Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2016, 16:40   #181
BHPian
 
manasmadaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amritsar
Posts: 234
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Glad i could be of help, You just can't go wrong with the XUV, Specially in terms of interior space, Mhawk engine and the features its provides

All the best for the purchase!
yes, you are absolutely right. The space and features are unparalled in XUV.
I was hell bent on going for Jetta but the wife looked at it and said. What? No sunroof, no navigation, no rear camera and no push button start and you are ready to pay Rs 22 lakhs for it. Are you nuts? If you want an automatic sedan, then get Honda city VX CVT at almost half its price with all these features. And there vanished all my plans of Jetta in thin air
VW, Are you listening
manasmadaan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2016, 16:51   #182
BHPian
 
Jo-G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear Ehsank78,

If I remember right - the company claims (ARIA figures) 16 kmpl for manual and 13.68 for the automatic.

Girish Mahajan
I have been driving it (My silver streak - W10 FWD Automatic) around for a month now with 3 trips between Kottayam (Kerala) and Bangalore, and one trip from Kottayam - Kanyakumari - Bangalore. The mileage figures as below.

Kottayam - Kumili - Cumbum (Slightly Ghat section) 14 to 15 KMPL
Cumbum - Bangalore 16 KMPL
Bangalore City 12 to 13 KMPL
Kottayam town 10 KMPL
Kottayam - Kanyakumari 15 KMPL

Highways (normal driving) 16 KMPL
Highways (aggressive) 12-14 KMPL

Good performance, very comfortable and gives confidence.

Comment about the space inside:
Kottayam to Kanyakumari : 3 grown up kids of above average height and physique in the 3rd row, 3 adults and 1 small child in 2nd row, Driver and co-driver in front. No complaints from anyone any time during the trip. (not sure if that was due to their excitement, especially the 3rd row occupants)


Last edited by Jo-G : 21st April 2016 at 17:00.
Jo-G is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2016, 20:58   #183
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BAngalore
Posts: 86
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Hi Jo-G,

Thank you for detailed on road details about the mileage on the AT.

Even when I did the test drive ( Mix of stop-go traffic & highway at a steady speed of about 80 to 100 KMPH, the MID was showing a reading of about 15 ~ 16 KM/L, which I was doubting, but after reading your post, I would at least wishfully want to believe your facts .

With the kind of traffic in Bangalore, I am happy even if it returns a mileage of about 13+. Not that I am complaining for that size and power of the vehicle, but its a typical psychological mindset.

I had even looked at the Duster AMT, but never felt it as an upgrade to my old earlier Duster. The insides were really basic and does not inspire much to spend that kind of money.

Hence bit the bullet of XUV AT.
mjkaushal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 07:34   #184
BHPian
 
kaviprem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 780
Thanked: 472 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
Hi Jo-G,

Thank you for detailed on road details about the mileage on the AT.

Even when I did the test drive ( Mix of stop-go traffic & highway at a steady speed of about 80 to 100 KMPH, the MID was showing a reading of about 15 ~ 16 KM/L, which I was doubting, but after reading your post, I would at least wishfully want to believe your facts .

With the kind of traffic in Bangalore, I am happy even if it returns a mileage of about 13+. Not that I am complaining for that size and power of the vehicle, but its a typical psychological mindset.

I had even looked at the Duster AMT, but never felt it as an upgrade to my old earlier Duster. The insides were really basic and does not inspire much to spend that kind of money.

Hence bit the bullet of XUV AT.
If it's the marathahalli kind traffic during peak hours, the max you can expect is 9. You should be happy with it
I drive my city cvt from kundanahalli to domlur and I get 9+ almost always.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:19   #185
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 536
Thanked: 692 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
I have been driving it (My silver streak - W10 FWD Automatic) around for a month now with 3 trips between Kottayam (Kerala) and Bangalore, and one trip from Kottayam - Kanyakumari - Bangalore. The mileage figures as below.

Kottayam - Kumili - Cumbum (Slightly Ghat section) 14 to 15 KMPL
Cumbum - Bangalore 16 KMPL
Bangalore City 12 to 13 KMPL
Kottayam town 10 KMPL
Kottayam - Kanyakumari 15 KMPL

Highways (normal driving) 16 KMPL
Highways (aggressive) 12-14 KMPL

Good performance, very comfortable and gives confidence.

Comment about the space inside:
Kottayam to Kanyakumari : 3 grown up kids of above average height and physique in the 3rd row, 3 adults and 1 small child in 2nd row, Driver and co-driver in front. No complaints from anyone any time during the trip. (not sure if that was due to their excitement, especially the 3rd row occupants)

Dear Jo-G,

That is IMPRESSIVE!
Thanks for sharing. So, do you get approx 900~1000 km range from one tankful?

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:56   #186
BHPian
 
mtnrajdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 638
Thanked: 81 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

The fuel statistics showed 15 kmpl for me when maintaining the speed between 110 - 120 kmph during my drive from Hyderabad to Bangalore.

Later, at higher speeds, it dropped to about 13kmpl.

It was driven just over 1000km at that time, so I expect it to be better after running-in is completed.

Currently, after 2200 km of driving, it is showing 12kmpl (100% peak city traffic between Whitefield and Domlur in Bangalore)
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 13:25   #187
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 306
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Currently at about 1900km of running in 20 odd days. We took delivery of the purple monster on 1st of April 2016.

