Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 29th May 2017, 19:37   #451
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsathya View Post
Friends, I am sure you would've noticed the new version of XUV 500 with upgraded software (Android Auto, Connected Apps, Ecosense tech and an Emergency Call function) which got launched last week.
This is a clear case of miscommunication- I got my vehicle's (XUV 500 W10 FWD) software upgraded a month ago for Rs. 1000 + Taxes which was purchased in July 2015 (it's a June 2015 make).

Whilst it's true that most features may not be available, Android Auto is a sure thing.

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th May 2017 at 21:00. Reason: Fixing Quotes, please do a preview before submitting. Thanks.
jacobvarughese is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 13:54   #452
BHPian

As per an article by ACI, Mahindra XUV 5OO's automatic variants would receive a power bump to 170 BHP. Although Torque figures are not disclosed yet, I'm guessing Mahindra could get it up to 400 Nm to compete against the likes of Tata Hexa.

Quote:
As with the upcoming Scorpio facelift – which is set to get a more powerful 140hp 2.2-litre diesel – the XUV500’s diesel motor is also set to receive a bump in power, with the current 140hp unit being uprated to develop a more substantial 170hp. There is no word on any changes to torque figures, though they could also rise in conjunction

Last edited by nerd1200 : 30th May 2017 at 14:04.
nerd1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 19:34   #453
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by docprashant View Post
Greetings fellow BHPians...this is my first post on this forum. Have been a shadow follower for quite some time now. My query is pertaining to the W10 vs the upcoming Compass. As i will be in the market for a ~20 lakh purchase (that is the maximum limit pour moi) i was keen on the W10 automatic. The design of the facelifted XUV has really grown on me. Also the positives highlighted by GTO for the autobox have been a context setter. Just read a recent article which pits Compass as ~16 lakhs ex showroom for the base model. A lot of it is speculation only but really sends my mind thinking should i go for The Jeep or the Indian jeep.
I would strongly suggest XUV500 over Jeep Compass,

1) Low cost of maintenance
2) Better mileage
3) Mahindra's network is far penetrated than Jeep
4) Better street presence
5) Good resale value compared to Jeep
6) Vast choice of accessories available with Mahindra and aftermarket as well
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2017, 07:08   #454

Hi Folks,

Has anyone remapped XUV AT ? If so, please provide the details of the tuner and O/P figures (torque & bhp) .

Thanks
Amar
amar.madhavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2017, 10:19   #455
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I would strongly suggest XUV500 over Jeep Compass,

1) Low cost of maintenance
2) Better mileage
3) Mahindra's network is far penetrated than Jeep
4) Better street presence
5) Good resale value compared to Jeep
6) Vast choice of accessories available with Mahindra and aftermarket as well
You are comparing with a vehicle which is not even launched yet.
Not sure how you can be so sure about point no. 1, 2, 4 & 6.
shahbaz63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2017, 11:07   #456
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Mod Note: Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 1st June 2017 at 11:43.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2017, 17:05   #457

Hi Guys,
First of all apologies to all of you for not being able to post earlier. Based on all your inputs I finally booked a XUV500 W10 AWD MT and got it delivered on 7th of Jan 2017. Unfortunately there was a medical crisis going on in the family at that time and I could not post in TBHP about the buying decision and experience. Thanks a lot to all of you for helping me decide on this awesome vehicle. The pre-sales and after sales service has been good (Shree Automotive, Kolkata).

I chose the MT over AT because of the following -
1. I prefer to proactively select a lower gear before entering blind turns in the mountains. I thought this would be easier to do with MT.
2. It is cheaper by a lakh

I primarily bought this vehicle so that I can take it anywhere in the mountains. Since then I have made 2 trips to the hills with the XUV. I must say I am really satisfied with the performance. First one I went to Rangaroon Tea Estate near Ghoom(WB) and the second one I just completed was to Ravangla in Sikkim.

After 6400 KMs some of the things I like about this vehicle -
1. Extremely stable in highways even at high speeds (140+)
2. You can ignore most of the potholes (not the very deep ones though)
3. HDC works like a charm in the hills
4. AWD allows you to crawl up effortlessly in 1st gear on very steep slopes
5. ESP allows you to take pretty sharp turns at a decent speed
6. AC does a good job
7. No fatigue for driver and passengers even after a 22 hour journey
8. Lot of space in 1st and 2nd row
9. Ample torque to pull fully loaded vehicle up on really steep roads in the Darjeeling circuit without any concern

What I don't like -
1. Some rattling noise coming from the seat springs of middle/last row
2. Ground clearance gets reduced when I install the sidestep (Mahindra accessory)
3. In the city, often small cars squeeze through narrow gaps which you can't do with the XUV
4. Finding parking slots is sometimes difficult for this size

In my last trip to Ravangla I got a mileage of 12.2 kmpl over 1400 kms. This was with 7 passengers, their luggage, 250 kms in the hills, 3-4 hours of stoppage in jams with AC running.
Puranjoy is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 08:49   #458
BHPian

I got my W10 AT third free service done yesterday. Was surprised to see the brake pads wear down to just 2.5 mm in thickness after driving only 16800 km. This was driven in mostly Bangalore city traffic. In comparison, my Swift VDi brake pads lasted almost 65000km. Is there particular way to drive the AT cars to reduce brake pad wear in city traffic?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th June 2017 at 11:07.
mtnrajdeep is online now   Reply With Quote