Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2016, 23:53   #106
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Hello everyone!
Just got my membership to TBHP approved a few minutes back, and could not wait to have my first post!
As I have just come back from the Mahindra stockyard in Thane to do a PDI on my XUV500 W10 AT-Napoli Black! Yes on the car sticker it mentions the colour as Napoli Black and not Volcano Black as on the website! Can anyone confirm if they changed the name? Not that it matters - It's still Black.

I had pre-booked my car on Nov 28th and finally it's available for delivery hopefully early next week. And this was after I reported the delay to the Regional Sales Manager, who promptly got the dealer to expedite the process.

Now for the PDI; no major issue to report. But the driver side door would not shut as effortlessly as the other doors.
Secondly the middle row AC blower is not as effective (almost neglible throw) as the last row! The lens of the reverse camera above the license plate was off center from its socket. Lastly the engine noise was more than the TD car I drove last month. My car read 6KM on the ODO and the TD car was at about 250KM. The technician said the noise will settle after about 2000KM. Can anyone confirm if any of my concerns are valid or am I over-reacting!

For the positives; the car was looking stunning! They had washed it just before I got there. Sun roof worked very smoothly without any noise or thudding sound. Bluetooth paired easily with my iPhone, and made a call back home and it was absolute clear!

I am excited to take delivery at the earliest!

Thanks
Pranay
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review-image.jpeg  

Vashanis is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 03:31   #107
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,698
Thanked: 11,034 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
But the driver side door would not shut as effortlessly as the other doors.

Secondly the middle row AC blower is not as effective (almost neglible throw) as the last row!

The lens of the reverse camera above the license plate was off center from its socket.

Lastly the engine noise was more than the TD car I drove last month.
Hello Pranay,

Welcome on board and congratulations on becoming a BHPian. Do go through the rules of the forum.

Another congratulations on your to be XUV 5OO W10. She looks fabulous in black.

I am not an expert XUVian as yet, but the observations you have posted here, can you check any other W10 in their yard that has arrived on the same time as your car?

If things are good with the other ones, then get the issue escalated and solved prior to delivery.

What are the comments on your observations by the Technician representing the dealership?

Whatever has to be done should be done now. After delivery things would be difficult.

Last edited by a4anurag : 28th January 2016 at 03:33.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 09:19   #108
BHPian
 
Jo-G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Hey Prem, seems your observation is inline with what Anurag had during his AT test drive as well. He had compared this to a Tata maropolo bus lol
I was one of the first few customers who could do a TD on a brand new XUV Automatic and didn't observe any such sounds. Have owned and driven a Honda Pilot (3.5 litre, Petrol, automatic) earlier, I found the sound of the XUV automatic to be only slightly more (negligible) considering the fact that diesel engines have a higher decibel levels than petrol engines. Probably the vehicle that made more noise could have been abused by many on TD (just a possibility) to generate the "Marcopolo" decibels. Please note that a VW Vento has higher db than its cousin the Skoda Rapid though both are European brands and VW should have had a better refined engine.

It is true that we may not match the Korean, Japanese or European brands, but I am sure we are getting closer. XUV for that matter is a very strong contender. Had the Hexa been on the road for some time, we would have had another contender from the homegrown automobiles that can stand up to the foreign brands. Lets give the R&D folks of M&M and Tatas a thumps up for their superb work and dedication in bringing such products that can compete with those international brands.
Jo-G is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 09:27   #109
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 33
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Jo-g : Agreed xuv has a set a benchmark in worlds market , plus the amount of R&D now tata and M&M are doing is marvelous . Moreover the credit also goes to their recent acquired companies who are leaving no stone unturned to improve their technology . like jaguar and land rover for tata
Jose.solorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 12:18   #110
BHPian
 
supertinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 747
Thanked: 369 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
Now try this give a feathers touch to the throttle when you start moving not even 1100 RPM and release it engine settles to a little more than 800 RPM, and you are moving at just below 10 kph in second at idle. Drive with a little more than a feathers touch and stepp off the throttle as soon as you come to 1600 RPM or so, and you can be in 6th at just about 1350 Rpm and 80 kph.
Quite possible, but I believe based on the context of discussion here during test drives no one goes gentle and tend to push the accelerator a bit and the gearbox probably upshifts a bit late, resulting in this higher decibels compared to manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
Now for the PDI; no major issue to report. But the driver side door would not shut as effortlessly as the other doors.
Secondly the middle row AC blower is not as effective (almost neglible throw) as the last row! The lens of the reverse camera above the license plate was off center from its socket. Lastly the engine noise was more than the TD car I drove last month. My car read 6KM on the ODO and the TD car was at about 250KM. The technician said the noise will settle after about 2000KM. Can anyone confirm if any of my concerns are valid or am I over-reacting!
Congrats on your new acquisition. From the issues you listed I believe new engines are always rougher and smoothen out after few thousand kms. It actually improves more after 1st service. Mine felt more free revving. Mid row AC vents are for show only and air throw is very poor. You will need to use last row vents during hot days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
It is true that we may not match the Korean, Japanese or European brands, but I am sure we are getting closer. XUV for that matter is a very strong contender. Had the Hexa been on the road for some time, we would have had another contender from the homegrown automobiles that can stand up to the foreign brands. Lets give the R&D folks of M&M and Tatas a thumps up for their superb work and dedication in bringing such products that can compete with those international brands.
Jo-G, I totally understand your sentiments and agree as well. I own one as well. However the discussion here was never about belittling Mahindra against foreign brands. We are just comparing AT vs MT XUV decibel levels and contemplating why AT sounds louder at lower gears. The Tata marcopolo bus comparison Anurag is ofcourse an exaggeration just to explain the context.