Mainly city and congested highway running so far.

Fuel stats show that I am getting between 7.5 and 8.5 kmpl with an average of 7.97kmpl full-tank to full-tank.

The MID shows 9kmpl.

I am expecting this to improve post the 5k service.

Last edited by pillainp : 22nd April 2016 at 13:26.
pillainp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:49   #188
BHPian
 
kaviprem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 780
Thanked: 472 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
The fuel statistics showed 15 kmpl for me when maintaining the speed between 110 - 120 kmph during my drive from Hyderabad to Bangalore.

Later, at higher speeds, it dropped to about 13kmpl.

It was driven just over 1000km at that time, so I expect it to be better after running-in is completed.

Currently, after 2200 km of driving, it is showing 12kmpl (100% peak city traffic between Whitefield and Domlur in Bangalore)
If the 12 kmpl is the actual number that is based on your full tank to full tank calculation, its really good.
In City's case, there is hardly any difference b/w the dash average mileage and the tank-tank calculation.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:57   #189
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,660
Thanked: 7,505 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Currently at about 1900km of running in 20 odd days. We took delivery of the purple monster on 1st of April 2016.

Mainly city and congested highway running so far.

Fuel stats show that I am getting between 7.5 and 8.5 kmpl with an average of 7.97kmpl full-tank to full-tank.

The MID shows 9kmpl.

I am expecting this to improve post the 5k service.

By design, the MID doesn't show a number less than 9 kmpl.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 17:03   #190
BHPian
 
mtnrajdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 638
Thanked: 81 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
If the 12 kmpl is the actual number that is based on your full tank to full tank calculation, its really good.
In City's case, there is hardly any difference b/w the dash average mileage and the tank-tank calculation.

Prem.
This is as per the MID. Over 3-4 tankfuls, I only saw a difference of 0.5kmpl to 0.7kmpl compared to the MID. The MID rounds up to the next highest figure (11.2kmpl is rounded up to show as 12kmpl
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 20:26   #191
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

My Xuv500 W10 AT has just about done 650 kms all within bangalore city and shows 10 kmpl on the MID... 50% of the times it has been pathetic potholes laden roads..
dpkarvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 09:52   #192
BHPian
 
vinitbhavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai MH 02
Posts: 330
Thanked: 210 Times
Default

Hello friends please help me choose between W8 A/T and W10 AWD.

The XUV does come with both AWD and A/T. My reasons for choosing AWD over A/T are as follows

- Its a new technology so will have to wait and watch how it works out for Mahindra, the AWD meanwhile is tried and tested. Have already been waiting for a while now don't want to delay further. There's no end to it then.

-The combination of both is pushing the price to beyond 21L on road Mumbai would like to be within the psychological limit of 20L though I know its just a Lakh more.

- Too many electronics for my comfort exponential chances of things going wrong.

- Appreciable difference in fuel economy figures of 16 km/ ltr to 13 km/ ltr.

- my vehicle use is Not for daily commute and will be used for occasional road trips outside Mumbai / all over India. My Grand i10 will still be used for city use.

Any comments will be appreciated by all the experts and friends.

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 25th April 2016 at 10:01. Reason: Daily commute
vinitbhavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 10:17   #193
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,105
Thanked: 12,452 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hello friends please help me choose between W8 A/T and W10 AWD.
Get the W10 AWD.

Why? Since the Grand i10 is there for city use, AT may not be required for your long drive usage.

AWD would be helpful during your long drives in case you want to venture out places.

Initial investment is high but you'll be happy in the long run for getting a top-end variant.

Last edited by a4anurag : 25th April 2016 at 10:18.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 10:37   #194
Newbie
 
sameerchavan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Friends
Yesterday, I took a test drive for AWD Automatic (W10) and drove almost 30min. Tried manual automatic mode, bumpy roads, short turns, fast accelerations, etc. But I am confused on which model to buy. Whether W8-FWD or W10-AWD. I don't know if this All -Wheel-Drive really works with Mahindra. Has anyone tested AWD XUV on muddy roads and seen all the wheels rotating ? Since there is no manual button to engage AWD, we have to believe the sensors in mahindra works and it's really an AWD.
I see many people posting reports for W8-FWD. Looks like it's the popular model than W10. Is this true ?
1) Another thing. How are the vibrations and noise levels due to this automatic gearbox ? I read the steering vibrates.
2) I found AC power too weak and the fan speed is very low. Is that a problem in automatic version or all versions?

Sameer
Current car - Ertiga
Ex- Tata Aria owner, Ford Fiesta, Indica,

Last edited by sameerchavan : 25th April 2016 at 10:58.
sameerchavan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 11:00   #195
BHPian
 
vinitbhavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai MH 02
Posts: 330
Thanked: 210 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Get the W10 AWD.

Why? Since the Grand i10 is there for city use, AT may not be required for your long drive usage.

AWD would be helpful during your long drives in case you want to venture out places.

Initial investment is high but you'll be happy in the long run for getting a top-end variant.
Wow anurag I'm elated that an expert like you has advised the same. Will keep that in mind,as I put forth I'm definitely inclined towards the AWD over the A /T more now
vinitbhavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review Tushar Official New Car Reviews 1990 25th July 2017 12:50
Mahindra XUV500 with 6-Speed Automatic in 2015. EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 15.53 lakh sarathlal The Indian Car Scene 201 22nd December 2015 13:45
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks