Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 26th September 2016, 23:05   #391
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Originally Posted by Sting View Post
+1 on the noisy part, this is not the quietest diesel AT around. As others have stated above already one should not lug the long stroke diesel engine ( low rpm and higher gears). This will be close of blasphemy in the high torgue/long stroke world!

The W6 is undoubtedly the best value for money in the entire AT lineup for XUV. However, don't let the sales rep colour your thoughts. The W6 misses out on the additional 4 airbags which was the primary reason for me switching to the W8. Additionally, the OE leather seats do offer a premium ambience. If you are keen on the W8, stick to it. The reps tried to convince me to buy the W6 too and they weren't wrong in recommending the value for money proposition. The additional airbags sealed the deal for me. With variants the decision usually boils down to how much one is willing to stretch/spend. I drew the line on the W8 and haven't regretted it.

One reason I did not get the W10 was that Mahindra was not offering the Rs 40k discount (free extended warranty + 17k worth of accessories) it was offering on other variants. The other was that there was no AWD option so the incentive to go for the W10 was significantly reduced.

Broadly the cost were: 16.32 (ex showroom) + Rs2.08 (RT & registration) + Rs 45k insurance +Rs 16.3 k TDS. Mahindra had an offer on extended warranty (Rs 22.5k) and 17k worth of free accessories. Additional accessories were offered at a discount- up to 25% off. I could not transfer the NCB from my previous car since the new owner had not transferred the insurance, will do it in the next renewal cycle.

Hope this helps and good luck with your purchase!

Thanks Sting!

I had almost made up my mind on W8 but a test drive with family got them gunning for the sunroof and lo I had to stretch my already stretched budget lest I regret later. Finally booked the pearl white 1.99 W10 AT from Sri Durga automobiles Dwarka for delivery planned during the Navratri. I see you mentioned 25% discount on the accessories but I was offered only 10%. Though it's quite late but may I ask from which dealer you got the car?

lantian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 23:25   #392

Just wanted to ask the DIY guru's out here. I come from a Auto Diesel Fluidic Verna and I'm really looking forward to buying this car. However i'm a guy who drives his car atleast 80% of the time in triptronic mode.

Seeing the button on the XUV for manual shifting has really turned me off as:
1] It will cause a fatigued left thumb.
2] Take the little bit fun out of having a pseudo-stick shift.
3] Make the button prone to break or loosen up with prolonged use perhaps??

Just wanted to know if there is anyway possible to install paddle shifters to this bad boy? If yes then what would be the cost along with a source to get it done in Mumbai and if it will void the warranty.
Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 09:10   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
Just wanted to know if there is anyway possible to install paddle shifters to this bad boy? If yes then what would be the cost along with a source to get it done in Mumbai and if it will void the warranty.
IMHO, 90% of the drivers who buy cars equipped with AT drive it on D or Auto mode. Using gear lever or button to shift gears beats the purpose actually of buying an AT.

So manufacturers don't give much emphasis to semi-manual gear shifting.

Adding paddle shifters would be a costly option and would definitely require you to go for an aftermarket steering wheel. Not worth the hassles. Plus warranty would go for a toss.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2016, 19:17   #394
Senior - BHPian
Default Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Quite a sweeping statement considering we don't even know how the 2016 Innova drives, whether it will come with an AT and what price point it will be at. I could tell you that I'll buy the 2022 next-gen XUV500 over the 2016 Innova, but that's going nowhere.

Please tell me the prices of other SUVs that offer this cabin space, AT and AWD. And when it comes to the cabin and comfort, the XUV500 is superior to the 33 lakh Fortuner 4x4 AT.

Hey, I'm just curious now that the Innova is launched, between the automatic XUV 5OO and Innova what would you guys recommend. Now that you've had an official review of both and therefore spent time in both. Just want to know how you rate one against the other all factors considered. The Innova has pushed the envelope on price a fair bit but then it's also gone reasonably plush.

Axe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2016, 15:14   #395

Been following the XUV threads for a while and finally plunged in and picked up the W10 AT AWD this week - this after driving a Scorpio for a long long time.

Thank you to all on these groups for so much detailed info - made the final call simpler.

Any suggestions on a wider dead pedal?
skhendry is offline   Reply With Quote