Btw OT though, you really need to hear an Innova in first gear to understand decibels. I find it louder than a volvo or any bus.
supertinu is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 21:44   #111
BHPian
 
giri1.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 345
Thanked: 179 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Mahindra seems to be testing the automatic version again(spotted today), not sure what changes will be made! Any further info would be interesting.



P.S: Mods please create a separate thread if needed.
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 22:49   #112
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 315
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

It may be 2 liter engine what they introduced recently.
niv26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 23:59   #113
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,698
Thanked: 11,034 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
It may be 2 liter engine what they introduced recently.
I hope they just don't replace 2.2L mHawk to 2.0L for the whole country.

Any rebadging done? What is the badge below "Mahindra"?

Last edited by a4anurag : 29th January 2016 at 00:00.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 00:47   #114
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hello Pranay,

Welcome on board and congratulations on becoming a BHPian. Do go through the rules of the forum.

Another congratulations on your to be XUV 5OO W10. She looks fabulous in black.
Thank you Anurag for the warm welcome and the wishes!

Quote:
I am not an expert XUVian as yet, but the observations you have posted here, can you check any other W10 in their yard that has arrived on the same time as your car?

If things are good with the other ones, then get the issue escalated and solved prior to delivery.
There weren't any XUVs for me to compare my observations. I asked the technician and he said they hadn't received any more XUVs.

Quote:
What are the comments on your observations by the Technician representing the dealership?
He tried to brush away my concerns in a very nonchalant manner but after pursuing it more they agreed to look into it and rectify. But for the engine noise he said the same thing as Supertinu that it would settle down in the very near future

Quote:
Whatever has to be done should be done now. After delivery things would be difficult.
I have already escalated the issues to the manager at the dealer itself and they promised to check the issues in their local workshop in Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition. From the issues you listed I believe new engines are always rougher and smoothen out after few thousand kms. It actually improves more after 1st service. Mine felt more free revving. Mid row AC vents are for show only and air throw is very poor. You will need to use last row vents during hot days.
Thank you for the wishes and your feedback. Appreciate it.

Could I request someone to post a picture of the reverse camera on their XUV to compare what I saw on my vehicle for me to take it up,with the dealer

Thank you all once again for all your valuable inputs.
Pranay

Isn't the rear appliqué the from the older model?

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 29th January 2016 at 01:35.
Vashanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 11:26   #115
BHPian
 
manishverma0675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 37
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Gents!I had booked the W10 AT FWD version and it is ready for delivery now.I just back from a trip abroad and going by GTO's advice that a SUV without 4X4 is not a SUV and decided to change to W10 AT AWD. I should be able to get the vehicle by next week.
manishverma0675 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 14:53   #116
BHPian
 
neo_trace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: surat,gujarat
Posts: 190
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Hi, My friend is going to buy W10 AT or MT version. Is there any discounts or buyback offers going on AT or MT?
neo_trace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 14:55   #117
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,429
Thanked: 1,431 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishverma0675 View Post
Gents!I had booked the W10 AT FWD version and it is ready for delivery now.I just back from a trip abroad and going by GTO's advice that a SUV without 4X4 is not a SUV and decided to change to W10 AT AWD. I should be able to get the vehicle by next week.
Congratulations! Indeed a SUV without a 4x4 isn't a SUV. Great choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
Hi, My friend is going to buy W10 AT or MT version. Is there any discounts or buyback offers going on AT or MT?
There was a light discount on the MT version of W10 here in Mumbai couple of weeks back, I don't think you might get any for the AT version though, check with a couple of dealers at your end.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2016, 11:28   #118
Newbie
 
cloudno19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 10
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Hello fellow BHPians,

Great start to the day with the news of my membership being approved and now being part of this elite forum.

Coming straight to the point, about 2 weeks back, I booked my beast a W10 AWD AT (Purple) and was told that it would take around 45 days from booking for getting this vehicle delivered, as this variant is make to order.

To my surprise, a January 2016 model was assigned to me in a weeks time of my booking and I did my PDI last weekend . The car is in real good shape, although a left side rubber beading from the sun roof is hanging loose, but the sun roof functions as expected (seems like bad QC on Mahindra's part). The sales guy accompanying me has said that he will get it fixed before delivery during their PDI process.

All payments are done and the car could have been delivered early next week, but I have delayed delivery, as the home ministry has chosen a delivery date that might delay it by another week's time... This wait is killing me for sure...

I would like to take this opportunity to thank this forum for the excellent reviews and inputs over the years, that always helped me in my buying and maintenance decisions. Also, thanks for the detailed PDI form, although it was not specific to my variant, it surely covered most things to inspect in detail.

Finally, I would be writing in a post covering my entire shortlisting, buying and initial ownership experience as soon as I get my hands on my beast.

Cheers!!!

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 12th February 2016 at 03:42. Reason: Please restrict smiley usage to two per post only.
cloudno19 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2016, 20:41   #119
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,429
Thanked: 1,431 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudno19 View Post
The car is in real good shape, although a left side rubber beading from the sun roof is hanging loose ; but the sun roof functions as expected (seems like bad QC on Mahindra's part). The sales guy accompanying me has said that he will get it fixed before delivery during their PDI process.
Congratulations on getting the beast! Don't worry about the rubber beading on the left side of the sunroof its just a 2 minute fix just make sure you remind them before going for taking the delivery so you have a 100% perfect car waiting for you.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2016, 08:06   #120
BHPian
 
Ehsank78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 39
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Company claims mileage of 16-17 km/lr. Anybody have the actual mileage figures for manual and automatic version?
Ehsank78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review Tushar Official New Car Reviews 1858 30th March 2017 17:40
Mahindra XUV500 with 6-Speed Automatic in 2015. EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 15.53 lakh sarathlal The Indian Car Scene 201 22nd December 2015 13:45
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:10.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks