not smooth (CVT like) while maintaining speed.

I was able to count 5. I was hoping it has 6.

Can someone please confirm?
Crazy_Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2016, 07:35   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
A question to the Baleno CVT owners.

How many ratios does the Baleno CVT have.
I have been driving mine extensively, it definitely behaves like it has fixed ratios, i.e. the rev drops are instant, and not smooth (CVT like) while maintaining speed.

I was able to count 5. I was hoping it has 6.

Can someone please confirm?
I think CVT does not have fixed number of ratios.
sathish81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2016, 13:21   #1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravindranm View Post

Srinidhi13 kindly suggest the PID for the vehicle and also how much time did it take from the day of reaching Bangalore to the actual date of delivery of your vehicle.
Hi,

I suggest you to read this nice article in team bhp on pre delivery inspection https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list

I was told that he car would be delivered a week after making the payment but it came even earlier.

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st September 2016 at 17:26. Reason: Fixing quote
SRINIDHI13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2016, 15:18   #1328

Even Nexa is dumping some of its unsold cars / rejected cars due to recall program or any other reason to its customer.
I was allotted Baleno very early and later it was having defects. After i rejected it, now it been more than 6 months I'm not being allotted any car.

Note from Mod: Post edited. Please avoid extra dots (....) in your post. Do see this thread before continuing.

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st September 2016 at 17:56. Reason: Please see note in post.
jateen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2016, 19:55   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpandey10 View Post
HI Guys,

Recently i got a cut in my Baleno (Alpha) tyre of driver side. When i went for the replacement. After replacing the tyre he filled aur till 32 psi. i asked him to lowered it to 29.
Where did you go for Tyre replacement? Is this NEXA service advisor telling you to fill 32 psi?

Please stick to 29psi, my car has done 2.5k till date without any issues.
Others can confirm as well.
silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2016, 20:20   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
I understand that. But the Audi multitronic that is a CVT also has 7 coded ratios. Same is the case with Honda s. What would paddle shifters do otherwise?
Old 2nd September 2016, 11:00   #1331
BHPian

Was looking for a petrol hatch back with automatic gear box after I cancelled my booking for Vitara brezza.

My priorities were responsiveness, fuel efficiency, reliability and resale value.

Jazz felt underpowered and though I absolutely loved the Polo GT TSI, I just couldn't muster enough courage to buy one considering reliability, fuel economy and resale issues. The Volkswagen dealer even offered a display/demo car with tempting discount. Finally I Went ahead booked the baleno zeta CVT in fire red color as it seemed to tick all the right boxes for me.

After going through this thread my excitement is dying down and M having following concerns:-

1. Though the CVT has ARAI fuel economy figure which is same as its manual counterpart and highest in the segment, the fuel economy which is being reported seems to be really less as compared to manual offering. 11kmpl sounds really pathetic. It's even way less than what forum members are claiming for their jazz cvt or the Polo GT tsi.

2. Looking the problems being faced by the owners especially pertaining to suspension, rattling noises, projector headlamps, extremely light sheet metal etc. I'M getting a feeling that Baleno hasn't got off to a flying start as far as reliability is concerned.

I loved the car during the test drive but the above doubts are making me second guess my decision.

It would be really helpful if owners could chip in with their feedback.
fuelinmyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 11:33   #1332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
How many ratios does the Baleno CVT have. I was able to count 5. I was hoping it has 6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
I find that in Malaysia, the Swift is sold with a CVT. Given the roughly similar segment, I assume the same CVT is used in the Baleno.

And the range of ratios for the Swift's CVT given are:
  • 1st-6th 4.006-0.550
  • Reverse 3.771
  • Final gear ratio 4.011
To answer your specific question, the specifications mention "1st - 6th" so 6 ratios.

Source: http://www.suzuki.net.my/index.php/swift-sport/
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 11:38   #1333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpandey10 View Post

So guys what should be the ideal tyre pressure for City and Highway usage in baleno?
The Baleno tire specification shows 32 PSI in front tires and 29 PSI in the rear. For city I usually keep 31 PSI in the front and 28 PSI in the rear. But for highway drives I keep +1 PSI up than the recommended due to the reason that tires may flex more if I keep less pressure and due to more friction tire life will reduce. There may be different opinions for highway drives, whether we should keep a bit more pressure or not. I had a couple of highway trips from Hyderabad to Sholapur (Roads are very bad) and Pune to Mumbai. I did not face any issue with the tire pressure that I kept.
Rajeeev is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 16:16   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I find that in Malaysia, the Swift is sold with a CVT. Given the roughly similar segment, I assume the same CVT is used in the Baleno.

To answer your specific question, the specifications mention "1st - 6th" so 6 ratios.

Source: http://www.suzuki.net.my/index.php/swift-sport/
I hope so too. 6 Ratios sound good.
How does the highest ratio compare to the 5th gear on the manual?
Old 2nd September 2016, 22:27   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeeev View Post
The Baleno tire specification shows 32 PSI in front tires and 29 PSI in the rear. For city I usually keep 31 PSI in the front and 28 PSI in the rear. But for highway drives I keep +1 PSI up than the recommended due to the reason that tires may flex more if I keep less
I normally keeps 29 psi in all the tyres, i am keeping this beacuse it was recommended on the driver side door ?

I feel that 29psi is less and this is also what Apollo tyre dealer told me.

Where have you seen in specs for 31 psi frond and 29 psi rear for baleno? can you please tell me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Where did you go for Tyre replacement? Is this NEXA service advisor telling you to fill 32 psi?

Please stick to 29psi, my car has done 2.5k till date without any issues.
Others can confirm as well.
I went to Apollo authorised dealer in gurgaon. It is not nexa authorised person but the person who was there in Apollo tyre shop.

A generic question:
Does less tyre pressure flexes tyre more?
rajpandey10 is offline   Reply With Quote